Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Discodog wrote: »
    Were the ferries stopped for a few days or a few hours ?

The issue was that the trucks did not leave Amazon until they knew sailings were going ahead.

The main problem, just like airlines, that the delayed trucks had to wait for space to come available - they couldn't jump into spaces already booked.

And it wasn't Amazon. We had pallets due into us on Wed 28th. They arrived last Tuesday.

Pallets due in on Friday 30th arrived on time.

Both from same supplier, both with same carrier.

Sh1t happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 strangelyBrown

Well Amazon declared my parcel lost. It's still showing as sitting in Ballymount if I check the An Post tracker but Amazon clearly don't expect it to be delivered.

My package (originally DHL from Germany) is listed in the tracker as "ITEM IS IN TRANSIT" since Thursday afternoon, with Portlaoise as the last location. So, from your post, I'm to understand that there's another stage between this, and "OUT FOR DELIVERY"? Not much to be done about it, but hope they're getting through the backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

My package (originally DHL from Germany) is listed in the tracker as "ITEM IS IN TRANSIT" since Thursday afternoon, with Portlaoise as the last location. So, from your post, I'm to understand that there's another stage between this, and "OUT FOR DELIVERY"? Not much to be done about it, but hope they're getting through the backlog.

Same. I think they get dropped to D12 after portlaoise and then out for delivery. So we're out of luck when it comes to getting them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

No luck for me, postman drove straight past house! 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

An post seem to be working well for me. Maybe it's area related, I'm in D8. I'm receiving items earlier than expected, including amazon purchases

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Got mine this morning, it had arrived to Ballymount early last week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭droidman123

Mine is "in transit" in the dublin hub for the last 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Mine is "in transit" in the dublin hub for the last 7 days

Same as mine in the Drogheda centre. Today is the last day Amazon says to allow before contacting them. Is the live chat only on the desktop site? I can't see it anywhere on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

One of mine which was lost, and for which I've received a refund, is now out for delivery. 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

My parcel from UK, ordered black Friday, received at an Post last night and delivered this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I hope everyone here has seen this week's South Park episode, I think you'll find it very relatable :pac:

Got this update on a package I'm waiting on from Amazon, should have arrived at the Kilkenny DSU, but was somehow sent to Naas instead
    Monday, 10 December
    8:24 AM
    Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
    NAAS D.S.U.,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

Call me Al wrote: »
    My parcel from UK, ordered black Friday, received at an Post last night and delivered this morning.

My parcel has been sitting in the Dublin hub since last Thursday. They better get a move on. It doesn't make sense that a parcel received last night gets delivered the day after, while a parcel received four days ago is still sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭VG31

I had an ebay order from the UK delivered today which was posted last Wednesday. Yet one of my amazon orders was due to be delivered last Wednesday but there's still nothing on the tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If you are out and see the go car vans, enterprise etc they are nearly all taken up with an post.

Mad busy out there and imagine what it's like for the workers.

This time of year and with black Friday sales etc they are over run.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

My parcel has been sitting in the Dublin hub since last Thursday. They better get a move on. It doesn't make sense that a parcel received last night gets delivered the day after, while a parcel received four days ago is still sitting there.

It does, if it works the way someone explained earlier. They are going to be "fined" for the lat delivery, whether its one day, or 5 days late. So if they clear the newer arrivals, they don't get fined on those, and still only pay the same fine on the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

jamescd wrote: »
    I queried a Prime order on Live chat that was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. Your man said it's in transit but he can send out replacements if need be. I told him wouldn't the replacement take even longer. He said no, I'll get it tomorrow. I asked him is he sure and he assured me if I go ahead with the replacement, I will absolutely get it tomorrow.

I decided to go ahead with it. Anyone think there's a chance of me getting it tomorrow? Considering it's not dispatched yet and the delivery estimate on the replacement items even says 12th December, I'd say your man was talking nonsense and no way I'm getting it tomorrow.

So as expected the replacement didn't arrive on Saturday. Hell, it didn't even arrive today.

