Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You are putting words in my mouth here. I never claimed SVP had any views on this case at all. In fact I claimed that this woman would have been helped yesterday if she notified the charities in the morning. Scamming or not.

I also never said that she wasn't homeless. I said that she could easily have gotten beds for her children last night if she asked earlier in the day. She wasn't tossed into the street yesterday

Now you are mixing up their official stance & their own personal view. Yes they take everything at face value and yes some people rip them off but at least they still get to help the ones who need it because they help everyone who asks.

However don't for a second think that they can't pick out the scammers a mile away. I've gone to do work on behalf of SVP and when I get there I know it's a scam. I still carry out the work required. Scam or not. That's nothing to do with it me. The genuine cases far outweigh the scams

Right I’ve worked with them too. And there are cases where I was almost certain there were exaggerations and lies, cases where I suspected there were, cases I believed were genuine and later turned out to be exaggeration and lies.

Just because you did some work with SVP doesn’t mean you’re some amazing scam detector. There are people volunteering for decades there who get it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

LLMMLL wrote: »
    What suggestions are you looking for?

What’s the LON thread got to do with anything?

Bizarre post.

Well every single post if yours in no matter what thread you’re on, is arguing with people and saying their opinion is wrong. Yet you never once out across an alternative solution.
    I’m guessing you’re one of these people that take offense at every little slight and think they’re saving the planet while doing so. You do the same on the Louise o’neill Thread, the trans thread, the metoo thread etc.
    You’re a complainer not a doer.
    You seem unable to offer alternatives is my point. Which is a serious lack of debating skills

markodaly wrote: »
    You didn't answer my question, what are the facts of the case and where did they stay the night before?

How are we supposed to know that?

But just because we don’t know the full facts of the case doesn’t mean we can decide we can guess and that it’s a scam.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Come off it, nowhere did I claim this was a hoax. The woman who posted this picture has had people who know her discredit her though, which I'd put more weight on than anything else.

Proof? Also what about the other 7 families?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

DONTMATTER wrote:
    Proof?

You will have to wait a few days or weeks for that. Almost every poster child for homeless has been fake and they hurt the cause. Sleeping outside the dcc office in a tent isn't the way to skip the other people on the list. They are usually so stupid that they leave the Disney photos on Facebook.

I'm genuinely supprised at the amount of people who do not care about the homeless people above her on the list that she is trying to skip.

I feel for all homeless people not just the ones who stage a photo shoot

• Advertisement

People are just making up stuff with no proof, all to have a go at those unfortunate to be dependant on social welfare. Oh they're all just looking for free houses and getting more benefits rabble rabble rabble.

Blazer wrote: »
    Well every single post if yours in no matter what thread you’re on, is arguing with people and saying their opinion is wrong. Yet you never once out across an alternative solution.
    I’m guessing you’re one of these people that take offense at every little slight and think they’re saving the planet while doing so. You do the same on the Louise o’neill Thread, the trans thread, the metoo thread etc.
    You’re a complainer not a doer.
    You seem unable to offer alternatives is my point. Which is a serious lack of debating skills

This is a thread claiming that an individual is taking part in a hoax. Again what solutions are you looking for?

What solutions would be relevant in the LON thread? What’s the problem you’re looking for a solution to there?

Also you’re claiming you’re a doer? Have you done anything to set up your right wing party? Please tell us all you’ve DONE to make his dream a reality.

You will have to wait a few days or weeks for that. Almost every poster child for homeless has been fake and they hurt the cause. Sleeping outside the dcc office in a tent isn't the way to skip the other people on the list. They are usually so stupid that they leave the Disney photos on Facebook.

I'm genuinely supprised at the amount of people who do not care about the homeless people above her on the list that she is trying to skip.

So you have no proof and are just making assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Proof? Also what about the other 7 families?

What's with the sudden upsurge on the same week this happened :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057899507

?

gctest50 wrote: »
    What's with the sudden upsurge on the same week this happened :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057899507

?

How do you know there's an upsurge? This could be a regular thing.

