Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Tigger wrote: »
    Yonder buck has decent finesse weaponary
    I pull my Mc rapier and flick it around a bit
    I’m happy enough
    You ok for gold ?

"Sweet looking blade, I should have enough for all I'm looking for, thanks for the concern"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags arrives at the gate, slightly tippsy and then sees the camels. Having never seen one before he crys in anguish at the sight of the mutated horses. When it's explained to him he vows to compose an ode to the wonder that is the camel.

He then selects a horse for himself because, wondrous as camels are they are still mean tempered and malodorous. He mounts the horse and promptly dozes in the saddle.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

sKeith wrote: »
    "Hello there Sir, I'd like to accompany you on the task for sir minister, but I know not what to call you. I go by Sarric or Nobby."

Sarric addresses the smithy, "I wonder sir, would you be able to point me in the direction off where i could acquire a master crafted longsword."

OOC: seems i may be trailing behind, so i'll try to make instructions which should get me to the gate.

OOC: If smithy ( Albudwin's owner ) has a master crafted Longsword, i purchase and trade in my shortsword. if he points me to some other establishment, i go there and do same. when i have my new sword i go to gate and join others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

OOC: seems i may be trailing behind, so i'll try to make instructions which should get me to the gate.

OOC: If smithy ( Albudwin's owner ) has a master crafted Longsword, i purchase and trade in my shortsword. if he points me to some other establishment, i go there and do same. when i have my new sword i go to gate and join others.

Ook
    Master crafted dosent exist in 5e
    Like my blade is fancy butvibdintvthibk it works any better

Ook
    Master crafted dosent exist in 5e
    Like my blade is fancy butvibdintvthibk it works any better

OOC: don't really mind paying more for flavor if thats the case ;)
    ( upgrade from short to long is the aim, will pay more if it gets me better weapon, don't have much else to spend money on, so will even just buy flavorsome cool longsword )

• Advertisement

OOC: don't really mind paying more for flavor if thats the case ;)
    ( upgrade from short to long is the aim, will pay more if it gets me better weapon, don't have much else to spend money on, so will even just buy flavorsome cool longsword )

Ook yeah that’s what I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The smithy produces a longsword for Sarric.

"She was forged over a hundred years ago, the ruby in the handle makes her a bit more effective against the lizardmen we've seen recently in the desert.

With the swap, she'll be 10GP overall"

Sarric leaves and arrives at the gates.

OOC: Okay everybody there, just decide where you are going.

Sarric examines the bags of spices and estimates how many lbs there is.

Then he addresses the gathering of adventurers.

"So, we've been told there was 3 odd requests.

1st
    North
    old 'mostly' abandoned city
    passing merchant caravans being attacked.
    Spices robbed and traders bodies mutilated.
    Stop the attacks on the caravans from happening.

2nd
    NorthEast
    Void galleon
    UFOs praying to UFO Gods.
    Remove the UFO gods

and the 3rd
    North East
    Othegregrad
    Rogue Vampire in canyon 30 miles from Othergrad.
    Execute the Rogue Vampire

Then fungi payment over here asks about a 4th, and we get one.
    South
    Not so dangerous.
    A tower has appeared in the jungle to the south with a big ass boulder sized jewel atop it.
    clairvoyants want it gone.

So, first question, north or south, I suppose we could quickly do the one to the south first, then head north to do the other jobs after.

Anyone else want to pipe in? "

Sarric examines the bags of spices and estimates how many lbs there is.

Then he addresses the gathering of adventurers.

"So, we've been told there was 3 odd requests.

1st
    North
    old 'mostly' abandoned city
    passing merchant caravans being attacked.
    Spices robbed and traders bodies mutilated.
    Stop the attacks on the caravans from happening.

2nd
    NorthEast
    Void galleon
    UFOs praying to UFO Gods.
    Remove the UFO gods

and the 3rd
    North East
    Othegregrad
    Rogue Vampire in canyon 30 miles from Othergrad.
    Execute the Rogue Vampire

Then fungi payment over here asks about a 4th, and we get one.
    South
    Not so dangerous.
    A tower has appeared in the jungle to the south with a big ass boulder sized jewel atop it.
    clairvoyants want it gone.

So, first question, north or south, I suppose we could quickly do the one to the south first, then head north to do the other jobs after.

Anyone else want to pipe in? "

I think we should kill the rogue vampire first.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras appears in a hurry, his thieves tools now tucked away in his belt again.

'I don't know about you folks, but that jewel sounds very tempting. The councilman told me it was the size of a boulder! Imagine the coin it would bring us if we rolled it back to Zassan!'

He looks at Rhiggy talking about the vampire.