I told him if the replacement is gonna take longer than the original ones they sent out, then don't bother with it. But he was so insistent that I'd get the replacement within 24 hours so I eventually agreed. Well 3 days later, the replacement didn't arrive either.

Note to self, don't agree to replacements in the future :mad: It's just a huge waste of time. I'll most likely receive the original ones before the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

So my latest Amazon order placed on Saturday has just arrived at the Dublin depot. Will be interesting to see which one I receive first. This one or the one thats still sitting there since Dec 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Got mine there. Amazon refunded it and gave 5£ gift. Around 8 days total, so 6 days over due. Suppose it's here now.

One was expected the 5th and is still AWOL. Amazon message says to come back Friday and they help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

selous wrote: »
    Roll on the snow storm,(for a week or two) then there'll be no deliveries anywhere, and people will go to ..............SHOPS for things. :rolleyes:

Amazon packet ordered on 30-Nov
    Dispatched on 7-Dec
    Got a text today, 9-Dec saying it was in An Post National hub and offering alternative delivery options. so should get it tomorrow so......shouldn't I? :confused:

Received it this afternoon. happy days. that's everything I've ordered from Amazon now all 5 packets since 23 -Nov arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Suckit wrote: »
    That would have to be an awful lot of parcels missing a bit of an address. And why is it only happening now? Did all the amazon label machines become faulty at the same time or did all the labels weirdly rip or get wet?
    I ordered two items from amazon UK yesterday and expected delivery date is 19th of December.

Happened to me last year, theres about 1 cm of the left side of the address missing

Mr S]elous Smith
    200]8 Beautiful road
    Hap]py days

Something like that above,(everything to the left was missing it was sent back "unable to deliver"
    I asked my Postman, and he said there were hundreds sent back because of it, unless the contact number was attached to bar code.
    Looks like its still happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

TallGlass wrote: »
    Got mine there. Amazon refunded it and gave 5£ gift. Around 8 days total, so 6 days over due. Suppose it's here now.

One was expected the 5th and is still AWOL. Amazon message says to come back Friday and they help me out.

Did you get an email about the refund ? I was told an order of mine is prob lost and they have issued a full refund of 15GBP. But never got an email myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Did you get an email about the refund ? I was told an order of mine is prob lost and they have issued a full refund of 15GBP. But never got an email myself

Think there was an email saying it was refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

The status of your order an Amazon will change to refunded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

The status of your order an Amazon will change to refunded

Thanks, Took an hour for the order to change to refunded. But no emails still.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

One of mine which was lost, and for which I've received a refund, is now out for delivery. 😮

Say nothing....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

My amazon parcel which was sitting in Dublin 12 since the 2nd has finally reached Portlaoise at 5am today. I’m in Carlow so hopefully I’ll have it tomorrow!

EDIT: it was scanned in Carlow at 7am so looks like I’ll have it today after all. The 11th was the revised date amazon gave me when the delays emerged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have a package that first of all amazon took their sweet time shipping. Then when it finally arrived in Dublin a week after shipping sat there for another week.

Finally last night it arrived in Portlaoise, which is my nearest depot.

This morning it went from

Assigned delivery route

Item is on delivery

Item in depot - mis-sorted

Wth does that even mean? It seem I’m not destined to receive this package.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

My package from Germany is "in Delivery" this morning. Just two more after that, but they aren't tracked :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ordered on November 25th, so left plenty of time. 4 presents in this one so would prefer if it arrived, dreading the thoughts of having to mingle with 'people' to go shopping and replace them. :(
    What will amazon 'do' tomorrow to 'help me out' ? In fairness An Post are usually very good, just annoying since I ordered it in good time and track and trace isn't working for it.

Another one which is untracked which I'll struggle to get money back for if it doesn't arrive, I'd say that was due today but purchased via a living social voucher so no idea how I even try to track that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

road_high wrote: »
    Say nothing....!!

yea, steal. Great advice.

Advertisement