Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options
1747576777880»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The arguing over trivial details in this thread is tiresome. Piece on Jastine is very touching. She seems to have been a wonderful person.

Hard working and a conscientious student by the sound of things, absolutely devoted to her extended family. If there is one tiny glimmer of positivity in this story, it's that she got to spend a few years living with her parents, giving them many precious memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Suckit wrote: »
    It is not entirely trivial if you are referring to the barmaid/waitress comments.
    It is also not really arguing.

There seems to be a rumour connecting Jastine with MH (I haven't heard it, so couldn't say what it is exactly.), when she was a barmaid. Assuming he frequented the pub that she was a barmaid in.

It was never reported that she was a barmaid, and a restaurant customer frequenting a restaurant would be a lot more noticeable.
    If anything, I would say it is people just trying to help quash the rumours.

It's not just the barmaid/waitress thing. It's the whole he looks like a freak/he is only socially awkward.....the garda is a hero/ the garda over-reacted.....She was a waitress/she was a barmaid.... of them all the waitress/barmaid most trivial but all annoying.

It's not just the barmaid/waitress thing. It's the whole he looks like a freak/he is only socially awkward.....the garda is a hero/ the garda over-reacted.....She was a waitress/she was a barmaid.... of them all the waitress/barmaid most trivial but all annoying.

No offense but you have completely missed the point here.

It's not trivial because it puts an end to a common rumour that speculates that they knew each other, and how they would know each other. Putting that rumour to bed is very pertinent, IMO.

No offense but you have completely missed the point here.

It's not trivial because it puts an end to a common rumour that speculates that they knew each other, and how they would know each other. Putting that rumour to bed is very pertinent, IMO.

So if she was a barmaid they knew each other and if she was a waitress they didn't. OK. NOW I get it NOT!

Suckit wrote: »
    It is not entirely trivial if you are referring to the barmaid/waitress comments.
    It is also not really arguing.

There seems to be a rumour connecting Jastine with MH (I haven't heard it, so couldn't say what it is exactly.), when she was a barmaid. Assuming he frequented the pub that she was a barmaid in.

It was never reported that she was a barmaid, and a restaurant customer frequenting a restaurant would be a lot more noticeable.
    If anything, I would say it is people just trying to help quash the rumours.

One of the newspapers last week cleared up the issue of where Jastine worked :

Julie Ann was a regular customer in the Blue Ginger Chinese restaurant on Bray’s Main Street where Jastine worked. Entering, Jastine “would always be there, smiling,” said Julie Ann.

Jastine was “so nice and friendly but very shy” with it, recalled Julie Ann. “She’s not the girl who would jump in [to a conversation].”

If there was any connection between she and the killer, I would say it would be purely down to him acting as a stalker, probably without her knowledge (and I'd be sceptical of that scenario).

• Advertisement

So if she was a barmaid they knew each other and if she was a waitress they didn't. OK. NOW I get it NOT!

Yeah, I think I'll just have to accept that you're not going to "get it", at this stage.

Yeah, I think I'll just have to accept that you're not going to "get it", at this stage.

Great, otherwise it will turn into another stupid argument.

Another nice article about Jastine, this time by the Irish Daily Mail's Michelle Fleming who is out in the Philippines.....a really well written piece

https://extra.ie/2018/06/03/news/jastine-valdez-thanks-irish-for-support

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Bless her, and everybody connected to her back in Aritao she was angelic and remains in our hearts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Did they ever get to the bottom of the friend who didn't report Hennesey to the police when he saw him on Killiney beach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

The Nal wrote: »
    Did they ever get to the bottom of the friend who didn't report Hennesey to the police when he saw him on Killiney beach?

Good question, The Nal. I'd guess he is a person who has something to hide regarding himself.

Now that Jastine has been buried with all the honours she deserves, I'm wondering will the parents ever bring themselves to return to Ireland.

R.I.P. Jasmine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

acai berry wrote: »

R.I.P. Jasmine!

It's Jastine.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Any update on the investigation into Hennessy & connections to other crimes?

Good question, The Nal. I'd guess he is a person who has something to hide regarding himself.

Now that Jastine has been buried with all the honours she deserves, I'm wondering will the parents ever bring themselves to return to Ireland.

R.I.P. Jasmine!

Apparently her parents plan to return to live in Ireland early next year.

It's been a horrific tragedy and loss for them though. We should never even have heard of Jastine, the odds of her being abducted off the street and murdered in such a fashion by a random maniac must have been millions to one. She was so unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

AmberGold wrote: »

Not seen anything reported. In the light of AGS apparent unwillingness to update the public directly (except through feeding information to favoured reporters) I don't expect that we'll be told anything unless a clear connection is found. I'm sure his DNA has been checked to any DNA evidence that might exist from those other crimes by now. If any matches had been found, I'm sure it would be all over the news. Unfortunately, where ppl just disappeared and were never found, the lack of a crime scene and/or victim remains means that evidence like perpetrator DNA will not have been collected so comparison with Hennessy's DNA is not possible.

AmberGold wrote: »

The only thing that was in the press recently was that his life had been spiralling out of control for months and he had been running up big drug debts. It doesn't sound like he had killed before, more like he was going off the rails and heading towards a big blow up.

Impossible to know what was going on in his head that evening. I was reading one forensic psychologist suggest he may have been fantasising about killing someone for months and that it was less likely to have been a spur of the moment decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

It's Jastine.

Sorry for my mistake. Just a typo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Sorry for my mistake. Just a typo.

Dafuq is the point in this thread still being open? Mods in like a flash if anything slightly libellous is posted or something they don’t agree with but this is just pure voyeurism at this stage, two deaths, no winners. All tragic....yet keep commenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Entirely valid point, closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement