Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

LOL at "Mr Murphy"!!

I suppose it's "Mr. Bundy" and "Mr. Hitler" too then! Get a f%&king grip!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mod-Redacted, read the thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

A deranged man suffering a psychotic episode kills someone. If he shouts Allahu Akbar it's a once off. If he's white, the same people will say that it's evidence of toxic masculinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Well said Tom. I feel very sorry for the Hennessy family, being left to deal with the horrendous legacy he has left them all.

It’s just horrendous. How can they even truly grieve? They will feel shame and guilt even though they did nothing wrong.
    I hope people will understand that they are victims too.
    Unfortunately I fear there are many really nasty people who will scorn and shame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Why would anybody (100 people??) go to his funeral mass?

Should have been fed to the lions in Phoenix Park.

• Advertisement

And there we have it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

He's been cremated. They should flush his ashes down the toilet.

And there we have it...

Have what?

The only person responsible for his actions is him.

However, anybody who attended his funeral made an error in judgement which for their own sake I hope they later regret.

He doesn't deserve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Have what?

However, anybody who attended his funeral made an error in judgement which for their own sake I hope they later regret.

People usually attend funerals out of respect and compassion for the family without knowing the deceased personally. It's a sign of support for the family. They had a short 15 min service and he was cremated. The family have had their world turned upside down too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

To support his innocent family and friends? He's dead, there's nothing can be done with him, but he destroyed that poor young woman's family and his own with it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Have what?

Maybe others deserve something , His mother , his father and his family are allowed grieve and feel pain .Its not up to you to judge a family in turmoil . Read his fathers speech and then think about his pain .They are allowed this moment to grieve and remember that people were there to comfort and support them and reach out to a family who are broken

in a moving eulogy, dad Michael revealed the family’s heartache following his 40-year-old son’s “sudden and unexpected” death after being shot by armed gardai last Sunday.

He told the congregation: “For the past week I have been waking every morning to see my darling sweetheart wife broken, broken.

I look at my sons and my daughters and they’re broken.

“I look at Mark’s uncles and auntie, cousins, nephews, nieces and his beautiful, beautiful daughters and they’re broken and I can’t fix them.

“To all of the people who have come here today, and to all of the people who have come through our home, offering the shake of a hand, a cuddle, peck on the cheek, words of encouragement . . .

“Thank you for coming into this nightmare to help us, because you have helped us so much more.

“To every single person on this planet who has had a kind thought for us, thank you, thank you.”

A second address by a female relative offered words of comfort for the heartbroken parents of tragic Jastine.

Wibbs wrote: »
    To support his innocent family and friends? He's dead, there's nothing can be done with him, but he destroyed that poor young woman's family and his own with it.

Personally, I think you show respect to the victims family by not attending anything in his name.

Burn him and dump him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

My guess is, there are always people who show up to such funerals just for sensational reasons. Disgusting.

The parents, wife and other close relatives didn't 'make' Mark Hennessy to do what he did. He might have had a difficult childhood or whatever but it still doesn't justify such actions.
    What I want to say is, I don't understand when people don't feel for the parents, siblings, wife of MH. They are living the nightmare now too. Nobody of them decided for MH to do what he did or even had the slightest idea of what he was able to do I would guess.

Both relatives, Jastines and Mark H., have their world torn apart and have to live with it the rest of their life with this pain and stigma. Stigma is a horrible thing.

So me, personally, I don't feel much difference in sympathie with the two involved family members in what they are going through. But that's me, probably everybody feels diferent in such cases.

tara73 wrote: »

My guess is, there are always people who show up to such funerals just for sensational reasons. Disgusting.

The parents, wife and other close relatives didn't 'make' Mark Hennessy to do what he did. He might have had a difficult childhood or whatever but it still doesn't justify such actions.
    What I want to say is, I don't understand when people don't feel for the parents, siblings, wife of MH. They are living the nightmare now too. Nobody of them decided for MH to do what he did or even had the slightest idea of what he was able to do I would guess.

Both relatives, Jastines and Mark H., have their world torn apart and have to live with it the rest of their life with this pain and stigma. Stigma is a horrible thing.

So me, personally, I don't feel much difference in sympathie with the two involved family members in what they are going through. But that's me, probably everybody feels diferent in such cases.

I agree with you 100%. My only issue is I don't think anybody should have attended his funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I agree with you 100%. My only issue is I don't think anybody should have attended his funeral.

So you've said.

But they did, and many did it out of respect for his innocent family and to show them that there are some that are there for them.

I suspect some of the 100 that attended were from the redtops and future novelists looking for some tripe to write and get some photos, and the rest were family and friends of the family showing support. They are all still coming to terms with what has happened also.

Have what?

Wibbs and other posters here have explained this very well.
    There is really no need for you to denounce people for attending the funeral.

Compassion and support for those who are suffering deeply is one of the greatest attributes of humanity.

These are fully innocent people and the fathers words were heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I would imagine that many people who knew Hennessy did choose not to attend his funeral.

But of those who did attend they probably fell into two categories.

First, those who loved him. He had daughters, a mother, father, brothers, sisters aunties, uncles, people who knew him for 40 years before he committed this horrible crime. They remember him as he was in the past. Attending his funeral does not mean condoning his actions. I have brothers and sisters whom I love. If it turns out tomorrow that they are murders or pedophiles or something equally horrendous it will disgust me but not undo a lifetime of experiences and feelings.

Second, friends of the family members. These people attend a funeral to show love and support to the surviving Hennessy family members. Should his parent or daughters be left to feel that no one loves them or supports them. In their darkest hour should they have been abandoned by everyone? I have attended funerals of friend's parents or siblings who I have never met, I am there to support a friend in their hour of need.

I don't imagine there where too many onlookers as the funeral was not advertised in the papers or on rip.ie. It was a 15 minute non-religious ceremony and cremation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So whats going to happen to the people who knew him, saw him on Sunday morning and didn't report it to the police?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Nal wrote: »
    So whats going to happen to the people who knew him, saw him on Sunday morning and didn't report it to the police?

How would they have had the foggiest idea of what he had done? Think about what you’re spouting before mashing the keyboard with your fists.

Who saw him on Sunday morning?

Nothing would happen anyway. They probably didn't know he was wanted then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭kingofclay

Suckit wrote: »
    Who saw him on Sunday morning?

Nothing would happen anyway. They probably didn't know he was wanted then.

His friend did, and they did know he was wanted. His friend was following him perhaps hoping he'd go towards where Jastine was.

I think the fact Jastine died the evening before will clear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

It has been reported in several places that a friend of Mark Hennessy, who knew the Gardai were looking for him had seen Hennessy on Sunday morning on Killiney beach. He followed him but lost him. He did not give this information to the gardai even after nationwide alerts were made to keep an eye out. RTE news reported that the man will probably receive a caution.

http://www.thejournal.ie/valdez-hennessy-4027752-May2018/

There are additional quotes from his family on a news site called Dublinlive which are not reported in the national papers. Presumably this isn't a reputable site?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭kingofclay

I really feel for the Hennessy family.

Omackeral wrote: »
    How would they have had the foggiest idea of what he had done? Think about what you’re spouting before mashing the keyboard with your fists.

No that would be you. As per above posts.

A friend saw him, knew where he was, knew he had murdered someone and didn't call the police and then lost track of him. Could've easily contributed to another murder, or murders.

Kilkenny?
    I hadn't read that. Why was he following him?

I just saw the CCTV footage of him in the carpark before he abducted her. I was expecting to see him a bit highly strung or something. He looks very composed on the phone.

Kilkenny?
    I hadn't read that. Why was he following him?

I just saw the CCTV footage of him in the carpark before he abducted her. I was expecting to see him a bit highly strung or something. He looks very composed on the phone.

The poster meant Killiney (presumably autocorrect) which is close by.

No that would be you. As per above posts.

A friend saw him, knew where he was, knew he had murdered someone and didn't call the police and then lost track of him. Could've easily contributed to another murder, or murders.

He couldn't have known she was murdered then.

Weird that he didn't call the Gardaí though.

He couldn't have known she was murdered then.

Weird that he didn't call the Gardaí though.

Well, missing, but the writing was on the wall.

Either way, awful behaviour. Was in plain view of him for an hour and didn't call the police and then Hennessey was free and driving about all day Sunday as a result.

• Advertisement

Just found the article now.

http://www.thejournal.ie/valdez-hennessy-4027752-May2018/
    TheJournal.ie understands that Hennessy was spotted on Killiney Beach on Sunday morning – the day after he allegedly killed Jastine and hours before he was shot dead during an incident with gardaí.
    It is believed he was seen by a friend who had been out searching for him following the release of garda alerts. This person, it is claimed, decided to see if he could track his movements without alerting gardaí.
    It is understood that he passed on this information to someone else who knew Hennessy – but not to gardaí.
    Hennessy was said to have been in a severely agitated state while on the beach and the person who spotted him was concerned about what could happen if gardaí were to arrive on scene. Despite their best efforts, the person lost track of his location after about an hour.
    Hennessy, who was by now wanted for questioning over Jastine’s disappearance, drove the short distance through Ballybrack, where he is originally from, and onto the N11. Members of the Civil Defence, who were also searching for Jastine, spotted the black Nissan Qashqai at what used to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement