Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

"I want a bath and a beer after all that schleping though deserts and floating islands and dino nests and jungle swamp river crossings. To the village!"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai sniffs himself "Definitely" he says, trying not to gag at his own stench.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

As the party exit the forest into the village, they see that beyond the village is a long path downhill to the actual seaside at which there is a large port adjacent to a city.

The village seems to receive plenty of business from the port, with caravans and carts bringing scores of new travelers by the hour. The center of the village is obviously the destination of most of these travelers, as several ale houses and sword-smiths are to be found in its cobbled streets.

YAyO28.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooc : I think most of our liquidity is tied up in gems and jewels (couple of sapphires each, 240gp worth of stuff on one of the dwarves) - can we just got to Cash4gems and check into the inn or is there a process/minigame/dc?

As it's late Therai has a look around at the prices of the nearest inns with bath and laundry services.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    As it's late Therai has a look around at the prices of the nearest inns with bath and laundry services.
    The inns with baths and laundry services come in at a steep enough 2GP. They are "The Pirate's Life" and "Old Audrey".

"Whew, 2GP. Time was I'd live on that for a month." Therai says to himself. "Time to live better than a ship captain" Therai enters Old Audrey* and asks for a room, a bath, and his clothes to be laundered.

*OOC: You knew I would.

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : I think most of our liquidity is tied up in gems and jewels (couple of sapphires each, 240gp worth of stuff on one of the dwarves) - can we just got to Cash4gems and check into the inn or is there a process/minigame/dc?
    A jewelers seems to be willing to trade gems, having a healthy supply from previous adventuring types.

To the jewellers!

Evade wrote: »
    "Whew, 2GP. Time was I'd live on that for a month." Therai says to himself. "Time to live better than a ship captain" Therai enters Old Audrey* and asks for a room, a bath, and his clothes to be laundered.
    The bartender shows him to his room, en suite bath heated by a long running fire spell and an active clairvoyance spell showing a theater group in the local city performing plays.

"Enjoy" he says heading back downstairs.

• Advertisement

To the jewellers!
    The jeweler turns to greet Retula.

"A Shadar-Kai!, wonderful, selling or buying?"

Therai strips off and leaves his clothes out to be laundered. Then he takes a long relaxing bath and thoroughly cleans himself. After an hour or so he gets out, dries off, and crawls into bed.

"Ahh" he sighs in relaxation "I haven't been this clean in... ever?" he thinks to himself as he falls asleep.

"ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Fourier wrote: »
    The jeweler turns to greet Retula.

"A Shadar-Kai!, wonderful, selling or buying?"

"Selling. You offering decent prices?"
    Raven on shoulder, percepting for lies and ticks.

"The usual rates yes....what do you have?"

Retula whips out the two sapphires from beneath the lake .
    "Feast your eyes! So hey, you seem to get a lot of traffic through here.... Where's here?"

"This is Hamarqu"

He looks at the sapphires.

"These weren't crafted by human beings...and they're part of a set, do you have the rest?"

"This is Hamarqu"

He looks at the sapphires.

"These weren't crafted by human beings...and they're part of a set, do you have the rest?"

"What of value ever is?" She sighs. "Yeah I know where a bunch if em are, but like they're not mine to trade? Not right now? What are they worth to you as a set, what are they worth as a pair, let's see if I can be bothered to pull them all together n stuff. "

"300GP as a pair. 2,000GP if complete."

"2 large huh? And how many you reckon are in a set? I mean, you're the expert, I'd hate to make a terrible amateur error and waste your time with an incomplete set y'know?"

Mags takes a room next to Therai and avails of all the offered food and cleaning services. After changing into his street clothes, refilling a wineskin, he gathers his flute and heads off to check out the nightlife of the village. The theater group broadcast blows any thoughts a quiet night in away and, humming a sea shanty, he wanders the streets asking passersby for directions to the stage.

• Advertisement

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"2 large huh? And how many you reckon are in a set? I mean, you're the expert, I'd hate to make a terrible amateur error and waste your time with an incomplete set y'know?"
    "There would be four in a given set. Rare enough, the civilization that made them is popular enough with collectors. An old form of elf, pre human contact."

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags takes a room next to Therai and avails of all the offered food and cleaning services. After changing into his street clothes, refilling a wineskin, he gathers his flute and heads off to check out the nightlife of the village. The theater group broadcast blows any thoughts a quiet night in away and, humming a sea shanty, he wanders the streets asking passersby for directions to the stage.
    They point him in the direction of "The Virtusos's Muse".

"There would be four in a given set. Rare enough, the civilization that made them is popular enough with collectors. An old form of elf, pre human contact."

"Collectors? Aw I was hoping if we brought the set together it'd summon some sort of crystalline intelligence or some ****. Look, man - as supercool as it would be to go find another two of these sparklers and make a little extra change from some stuffed shirt with a hard on for coloured rocks, like not at all a boring fetchy snoozefest fer shur, I need my sleep more than I need their money.

Look, I'll tell you what. As a sign of good faith why don't I leave one with you for security, you give me 100gp and that pearl over there, the one with the 100gp tag on it as a downpayment on the set. I'll keep the this one so I can compare it with the others I have stashed, I'll make sure to bring you back the remaining 3 tomorrow when I've had a meal and a wash and we'll settle up?

And by the way - you know anyone in town does any kind of exotic crafting?"

Mags pays for a ticket into of The Virtusos's Muse (at a Bards Union Guild discount naturally) and enter to listen to the players on stage. He nods to any other bards he sees and quietly asks each if they have any news, any new material, any quests or any weed. He is liberal in sharing his wine as he also hands out pamphlets seeking patrons and acts for the Woodshock Festival

I'll keep the this one so I can compare it with the others I have stashed, I'll make sure to bring you back the remaining 3 tomorrow when I've had a meal and a wash and we'll settle up?

And by the way - you know anyone in town does any kind of exotic crafting?"
    "I agree to the deal Shadar Kai, provided you accept a spell binding it" he says taking out a scroll with magical symbols of human origin on it.

"Exotic crafting is performed by the witch outside town, she lives in the swamp"

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags pays for a ticket into of The Virtusos's Muse (at a Bards Union Guild discount naturally) and enter to listen to the players on stage. He nods to any other bards he sees and quietly asks each if they have any news, any new material, any quests or any weed. He is liberal in sharing his wine as he also hands out pamphlets seeking patrons and acts for the Woodshock Festival
    One of the other bards, a 'Gunther of Tallberone', buys him some wine and sits down.

"There is a job many of us bards would like to see done, provided you are interested?"

"I agree to the deal Shadar Kai, provided you accept a spell binding it" he says taking out a scroll with magical symbols of human origin on it.

"Exotic crafting is performed by the witch outside town, she lives in the swamp"

"Human magic? Gag me with a spoon! Time was a gal's word and a few eyebrow flutters were sufficient, maybe a handshake. Don't you trust me?"

Anyone else in the shop with good line of sight in us? If no, beholder-eye on him.

"Human magic? Gag me with a spoon! Time was a gal's word and a few eyebrow flutters were sufficient, maybe a handshake. Don't you trust me?"

Anyone else in the shop with good line of sight in us? If no, beholder-eye on him.
    The man goes stupefied and drools slightly.

"Yeah, trust....why not. The witch can be a bit cruel on new customers tell her I sent you"

He hands over the 100GP and the pearl.

• Advertisement

"sure! Who's you? I'm Retula.

Hey listen, this witch, is she just like a pure gold ball breaker or is she righteous evil? And can you point the way?"

Advertisement