Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : so 4.5 miles to Zhulugal. Easy enough on horseback. To Osinzir!

"Hi ho, Humphalgrumps! Wait,is that in bad taste after we murdered those dwarves? Awaaaaaay!"
    Mr. H rides swiftly to Osinzir, the royal capital of the nation of the same name. It is a surprisingly small city outside of the royal palace which is a five-thousand room monstrosity. Over head boats travel daily to Fourion Prime's seven moons.

A small artificial sun floats over the city.

RYBAUl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Ok, we don't know where we are, what we're looking for or what we'll do with it if we find it. This will be a cool breeze over the mountains. Hetyaro, eyes and ears : merculins townhouse. It's not the palace which narrows things down considerably. Go! Mr H, look charming - let's see if we can chat up some locals."

Hetyaro flies along statues to former royalty along the main bridge into the palace, then past it to the small number of buildings on the other side of the hills.

Luckily enough a small sign in both Osinzite and Common indicates the townhouses location.

He flies back to Retula. Up the rope gondolas, onto the big bridge, around the palace, then left, right, right.

"a rope what? Ok lead on"
    And off she goes

The arrive at a set of gondolas attached to one of the bridge towers. Blue dragons seated at the top of the bridge heft the gondolas up with ropes attached to their tales.

15GP to ascend, a steep enough price.

• Advertisement

"Hetyaro. See these things?"
    She runs two gp together.
    "They don't grow on trees. Well, not any I've seen. Point is, you could have warned me about this. Find me another way around!"

(Ooc : what's it a bridge over?)

Banjo wrote: »
    "Hetyaro. See these things?"
    She runs two gp together.
    "They don't grow on trees. Well, not any I've seen. Point is, you could have warned me about this. Find me another way around!"

(Ooc : what's it a bridge over?)
    OOC: A paddy field and peasant houses, it connects two hills, one with the palace on it.

Ooc : Feck it, we're in a hurry. We can trudge the field on the way back. But if I ever hit level 6 this bridge is getting strafed....

Retula grudgingly coughs up the fee

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags, after tromping through the undergrowth for hours on end settles down to rest, recuperate and eat some rations. The song is still to be heard but he seems no closer to it yet. As he eats he ponders the possibility of climbing a tree to see over the canopy.

OOC: I is bak! Waves to all. Who's dead, who's new?
    Climbing on top of the tree, Mags spots a portal. A beautiful soft koto melody plays, in sync with ripples over the portal's spherical surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags notes the direction of the portal and descends back down the tree towards the ground. Along the climb he sees a vine hanging conveniently. From his throat issues a long deep warbling cry...

Tarzan_yell_in_LilyPond.png
    The victory cry of a bull ape as portrayed by Johnny Weissmuller.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

The portal hums slightly in response, a superposed harmony over its main song.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Like dropping stones into a still pool Mags beats rhythms just to watch the portal react as he approaches. Taking an influence from the koto music he plays a series of bans and yans* to the same meter. Pleased with the resulting harmonics and the symmetry of the ripples Mags steps into the portal with nary a worry.

*Chinese "beats" and "eyes" used as music time measures.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement