Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

RossieMan wrote: »
    yea, steal. Great advice.

I contated Amazon about a delivery taking ages as to whether it was lost.
    They refunded me, told me I could keep the package and contacted An Post requesting that they expedite delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

So packaged was delivered, but didn't contain everything. Now I've to wait for a replacement that was posted out today. Wonder when that will arrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Ordered an item from eBay last week with a delivery address in Carlow.

An post tracking saying it's been delivered at 8am this morning in Newbridge...

Should I be concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

PaulKK wrote: »
    Ordered an item from eBay last week with a delivery address in Carlow.

An post tracking saying it's been delivered at 8am this morning in Newbridge...

Should I be concerned?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

davo2001 wrote: »
    Yes

I've emailed an post, I won't hold my breath..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

mad muffin wrote: »
    I have a package that first of all amazon took their sweet time shipping. Then when it finally arrived in Dublin a week after shipping sat there for another week.

Finally last night it arrived in Portlaoise, which is my nearest depot.

This morning it went from

Assigned delivery route

Item is on delivery

Item in depot - mis-sorted

Wth does that even mean? It seem I’m not destined to receive this package.

So it turns out An Post were just playing silly buggers with me and delivered the package shortly after I posted this… :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

One of mine which was lost, and for which I've received a refund, is now out for delivery. ��

So two orders, both of which had been declared lost and refunded, arrived as one delivery yesterday
    road_high wrote: »
    Say nothing....!!
    RossieMan wrote: »
    yea, steal. Great advice.

And a pretty stupid idea given that they know it was delivered.

Contacted them through chat - they took the payment for one order again immediately and told me to keep the other one FOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I was chatting to someone yesterday they needed a van for a week for moving stuff, went to Enterprise, they chuckled as they said they had nothing, An Post have over 700 of them, :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I hope that outgoing mail isn't being delayed. I have three packages to Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

I have received all my packages now except one that was coming from China (they usually take months anyhow).

Regarding Amazon refund, if your item was "Refunded" and it later arrives I think they recharge you if you don't send it back. I received a package sat and need to send it back and they emailed me today to say if they don't get it by Jan 4 they will recharge me. They included a pre paid label for An Post. Two other items were refunded but they classed it as "Account Adjustment" so they won't recharge those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

I now have all my Amazon packages bar 2, my replacement items also arrived today. So just hoping the lost items don't turn up and then I have to send them back. The postman said thing are getting back to the normal Christmas business levels now! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Probably a silly question but what is normal Christmas business levels? Does that still include delays or should we expect orders on time before Christmas?

I usually avoid ordering things around Christmas but this year have gotten stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Probably a silly question but what is normal Christmas business levels? Does that still include delays or should we expect orders on time before Christmas?

I usually avoid ordering things around Christmas but this year have gotten stung.

Sorry not a postman , but I think he meant items might be a day or so late. But should be on time. Throw in a few days of bad weather (snow and ice) and god only knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Small item ordered Sunday with Amazon Prime here on Wednesday. Thats good enough for me.

In our area where we have a Postman that does all deliveries by van the postman said that this week half his deliveries had been parcels from Amazon. He also said that deliveries from China had dried up so guess there will soon be new complaints in the Anyone still waiting for stuff from China? thread.

But the junk mail never stops, or gets lost, no fear of that, got An Post stuff today. concentrate on the good stuff lads/ladies (in HQ), not the junk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

So two orders, both of which had been declared lost and refunded, arrived as one delivery yesterday

And a pretty stupid idea given that they know it was delivered.

Contacted them through chat - they took the payment for one order again immediately and told me to keep the other one FOC.

Had to get with them to make payment for an item that was initially refunded, but eventually arrived yesterday. But weird thing is it still shows as pending return and didn't get an email with the receipt, even though I have been now been charged for it. Same for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Finally got delivery of my 'lost' item that arrived in Ireland Dec 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Smyths are advising to order before 5pm today for home delivery due to a warning from AnPost

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/help-shipping-and-delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My daughter's birthday was last friday. Two birthday cards, that we know of, still haven't arrived.

I went up to collect some amazon parcels in the Dublin 7 collection centre on saturday.
    The guy was clearly stressed out, felt bad for him on his own. Turned out one of the items I had a slip for was actually delivered to a neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Have an amazon order delayed for two weeks now. Estimated arrival 3 January.
    Amazon say 3-5 days, yet I'll be waiting a month. Do I have any comeback?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I contacted Amazon this morning about my parcel that was supposed to be delivered on December 3rd, they have started the refund process but I have just got home and got a leaflet saying they tried to deliver but nobody was home. What happens now with regards the refund? I'd rather stop that process than having to return the parcel. I can't see an option on the order in Amazon to contact them again about it.

markc1184 wrote: »
    I contacted Amazon this morning about my parcel that was supposed to be delivered on December 3rd, they have started the refund process but I have just got home and got a leaflet saying they tried to deliver but nobody was home. What happens now with regards the refund? I'd rather stop that process than having to return the parcel. I can't see an option on the order in Amazon to contact them again about it.

Get onto Live Chat on their website and tell them. Regardless once it is delivered they are notified and if it isn't returned by a certain date they recharge you for it. I got a package last sat that was weeks late, they had already refunded it, they emailed to say if I don't return by Jan 4 they recharge me. They included a prepaid label for An Post. I´ll be returning as no longer any use to me but you can get them to either stop refund or to refund and recharge you. Live Chat on website is best option.

ross2010 wrote: »
    Get onto Live Chat on their website and tell them. Regardless once it is delivered they are notified and if it isn't returned by a certain date they recharge you for it. I got a package last sat that was weeks late, they had already refunded it, they emailed to say if I don't return by Jan 4 they recharge me. They included a prepaid label for An Post. I´ll be returning as no longer any use to me but you can get them to either stop refund or to refund and recharge you. Live Chat on website is best option.

Weird thing is I contacted them stating I would like to pay for an item that was initially refunded as being lost and they went ahead and charged me immediately for it. But it still shows as due for return in my account and didn't actually get an email about the payment, yet the transaction is showing as completed on my side.

Weird thing is I contacted them stating I would like to pay for an item that was initially refunded as being lost and they went ahead and charged me immediately for it. But it still shows as due for return in my account and didn't actually get an email about the payment, yet the transaction is showing as completed on my side.

That's tricky. Was that a while ago as I find it takes them a good few days to update everything. I´d do a Live Chat again and explain issue and see what they say, it obv needs resolving if they've charged you for it and yet expect it back. Should be easy enough to sort I´d imagine :rolleyes:

ross2010 wrote: »
    That's tricky. Was that a while ago as I find it takes them a good few days to update everything. I´d do a Live Chat again and explain issue and see what they say, it obv needs resolving if they've charged you for it and yet expect it back. Should be easy enough to sort I´d imagine :rolleyes:

It was yesterday, I even went to their live chat and was told by the support personal that he "updated" it on the system, but still nothing. One would imagine, the initial person who recharged me for it, would have done it.

It was yesterday, I even went to their live chat and was told by the support personal that he "updated" it on the system, but still nothing. One would imagine, the initial person who recharged me for it, would have done it.

I think it took 4 working days for my account to be updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Smyths are advising to order before 5pm today for home delivery due to a warning from AnPost

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/help-shipping-and-delivery

An Post put out a notice on the radio saying that today was the last day for parcel posting for Christmas followed by an advert for people to send parcels :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JMcGee

Discodog wrote: »
    An Post put out a notice on the radio saying that today was the last day for parcel posting for Christmas followed by an advert for people to send parcels :rolleyes:

They said "today was the last day" so it makes sense to keep airing it until the post office closes. I'm pretty sure the guy in the Dublin 7 collection centre will appreciate hearing the ad :)

Some of the depots are open till 9pm (Monday - Friday)so people can collect their parcels/packets as they're running out of storage space in the depots between stuff coming in at a rate of knots and ones that cant be delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Advertisement