Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

harr wrote: »
    Got similar last weekend...some random dude pulled up in a Ford Focus full of parcels and knocked on door Sunday morning. No tracking info at all from Amazon and he who delivered it hadn’t any paper work to sign. All he had was a list of numbers and addresses on a printed A4 sheet.

I know a chap with a courier route that he owns (franchised). He has two or three mates in their cars delivering as nixers at the moment, as he simply can't do it all himself.

I'd imagine this is common enough and helps alleviate the pressure that the franchise owners or small time self employed couriers would be facing this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Finally have an update, my packages arrived in Dublin. How likely will I get it delivered tomorrow or Saturday.

I wouldn't count on it, I have a package sitting in Dublin since last Sunday and still no movement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

NATLOR wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on it, I have a package sitting in Dublin since last Sunday and still no movement

Would normally get an update the day after to say it's in my local depot and out for delivery... But no it's still in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

If my parcel is late I'm sending it back. It's no good to me if it arrives late.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’ve noticed an post marking things delivered when they are not. I’ve sent in a complaint to them and got a letter saying they are investigating.
    I reckon they are marking them as delivered to meet their SLA with Amazon

I’ve no problem with a delay as they are all Christmas presents so have another 2 weeks to get here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

My Order is showing Shipped but got this message on amazon

I placed this Prime order on the 24th Nov

We're sorry your package is late
    We're working with the carrier to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.
    Please come back Thursday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.
    Was expected Wednesday, 5 December

Amazon consider this as lost and gave me a full refund.

ive a package i got the "will be delivered today" notification for this morning from amazon

been marked as in dublin since friday last

i don't care except for anpost system texting me incorrect info the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

Two more of my delayed packages arrived today. One from amazon and the other from a diff company. Both delivered by An Post but separately. The amazon one I wasn't expecting today as had received an email from amazon this morn saying it was delayed and will be delivered next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

My Order is showing Shipped but got this message on amazon

I placed this Prime order on the 24th Nov

We're sorry your package is late
    We're working with the carrier to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.
    Please come back Thursday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.
    Was expected Wednesday, 5 December

Amazon consider this as lost and gave me a full refund.

I have the exact same thing on mine for an item I ordered on 23rd November. I contacted Amazon and they only offered me a £5 voucher :rolleyes: What was the value on yours? Maybe the item value had something to do with it.

On another note, I had a different item that was only dispatched 2 days ago (non Prime) and I got it very early this morning (8:50am to be exact).

jamescd wrote: »
    I have the exact same thing on mine for an item I ordered on 23rd November. I contacted Amazon and they only offered me a £5 voucher :rolleyes: What was the value on yours? Maybe the item value had something to do with it.

On another note, I had a different item that was only dispatched 2 days ago (non Prime) and I got it very early this morning (8:50am to be exact).

The Value of mine was 20 pounds :)

I used Amazons Live Chat to contact them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

was a week waiting for an item to make it from a South Dublin depot to our home in Malahide

The Value of mine was 20 pounds :)

I used Amazons Live Chat to contact them

Mine is £70. Maybe that's why they won't consider it as lost yet and only offered me a voucher :( Told me to wait a few more days.

jamescd wrote: »
    Mine is £70. Maybe that's why they won't consider it as lost yet and only offered me a voucher :( Told me to wait a few more days.

Did you use the Live chat function?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Boom2018

I got in contact with Amazon by email last night about my 4 delayed orders. They apologised and gave me £10 credit and said to contact them in 24 hours if they’re still not here.

One is out for delivery, one is in the Dublin parcel hub since Monday and the other two haven’t even been scanned by An Post yet.

Did you use the Live chat function?

Yes, Live Chat. The woman went away for 5 minutes to contact An Post and came back with "I have contacted the carrier for you and requested them to deliver your parcel at earliest on high priority. Do not worry, You can expect the delivery very soon."

I mean, I don't even know if An Post really do have it as the tracking number doesn't work on the website.

Then she added a £5 voucher to my account as compensation for the delay. No mention of it being considered lost or anything and giving refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I got my parcel today from amazon without warning. It has been sitting with an post since Monday.

Never speak to amazon on the phone only live chat you get all your money back this way

Got my stuff and €70 back woo Hoo

Never speak to amazon on the phone only live chat you get all your money back this way

Got my stuff and €70 back woo Hoo

Depends on the agent I guess. As I said I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and the tracking number isn't even working on the An Post website. Got on the live chat and was only given a £5 voucher :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Complained about mine, got a refund and 5£ credit, to be honest I went to complain more so about the delays rather than a refund and mentioned this thread to them and recommend that they use another carrier as An Post are seriously backlogged and I won't be ordering any more from them until it clears. They should be using two or three carriers.

I would have expected alot more from An Post to be perfectly honest. It's not some small time operation it's the states postal service.

Royal Mail can get a package to Parcel Motel in NI, within one day FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

7 days after being shipped from Germany my package has hit Portlaoise. Wonder how long it will take to be delivered now.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    Complained about mine, got a refund and 5£ credit, to be honest I went to complain more so about the delays rather than a refund and mentioned this thread to them and recommend that they use another carrier as An Post are seriously backlogged and I won't be ordering any more from them until it clears. They should be using two or three carriers.

I would have expected alot more from An Post to be perfectly honest. It's not some small time operation it's the states postal service.

Royal Mail can get a package to Parcel Motel in NI, within one day FFS.

If Amazon used a company like Fastway I would close my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Deffo not just an Amazon problem, have had stuff posted locally and from the UK take an age to show up, UK company said An Post are experiencing delays in delivery

Just hope its not like the old days where the delivery guys will start "losing" packages just to clear them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Can Amazon reroute a package back to them after it's entered an posts system?

I queried a delivery meant to be made on Monday which hadn't turned up in tracking yet. They asked did I want a refund and I said I just wanted the package and we agreed I'd wait until it was a week overdue (so Monday) because of backlogs.

A couple of hours later I get an email that I've been given a refund I didn't ask for (and I'd used promotional credit so it was for <1 euro) and then a text from an post that the package had entered their system. I'm happy to pay them the miniscule amount I was refunded again when it shows up but I really don't want to have to go through the drama of trying to get them to refund promotional credit and get a new order in all before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My parcel of my naighbours laptop that I bought them has showed up after 14 days.

It was also signed for by the an post worker he brought it to my house and more then likely in the bin yet again.

While my mum and dad live in the sticks and no issues with the post service????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

7 days after being shipped from Germany my package has hit Portlaoise. Wonder how long it will take to be delivered now.

From past experience of stuff with DHL and then An Post from Germany I would be hopeful you get that on Monday, however it wouldn't surprise me if it took till Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Package delivered today from amazon that arrived yesterday with anpost (sent on tuesday) no complaints with that. Called anpost earlier about a package sent abroad and they have a pre recorded message about a 2 day delay in ireland with parcels at present. From next weekend they are delivering parcels on saturday and sunday but wouldnt be surprised if thats brought forward to this week to clear things up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If Amazon used a company like Fastway I would close my account.

They use Hermes in the UK who are atrocious. BBC Watchdog put an employee in there & he was told to put packages in the wheelie bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

They allready deliver parcels on saturday in Cork City!!!.

Today was the best an post signed for my naighbours laptop left it outside my house in the rain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Personally im having all my packages sent to parcel motel and everything has been on time or ahead of time so far. Suits me better too as theres never anyone at home to accept the package. Definitely an option to consider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

NATLOR wrote: »

Got a full refund from Amazon today as they reckon my parcel is lost

Advertisement