Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes indeed, it would have been very easy for the Valdez family to pass up on the chance of a meeting (especially so soon and with things so raw) and not a single person would have thought unkindly of them for doing so. It does tell us the type of people they are, good people just like their beautiful daughter.

I think the Valdez family and the Filipino community generally have acted so honourably and magnaminously throughout all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭bb12

tara73 wrote: »
    that's some 'great' advice, I think it's instinctively clear to anybody, you don't follow an attacker easily. but what can you do if he's stronger than you, punches you in the face and shoves you in a car??

but relating to this there was always one question in my head and probably the car enthusiasts here can answer it easily: I was wondering, does this Nissan Quashquai have a boot which is seperated from the rest of the car, means he put her in the boot and she was in a confined room? Because if not, I wonder why she not attacked him from behind, i.e. scratching and hitting.

or get at the steering wheel any which way you can...esp if he was going fast...wouldn't take much to roll it...you're risking your life in an accident cos of no seatbelt etc but better those odds and if it happens on a motorway other cars will be involved, witnesses etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I hope they manage to find her bag. I just saw there was an appeal for it on Crime Call.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've been trying to make some sense of what happened to her, when on the surface it seems beyond senseless. The best I can come up with is that terrible things sometimes happen to good people. We just have to have to accept that unpleasant fact about life. She was in the wrong place at the wrong moment and the luck wasn't with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've been trying to make some sense of what happened to her, when on the surface it seems beyond senseless. The best I can come up with is that terrible things sometimes happen to good people. We just have to have to accept that unpleasant fact about life. She was in the wrong place at the wrong moment and the luck wasn't with her.

It’s beyond the pale. My worst nightmare. Everyone’s worst nightmare. I just can’t shake what happened to her. It’s really upsetting.

• Advertisement

It’s beyond the pale. My worst nightmare. Everyone’s worst nightmare. I just can’t shake what happened to her. It’s really upsetting.

Yes, it's very hard to get your head around the idea of someone wanting to hurt an innocent person in this manner, it goes against all our natural instincts, a betrayal of our human capacity for empathy and kindness. We want to put it right for her and we can't, that part is the worst aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭OB1Kildare

I hope they manage to find her bag. I just saw there was an appeal for it on Crime Call.

i read a quote from the guards that the laptop will solve it - and close the case for all involved ...what ever that means . strange they have found everything else but that is one thing missing

OB1Kildare wrote: »
    i read a quote from the guards that the laptop will solve it - and close the case for all involved ...what ever that means . strange they have found everything else but that is one thing missing

I haven't seen that quote. Seems strange. AGS have been looking for a blue bag which contained a number of items including an iPad mini. I didnt know they were looking for a laptop also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

OB1Kildare wrote: »

Do you have a link?

They have his laptop, but i think they are looking for her iPad mini.

His phone was also damaged, so if possible, it might take a lot longer to recover any information from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Yes indeed, it would have been very easy for the Valdez family to pass up on the chance of a meeting (especially so soon and with things so raw) and not a single person would have thought unkindly of them for doing so. It does tell us the type of people they are, good people just like their beautiful daughter.

That's incredible that they were able to do this. There are still some very good people in this world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I can't find a motive for this at all if he didn't sexually abuse her as we're led to believe. Some people have suggested that he was looking for a child and mistook her because of he small stature.
    God help her family. This was just shocking. It makes me worry for my granddaughters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Is there any reason people think he was looking for a child? I dont she looks like a child at all, teenager maybe.

Jastine being returned to the Philippines today. TV3 report that her parents intend staying there for a few months before returning to Ireland. Probably a very good idea, as it will give them plenty of time to grieve for their daughter and to try and make some sense of this awful tragedy.

Outreach Ireland say on their FB page that they have already started transferring money from the gofundme account to the Valdez family and that they will accompany Jastine and her parents on the flight home. It shows that the money is already being put to good use as it is allowing the family to make the decision to remain in the Philippines for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

RIP Jastine , and may your family find the support and comfort they need .

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

Saw on Dublin live about the true story regarding the detective shooting him .
    My opinion is that when I saw clip if MH leaving Bray car park he seemed to be in a hurry. So I reckon he planned this as he knew she would be getting off the bus.
    Not a random attack at all. Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I can't find a motive for this at all if he didn't sexually abuse her as we're led to believe. Some people have suggested that he was looking for a child and mistook her because of he small stature.
    God help her family. This was just shocking. It makes me worry for my granddaughters.

I have to say it is one of the most disturbing crimes that I recall in my lifetime due to its randomness. Given the appeals in the news for personal belongings I think it's plausible his motive may have been robbery.

2forjoy wrote: »
    My opinion is that when I saw clip if MH leaving Bray car park he seemed to be in a hurry. So I reckon he planned this as he knew she would be getting off the bus.

I truly hope you're wrong. Otherwise that phone call he was on in the car park assumes even greater significance and who was he talking to and what about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

2forjoy wrote: »

well there is two concepts that ive never seen in the same sentence twice

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I truly hope you're wrong. Otherwise that phone call he was on in the car park assumes even greater significance and who was he talking to and what about?

Obviously the gaurds are well aware whoever he was talking to. Details have not leaked about it. Perhaps a meaningless call

cagefactor wrote: »
    Obviously the gaurds are well aware whoever he was talking to. Details have not leaked about it. Perhaps a meaningless call
    They may not be.
    Didn't he have a 'secret phone' that his wife didn't know about?
    He may have rang somebody on an unregistered device, that may have been dumped since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Suckit wrote: »
    They may not be.
    Didn't he have a 'secret phone' that his wife didn't know about?
    He may have rang somebody on an unregistered device, that may have been dumped since.
    If they have CCTV, then they have a time and a place, so they can trace active calls being made at that time from the masts local to it.

That's assuming they don't have the phone, which is unlikely.

seamus wrote: »
    If they have CCTV, then they have a time and a place, so they can trace active calls being made at that time from the masts local to it.

That's assuming they don't have the phone, which is unlikely.

I mean for the person he was on the phone to.
    That person could have been anywhere in the world on an unregistered device.
    It may also have been his wife.
    My point is it could be anyone, the Gardaí may or may not know who it was.

No evidence at all (so far) that the killer and Jastine knew each other. It's possible I guess that he might have been aware of her in a crazed stalker type of way but Gardai have found zero evidence of any contact between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Im still wondering why that poster earlier in the thread announced he had insider garda sources that said it was about an affair. If theres zero evidence to support this then he must have just made it up completely, I cant believe somebody would do that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭eigrod

wakka12 wrote: »
    Im still wondering why that poster earlier in the thread announced he had insider garda sources that said it was about an affair. If theres zero evidence to support this then he must have just made it up completely, I cant believe somebody would do that

The distance between one person's theory becoming another person's fact, is a very small distance indeed. Doesn't mean he made it up at all.

Suckit wrote: »
    I mean for the person he was on the phone to.
    That person could have been anywhere in the world on an unregistered device.
    It may also have been his wife.
    My point is it could be anyone, the Gardaí may or may not know who it was.

Maybe he was just listening to voice mails. Assuming he was on a call, assuming other person is in ireland it would not be difficult to find who they are, even if unregistered (I work in a phone company). If he disposed of the SIM then it will take all of 1 minute to find list of active calls on the cell covering where he was at time of cctv recording, another min to rule out devices with registered users. Once his number is found then call history is available on the system.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Someone in work (from Ballybrack) was saying something similar the other day and mentioned something about tinder. Possibly just chinese whispers around Ballybrack.

Someone in work (from Ballybrack) was saying something similar the other day and mentioned something about tinder. Possibly just chinese whispers around Ballybrack.

Since Tinder is tied to FB they would have all of the details already if they were both on it communicating. There are no reports saying she had a tinder account. Also I dont see any reports from anyone saying they match with him on Tinder or her for that matter so the Tinder bit may not be true at all.

It appears to have been complete rubbish. It's possible the poster heard some made up rumour and took it as gospel. So far investigators have found no evidence whatsoever of any link between Jastine and that individual. The best theory they have at the moment is that he underwent some form of psychotic episode that evening and snatched a random girl off the street.

• Advertisement

I believe there was some talk about the killer being on Tinder but I was also reading they can find absolutely no connection with Jastine, not even the slightest hint of contact with her anywhere, either online or elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement