Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Anyone ever order from Ukraine? I ordered shoes just before Christmas, the parcel says sent to Ireland on the 05/01/19. No sign with an post tracking.

Any advice is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

tedpan wrote: »
    Anyone ever order from Ukraine? I ordered shoes just before Christmas, the parcel says sent to Ireland on the 05/01/19. No sign with an post tracking.

Any advice is appreciated

I made numerous posts about my item coming from the Ukraine on the page before this one.

My item was posted 5th Dec, only arrived yesterday. Tracking didn't update once it left Ukraine, An Post said on Monday that it definitely never made it to Ireland. Then it turned up yesterday, tracking had miraculously updated and backdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Now it seems 3 important letters posted out to me during December failed to arrive at all.
    One was for a dental app for our son an appointment we waiting a year for ... a hospital appointment for me and another from the bank.

My item was posted 5th Dec, only arrived yesterday. Tracking didn't update once it left Ukraine, An Post said on Monday that it definitely never made it to Ireland. Then it turned up yesterday, tracking had miraculously updated and backdated.

Thanks man, that gives me much more hope! So I might see something late Jan or early Feb.

Finger's crossed!

I have an important question for people complaining about not getting their parcels from overseas, Did the sender write Ireland at the bottom of the address on the package? People were complaining before that when they added eircode to their address their parcels got send to Canada but it turns out IRELAND or EIRE wasn't written on the envelope FACEPLAM

Faceplam :D

• Advertisement

I made numerous posts about my item coming from the Ukraine on the page before this one.

They just arrived! Still no tracking online, which is very strange. Anyway, delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Are there still delays?

Waiting a month for a package from the UK at the moment. Stuff I've received from Ireland is all coming the next day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

All our rapid China deliveries are over, just chatting to our postman and the 50 extra staff they hired from late XMas to now to go through the backlog have been let go...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

sunbeam wrote: »
    I received an order from the UK that was dispatched on January 3rd today. Delivery normally takes 3-5 days.

Another UK order was handed over from CAE to An Post early on the morning of Wed 9th. Should have been delivered the following day. It was eventually scanned by An Post 9.30pm Thursday and delivered to me yesterday (Monday).

I received another order from the first company above today, which was dispatched on January 22nd. It looks like things may be getting back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I was talking to a postman (driver)on Monday, kinda using stuff on here about delays, people not getting things over Christmas/New Year etc, he tells me, the amount of parcels and packets that WERENT collected from the depots by people and returned to sender was unreal too,
    Cant please everyone, eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

selous wrote: »
    I was talking to a postman (driver)on Monday, kinda using stuff on here about delays, people not getting things over Christmas/New Year etc, he tells me, the amount of parcels and packets that WERENT collected from the depots by people and returned to sender was unreal too,
    Cant please everyone, eh.

Not sure if all DSUs are on the new hours (7-7). Old ones were dire for anyone working normal hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

One near my folks was open till 9pm over Christmas, and there were Q's up till 9pm, handy for people that needed to collect stuff, it's back to 7 to 7 again, has been that time for ages (years, I'm sure)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

ED E wrote: »
    Not sure if all DSUs are on the new hours (7-7). Old ones were dire for anyone working normal hours.

Maynooth still 1830 on signage and dockets last week anyway

Advertisement