Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Blazer wrote: »
    Point proven!! Thanks very much.
    The fact you can’t even offer a simple alternative is proof you’re nowhere as clever as you might think you are.

Alternative to what? Lol you can’t even specify that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    People are just making up stuff with no proof, all to have a go at those unfortunate to be dependant on social welfare. Oh they're all just looking for free houses and getting more benefits rabble rabble rabble.

Whereas you believe that irresponsible serial breeding by adults who have no intention of or any ability to provide for their kids is the kind of cottage industry that should be supported enthusiastically by the Irish taxpayer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

soups05 wrote: »
    the solution is a simple one. a pregnancy lasts for 9 months, so lets set a limit at 1 year.

announce now that from next august the benefits will change. cap the limit at two kids ( thats what the average worker can afford) and after that your on your own.

ie you get the benefits for child one and two but no more after that. the current families would be exempt as they made the choice to have kids under the current rules.

no one, ever, will be offered a four bedroom house. you want one, buy your own. if you have 19 kids and counting then fit them all in 3 bedrooms.

This will not solve the current crisis but will break the endless cycle of single mum, multiple kids, who then grow up into single mums with multiple kids.

Let's see how many would be having 6/7/8 kids after that law comes in.

the new abortion laws would be in full swing then

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's scammers like her get all homeless a bad name.

You yourself haven’t done people who are homeless any favours by using what you speculate about this woman’s circumstances as the basis for starting a thread just to criticise her, thereby reinforcing the stereotypes of people who are homeless as scammers and people who just want to game the system, pop out kids with gay abandon and then claim a free gaff.

What usually happens is she becomes the poster child for the cause. Then in coming days or weeks it turns out that she turned down two houses because they weren't next door to her mother. You'll find that her Facebook account dissappears because she might have photos of her family holiday in Disneyland.

What usually happens is that “Inspector Clueless” types go sniffing for any shred of evidence to back up their already held perceptions about people. Social media just makes their work that much easier. If I were to judge people I know solely based upon what I could glean from social media, I couldn’t claim to know them at all. They’re completely different people online. Some of them even claim to be living the high life when I know in reality they haven’t a pot to piss in.

As for poster children, well I can tell you that having worked in homeless services myself, I was asked by one charity organisation to be the poster child of their campaign, I told them no for two reasons - I didn’t want to be associated with the inevitable negative publicity and intrusion into my private life, and I would be lying if I were to present myself to the public as someone whom they had offered any assistance. There were plenty of people who are homeless and they could have their pick of the bunch. Those people though wouldn’t have presented the kind of narrative the organisation was hoping to portray about itself. I left the organisation when it became clear they were more concerned about funding and feathering their own nest, than actually providing any sort of assistance to people whom they claimed they were helping.

Point being - you have your own preconceived ideas about people who are experiencing homelessness, and rather than actually helping them, you’re more concerned with helping only those people who make you look better. That’s easily done. What’s much harder is actually helping people who are often a real pain in the tits. They’re still people who need help, not judgement.

Exploiting your children isn't the way to highlight the cause.

She isn’t exploiting her children, she’s highlighting the fact that she and her children are homeless, and using any means at her disposal to do so. I do get why that’s annoying for some people who claim she should have come to them first for help, but I wouldn’t recommend anyone approach some people working in homeless services because all they’ll get is patronising judgement, shìtty attitudes, and being told they aren’t helping themselves by not adhering to that persons perception of how people experiencing homelessness should conduct themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

Why did the lady in question not ask her parents for a hand out to buy herself a house? Isn't this how the so called leader of our country reckons we get mortgages to buy houses?

• Advertisement

Turnipman wrote: »
    Why did you put flying commas around the word "problem"?

I’ll take it that you don’t have a solution then.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I know. The housing list is for people who already have homes. Anyone on the list couldn’t be homeless. SCAM.

Tell that to the homeless people who were featured living In Apollo house 15 months ago, who actually had their own council homes but yet turned up at Apollo house Claiming homeless ( the biggest homeless scam ever)

Also are you claiming 90+000 are homeless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

I’ll take it that you don’t have a solution then.

And I'll take it that you are unable to construct an intelligent reply to my simple question.

Gatling wrote: »
    Tell that to the homeless people who were featured living In Apollo house 15 months who actually had their own council homes but yet turned up at Apollo house ( the biggest homeless scam ever)

I have no idea what information you’re referring to here but what has it got to do with the link between being on the housing list and being homeless?

