Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Are An Post doing weekend deliveries?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Ordered something from Italy on eBay. According to the Italian postal tracking, it left Italy on the 10th and arrived in Ireland the next day. The tracking number is not recognised on anpost track and trace. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

tedpan wrote: »
    Ordered something from Italy on eBay. According to the Italian postal tracking, it left Italy on the 10th and arrived in Ireland the next day. The tracking number is not recognised on anpost track and trace. Any ideas?

You'll have to wait until it gets scanned in Portlaoise. Same thing happened to me. I was waiting over a week for it to be scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Are An Post doing weekend deliveries?

Saturday only

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Saturday only

Saturday and Sunday for parcels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Just an FYI, amazon.co.uk order dispatched on 1st December was delivered yesterday 13th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

rgfuller wrote: »
    Just an FYI, amazon.co.uk order dispatched on 1st December was delivered yesterday 13th.

At checkout what was your original estimated delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Davy wrote: »
    At checkout what was your original estimated delivery date?

7-8th December

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

When did it reach An Post?

I had an package ordered last Wednesday the 5th, left the Fufillment centre in Warwickshire on Thursday the 6th, arrived at the Dublin Parcel Centre on Saturday after which the tracking number became recognised on the An Post website. It was scanned in at 1332, and I got the text message with the view alternative delivery options link at 1403. Package was delivered on Monday morning with the rest of the post.

For me at least I can't say I've noticed a delay with any black friday/christmas packages. With one exception Amazon have been spot on with their delivered by date on the item page and at check out with the 2 day prime delivery, that was something that arrived on a Monday instead of the Friday and that got me a months free prime for my troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Order dispatched from amazon on the 1st has disappeared into the ether. Amazon refunded me and also gave me a months free prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ordered something off Amazon today, giving me a delivery due date of 28th December, but I can cancel if I want and if it arrives too late can refuse at delivery, sure we'll see, if it arrives before Christmas, grand, if the 28, grand, reduced from £298 to £99.00 (E108)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

tedpan wrote: »

Order from amazon Italy on the 6th was in Ireland for the 7th and an post delivered it on on the 11th. Tracking number had no movement until after delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

After waiting nearly three weeks for one delivery, have had three other Amazon orders delivered on time over the last couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ordered something on GameStop that was sent in the 13th and was delivered today. 5 packages sent from the UK, hopefully they arrive in a timely manner...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Are they definitely delivering parcels today ? Or is it just larger towns.
    Have a package to be delivered since Friday as in it’s out for delivery since Friday morning, no sign of it Friday or yesterday. Paid an Irish company extra for next day delivery on Thursday morning. It was kind of important I got this as it’s to head off with someone on an early flight tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

harr wrote:
    Are they definitely delivering parcels today ? Or is it just larger towns. Have a package to be delivered since Friday as in it’s out for delivery since Friday morning, no sign of it Friday or yesterday. Paid an Irish company extra for next day delivery on Thursday morning. It was kind of important I got this as it’s to head off with someone on an early flight tomorrow.

In our area they only deliver to the larger built up areas at weekends. No rural weekend delivery. If you have the same postman for letters and parcels, chances are you won't get a delivery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

harr wrote: »
    Are they definitely delivering parcels today ? Or is it just larger towns.
    Have a package to be delivered since Friday as in it’s out for delivery since Friday morning, no sign of it Friday or yesterday. Paid an Irish company extra for next day delivery on Thursday morning. It was kind of important I got this as it’s to head off with someone on an early flight tomorrow.

Despite what AnPost day I think next Sunday is the only Sunday they will be delivering parcels on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭banie01

F34 wrote: »
    Despite what AnPost day I think next Sunday is the only Sunday they will be delivering parcels on.

I had a delivery from AnPost this morning.
    Limerick City area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

F34 wrote: »
    Taught as much no sign of any vans around today or yesterday for that matter. I was expecting it to arrive yesterday as it was scheduled on Friday. Pissed off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

harr wrote:
    Taught as much no sign of any vans around today or yesterday for that matter. I was expecting it to arrive yesterday as it was scheduled on Friday. Pissed off now.

There was definately a full nationwide delivery yesterday and am sure the larger urban areas are getting a parcel delivery today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

There was a full letter and parcel delivery yesterday nationwide.

Primary route parcel delivery today. Saw delivery van in Churchtown, Dublin earlier.

They also have a large number of Enterprise Rent-a-van vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Davy wrote: »
    Saturday and Sunday for parcels

I've been waiting 5 working days since it entered the An Post tracking system.
    That's fine, they are busy, but now I'm getting attempted deliveries on Saturday to my work address (which anyone would know is closed on Saturday/Sunday), that seems like a waste of precious resources.

Does anyone know do they attempt to re-delivery or do I have to try and find a delivery note (no chance!). I think I read last year they do 3 attempts?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know if it’s possible to just go collect packages from the Dublin 12 delivery depot? Packages sitting not moving for days after supposedly being “delivered” and then somehow gone back to the depot. Don’t fancy the chances of another botched delivery attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

jennyq wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know if it’s possible to just go collect packages from the Dublin 12 delivery depot? Packages sitting not moving for days after supposedly being “delivered” and then somehow gone back to the depot. Don’t fancy the chances of another botched delivery attempt.

No you wont get past the security at the gate if you try go to the DMC in D12, so not worth wasting your time. Its when it land's in your local area delivery office you can pick it up from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

That's fine, they are busy, but now I'm getting attempted deliveries on Saturday to my work address (which anyone would know is closed on Saturday/Sunday), that seems like a waste of precious resources.

Does anyone know do they attempt to re-delivery or do I have to try and find a delivery note (no chance!). I think I read last year they do 3 attempts?

If it's an Amazon delivery. They are required to attempt delivery 3 times AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

NATLOR wrote: »
    If it's an Amazon delivery. They are required to attempt delivery 3 times AFAIK

They didn't for me. They attempted once and left a note for me to collect from next day from local depot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

RossieMan wrote: »
    The Amazon support have gone to the absolute dogs. If I have to take to another Amir or aknina or whatever they're calling themselves.....

Last time I'll bother with Amazon, just not worth the hassle.

Amazon sent me duplicate packages, including as part of a gift to someone and then sent me an email demanding I return them.

I never ordered them in the first place and in one case they've incurred extra parcel motel fees.

Very annoyed. I just cancelled prime and will be giving Amazon a skip in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,300 ✭✭✭Macy0161

An AddressPal recieved in Hatfield on the 5th December appears to have been finally delivered today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

The Royal Mail seems to be a total mess at the moment too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Mine arrived today despite tracking still stating attempted delivery. An Post causing unnecessary grief for themselves confusing customers.

Advertisement