Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Evade

"Excellent, thank you" Therai finishes eating his breakfast, slips out of bed, washes, and gets dressed. Then he gathers up his belongings and heads for Bramal's store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    "screw it. Welcome aboard! Ok, I'm well overdue a sleep but I help you find the bard, you help me ... Uh... well I dunno we'll think of something. I'll come by tomorrow morning and pick you up.

Hey, you do much ritualising? I'm just getting started myself, could use some pointers."
    "Yes, I will teach you some 'on the path'" she says clearly excited.

Evade wrote: »
    "Excellent, thank you" Therai finishes eating his breakfast, slips out of bed, washes, and gets dressed. Then he gathers up his belongings and heads for Bramal's store.
    Bramal looks up.

"Had a Shadar Kai yesterday, same party I guess...

You..hmm...Tiefling...sorcerer...elemental of some kind...anyway, what you got?"

"If she threatened or propositioned you then yes the Elf is a traveling companion of mine. I've got these to sell" Therai pulls out three gems from his pack, one eye sapphire and two hole gems "how much?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula seals the deal with a clink of cups and a sip of tea - presuming it passes a quick perception / herbology assessment - then gathers her offered materials and heads back to town looking for the inn.

(Ooc : 2gp was it?)

After a 4 hour meditation she fishes her new pearl and heavily feathered tome out, then sets about Identifying the properties of the blue robes, orchid and golden hair in her pack (assuming there's time to do all 3 before it's time to get up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

After talking with Gunthar Mags cajoles the local players to allow him join them on stage for a drunken rendition of his newest offering, "The Chef of all Goodness", a little ditty about a full orc imprisoned as a kitchen-slave who due to his almost magical skills with a skillet persuades the slavers to become ex-slavers and everyone lives happly and free ever after.

He returns late in the night to the rooms where he falls into a sated slumber. On the morning he refreshes his spells, don's his armour and sets out to see if any of the crew are interested in solving 'The mystery of Lystra, the missing Bard'.

OOC:Spells of the day - same as yesterday. :)
    OOC: Spells for the day
    Lvl 1
    Hideous Laughter
    Healing word
    Thunderwave
    Bane

Lvl 2
    Lesser Restoration
    Enhance ability

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

After a 4 hour meditation she fishes her new pearl and heavily feathered tome out, then sets about Identifying the properties of the blue robes, orchid and golden hair in her pack (assuming there's time to do all 3 before it's time to get up).
    The blue robe is magical in some manner, that is certain though the Raven Queen will not reveal how and it surpasses Retula's self taught lore. A wizard will be required for that.

The golden hair is elven, that alone is obvious from its quality, with a better lab, a small amount of vivimancy could tell her more.

The orchid her lore covers well. Feeling the petals and sensing the small amount of magic coursing through, she can tell it carries a mutagen that permanently enhances the body.

OOC: Flower when consumed entirely gives +1HP permanently.

OldGoat wrote: »
    He returns late in the night to the rooms where he falls into a sated slumber. On the morning he refreshes his spells, don's his armour and sets out to see if any of the crew are interested in solving 'The mystery of Lystra, the missing Bard'.
    He spots Therai at the jewelers while walking the main square.

"If she threatened or propositioned you then yes the Elf is a traveling companion of mine. I've got these to sell" Therai pulls out three gems from his pack, one eye sapphire and two hole gems "how much?"
    "The sapphire matches the one the Shadar Kai was peddling....I'll give you 800GP for the lot."

Fourier wrote: »
    The blue robe is magical in some manner, that is certain though the Raven Queen will not reveal how and it surpasses Retula's self taught lore. A wizard will be required for that.

The golden hair is elven, that alone is obvious from its quality, with a better lab, a small amount of vivimancy could tell her more.

The orchid her lore covers well. Feeling the petals and sensing the small amount of magic coursing through, she can tell it carries a mutagen that permanently enhances the body.

OOC: Flower when consumed entirely gives +1HP permanently.

Retula scrawls a note in the margin of her book renaming the "Identify" ritual "duuuuuh". Still, the Pearl is kinda pretty.

She has a quick look out in the hall, sees no sign of the dwarves being up and turns the page. She assembles the supplies the witch gave her last night.

"Don't look at me like that, Hetyaro! I'm not replacing you. I'm...uh... adding another string to our lute! Seriously, you're a sentinel. Don't be so sensitive!"
    She casts Find Familiar.

• Advertisement

She casts Find Familiar.
    OOC: What form?

Ooc :I get to choose?
    Emmmm gimme a minute

"The sapphire matches the one the Shadar Kai was peddling....I'll give you 800GP for the lot."
    Therai's eyes light up (figuratively) and he says "Deal" in a almost giddy manner, shakes Bramal's hand ,and puts the gold in his pack.

Then he goes next door to Alfredo's and greets the shopkeeper "Good morning master smith, I'm in the market for some tools. Specifically *lists off the contents of the average thieve's toolkit*"

OOC: What form?

After a few minutes, when nary a squirrel nor a monkey have shown up, Retula begins to grow frustrated with ritual, flinging her moonshard across the room. (Ooc : That's her arcane focus by the way) Still seething she reached for something to fire an Eldritch Bolt out of, grabbing the unicorn horn from her pack and brandishing it at the ritual materials.