Are some people not getting sleepers point, really?

Let’s take it at face value that she was evicted yesterday and had nowhere to go.

Do posters honestly believe that herself (and her husband) would not have known months in advance that the day of eviction would happen? Why were they not engaging with the relevant agencies to either a) get some payment plan in place to clear the arrears, b) if a payment plan was not accepted, have alternate housing arrangements in place (even emergency accommodation) that started last night.

I’ve no doubt that there are many homeless agencies who would have advised and assisted these parents. So where is their parental responsibility in ensuring that their kids didn’t end up sleeping the night on hard seats in a Garda station.

Sorry, don’t blame everyone else for your **** ups and don’t use your kids as a photo opportunity.

well said, if people think this was a genuine case then they are morons and suckers, are you trying to tell me that between the mother and at least one father of the kids, possibly multiple fathers, that between the whole lot of them there wasnt one other family member, a mother a father, a brother a sister a cousin a grandparent etc. that could have taken them in for the night? and the cheek to rock up at a cop shop and take photos of the kids having a go at the state? what about the dead beat father(s) what about getting a job and a stable environment for the kids? these kids should be taken off this woman and she should be made get a job and the father(s) the same and they get this kids back when they are responsible enough to look after them

• Advertisement

I have no idea what information you’re referring

Typical

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yer wan must have a great job

Not too many couples in this day and age could afford to plan for 6 kids

Never mind a single person on their own

I do feel for the kids though... It's no existence for them.

Used as pawns for children's allowance and now in a quite blatant stunt for a free gaff

Turnipman wrote: »
    And I'll take it that you are unable to construct an intelligent reply to my simple question.

Ok so if I reply to your whataboutery question you’ll Tell me your solutione? Great.

I put the word problem in quotes because it’s a problem in your view. Not a generally accepted problem such as the homeless problem is.

Now are you going to tell me your solution to your perceived problem of “feckless breeding” and how your solution affects children of parents who engage in “feckless breeding”?

Somehow I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

lawred2 wrote: »
    I do feel for the kids though... It's no existence for them.

Used as pawns for children's allowance and now in a quite blatant stunt for a free gaff

No, you don't give a crap about them. Stop lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lux23 wrote: »
    No, you don't give a crap about them. Stop lying.

oh ok then :rolleyes:

how about you wind your neck in a bit

Typical

Wouldn’t it make more sense to provide a link? Surely you can back up what you’re saying? Or is it something from Facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I'm from Leopardstown originally. Circumstances dictate I had to buy (yes buy) a house in Lucan as it's cheaper. Nice house, nice area but it's not home for me.
    If I go to police station tonight and lie there like a waster and bring my kids and subject them to an embarrassing and uncomfortable night will I be housed in leopardstown near the mammys house?
    I will in me hole.

This woman is scum. Her Facebook page is back up by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

Just have a look at her Facebook. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anyone have a link to her FB?

Edit found it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Alternative to what? Lol you can’t even specify that.

never mind..you're on the ignore list.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

Deleted her page early this morning after Being questioned about what happened to her hap house

The Nal wrote: »

Edit found it

Apparently she works at "being a full time mad bastard" unfortunately it mustn't pay very well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

posy2010 wrote: »
    Just have a look at her Facebook. Enough said.

I normally wait to comment on these cases before I see the full facts. This is now out and about being shared from this woman's own facebook page so public for all to see.
    I would be disgusted if any more public money was spent on this particular woman. She seems to have a huge network of friends and family who can look after her but they are waiting for state handouts instead.

There are people sleeping rough all over the city and people like this scammer need to come after the real needy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Apparently she works at "being a full time mad bastard" unfortunately it mustn't pay very well

Shes bought cases of booze and crystal vases in the last few weeks. And did sunbeds. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Deleted her page early this morning after Being questioned about what happened to her hap house

It's back up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

What’s her name?

Once again there is no balance, the government just get slated but the full facts are never reported by our left wing media.

Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

I'm not sure doxxing would be allowed here and there would be a liability.

That said her name has already been published in the papers so who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

BadBannana wrote: »
    I'm not sure doxxing would be allowed here and there would be a liability.

That said her name has already been published in the papers so who knows

Can’t see it in any of the links

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Can’t see it in any of the links

100% the irish times had it up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Margaret Elizabeth Cash

Yes, Cash😉

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement