Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    ok i'll have the master crafted rapier and a single handed crossbow and i'll leave this elven light crossbow with you so that works out at 90 gp here you go good sir
    i assume you will throw in 20 bolts with the bow ?
    i smile as only a Drow with the blood of 70 years of killing in pitch dark stenching places can smile.
    The deal proceeds faster than the poor shopkeep can follow.

"Eh....yes em, seems fair."

Home of the Nameless and Countless:
    Evade wrote: »
    Therai heads off to the house of the nameless and countless.
    Therai arrives at the main city temple, a fairly austere affair with a large open room of white marble, in the middle of which burns a powerful red flame with little rivers of sand orbiting it. One of the priests walks over.

"Here as a pilgrim to the flame or something else? The flame does not judge any by their race Master Tiefling."

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric nods and makes his leave, and asks the guards to point him in the direction the other elf took.
    Sarric arrives at the weapons shop seeing Rhiggy equipped with fancy new gear.

Banjo wrote: »
    Bored of waiting for a response, Retula leaves and tried to find a corner of this cesspool where she can meditate.
    Only now does the bird speak.

"RAAAWWKK, I'd avoid going in the front door of the immortal's house. The red sand will kill one of you, make sure it is not you little one."

OldGoat wrote: »
    Can I buy some leather working tools and a bit of advice on how to use them please. I can practice making my armour while I'm on the road. Any recommended texts?"

Later I head to the inn in search of other bards to swap gossip, songs and local information.*
    "That's an interesting challenge my friend, with a magical purpose behind it I imagine. There was bard once...."

He shares with Mags the tell of Kettle Jonathon, a bard from the North who wore tin pots on which he banged out music in harmony with the spheres of power. Getting up to speed on what Mags already knows, he teaches him a bit about armour modification that is new to him. Furthermore he points him to Whistling Zhak in the Whaler's Inn, who has most of the lore on Jonathon.

Mags heads to the Whaler's Inn to meet with Zhak and other bards, swapping stories and songs and gaining a book to aid him in his chosen musical form, Jonathon's magnum opus 'Playing oneself".

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Seeing as everyone is getting their share out of you, mister, how's about a decent advance on my salary. An elf like myself has certain... requirements.'
    OOC: Persuasion roll

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Persuasion roll

OOC: Natural 18 plus I have proficiency

'Seeing as everyone is getting their share out of you, mister, how's about a decent advance on my salary. An elf like myself has certain... requirements.'
    Taken in Fargadras's Wood Elven accent and charming mannerisms he acquiesces.

"Alright, but only 70GP"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras smiles.

'Thankee kind sir!'

He skips out of the council chambers and heads for North Stagian Street first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

"Here as a pilgrim to the flame or something else? The flame does not judge any by their race Master Tiefling."
    Therai attempts his best mannerly behaviour, "Greetings Acolyte. I and some... allies(?) have been given a number of tasks by the city council, not the least of them is showing a group on newcomers to the area the virtues of the deities worshipped here and I... um... I'd like to know what those virtues are. Is there a book I could study while on the road with the panteheon's like, dislikes, and histories? Any gods of weather or storms in particular."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Only now does the bird speak.

"RAAAWWKK, I'd avoid going in the front door of the immortal's house. The red sand will kill one of you, make sure it is not you little one."

She bows her head, muttering "as you have ordained, so shall it be." After a short rest (tm) she stretches her legs and makes her way to the guards outside the council chambers to ask for directions to where the equipment and animals are waiting.

Therai attempts his best mannerly behaviour, "Greetings Acolyte. I and some... allies(?) have been given a number of tasks by the city council, not the least of them is showing a group on newcomers to the area the virtues of the deities worshipped here and I... um... I'd like to know what those virtues are. Is there a book I could study while on the road with the panteheon's like, dislikes, and histories? Any gods of weather or storms in particular."
    "How wonderful of you to attempt this task. There is one book, let me ask brother Samuk..."

He speaks to another monk and walks off, later returning would a book as large as a man's torso.

"Perhaps not the most portable, but the most comprehensive. The tome of Bakabar. The desert's major storm god is Akulum, you'll find him on page 456. Is this sufficient?" he asks with a smile on his face.

Fargadras smiles.

'Thankee kind sir!'

He skips out of the council chambers and heads for North Stagian Street first.
    Fargadras wanders the street up and down until he sees an unassuming old cobbler's shop that says its closed with people of all ages going in and out. Thieves Guild or his name wasn't Fargadras.

She bows her head, muttering "as you have ordained, so shall it be." After a short rest (tm) she stretches her legs and makes her way to the guards outside the council chambers to ask for directions to where the equipment and animals are waiting.
    The guards point Retula to the northern gate where the pack animals have been loaded. For Sarric in particular one horse is laden with spices.

They've been given a horse each, as well as two camels for the group.

Fargadras wanders the street up and down until he sees an unassuming old cobbler's shop that says its closed with people of all ages going in and out. Thieves Guild or his name wasn't Fargadras.

Fargadras slips inside the shop and takes a look around.

The guards point Retula to the northern gate where the pack animals have been loaded. For Sarric in particular one horse is laden with spices.

They've been given a horse each, as well as two camels for the group.

She does a quick perception to see which horse looks healthiest and fastest and dibses it

Fargadras slips inside the shop and takes a look around.
    Within there is an old gnome with a group of about ten younger individuals of various races.

She looks Fargadras up and down.

"Wood Elf, and an experienced enough thief, though with much to learn. Why are ye here my boy?"

She does a quick perception to see which horse looks healthiest and fastest and dibses it
    Each horse is shockingly more identical than the last.

"How wonderful of you to attempt this task. There is one book, let me ask brother Samuk..."

He speaks to another monk and walks off, later returning would a book as large as a man's torso.

"Perhaps not the most portable, but the most comprehensive. The tome of Bakabar. The desert's major storm god is Akulum, you'll find him on page 456. Is this sufficient?" he asks with a smile on his face.
    "That's... great, thank you. I'll return it unscathed once my job is done." Therai takes the oversized book, bows slightly to the monk, and leaves while thinking to himself, "I hope it's not one of those small print books."

Therai returns to the area the council building is in to look for his cohorts as he's just remembered he's made no plans as to where to meet up with them before he left.

Within there is an old gnome with a group of about ten younger individuals of various races.

She looks Fargadras up and down.

"Wood Elf, and an experienced enough thief, though with much to learn. Why are ye here my boy?"

Fargadras takes out the diary with the gem in it.

'I acquired this and was looking to sell it. Fair price now, I've had it valued!'

He then takes out his thieves tools.

'Also if I could have these refined and honed, I can pay.'

• Advertisement

Clearly in for another short rest, Retula looks for someone to hex. Or maybe there's some paint drying somewhere?

Therai returns to the area the council building is in to look for his cohorts as he's just remembered he's made no plans as to where to meet up with them before he left.
    The guards point him in the direction of the Northern Gates, where he meets with Retula.

'I acquired this and was looking to sell it. Fair price now, I've had it valued!'
    'Also if I could have these refined and honed, I can pay.'
    "All in all, you'll get your tools repaired and 30GP left over, that okay with you?"

The guards point him in the direction of the Northern Gates, where he meets with Retula.
    Therai heads for the Northern Gate and waits for the rest of the party to assemble.

Prrrruk prrrruk prrrruk
    "I know, right?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Therai heads for the Northern Gate and waits for the rest of the party to assemble.

I hesd to the gate and meditate

OOC: Just Sarric, Mags to get to the gates. I'll move Digi's character on once they're here and we can head out. Just need to decide where ye're going.

"All in all, you'll get your tools repaired and 30GP left over, that okay with you?"

Fargadras shrugs.

'Fine by me. I mean refined tools though, not simply fixed. Make sure it is done and you have a deal.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric arrives at the weapons shop seeing Rhiggy equipped with fancy new gear.
    "Hello there Sir, I'd like to accompany you on the task for sir minister, but I know not what to call you. I go by Sarric or Nobby."

Sarric addresses the smithy, "I wonder sir, would you be able to point me in the direction off where i could acquire a master crafted longsword."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    "Hello there Sir, I'd like to accompany you on the task for sir minister, but I know not what to call you. I go by Sarric or Nobby."

Sarric addresses the smithy, "I wonder sir, would you be able to point me in the direction off where i could acquire a master crafted longsword."

Yonder buck has decent finesse weaponary
    I pull my Mc rapier and flick it around a bit
    I’m happy enough
    You ok for gold ?

Advertisement