Therai's eyes light up (figuratively) and he says "Deal" in a almost giddy manner, shakes Bramal's hand ,and puts the gold in his pack.

Then he goes next door to Alfredo's and greets the shopkeeper "Good morning master smith, I'm in the market for some tools. Specifically *lists off the contents of the average thieve's toolkit*"
    "Aye, I won't ask what ye need all that for, though I can guess. 25GP if ye don't mind."

After a few minutes, when nary a squirrel nor a monkey have shown up, Retula begins to grow frustrated with ritual, flinging her moonshard across the room. (Ooc : That's her arcane focus by the way) Still seething she reached for something to fire an Eldritch Bolt out of, grabbing the unicorn horn from her pack and brandishing it at the ritual materials.
    A magical twinkling sound fills the room as the horn halts midair as seven seperate torrents, each of one colour of the rainbow descend from the sky.

"Look mother!" a boy in street exclaims as the rainbow flies into Retula's room, coalescing around the horn and solidifying into Mr. Hurumphalgrumps, the magical unicorn.

"Well pardner, ye ready to go?" he asks with a wink.

"Aye, I won't ask what ye need all that for, though I can guess. 25GP if ye don't mind."
    Therai pays Alfredo. "It's no great mystery, I'm trying to open this" he pulls out the birdcage full of potions "I found it in an old ruin. Could I use your workbench for a minute?"

Therai pays Alfredo. "It's no great mystery, I'm trying to open this" he pulls out the birdcage full of potions "I found it in an old ruin. Could I use your workbench for a minute?"
    "Of course not, go ahead. An old ruin? You're a brave one then."

Therai tries out his new tools on the lock of the birdcage while making small talk with Alfredo. At some point he casually slips in "have you ever heard of a silver worm that likes to open locks?"

Therai tries out his new tools on the lock of the birdcage while making small talk with Alfredo. At some point he casually slips in "have you ever heard of a silver worm that likes to open locks?"
    His ears perk up at this.

"Yes, the Málëhro Elves used such a tool. Their ruins on this great island attest to a few."

• Advertisement

A magical twinkling sound fills the room as the horn halts midair as seven seperate torrents, each of one colour of the rainbow descend from the sky.

"Look mother!" a boy in street exclaims as the rainbow flies into Retula's room, coalescing around the horn and solidifying into Mr. Hurumphalgrumps, the magical unicorn.

"Well pardner, ye ready to go?" he asks with a wink.
    "Dagon! Uh.........

Yes?"
    She climbs on the unicorns back and says
    "To the witches house?"

"How valuable would something like that be?"

"Dagon! Uh.........

Yes?"
    She climbs on the unicorns back and says
    "To the witches house?"
    The unicorn leaps from the window onto the cobbled streets and rides toward the witches cabin.

They arrive with the witch packed up and ready to go. Two bags, one containing various jars of animal parts.

"How valuable would something like that be?"
    "Very...it's the only way into certain chambers within their old tombs, especially that of their king, which lies to the North."

"Hmm... interesting. would you happen to have a map to the king's tomb?"

OOC: Any progress on the lock?

"Hmm... interesting. would you happen to have a map to the king's tomb?"

OOC: Any progress on the lock?
    "...yes, on the condition of a geasa that you will give me 20% of what you find." Alfredo replies.

The lock finally springs open.

The unicorn leaps from the window onto the cobbled streets and rides toward the witches cabin.

They arrive with the witch packed up and ready to go. Two bags, one containing various jars of animal parts.

"So, like, I assume your boss gave you an awesome mount like mine did, whip it out and let's get going. By the way, what's your name or are you cool with 'witchy'?
    We need to hit town, go see the jeweller and meet the team. Let's hustle!"

"So, like, I assume your boss gave you an awesome mount like mine did, whip it out and let's get going. By the way, what's your name or are you cool with 'witchy'?
    We need to hit town, go see the jeweller and meet the team. Let's hustle!"
    "My real name is something I keep private, for magical reasons. Witchy will do and yes of course I have a mount...."

She eyes the unicorn and its rainbow coloured mane.

"...it is slightly different from your own, I would have thought the Raven Queen would provide...well never mind"

She clicks her fingers.

A colossal snake appears with her sitting cross legged atop it.

"One moment"

She clicks her fingers again and her house shrinks to the size of a fist, encased in a snow globe, which the snake wraps its tail around and places in her bag.

"The backroom houses a demiplane where I can speak to my master, don't want an innocent coming across that."

"20% is a lot for just a map, 10% seems more reasonable since my cohorts and I will be taking all the risks"

Therai packs away the three potions and the birdcage.

• Advertisement

"20% is a lot for just a map, 10% seems more reasonable since my cohorts and I will be taking all the risks"

Therai packs away the three potions and the birdcage.
    "Alright seems fair. I suppose I was chancing my arm."

He bends beneath the desk and takes out the map.

"Here...one word of advice, there is a room with a purple door, previous parties have returned half mad screaming only the words 'The Purple Door', so my advice is, well...don't open it."

OOC: You are at 24.20, King's Tomb is at 26.11

Advertisement