Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

1/10

I have compassion for people deserving of it.

I have absolutely zero for him.

He got off lightly with a bullet in the head.

I'm sure many who attended will later regret that decision.

Good luck

And the people were more than likely there to show compassion to his wife and kids. Not him. You're trolling at this stage on a thread about the poor girl. You are showing more disrespect for her than anyone attending

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

1/10

I have compassion for people deserving of it.

I have absolutely zero for him.

He got off lightly with a bullet in the head.

I'm sure many who attended will later regret that decision.

Good luck

And the people were more than likely there to show compassion to his wife and kids. Not him. You're trolling at this stage on a thread about the poor girl. You are showing more disrespect for her than anyone attending

What are you going on about you muppet!!?

Read the thread before posting your bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Calling me a Muppet really shows your maturity.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Has anyone had friends/colleagues attend a removal or funeral for a family member ? To show their support for you , to let you know they're there even if they didn't know the deceased that well ?

Why shouldn't MH's family be entitled to the same respect and comfort from others ?
    They done nothing wrong but are the ones who will have to bear the burden of his dispicable actions for the rest of their lives .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Read the GSOC statement before posting your own bull****, he wasn’t shot in the head...you clearly haven’t a breeze what you are talking about.

• Advertisement

sightband wrote: »

Read the GSOC statement before posting your own bull****, he wasn’t shot in the head...you clearly haven’t a breeze what you are talking about.

How exactly is that relevant? I don't live in Ireland full time so missed the clarification on his death.

It's like an eternal students union debate around here. God Save Ireland!

sightband wrote: »

How exactly is that relevant? I don't live in Ireland full time so missed the clarification on his death.

It's like an eternal students union debate around here. God Save Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Why? They didn't kill anyone... Their dad was the psycho, but he's gone now!

They don't have to live in that shadow... I'm sure it's possible for them to move on with their lives and be happy. If you are suggesting that they will/should walk around feeling guilty for the rest of their lives... I disagree!

Would love to hear how his wife and kids can "move on" from such a tradgedy.

Im not suggesting what they should do. Others seem more adept at that.
    Maybe they wont give a sh1t , maybe they will be able to park it, and be happy, and not think about a man whom they presumably loved and called dad, turning into a monster, and not worry it might happen to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Conservative, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The Valdez and Hennessy families met on Friday to exchange sympathies with each other. We can all learn a lesson from the strength and dignity of these two families.

http://www.thejournal.ie/hennessy-valdez-families-4039475-May2018/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Sunday Indo reported today that it is believed the murderer killed Jastine within a few short minutes (from piecing together reported sightings). Makes you wonder if the motive was even sexual : he may simply have been driving around the area in a manic state looking for someone to kill and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Strazdas wrote: »
    Sunday Indo reported today that it is believed the murderer killed Jastine within a few short minutes (from piecing together reported sightings). Makes you wonder if the motive was even sexual : he may simply have been driving around the area in a manic state looking for someone to kill and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don’t know if we will ever know. Unfortunately the two people who might be able to give us an insight are both dead. I am in no way bashing the Gardaí with that statement though. Shooting Mh in the circumstances was the correct thing to do.

I do have sympathy for MH’s family. Losing a child in any circumstances is horrendous. All of their memories will be forever tainted with what he did. He has brought notoreity on the family and they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Some very odd posts on this thread.

I have huge sympathy for the Valez family and as I was driving Aron d

?

Do the Gardaí believe that this was the only time that MH did something like this?
    I read something similar a day or so back while I was working and I meant to save the article but can not find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Suckit wrote: »
    ?

Do the Gardaí believe that this was the only time that MH did something like this?
    I read something similar a day or so back while I was working and I meant to save the article but can not find it now.

I not seen any reports one way or the other as to what aspects of his former life AGS might be looking at. It was widely reported that his DNA profile would be run against open unsolved cases, where DNA samples from perpetrators exist. Unfortunately, where women were abducted and/or disappeared without a trace, by definition no crime scene would have been found and perpetrator DNA would not have been collected..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Strazdas wrote:

It has been reported she was banging on the windows trying to attract the attention of passers-by so he may have been unable to subdue her, initially. Gardai were of the opinion, at the beginning, that his motivation was sexual although there have been no statements made regarding this particular aspect since the post mortem and her subsequent funeral. Hennessy may have been a paedophile. Jastine was a petite lady who looked younger than her age and could have appeared to be a young girl in her early teens.

chicorytip wrote: »
    It has been reported she was banging on the windows trying to attract the attention of passers-by so he may have been unable to subdue her, initially. Gardai were of the opinion, at the beginning, that his motivation was sexual although there have been no statements made regarding this particular aspect since the post mortem and her subsequent funeral. Hennessy may have been a paedophile. Jastine was a petite lady who looked younger than her age and could have appeared to be a young girl in her early teens.

He seems to have been acting very erratically that day, both before and after the murder. There may well have been a sexual element in his targeting of a young girl but people have overlooked that he might simply have been in a manic state and wanted the 'thrill' of killing a girl, this was the main part of it for him. He was possibly high on drugs too (I'm not blaming the drugs for one moment though : they wouldn't turn him into a cold blooded killer, but they might make an already disturbed / unstable person even more unstable and erratic).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I not seen any reports one way or the other as to what aspects of his former life AGS might be looking at. It was widely reported that his DNA profile would be run against open unsolved cases, where DNA samples from perpetrators exist. Unfortunately, where women were abducted and/or disappeared without a trace, by definition no crime scene would have been found and perpetrator DNA would not have been collected..
    I must have misread.

They are still examining his phone(s) and hers for any contact or any links, but they suspect it was random. If they attack does appear to be random, then the Gardaí may examine Hennessyin relation to other unsolved attacks or missing persons cases.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/gardai-fear-jastine-was-random-victim-murder-probe-as-body-set-to-be-identified-470976.html

Yu Xin Li would surely be one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Suckit wrote: »
    I must have misread.

They are still examining his phone(s) and hers for any contact or any links, but they suspect it was random. If they attack does appear to be random, then the Gardaí may examine Hennessyin relation to other unsolved attacks or missing persons cases.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/gardai-fear-jastine-was-random-victim-murder-probe-as-body-set-to-be-identified-470976.html

Yu Xin Li would surely be one of those.

Oh God! I hadn't heard about that poor girl.. I'm sure they'll check, to the extent that is possible,given the apparent lack of info on her last known location. Again though, if a crime scene hasnkt been found, there won't be DNA evidence from that, so 8ther evidentiary approaches will be needed. I don't envy the trawl AGS is going to have to do to see if there was any possible point of contact between MH and possible victims.

The Valdez and Hennessy families have met :

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0528/966481-valdezhennessy-familes/

Very few details (which is probably only proper given that both families are grieving) but all the national newspapers and media outlets are running with the same story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

There was an interesting half hour discussion on Jastine on Marian Finucane this morning. What I didn't realise was just how unusual an event this was. They had an expert on this subject in studio and she said it's extremely rare for a woman in Ireland to be murdered by a complete stranger. The only two cases in recent memory were a Romanian girl in 2012 and the Swiss student Manuela Riedo about ten years' ago.

It does tell us just just how unbelievably unlucky poor Jastine was. The odds of her being abducted by a random maniac and murdered in a given year in Ireland would have been many millions to one.

You believe that? Why? Because no bodies were found in other cases of missing women?

• Advertisement

There was an interesting half hour discussion on Jastine on Marian Finucane this morning. What I didn't realise was just how unusual an event this was. They had an expert on this subject in studio and she said it's extremely rare for a woman in Ireland to be murdered by a complete stranger. The only two cases in recent memory were a Romanian girl in 2012 and the Swiss student Manuela Riedo about ten years' ago.

It does tell us just just how unbelievably unlucky poor Jastine was. The odds of her being abducted by a random maniac and murdered in a given year in Ireland would have been many millions to one.

You believe that? Why? Because no bodies were found in other cases of missing women?

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2620758/missing-woman-mark-hennessy-home-murdered/

maninasia wrote: »

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2620758/missing-woman-mark-hennessy-home-murdered/

You're talking about the various missing persons cases? Well, there have been very few of those for the last ten years or so. Most of the well known ones happened back in the 1990s (clearly there was something extremely unpleasant and sinister going on back then with so many women vanishing).

You stated there were only two murders of abducted women but that is only because their bodies were found . So there are more than that.

Not saying it's common but it's also quite likely more than two.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Valdez and Hennessy families have met :

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0528/966481-valdezhennessy-familes/

Very few details (which is probably only proper given that both families are grieving) but all the national newspapers and media outlets are running with the same story.

That made me cry , we can all learn from these dignified and kind families .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

chicorytip wrote: »

I think it's most likely he thought it would be easier and wasn't expecting her to put up a fight. So if he did do it before it probably went much easier and Jastine's fight took him be surprise. I think it's more likely he hasn't done it before and underestimated how hard someone will fight for their life.

I remember a video shown to me before. He gave a simple direction to women. If you are ever attacked by someone do everything in your power to stop him moving you to a second location because it's more likely than not he'll kill you.

I can only find an Oprah link for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

That is just so beautiful what the families did for eachother. It shows such strength from the Valdez family and I would say their sign of kindness to the Hennessy family will go a great way to lessening their burden of guilt, of course they shouldnt feel guilt but Id say its only natural to feel some how responsible in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

I think it's most likely he thought it would be easier and wasn't expecting her to put up a fight. So if he did do it before it probably went much easier and Jastine's fight took him be surprise. I think it's more likely he hasn't done it before and underestimated how hard someone will fight for their life.

I remember a video shown to me before. He gave a simple direction to women. If you are ever attacked by someone do everything in your power to stop him moving you to a second location because it's more likely than not he'll kill you.

I can only find an Oprah link for it

that's some 'great' advice, I think it's instinctively clear to anybody, you don't follow an attacker easily. but what can you do if he's stronger than you, punches you in the face and shoves you in a car??

but relating to this there was always one question in my head and probably the car enthusiasts here can answer it easily: I was wondering, does this Nissan Quashquai have a boot which is seperated from the rest of the car, means he put her in the boot and she was in a confined room? Because if not, I wonder why she not attacked him from behind, i.e. scratching and hitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

tara73 wrote: »
    that's some 'great' advice, I think it's instinctively clear to anybody, you don't follow an attacker easily. but what can you do if he's stronger than you, punches you in the face and shoves you in a car??

but relating to this there was always one question in my head and probably the car enthusiasts here can answer it easily: I was wondering, does this Nissan Quashquai have a boot which is seperated from the rest of the car, means he put her in the boot and she was in a confined room? Because if not, I wonder why she not attacked him from behind, i.e. scratching and hitting.

There's an easily removable cover on it but I don't know how easily it comes off with the boot closed and you on the inside.

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    That is just so beautiful what the families did for eachother. It shows such strength from the Valdez family and I would say their sign of kindness to the Hennessy family will go a great way to lessening their burden of guilt, of course they shouldnt feel guilt but Id say its only natural to feel some how responsible in that situation.

Yes indeed, it would have been very easy for the Valdez family to pass up on the chance of a meeting (especially so soon and with things so raw) and not a single person would have thought unkindly of them for doing so. It does tell us the type of people they are, good people just like their beautiful daughter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement