Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    She and her poor kids need help. Instead of hoping for that, many here are shouting about punishing her.

The gardaí have released a statement, this was not a set up.

I read the Gardai statement this morning. Nowhere does it say that it wasn't a scam. All they know is that a mother & children presented themselves to the station.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Can you prove any of the above? Otherwise it would be safe to assume it's nothing more than gossip.

Do you really believe that if her landlord illegally put her & her children & her missing partner out on the streets yesterday that she wouldn't have put this in her facebook post along with the photo???

Do you honestly believe that she wouldn't call the Gardai if her landlord tried to put her out without notice???

I 100 percent support homeless people but I hate scammers & cheaters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Sleeper12 wrote:
    Do you really believe that if her landlord illegally put her & her children & her missing partner out on the streets yesterday that she wouldn't have put this in her facebook post along with the photo???

Not what I asked you. You made some claims about the woman which are to make others believe you have detailed knowledge of her situation. I'm just asking you to back it up with fact. So far you have failed to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Yes. She posted photos of her children in a Garda station last night. She is greedy, selfish &  non compassionate to people ahead of her in the queue

It's easy to fall into the trap of feeling sorry for her. I do myself. I'd love her to be housed but I feel more sorry for the people she is trying to cheat out of their place on the housing list.

She and her poor kids need help. Instead of hoping for that, many here are shouting about punishing her.

The gardaí have released a statement, this was not a set up.
    I don't get what it is about the Garda statement of the woman being there with her children makes her a genuine case? Nobody's disputing that what the Gardai said about her being there is untrue, people are questioning her necessity for being there. Your argument is a man made of straw :getlost:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Gatling wrote: »
    Explain the 70 million owned to local authorities for unpaid rents and arrears

Like I said, it would be 0 if they were free houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Can you prove any of the above? Otherwise it would be safe to assume it's nothing more than gossip.

Even a solicitor intern could prevent eviction if the publicity seeking woman had not been served eviction notice properly

She had EIGHT MONTHS to locate a new house, but she probably wanted a 5 bed house in a very specific location and felt she had ENTITLEMENT to same.

With unemployment at under 5%, she or her husband should be working and earning. But the chances are they are lazy unemployed chancers trying every scam possible to lead a taxpayer funded lazy lifestyle.

Zero and I mean absolutely ZERO pity for stunt players like this.

Silly season media manipulation - funny how a similar media manipulation story appeared tye the same time last year and the truth was far from the rubbish spouted in the media

Edit - they're travellers and she wants a four bed house or nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Lux23 wrote: »

What the f**k does it matter if they're wearing school uniforms? Kids shouldn't be sleeping in a Garda station at any time, wearing anything.

This is what is wrong with public discourse this day, people pick tiny little holes and then refuse to look at the bigger picture which is a homelessness and housing crisis which is now endemic and getting worse. The school uniforms don't matter a jot!!!

Actually, the "big picture" here is societal tolerance of irresponsible shagging/feckless breeding - because that is the root cause of six unfortunate kids having to sleep in a Garda Station.

Then again, why should any woman who enjoys a good shag care about the consequences when there are loads of people to throw welfare at her and tell her that she's a victim.

She isn't the victim here - her fatherless kids are.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

No such thing as a free house and like I've already asked, are you calling the Gardaí liars?

No the Gardai always tell the truth like all the time.

correct, no such thing as a free house, someone has to pay for it and in this case its the tax payer

am i calling the gardai liars? how would they know if it was orchestrated or not? of course it was orchestrated, what sort of a woman brings her kids into a cop shop tells them to lie down on the chairs and takes pictures of them and posts them online so she can skip the housing list, disgrace

Not true, you need to inform yourself on this matter.

Read the garda statement again. You are wrong.

CeilingFly wrote:
    but she probably wanted a 5 bed house in a very specific location and felt she had ENTITLEMENT to same.

More baseless assumption b.s..

I read the Gardai statement this morning. Nowhere does it say that it wasn't a scam. All they know is that a mother & children presented themselves to the station.

Do you honestly believe that she wouldn't call the Gardai if her landlord tried to put her out without notice???

I 100 percent support homeless people but I hate scammers & cheaters

Read what they also said.

• Advertisement

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I don't get what it is about the Garda statement of the woman being there with her children makes her a genuine case? Nobody's disputing that what the Gardai said about her being there is untrue, people are questioning her necessity for being there. Your argument is a man made of straw :getlost:

It proves it wasn't a set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

This kinds of rubbish does make me sick.

6 kids, no father to be seen at all. Sleeping in a guarda station in Dublin, when no doubt if a house was offered down the country it wouldn't do because the spunk dumpster (mother) wants to be near family, the same family that are no where to help now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Whatever about the optics, folks, many of us could end up homeless through no cause of our own and some of us have kids.I don't know the full story with that woman and neither do we.

They're children at the end of the day, and didn't ask to be in that situation.

I'd be the first to rip the piss out of some of the more far shore notions of the left commentariat these days but there's an awful lot of hard hearted people on this forum these days.

Indeed.

The vague “personal responsibility” mantra that the hard hearted on this thread are spouting just leads to more hardship for a bunch of kids.

When I hear stories like this discussed among non-boards people it’s always focussed on the kids. On boards it’s completely focussed on the mother and father and punishing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

how?

as stated by others she would have had lots of time to get sorted, no need to rock up to the garda station.

how about you prove it was not a set up?

the evidence shows she is a scam artist.

prove she is not instead of blindly supporting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Is that the new thing

I don't want to allow a discussion I'll keep saying it's gossip and hearsay

Do we get to say objection at any time

I 100 percent support homeless people

No you dont

She set it up, doesn't mean that the Gardai were aware that she set it up.

Gatling wrote:
    I don't want to allow a discussion I'll keep saying it's gossip and hearsay

Discussion I have no problem with but making up stuff and trying to attribute to someone else is ridiculous.

How is the mother in this case an unfit mother? I would suggest she was rather more unfortunate than unfit, but she’s doing something as opposed to doing nothing or relying solely on social services for assistance. Social services may well be involved, but having worked in the homeless services sector I’m sure you’re no doubt aware of how under-resourced they are that they simply don’t have the resources to investigate every single case that is reported to them, let alone have they the means to do anything about it. That’s exactly why families like the mother and her children in this case are forced to report to Garda stations seeking accommodation for the night. The Gardai in these situations can’t do a whole lot other than contact homeless services on their behalf.

Jesus, that on it’s own is a fairly spiteful and ignorant thing to be saying. It’s not in the least bit surprising though as I’ve heard it many times, even from people who work in homeless services. Their attitude stinks, I don’t know you so I’m not going to judge you as a person on the basis of one stupid, ill-informed comment.

Her actions are the actions of someone in a desperate situation. That she doesn’t fit your narrative of people who are homeless isn’t surprising. I’ve experienced what is thankfully only a handful of people working in homeless services with the same attitude towards the people they claim to want to help, and it always turns out that the help they offer is predicated on people meeting their perceived notions of what people who are homeless should be and should and shouldn’t be doing. It isn’t at all based upon simply helping someone because they need help and support. It’s more about passing judgment and them deciding who is and isn’t worthy of their help.

“The right thing to do”, when they’re homeless, is to do anything which means the mother and her children in this case aren’t homeless. “Waiting her turn” would mean she and her children would continue to be homeless and continue to be subjected to judgement and stinking attitudes from people who claim they aren’t “worthy” of their help. People who find themselves experiencing homelessness are better advocating for themselves rather than depending on people who appear to be only interested in passing judgement upon them for help. That’s not helping anyone only the person passing judgement, enabling them to stroke their own egos.

I get it she is homeless. I feel sorry for that & I feel sorry for all homeless people. I don't need a lecture on homeless people I seen it first hand..

I'm not saying homeless people shouldn't be housed & I fight for homeless people. Just because I call out a scam artist doesn't mean I don't support homeless people. In fact I call her out because she is hurting the homeless cause with her nonsense.

Do you only feel sorry for her or all homeless people??

Do you not feel sorry for the homeless people ahead of her on the list that she is trying to cheat out of their place??

I have no time for attention seekers setting up photo shoots in Garda stations, camping outside DCC offices etc trying to STEAL someone elses place on the list. There are rules & everyone needs to play by the rules

John if you refuse to get it there is nothing I can do about it.

soups05 wrote: »
    how?

as stated by others she would have had lots of time to get sorted, no need to rock up to the garda station.

how about you prove it was not a set up?

the evidence shows she is a scam artist.

prove she is not instead of blindly supporting her.

Where's the evidence that she's a scam artist? I can't prove a negative, you have no proof!

• Advertisement

LLMMLL wrote: »
    No you dont

I have worked with homeless people & have worked with SVP. I know more about it than you think.

Set what up?

Set what up?
    An hysterical Facebook photo op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

So her quote of "needing 4 bedrooms" is baseless assumption?????

She gets unemployment benefits, her husband gets unemployment benefits, she gets €840 a month in child benefits, ahe gets hap benefits

Take take take take take

And gives fuk all back to society

ZERO pity for her

There are shocking comments about this "mother" because she set the whole thing up. If she presented herself as homeless yesterday morning she would have had beds for her children last night. I'm as certain of that as I am certain that she WILL have beds for her children tonight. She deliberately left it too late yesterday evening when she presented herself as homeless

Let me explain

She lived in the same place for 11 years. She didn't wake up yesterday to find the landlord changing the locks. She had notice in writing. She had MONTHS to prepare for this.

Had she gone to Peter McVerry yesterday morning he would have found her somewhere. DCC would have found her a hostel if she didn't leave it till yesterday evening

There are some VERY genuine cases on the homeless / housing list & this woman thinks it's ok to exploit her children to try cheat someone following all the rules looking for housing. It's the bottom of the list is where she belongs. What she is trying to do is not fair on the people on the housing list ahead of her

You have zero idea what happened.

She could have lined up to stay with a friend and it fell through at the last minute.

Has there ever been an event in your life where people made assumptions about what happened and were wrong?

An hysterical Facebook photo op

Proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

the proof is that, as stated, she would have had lots of notice before eviction.

so why wait till last night? why not make arrangements for housing before having to go to a garda station?

that is the evidence that she is a scam artist.

prove she is not by showing how she could end up at a garda station with 6 kids, no hubby. where are her belongings? the kids clothes etc? where are her family and friends, why do they not help?

soups05 wrote: »
    the proof is that, as stated, she would have had lots of notice before eviction.

so why wait till last night? why not make arrangements for housing before having to go to a garda station?

that is the evidence that she is a scam artist.

prove she is not by showing how she could end up at a garda station with 6 kids, no hubby. where are her belongings? the kids clothes etc? where are her family and friends, why do they not help?

You're just making assumptions! That's not proof at all.

Has anyone seen that UK based show "Can't Pay We'll Take It Away"?

Case on it the other week - mother had not paid the small contribution to rent for some time, nearly #6,000GBP built up. How long would that take to amasss when you're only paying a few quid a week ?

Contact after contact after contact - visits - County Court actions, nothing - ultimately went for eviction via the High Court bailiffs.

Her whining was "you've given us an hour to get out". How ridiculous! No one gets to live n someone else's property for free. Or they shouldn't!

Place was left like a midden afterwards. And yet there are some on here who condemn landlords.

Right so because there is a tv show that reported on a situation where a landlord got shafted, then people shouldn’t complain about landlords?

• Advertisement

CeilingFly wrote:
    So her quote of "needing 4 bedrooms" is baseless assumption?????

Nope, but the part you 'edited out' by way of revision of your comment was baseless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement