Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

"As it happens I'm going that way already so I'll take the job"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    "As it happens I'm going that way already so I'll take the job"
    "Perfect"

He reaches into his robe and produces a scroll.

"Within the jungle there is a stellar aerie, used for astronomy and astrology in the past, though now the city's coin only goes toward its upkeep, as the interior cannot be accessed without my order's permission, though even I have not traveled to it since I was a lad.

This scroll should get you in, just use its magics on any entrance. Within is part of the summoning spell for the obelisk.

The other part is kept by the Carnivore King in his floating palace. Either persuasion or theft can get his half"

Seeing Therai has a map of the island he marks out the locations.

OOC: Aerie is at 19.18, Floating Palace of the Carnivore King at 33.11

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If there's nothing obviously interesting (loose soil?) Retula stretches , sighs and tries tugging in the rope while standing to one side and then tries to climb it.

"How much does this little scavenger hunt pay? And could you recommend someone around here who's good at identifying potions?"

Banjo wrote: »
    If there's nothing obviously interesting (loose soil?) Retula stretches , sighs and tries tugging in the rope while standing to one side and then tries to climb it.
    She climbs up to the second floor, as Hetyaro saw, it is simply a ruined room. The bed itself is smashed in half.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    She climbs up to the second floor, as Hetyaro saw, it is simply a ruined room. The bed itself is smashed in half.

She sifts through looking for any indication of what fought what, how the bed broke, damage to doors or.windows that suggests a forceful entry or exit etc

"Witchy, Mags, you guys find anything?"

"How much does this little scavenger hunt pay? And could you recommend someone around here who's good at identifying potions?"
    "The collegium's most recent reward price was 15,000GP....but...there is also the power of the obelisk itself, which, depending on what it is, may be worth more than the mere material wealth offered by the collegium.

As for a potion tester, some gnome has come from Kyrtas across the sea, apparently he's pretty good at it. Rasmop he is called."

She sifts through looking for any indication of what fought what, how the bed broke, damage to doors or.windows that suggests a forceful entry or exit etc

"Witchy, Mags, you guys find anything?"
    The bed was broken with an Eldritch blast, both combatants were human sized. The window seems intact enough. Several drawings of a tower lies on the bed.

"She used a song against her assailants, killing one of them" Witchy says holding up a bone hidden within the mess.

"Fifteen THOUSAND!?" Therai takes a moment to gather himself. "That should be enough"

"Farewell until I return with the Obelisk Master Toldin"

Therai leaves and heads back to the square and asks around for Rasmop of Krystas.

"well it wasn't me. Was it you? Or are there a lot.of warlicks operating out here?
    How do kill someone with a song? I mean, Mags did an extended drum solo that made me wish I was dead but the Queen refused to take me.

You recognise the tower?"
    Retula studies the drawings, front and back, taking them if possible.

• Advertisement

"Fifteen THOUSAND!?" Therai takes a moment to gather himself. "That should be enough"

"Farewell until I return with the Obelisk Master Toldin"

Therai leaves and heads back to the square and asks around for Rasmop of Krystas.
    He is quickly directed to two mages standing in the front square in blue robes, known as "The Gatekeepers".

Both are bald with eyes of pure glowing white.

"well it wasn't me. Was it you? Or are there a lot.of warlicks operating out here?
    How do kill someone with a song? I mean, Mags did an extended drum solo that made me wish I was dead but the Queen refused to take me.
    "Bards command the universe with their songs, the right notes and tunes and you can sing flame or energy into being"
    You recognise the tower?"
    Retula studies the drawings, front and back, taking them if possible.
    "Yes, it's four miles North of the village"

Tardin and the other dwarves enter the house.

"We were lookin' fer ye lass....who's this handsome women with ye blady?"

Therai approaches the two blue bald wizards "Greetings, I am looking for Rasmop of Krystas. I'm told he is very skilled at identifying potions."

Therai approaches the two blue bald wizards "Greetings, I am looking for Rasmop of Krystas. I'm told he is very skilled at identifying potions."
    "That he is. Stand halfway between us, walk forward nine feet and turn right."

Slightly confused Therai follows their directions.

"Yes, it's four miles North of the village"

Tardin and the other dwarves enter the house.

"We were lookin' fer ye lass....who's this handsome women with ye blady?"

"This is... She doesn't have a name for magicky reasons, call her whatever. So, there's nothing here, let's check the garden and maybe go visit this tower?"

Slightly confused Therai follows their directions.
    Upon turning right, the town suddenly vanishes and Therai stands in a dodechedron made of glass, each face showing a scene from some distant land.

The face on which he stands shows the main market back in Zassan.

Many wizards walk along the faces, it is a bit disorienting to see some standing on the roof. In the center, library shelves floats in mid air, as do the wizards perusing it. One of which floats down to Therai.

"I am Rasmop, you wished to speak to me?"

"This is... She doesn't have a name for magicky reasons, call her whatever. So, there's nothing here, let's check the garden and maybe go visit this tower?"
    "Aye, we'll check the garden fer ye" the dwarves match out.

Witchy turns.

"I'll head to the tower perhaps? Survey it for warding spells"

Therai, awestruck by the scene, doesn't answer for an awkwardly long time then he says "Yes. I found some potions and I'd like to know what they are. I'm told you are the one to see for this"

Therai, awestruck by the scene, doesn't answer for an awkwardly long time then he says "Yes. I found some potions and I'd like to know what they are. I'm told you are the one to see for this"
    "How many in total do you wish me to analyse? My rate is 10GP per bottle."

• Advertisement

"Aye, we'll check the garden fer ye" the dwarves match out.

Witchy turns.

"I'll head to the tower perhaps? Survey it for warding spells"

"You'll stay with us, witchy. Look, I got pasty white skin and there's only 6 of the little guys, I need you for balance."

Check the garden the mount up and head for tower

"You'll stay with us, witchy. Look, I got pasty white skin and there's only 6 of the little guys, I need you for balance."

Check the garden the mount up and head for tower
    Something was ripped from the garden with care, Retula can tell from the traces on the soil that it was some kind of magical herb.

Therai pulls four potions and 40 GP from his pack "Just these for now but I might have more in the future" he hands the potions and gold over.

EDIT: OOC: Three from the birdcage in the lake and one from the pendant in the ant colony

Therai pulls four potions and 40 GP from his pack "Just these for now but I might have more in the future" he hands the potions and gold over.
    Rasmop pours a bit from all four into a small cup, gargles the mixture a bit, then spits it back into the cup.

"Odd. The first potion grants total invisibility for up to four minutes. The second grants immunity to fire for three minutes. The third grants enhanced danger senses (OOC: Improved passive check on traps) for up to ten minutes. The fourth however, I would love to know where you found it. It's elven that's for sure. Shifts you forward in time two minutes."

OOC: Is it one of the birdcage potions or the pendant potion? Is my map a local or world map?

OOC: Is it one of the birdcage potions or the pendant potion? Is my map a local or world map?
    OOC: Pendant. Map is a map of the world.

Therai points at the lake at 46.58+47.57. "There's a sunken temple there. It was in a tower in a forest inside the temple. The temple may or may not have collapsed soon after we left it"

Therai packs away his potions and finds one he (OOC: I mixed that up with the pendant one) forgot about. "Oh here's another potion" he hands it and 10 more GP over.

OOC: The final potion is the one from the cold fire urn.

Something was ripped from the garden with care, Retula can tell from the traces on the soil that it was some kind of magical herb.

Retula grabs a soil sample.
    "Mr H! Hooooooooo!"
    She summons her mount and off they go to the tower

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Retula grabs a soil sample.
    "Mr H! Hooooooooo!"
    She summons her mount and off they go to the tower
    Mags follows on foot after the unicorn noting with admiration it's 5 beat gate.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Kakraaaaw!
    "What's your problem? I thought you said you were a girl?"
    Prrrrk prrrrk!
    "I don't know, I don't look at bird junk as a rule and I'm not about to start now? You can't both be Mr H and your name is the shorter, cooler one"
    Raaaaaaawk!
    "Ah, Lle atara masta ar' lle atar kola lereth, nyano mellar!"

Retula pats the unicorn's neck.
    "So, any chance you can **** out a magic rainbow that the bard can hang on to and we'll drag him along? Since we're chatting... uh.... like your coat is so bright and shiney and.... um... you're a beautiful and unique snowflake but... is there anything you can do to make yourself a little less noticeable, like, maybe camouflage yourself or we could paint you black? Like, with a bitchin' skull or lightning strikes on your sides?"

Advertisement