Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »

She clicks her fingers.

A colossal snake appears with her sitting cross legged atop it.

"One moment"

She clicks her fingers again and her house shrinks to the size of a fist, encased in a snow globe, which the snake wraps its tail around and places in her bag.

"The backroom houses a demiplane where I can speak to my master, don't want an innocent coming across that."

Retula looks askance at Hetyaro. "don't you say a ****ing word!" She scowls.
    "Ok Betty, let's head back to town!" She Spurs her big gay mount back towards town and heads for the jewellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula looks askance at Hetyaro. "don't you say a ****ing word!" She scowls.
    "Ok Betty, let's head back to town!" She Spurs her big gay mount back towards town and heads for the jewellers.
    Bramal looks up.

"Oh, Swamp Witch, I've never seen you here before. Shadar Kai, good to see you once more."

"Morning! ok, deals a deal, the guys should have delivered their sapphires by now so I'll give you the last one and you give me the remaining 1500, and we all leave happy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Evade

"I have other business to attend to and need to discuss this expedition with my traveling companion but I will stop in to let you know when were heading out. Until then."

If it's not too late in the day Therai will head off in search off to Carnea in search of the magic college.

Evade wrote: »
    "I have other business to attend to and need to discuss this expedition with my traveling companion but I will stop in to let you know when were heading out. Until then."

If it's not too late in the day Therai will head off in search off to Carnea in search of the magic college.
    The road to Carnea is quite well maintained with heavy enough cart traffic. Therai could try to walk it or hitch a lift.

OOC: Hitching a lift is a Charisma check, Target 10

• Advertisement

"Morning! ok, deals a deal, the guys should have delivered their sapphires by now so I'll give you the last one and you give me the remaining 1500, and we all leave happy!"
    "Seems fair."

He hands out the money.

"Good luck"

The road to Carnea is quite well maintained with heavy enough cart traffic. Therai could try to walk it or hitch a lift.

OOC: Hitching a lift is a Charisma check, Target 10
    Therai starts walking down the road to Carnea unsuccessfully trying to get the attention of the passing wagons and carts.

OOC: Charisma roll was 5

Therai starts walking down the road to Carnea unsuccessfully trying to get the attention of the passing wagons and carts.

OOC: Charisma roll was 5
    Therai walks the road quick enough to reach reach Carnea around midday.

The city itself is really more a collection of fifteen walled fortified towns hugging the coast, with a harbour between each of them. Unusually enough Therai sees a few other Tieflings walking some of the roads between the town.

Out at sea a lighthouse is burning a flame that shifts colour every few seconds.

hNGcWr.jpg

Therai takes in the view for a few moments and then approaches one of the Tieflings and says "Greetings. Do you happen know which way the wizard school is?"

"Seems fair."

He hands out the money.

"Good luck"

Retula heads outside, jangling her coinage.
    "Ok witchypoos, what do we do about finding your singing healer?"

• Advertisement

Therai takes in the view for a few moments and then approaches one of the Tieflings and says "Greetings. Do you happen know which way the wizard school is?"
    "Walk with me young one" the elderly Tiefling says leading him to the harbour beach.

"Fourth town there, Illius, it houses the collegium, in the town square, should be representatives nearby who can grant you entry, the collegium exists in its own realm ye see."

Retula heads outside, jangling her coinage.
    "Ok witchypoos, what do we do about finding your singing healer?"
    "I'd suggest we search her house and where she used to go foraging."

Retula spots Mags out in the square.

"ok, let's check her house first. But if she's there this is the worst mystery ever!

Hey drummer boy! We're gonna go track down a missing musician! Wanna come? She might let you strum her lute!"

"Thanks for the information but before I go I have to ask, why are there so many Tieflings here? It's pretty rare where I'm from, only one or two every few generations."

Mags heads off with the witch and Retula.

They arrive at the bard's house, the back garden half extending into the forest that surrounds the town.

The house itself is a beautiful green and obviously well maintained with fresh paint.

"I hope she's alright" the witch says "a kind young woman"

OOC: Just autopiloting Mags while OldGoat is off.

"Thanks for the information but before I go I have to ask, why are there so many Tieflings here? It's pretty rare where I'm from, only one or two every few generations."
    "This entire area used to be devil worshipers. Some of our ancestors even entered the hell planes to fight for this or that hell lord. A long time ago now, but we've enough devil in our blood that it comes through quite often."

"Oh, interesting. Thanks again for the help" Therai heads off to the square in Illius. After a dozen or so steps he turns around "my name's Therai by the way."

"Oh, interesting. Thanks again for the help" Therai heads off to the square in Illius. After a dozen or so steps he turns around "my name's Therai by the way."
    "Gosprey" the old man replies, handing Therai a fruit from one of the Hell planes.

"Don't know if you've ever had any, but they're bitter enough. Go see Toldin in Illius if you're looking for work. You look the adventuring sort."

He heads off.

Therai heads for the square munching on the Devil Fruit and once he gets there he asks around for Toldin.

A dwarf, sweating in the heat, answers.

"Aye, he's in the hermitage up the cliff face there" he points to a small blue house high up on the cliff face.

"I'd be careful with them devil fruits lad, know a chap from a town down the coast, ate one that had a curse and turned 'im into a rubber man"

• Advertisement

Mags heads off with the witch and Retula.

They arrive at the bard's house, the back garden half extending into the forest that surrounds the town.

The house itself is a beautiful green and obviously well maintained with fresh paint.

"I hope she's alright" the witch says "a kind young woman"

OOC: Just autopiloting Mags while OldGoat is off.

Retula looks for an open door or window. Check for traps then send the Raven to look in through any upstairs windows if there are any.

"Mr H, is that horn just for show or can you mess up anyone who tried to surprise us?"

"Thanks for the warning" Therai heads off to the house on the cliff.

OOC: I had typed and then deleted Therai hoping his limbs don't get all stretchy after eating the fruit.

"Thanks for the warning" Therai heads off to the house on the cliff.

OOC: I had typed and then deleted Therai hoping his limbs don't get all stretchy after eating the fruit.
    The ascent up the slope is tiring, but Therai reaches the house within about half and hour or so.

He can see ships all the way to the horizon from the view the house enjoys.

The blue house seems to be a small shrine, at least from the offerings outside it. A faint magical presence can be felt within.

Retula looks for an open door or window. Check for traps then send the Raven to look in through any upstairs windows if there are any.

"Mr H, is that horn just for show or can you mess up anyone who tried to surprise us?"
    "Any hombre messes with us, he'll be wishin' he didn't cross me" the unicorn replies.

Hetyaro flies in the upstairs window and sees that the bedroom is trashed, possibly signs of a recent fight.

Therai knocks on the door an says "Hello? Master Toldin? Gosprey told me you might be looking for some help."

"Any hombre messes with us, he'll be wishin' he didn't cross me" the unicorn replies.

Hetyaro flies in the upstairs window and sees that the bedroom is trashed, possibly signs of a recent fight.

Trying the front door so.

Therai knocks on the door an says "Hello? Master Toldin? Gosprey told me you might be looking for some help."
    "Come in boy"

He unbolts the latch and opens the door to what is indeed a small shrine. Hand painted images of a jungle goddess lining the floors and walls, with chalk drawings of the same figure on the ceilings.

Toldin himself is an elderly human man, dressed in a purple robe with interlocking silver necklaces on his person.

Up close Therai can tell the magic is divine, the man is a cleric.

"I do indeed have need of your sort boy and the pay is very good. I assume the possibility of death is no issue?"

"That depends greatly on how much of a possibility death is. What's the job?"

"That depends greatly on how much of a possibility death is. What's the job?"
    "Deep in the interior of the island, lies an old obelisk, the culmination of research by the collegium's predecessors, the Circle of the Four, a long extinct magical order. I know not what it does, just that the collegium will pay well for its return.

Nobody knows where it resides, but I have the first clue that would guide someone there."

• Advertisement

Trying the front door so.
    Entering the house, Retula feels a faint chill. This quickly fades. The downstairs is a single large room, a combination kitchen and sitting room, with soil for flooring.

There are no stairs, simply a rope dangling through a hole in the roof at one point.

Advertisement