• Advertisement

You have no idea why she ended up presenting to that garda station last night. Stop pretending you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Maybe it wasn't a photoshoot and

The question is where are the 7 other families during the photoshoot ,

Tallaght Garda station is quite small

Gatling wrote: »

Maybe you should read the statement again?

"Alongside that, there were eight other families that were referred to Garda Stations because of a lack of accommodation."

They didn’t all go to the same station.....

Maybe you should read the statement

Read the statement now answer the question

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

How do you know there's an upsurge? This could be a regular thing.

What ? the baby farming they'd be at ?

Have more than X amount and you can't be asked to work and free house and allowance

It'll be fun here in ~25 years time when they all have 7 each

be like kittens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Not true, you need to inform yourself on this matter.

Read the garda statement again. You are wrong.

where in the garda statement does it say this was not a scam?

You missed part of my post, here it is again:
    Maybe you should read the statement again?

"Alongside that, there were eight other families that were referred to Garda Stations because of a lack of accommodation."

Also there were 47-48 families presenting to Garda stations each month in June and July.

ALL SCAMMERS. ALL TRYING TO SKIP THE QUEUE. I READ IT ON FACEBOOK.

gctest50 wrote: »
    What ? the baby farming they'd be at ?

Have more than X amount and you can't be asked to work and free house and allowance

It'll be fun here in ~25 years time when they all have 7 each

be like kittens

Ok.

• Advertisement

where in the garda statement does it say this was not a scam?

Where does it say it was a scam?

They. Don’t. All. Go. To. The. Same. Station.

One family being questioned ,
    And rightly so

6 years on the housing list in 2015

3 years later the same homeless family are now 11+ years on the housing list

Do the math

And rightly so

Do the math

At least you now realise your error about the other 8 families. It's not all a scam, some families are really struggling out there. Let's offer them our support.

And rightly so

Do the math

I know. The housing list is for people who already have homes. Anyone on the list couldn’t be homeless. SCAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

What’s your solution to this “problem” and how would it affect the children that they have?

Why did you put flying commas around the word "problem"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

And rightly so

Do the math
    Isn't it they should be doing the math if they think 6 + 3 = 11. Although the +2 children is where they might be going wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

This is a thread claiming that an individual is taking part in a hoax. Again what solutions are you looking for?

What solutions would be relevant in the LON thread? What’s the problem you’re looking for a solution to there?

Also you’re claiming you’re a doer? Have you done anything to set up your right wing party? Please tell us all you’ve DONE to make his dream a reality.

Point proven!! Thanks very much.
    The fact you can’t even offer a simple alternative is proof you’re nowhere as clever as you might think you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

At least you now realise your error about the other 8 families. It's not all a scam, some families are really struggling out there. Let's offer them our support.

I'm not entirely sure that poster is arguing we should ignore all families. If he is I take back everything.

But I don't think this particular family should be used as a poster child for the crisis. The bigger this gets the more it'll be trotted out in debates as examples of "dole scroungers" or whatever phrase we're using these days.

I find it abhorrent that this mother would put 7 children in a situation like this. I've worked on council estates, those poor kids are going to have a **** upbringing and this woman plastering their faces all over social media is doing them no favours

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Gardaí have confirmed a homeless family of seven took shelter in one of their Dublin stations last night.

Gardaí said in a statement: "A young mother and her six children (aged from 11 years to 1 year) presented at Tallaght GS during the night as they had nowhere to go.

"Members of An Garda Síochána tried all the emergency lines in relation to homeless shelter and no accommodation was located, a number of local hotels were also phoned.

"The family were cared for during the night by the members working and received a hot breakfast this morning in Tallaght GS. The family have now left the Garda station and are on the way to South Dublin Co-Council, Housing Department."

Mr Flynn said: "Well the mother of the family last night posted the picture herself from Tallaght Garda Station of herself and her family of seven that were actually referred to Tallaght Garda Station last night.

So are the 8 other families scammers too? It's time some people faced reality and looked at the real struggles for many. There's a huge homeless crisis, it's real.

wonder if i rocked up to a cop shop in the city tonight and told them i was homeless and took pictures of my family and posted them on the internet saying it was the states fault would i get a fry up the next morning?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement