Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula pats the unicorn's neck.
    "So, any chance you can **** out a magic rainbow that the bard can hang on to and we'll drag him along? Since we're chatting... uh.... like your coat is so bright and shiney and.... um... you're a beautiful and unique snowflake but... is there anything you can do to make yourself a little less noticeable, like, maybe camouflage yourself or we could paint you black? Like, with a bitchin' skull or lightning strikes on your sides?"
    He lights a cigar in his mouth, turning brown.

"I can hide myself from the common folk amigo, but underneath a tiger always has his stripes"

He blows a ring of smoke.

"I am who I am and you are who you are. That's all there is to it. Now let's see about this yonder tower"

Evade wrote: »
    Therai points at the lake at 46.58+47.57. "There's a sunken temple there. It was in a tower in a forest inside the temple. The temple may or may not have collapsed soon after we left it"

Therai packs away his potions and finds one he (OOC: I mixed that up with the pendant one) forgot about. "Oh here's another potion" he hands it and 10 more GP over.

OOC: The final potion is the one from the cold fire urn.
    "Hmmm, mounting an investigation there may be difficult, but I'll add it to the archive..."

He holds his hand to his head while chanting.

"...now, let's see"

He sniffs the potion.

"Converts the consumer to a cold flame elemental for 12 seconds"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

"Thank you for your help. If I find more mysterious potions can I call on your services again?"

Evade wrote: »
    "Thank you for your help. If I find more mysterious potions can I call on your services again?"
    "You have brought some very interesting items, you can always return here....but if you are in desperate need of me...especially if the potion has the potential to be incredibly interesting, take this"

He hands Therai a small vile.

"There's eight uses in that, it'll swap the user's mind with my own and mutate their olfactory organs into a copy of mine. They'll be confused with being in my body for a while, but it only lasts twenty minutes"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    He lights a cigar in his mouth, turning brown.

"I can hide myself from the common folk amigo, but underneath a tiger always has his stripes"

He blows a ring of smoke.

"I am who I am and you are who you are. That's all there is to it. Now let's see about this yonder tower"
    "That settles it, feather face - learn to blow smoke rings or learn to live with *him* being the Mr."

• Advertisement

"That's cool. Thank you."

Therai exits the dodecahedron and heads for the graveyard outside of the town he stayed in the previous night. Upon arriving in the graveyard he finds a secluded corner and looks around for anyone else. Once satisfied the coast is clear he draws his dagger and digs a small hole. He places Twitchy's remains in the hole and refills it. "Bye friend." He leaves the graveyard and heads into town to see if he can find Mags or Retula.

Therai is told by some villagers that Retula and Mags were spotted leaving town with the village witch, heading toward the old tower. He is pointed in the direction of the tower.

"That settles it, feather face - learn to blow smoke rings or learn to live with *him* being the Mr."
    They arrive at the tower three hours later.

Qq5a5B.jpg

A mercenary group seems to have made camp on the opposite side of the tower from which the group approach.

"ok Witchy, now's a good time to check for wards. What do you know about this place?

Hetyaro, do a quick fly-by of those soldiers, find an inconspicuous tree and see if you have time to perch and count 'em?

Dwarves - maybe see if you can throw up a couple of ditches and pallisades, so we can slow em down if they get ornery. "

"It was a hospital of sorts for the oldest race on this island, the Dagrit, of archaeological interest to historians of the area, but nothing more, I thought"

Hetyaro returns with the results of his survey, while Witchy gets to work on the tower. the dwarves begin setting up some ditches.

There are twelve mercenaries in total, two in plate armour.

• Advertisement

Therai heads toward the tower in search of Mags and Retula weighing up the pros and cons of which place to pillage loot appropriate excavate first, the tomb or where the obelisk parts are.

"twelve huh? They got much in the way of archers? I kinda wanna go and say hi...."

Unless Hetyaro saw anything that suggests an approach is fatal, let's be good neighbours - leave the guys to their work and mosey on down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: Is Hetyaro reading of the situation based on an ability roll? Wondering if I can cast "enhance ability" on the bird to perhaps garner some better information.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: Is Hetyaro reading of the situation based on an ability roll? Wondering if I can cast "enhance ability" on the bird to perhaps garner some better information.

OOC : How dare you impune the abilities of my character's pet/bodyguard that may or may not be a living embodiment of her soul! I would guess it's a passive DC, in which case it would have the same stats as a PHB Raven - passive perception 13 when on it's own; but unless under attack or being hindered by some kind of magical force, or the majority of the force were out of sight in a non-obvious hide-away, he/she should have had all the time in the world to check it out, from a literal birds eye view. I'm assuming that if there were scope for a significant portion of the force to be unseen due to some kind of structure(s) that (s)he'd have mentioned it, but (s)he can be a contrary fecker at the best of times.

(This assumes that the new Mordekainen book isn't out yet as apparently that's going to change a few things about both my patron and my race)

Good point though, should have Guidanced her. Forgot I had it, will try not to miss opportunities like that in the future.

(This assumes that the new Mordekainen book isn't out yet as apparently that's going to change a few things about both my patron and my race)
    OOC: It's out on Friday in physical shops and the end of the month online but most of the big changes will be posted on reddit etc on Friday.

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: Depends, sometimes passive test. Sometimes simply "logic", i.e. he simply flies up and sees all the details.

"twelve huh? They got much in the way of archers? I kinda wanna go and say hi...."

Unless Hetyaro saw anything that suggests an approach is fatal, let's be good neighbours - leave the guys to their work and mosey on down.
    Approaching the tower, Retula spots four individuals digging a hole about four meters from the door. All of them are Dragonborn, red of skin.

They haven't noticed Retula yet.

Stopping an unthreatening distance away, and taking a quick look at how they might be armed, she calls "Hey guys! Whatcha diggin?"

(Ooc : should red be setting off alarm bells? Player knowledge not found)

The dragonborn look up at Retula.

"Greetings....elf? human?" they look at each other "Humanoid...we're trying to get into the tower, you here for the same?"

"Humanoid is close enough i guess.

Dunno about the tower, I'm just kinda looking for someone went missing. What's in there?

Anything interesting? Looks kinda fancy, like the purposers built it.

How is digging going to get you all the way up there?"

• Advertisement

"We're trying to get into an old treasure store beneath, but the tower's foundations are enchanted we can't dig through. A contact told us that ye can't enter the chamber we're after from the rest of the tower, so we haven't bothered going in"

Therai appears out of the jungle, spotting Mags and Witchy.

"contacts! Treasures! Sounds exciting! What kind of treasure? You don't look like youre in the market for gnarly old books or wands, you seem more the gold and cow-sized axe type. Ooh ooh Who's your contact?

But look, I don't want to tread on any toes, you got here first. If you don't care about upstairs mind if I take a look? If I can help break in downstairs from inside ill let you know?"

"Yeah, just plain old coin is what we're after and some fancy metalwork. Sure go ahead, though if ye try to get in there without us, or we see much gold on you..."

He makes the throat slitting gesture with his thumb.

Fourier wrote: »
    "Yeah, just plain old coin is what we're after and some fancy metalwork. Sure go ahead, though if ye try to get in there without us, or we see much gold on you..."

He makes the throat slitting gesture with his thumb.

"Is that a threat or a come-on? To be honest, they're the same thing where I come from, I'm just trying to wrap my purty cueball head around how you guys do things on this plane.

Ok, see ya later. Oh, and if you see a girl walking around with a reeeeally dangerous voice, call me?"

Raven on shoulder, she slowly approaches the tower, tryjng to sense any magical or physical protections it might have.

(Identify can't be used for this kind of thing can it?)

Sensing no magical properties to the door, Retula enters into the interior, which is mostly overgrown with plants, with some remains of statuary and the fire place still visible in places. The walls are an expensive marble, obviously the family had significant wealth.

To the West is a badly damaged set of mahogany stairs, to the East a thick set of double doors and to the North a gap in the wall.

She checks what races / animal / culture the statuary reflect, and whether the plants look like what was growing outside or something different. Then she has a look at the gap.

She checks what races / animal / culture the statuary reflect, and whether the plants look like what was growing outside or something different. Then she has a look at the gap.
    The plants look to fit the temperate climate of the village, more than the jungle of the island interior in which it sits.

The culture is a very early human one, judging from some pieces of writing evident on the odd statue, from a period where humans still didn't write their own languages, only the fragment of Elvish that had been taught to them.

Through the gap is a long drop into a cavern system below, though vines can be seen whipping about just above where it becomes too dark to see.

She whistles, then goes to check out the damaged doors

• Advertisement

The doors have a hole in them large enough to see through to some kind of animal shed behind them with four holding pens.

Advertisement