Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Riskymove wrote: »
    Hindsight!! The guy can't win

If it turned out that the suspect used the knife to kill the victim in the van while guards looked on people would aks why they didn't shoot him

That did not happen. Let us stick to what we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭pah

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Neither am I, but at that point Justine had still not been found and he was the link to vital information.

FFS the guys on the scene were operating on the info that a female had been abducted by a man in this vehicle, unless there was info to suggest otherwise they had to proceed on the assumption she was still in the car. Any actions deemed to be hostile from that point had to be dealt with swiftly. They were.

Maybe you should take your own advice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

bubblypop wrote: »

Which is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

That did not happen. .

How do you know that they knew she wasn't in the van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Riskymove wrote: »
    How do you know that they knew she wasn't in the van?

I'd imagine he would have seen her if she was. I'm sure they assessed the situation, not blindly shoot into a van with potentially innocent victims inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

A bullet to incapacitate, instead of taser or negotiation? One bullet was all it took.

The Garda who shot him didn't have a taser though. At most pepper spray, a baton and his firearm. You can be sure he attempted negotiation first and then ramped up his force options. Using a baton would've been impractical in an enclosed space like a car. Pepper spray doesn't stop a knife being swung wildly. His only other option was to use his firearm. The aim isn't to kill but to stop the threat. The Garda knows he must account for each round fired and by all accounts, one round was sufficient and measured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

Strazdas wrote: »
    Some encouraging news from the Consul to the Philippines Mark Congdon. He told RTE Drivetime he has just come from being with Jastine's parents and they are "improving every day". He says he has been showing them videos and photos of the vigils around Ireland and telling them about the funding efforts and they are really touched.

Sounds like he is doing a fantastic job for them and is personally overseeing all the numerous arrangements to get her back home.

sorry if I missed it being stated already, but are her parents not here in Ireland? So she was here all by herself?? Or did she had other family members here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

Strazdas wrote: »
    Some encouraging news from the Consul to the Philippines Mark Congdon. He told RTE Drivetime he has just come from being with Jastine's parents and they are "improving every day". He says he has been showing them videos and photos of the vigils around Ireland and telling them about the funding efforts and they are really touched.

sorry, double post, see post before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

tara73 wrote: »
    sorry if I missed it being stated already, but are her parents not here in Ireland? So she was here all by herself?? Or did she had other family members here?

Parents are in Ireland. Mark Congdon is the consul of, not to, the Phillipines in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 18,303 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

tara73 wrote: »

Sorry, I should have said Consul 'of' the Philippines of course. Jastine's parents are indeed living in Ireland and have been for many years. In fact, they are the reason she moved to Ireland (to join them, having lived with her grandparents in the Philippines previously).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Massive crowd today at the funeral home in Bray.
    Such a terrible waste of a young life. It really is infuriating to see her with her whole life ahead of her laid out. I hope he died roaring, shooting was too good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Larry Murphy and John Crerar both were married with kids and committed very similar crimes in the same area.

Both are now free men, I presume? The crime Murphy was convicted of was different in the sense of the level of planning he engaged in beforehand. The victim had been stalked and her movements monitored before being abducted, brutally raped and almost suffocated when, by chance, two men (hunters, I think) happened to come upon the scene and Murphy fled. His modus operandi would suggest this was not the first occasion he had struck and he could have been active throughout the entire Leinster region. An utterly evil bastard who should have been locked away for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We know that he murdered the little girl by strangling her within an hour of kidnapping her. Then he went on an alcohol and coke binge to celebrate.
    Then when he found out he was suspected he decided to take the cowards way out.
    He deserved to die BUT it was too quick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

chicorytip wrote: »
    Both are now free men, I presume? The crime Murphy was convicted of was different in the sense of the level of planning he engaged in beforehand. The victim had been stalked and her movements monitored before being abducted, brutally raped and almost suffocated when, by chance, two men (hunters, I think) happened to come upon the scene and Murphy fled. His modus operandi would suggest this was not the first occasion he had struck and he could have been active throughout the entire Leinster region. An utterly evil bastard who should have been locked away for life.

Larry has done his time and should be left in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

4ensic15 wrote: »

No he should not . Every woman in this country should be warned about him and know who he is . He is a vile and vicious criminal .

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Are you joking? I very much hope so. Peace is the last thing Larry Murphy deserves. I despair!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Pffft, Larry should never be left in peace, not until he dies.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

I don’t think anyone on this thread or anyone I have ever met ever has sinned as much as Larry Murphy.

wellwhynot wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone on this thread or anyone I have ever met ever has sinned as much as Larry Murphy.

There is only evidence of 1 sin. I'd say a lot of people on this thread have sinned more than once.

I take it you never knew the victim ? I know of her and people who know her and believe me Larry Murphy deserve no mercy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh, for f*ck sake, have a bit of respect. Take your trolling to another thread. Campaign for the rapist somewhere else

This is not a thread for Larry Murphy

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I take it you never knew the victim ? I know of her and people who know her and believe me Larry Murphy deserve no mercy

So, a friend of a friend? Now you are setting yourself up as judge jury and executioner. Mob rule.

So, a friend of a friend? Now you are setting yourself up as judge jury and executioner. Mob rule.

Go away .you are so inappropriate trolling on this thread

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Go away .you are so inappropriate trolling on this thread

When someone doesn't go along with the mob rule cosy consensus they are made the enemy. That is what caused Christ to be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When someone doesn't go along with the mob rule cosy consensus they are made the enemy. That is what caused Christ to be killed.

Are you angry about anything in particular at present?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I can't believe how much this tragic murder has affected me, I just can't stop thinking about it.. I didn't know Jastine or her parents.... I don't give donations to strangers but I felt compelled to give to the GFM Fund.

• Advertisement

I can't believe how much this tragic murder has affected me, I just can't stop thinking about it.. I didn't know Jastine or her parents.... I don't give donations to strangers but I felt compelled to give to the GFM Fund.

I think it struck a chord because it could have been us , or our sister or daughter or girlfriend . Its everyones nightmare and someone is now suffering that horror

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement