Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options
  • 30-04-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Therai, Retula, Mags and the dwarves fall a foot or two onto soft soil dense with foliage. Massive trees surround them and cacophony of birds can be heard in every direction. The sun is almost blotted out by the thick covering of the tree tops, but is clear enough to tell the cardinal direction.

"So where is this then?" the lead dwarf asks.

OOC: You are all Level Three

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: You are all Level Three
    OOC: METAMAGIC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"ow!"
    Retula falls awkwardly with a thump, rolling and spilling some of the contents of her pack. Swallowing her embarrassment she sends her raven above the tree tops for a recce while she gathers up her gear. Everything seems to be there but she finds a book she doesn't remember picking up - a heavy tome bound in small bones and pressed feathers. Forgetting herself she sits cross-legged and starts flicking through the pages.

Ooc : tldr pact of the tome please

Therai gets up, dusts himself off, and quickly looks around for any giant ants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Large animals can be heard moving in the jungle, but no ants are nearby.

Ooc : roughly what time would it be? Also, recalling raven for his report

• Advertisement

It seems to be just after noon in the jungle. Hetyaro descends to Retula's shoulder, informing her that several dinosaurs roam the jungle, in addition to colossal snakes and crocodiles lurking near water edges.

"well, I've never had much of a head for geography - we got trees, dinosaurs, crocodiles, giant snakes.... Sound like anywhere you guys know?

We should probably head out before any bugs come looking. Which direction has the fewest giant death beasts, ai mellon?"
    (That last bit directed at the raven)

"West" comes Hetyaro's answer. The voice drills into everybody's skull, disorienting them, even giving Mags vertigo. One of the dwarves throws up.

Banjo wrote: »
    "well, I've never had much of a head for geography - we got trees, dinosaurs, crocodiles, giant snakes.... Sound like anywhere you guys know?
    "There were dinosaurs in the desert and I think there was a jungle close to the Temple of Bandylegs on the map. So maybe we're not too far away from where we started. Did the bird see any obvious trails?"

"ask him yourself, I don't want anyone else barfing. Now we're *definitely* moving out before we settle down. Gross!

What's going on with you, feather face? Singing in 3 voices, puke-shouting at dwarves.. you ok?"

She begins wandering west, eyes open for danger, food (outlander) or interesting herbs.

• Advertisement

"I'd rather not talk directly to the magic bird" Therai starts to follow Retula keeping a watch for anything with lots of sharp teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    "West" comes Hetyaro's answer. The voice drills into everybody's skull, disorienting them, even giving Mags vertigo. One of the dwarves throws up.
    "What the...what was that?. Oh gods I don't feel well, think I'm gonna puke too."

OOC: How are we (and the dwarves) doing on health. Don't know about others but I'd like to reset my magics with a rest. Quick overnight camp and head out in the morning?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OOC: Since we're level three do we get our new HP/abilities now or do we have to wait until we finish a long rest? Either way we should all be pretty good on health the ants didn't get many hits on the Dwarves.

OOC : I have one of my 2 spell slots, 3 new cantrips to choose, one of my daily powers still in the bank and full health. Also, it's only mid-day, there's puke on the ground and if any ants follow us we're right where they'll land. We should try to put a little distance in before nightfall. With the Dwarves as a frontline we should hopefully be ok.

OOC: naaa ah ahh. I have access to new higher level spells but without an overnighter I'm not gonna get them. I demand a campfire. Remember the old Final Fantasy adage, Never pass up a save game point. :cool:

3 new cantrips to choose
    OOC: It's one cantrip and not until level four. The cantrips column on the table is the total number you know.

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: It's one cantrip and not until level four. The cantrips column on the table is the total number you know.

OOC : Pact of the Tome, motherfather! I can pick 3 cantrips from any school, and they use my spellcasting stat. Actually, you seem to know your stuff, any chance of a quick chat about this in the OT / recruitment thread?

OOC : Pact of the Tome, motherfather!
    OOC: Sorry, forgot about that. Have a look at Guidance.

EDIT: Yeah, ask away

OOC: Since we're level three do we get our new HP/abilities now or do we have to wait until we finish a long rest? Either way we should all be pretty good on health the ants didn't get many hits on the Dwarves.
    OOC: Now if you wish.

She begins wandering west, eyes open for danger, food (outlander) or interesting herbs.
    She walks about forty feet before a snake as wide as an elephant is tall owers through the undergrowth. As its huge eye passes it turns and looks at her, but having little interest in such a small meal, it passes on.

• Advertisement

"this is the safe route???" She flicks the raven's claw. "Go see if you can see like a cave or a big tree or something we could aim for to camp?"
    She taps her feet while she waits for the snake to go by.

"Should we ride on his back? Might be hella kinda cool!"

Hetyaro takes off. Shortly he returns, but remains hovering above Retula, indicating her to follow.

OOC: Hetyaro gender switch! :D

"you can hover?

YOU'RE A GIRL???

Woah.....

Ok lead on, ai seler' "
    She follows dutifully

Hetyaro leads them to the nest of a Spinosaurus and its six chicks and lands inside.

The massive Spinosaurus simply looks up briefly at Retula, before falling back asleep.

Mags takes a turn on watch, noms a couple of rations packs with anyone still awake, studies his spell books and his armourer book.
    Then he curls up with the baby dinos to sleep.
    He dreams of swinging on tree vines.

OOC: Spells for the day
    Lvl 1
    Hideous Laughter
    Healing word
    Thunderwave
    Bane

Lvl 2
    Lesser Restoration
    Enhance ability

Therai ducks some rations and checks through his pack. On seeing his growing collection of mysterious potion he turns to the Dwarves "Do any of you know where I could find a book-sorcerer?"

Retula looks at the mama-saur and her meat-compatible teeth.
    She looks at the 6 chicks
    She looks at the 6 dwarfs.
    "Hetyaro, who's side are you on?" she inquires.

Looking through the fruits of her foraging, she separates any fish or small game that would suit the chicks, then divvies up the rest to her companions to suppliment rations.

Munching on an <insert jungle fruit here> she settles down for a read of her new book and to meditate. Hetyaro will keep watch. Or else.

(Swapped Devil Sight for Book of Ancient Secrets. Currently reading up on Identify and Find Familiar)

Therai ducks some rations and checks through his pack. On seeing his growing collection of mysterious potion he turns to the Dwarves "Do any of you know where I could find a book-sorcerer?"
    "Aye, we have the odd wizard amongst our race now, should be easy enough to get one provided we can find a settlement."

"WIZARD! I knew there was a proper word for them that I couldn't think of"

• Advertisement

While Mags is snoring, Retula finishes her meditation and begins poring over the scrolls she recovered from the aquatic vivimantorium.

Advertisement