Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

ross2010 wrote: »
    I ordered 2 items from Amazon on Monday and they were both delivered today by An Post (2 sep deliveries for identical items)

I am still waiting on 3 Amazon orders which I placed on Nov 29th and they shipped from UK on Nov 30th, nothing since on the tracking. Also waiting on 2 orders from diff companies that I ordered 3 weeks ago, the tracking just says In Transit.

What happened to this shipment? Mine was also shipped on Nov 30th and no update on shipping since. What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

There must be a container of amazon orders sitting somewhere unloaded :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Those of us who work or have worked in customer service know that all parties are running around like headless chickens stressed out of their minds!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There must be a container of amazon orders sitting somewhere unloaded :pac:

It's unloaded but is only now getting scanned.

Discodog wrote: »
    It's unloaded but is only now getting scanned.

Why would amazon items ordered and shipped at a later date have been delivered already? Seems strange. All my items were fulfilled by Amazon. I will be delighted if they do arrive though a few of the items I need for sat so they will have to be returned if they don't arrive tomorrow (which is unlikely!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Why would amazon items ordered and shipped at a later date have been delivered already? Seems strange. All my items were fulfilled by Amazon. I will be delighted if they do arrive though a few of the items I need for sat so they will have to be returned if they don't arrive tomorrow (which is unlikely!).
    Depends on how they were shipped.

I know other people who ordered a week after me but have their items. An Post must of decided to process new deliveries rather than the backlog.

Depends on how they were shipped.

Shipped same way, all fulfilled by amazon. Its frustrating but not the end of the world. I have never done a return to amazon before but will need to if they do arrive as no good to me after sat. Do they charge to return when they missed their delivery date? I think Discodog is right and they are processing new deliveries first rather than the backlog.

Shipped same way, all fulfilled by amazon. Its frustrating but not the end of the world. I have never done a return to amazon before but will need to if they do arrive as no good to me after sat. Do they charge to return when they missed their delivery date? I think Discodog is right and they are processing new deliveries first rather than the backlog.

I don't know but I can imagine that Amazon have said to not create anymore unhappy customers. I emailed jeff@amazon.com & you usually get an immediate acknowledgement but I haven't even two days later. I suspect they are snowed under with complaints which serves them right for making promises that they couldn't keep.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just refuse delivery, tell CS that you are doing it, and why.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »

Didn't know I could do that! Thanks. Next challenge figuring out if whats in the box is what I no longer need or the other orders I´m waiting on as xmas pressies :D

whiterebel wrote: »

I have noticed that they often quote a long delivery range for example 3rd to 10th December. We have got used to that meaning delivery before the 3rd but maybe they are now covering their arses ?

Isn't refusing risky in that they won't refund until the item is back with them ? Will Anpost send it straight back or keep it & send out reminders ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have noticed that they often quote a long delivery range for example 3rd to 10th December. We have got used to that meaning delivery before the 3rd but maybe they are now covering their arses ?

Isn't refusing risky in that they won't refund until the item is back with them ? Will Anpost send it straight back or keep it & send out reminders ?

Amazon CS always tell me to refuse delivery when something like this happens. I make sure and tell them, though. The postie should scan it as refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EmmetJ

Our company sends out a lot of parcels with An Post.
    Stuff that is going from Dublin Parcel Centre to other areas of Dublin are the worst. Parcels going to country areas are getting through albeit slowly.

Some parcels have been sitting in the Dublin Parcel Centre since the 28th, others have been delivered in 3 days.

There doesn't seem to be a first-in-first-out system, there seems to be a lottery system in place!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

Finally have an update, my packages arrived in Dublin. How likely will I get it delivered tomorrow or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

All you guys waiting for a packet to be delivered and I get mine (same one) delivered TWICE!!!????

packet.jpg

Also with the Amazon labels, anyone notice the left side of the address is not printed on the label, the most important bit, like a house/apartment number and Eircode, if you haven't got your phone number registered with Amazon (in the tracking barcode) chances are you will NOT get your packet, not A.P fault, but whoever loaded the printer in Amazon, it isn't a new thing happening over last 2 years,
    I've got the phone call from A.P for my address and the first two numbers from address and Eircode are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

I have the same problem as you the older orders are somewhere, but item I ordered on Friday got here today??

Yup my orders didn’t arrive today are they giving particular refunds for a long delay?

Might change customer service tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Had two prime parcels delivered this morning (over a week late), both boxes looked liked they'd been dropped from a height and kicked around. Tbf, there was only books inside, but still. My postman's a sound fella, and bless him even apologised for the state of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I finally got mine today anyway. About a week and a bit after it was meant to be here but got it for when I needed at least.

I'm a non-prime amazon user, and I'm finding my orders are back to the 'normal' delivery times (3-4 days), instead of the deliberately-delayed nonsense that has made me increasingly shop elsewhere instead of amazon lately.

I've also ordered bits and bobs off other sites (in the UK mostly) and nothing has taken any longer to arrive than normal (admittedly, not all deliveries were via An Post, though they've done the majority of them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

My last order some how arrived first, two more are AWOL and another entered the system today :eek:

I also got an Amazon parcel (A turntable) delivered at 8.45pm last Friday, it wasn't An Post, and label doesn't have the courier name, big white van, guy wore a navy tracksuit top, I haven't a breeze,

Tracking says it left "an amazon facility" in Rugby.
    delivery by i parcel,

But not a sausage about who did on this side, only delivered 2 days later, no tracking info at all in between.

selous wrote: »
    I also got an Amazon parcel (A turntable) delivered at 8.45pm last Friday, it wasn't An Post, and label doesn't have the courier name, big white van, guy wore a navy tracksuit top, I haven't a breeze,

delivery by i parcel,

But not a sausage about who did on this side, only delivered 2 days later, no tracking info at all in between.

IParcel is delivered by Fastaway normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

selous wrote: »

delivery by i parcel,

Got similar last weekend...some random dude pulled up in a Ford Focus full of parcels and knocked on door Sunday morning. No tracking info at all from Amazon and he who delivered it hadn’t any paper work to sign. All he had was a list of numbers and addresses on a printed A4 sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

harr wrote: »
    Got similar last weekend...some random dude pulled up in a Ford Focus full of parcels and knocked on door Sunday morning. No tracking info at all from Amazon and he who delivered it hadn’t any paper work to sign. All he had was a list of numbers and addresses on a printed A4 sheet.

Was at the local AnPost depot to pickup a parcel, and overheard the postie at the desk talking to a lady who was looking for a parcel. From what I could get the system was showing the parcel being delivered two days ago and at the same time pending delivery, Not sure if the contradicting info were from the same system or not. the postman himself was confused.

But then mentioned the parcel was supposed to be delivered by a courier for AnPost and he will try and get in touch with the guy tomorrow to track down her parcel. So I am wondering if they have got some third party company doing delivers for them ??

Amazon refund my hole order I am getting 60 euro back nice one thanks op and i get to keep my stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

I'm gonna sit this one out, place an order around 18th-19th and see if it arrives before Christmas. Now is surely the peak.
    In a week or two all will be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I know other people who ordered a week after me but have their items. An Post must of decided to process new deliveries rather than the backlog.

For general post the reason why newer items are processed first is down to the Comreg rules on next day delivery .

Once an item goes past the limit for next day delivery and is considered late then it doesn't matter how late it is the consequences for An Post , in terms of Comreg fine etc , are more or less the same whether it is one day late or 2 weeks late .

Therefore the priority is to stop newer items being late and then when possible work through the backlog of older items

Don't know if Amazon packets fall under the same Comreg rules but given what people are noticing it seems they do .

Advertisement