'Always about the killing and enslaving with you drow - why can't you have some fun? If you REALLY want to kill the vampire first... fine, I suppose. But then can we go to the boulder sized gem? I see much coin in our future!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula jumps to her feet, delighted something might actually happen, maybe, at some point in the nearish future. "right on! I know the old grundy said that the rogue vampire was the most dangerous task but so what! Should weed out the chaff. Who wants to live forever? Well, obviously the vampire does but you know what I mean and anyway Their end is long overdue."

Sarric takes note, rapier wants to slay vampires, birdie will accompany too, coinman will come too, but his heart ain't in it. So that's four of us so far.
    "I count four so far in agreement to go vampire slaying. Anybody know how to get to this Ortegrad, wasn't someone suppose to convince those guards to come with us? They have nice red shirts on. "

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras looks at Sarric.

'Leave that to me!'

He skips up to the guardsmen.

'Councilman in the chambers said you guys weren't brave enough to come with us vampire hunting. I said you'd like the chance to prove him wrong - care to join us?'

OOC: Rolled a 20 on rolz, just in case it was required :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭Evade

Necrominus wrote: »
    'I don't know about you folks, but that jewel sounds very tempting. The councilman told me it was the size of a boulder! Imagine the coin it would bring us if we rolled it back to Zassan!'
    Therai pipes up "Maybe we should do that last so once we're done we can live like kings. I wouldn't mind tackling the vampire first and I've got three quarters,no three fifths, of a plan for dealing with the new arrivals"

Evade wrote: »
    Therai pipes up "Maybe we should do that last so once we're done we can live like kings. I wouldn't mind tackling the vampire first and I've got three quarters,no three fifths, of a plan for dealing with the new arrivals"

Sarric addresses 60%, "What new arrivals are you on about?"

'Councilman in the chambers said you guys weren't brave enough to come with us vampire hunting. I said you'd like the chance to prove him wrong - care to join us?'

OOC: Rolled a 20 on rolz, just in case it was required
    Something about the Elf's manner makes them more than sure this came straight from the councilman.

"Not brave enough....my arse, born and bred in Zassan, like my father and grandfather before me, me family has been here ever since the Battle of the Bay. We'll prove our bravery. RIGHT LADS?"

The rest cheer and march off with Fargadras.

OOC: Yay! How many guardsmen do we have now?

Fargadras skips back in between the hefty guardsmen and winks at Zhiggy and Sarric.

'Told you I'd sort it'

He then turns to Therai.

'Perhaps you are correct. Although the allure of that boulder sized gem...'

Fargadras drifts off mid sentence dreaming of all the coin it would be worth.

GD1Bty.jpg
    OOC: The Vampire Canyon is the little brown square, Zassan the city on the bottom left (41.62). Ye travel at two hexes a day (24 miles) at normal pace, at fast paced three hexes. If you ride fast though you've a -5 to noticing threats.

I will let Retula choose the hex path each day unless there are objections, as she has the best stats for it.

OOC: Yay! How many guardsmen do we have now?
    OOC: Six.

D&D extended to 22.00 tonight.

Sarric addresses 60%, "What new arrivals are you on about?"
    "The ones that came in the void galleon."

OOC: No objections to following Retulia

• Advertisement

Brú Tríom comes running up and rolls dexterously into his horse's saddle.

"Is it too late to buy some garlic?"
    Mags starts to rap a military march in his leather thigh armour. "Rightho, off we go, step in time lads, step in time."

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags starts to rap a military march in his leather thigh armour. "Rightho, off we go, step in time lads, step in time."

Fargadras daintly skips behind Mags, enjoying the little beat being played.

'Uh... should we not go by horseback? As much as I enjoy the tune... it could take many days more than we probably have time for.'

Can we mount up and roll out ?

OldGoat wrote: »

Sarric marches to the beat.

Therai marches off too.

I heal my horse and set off in some vague direction trusting to others to know North from South as the guardsmen fall into step behind the horses & camels. "Hope those lads brought food and shelter for themselves."

Journey to Vampiric Canyon, Day One:

OOC: There's really only one path, so I'll just go ahead with it.

The group ride out over the desert, initially passing through a series of small hamlets that encircle Zassan, until coming out into the deseret proper. On the way they pass giant worms cresting through the dunes and traders with scented tea sitting beneath small oases.

Coming on evening Rhiggy whips his head to the right and sees an Aarakocra, a wind elemental spirit, watching them, crossbow in hand.

M45FSi.jpg

Fourier wrote: »
    Journey to Vampiric Canyon, Day One:

OOC: There's really only one path, so I'll just go ahead with it.

The group ride out over the desert, initially passing through a series of small hamlets that encircle Zassan, until coming out into the deseret proper. On the way they pass giant worms cresting through the dunes and traders with scented tea sitting beneath small oases.

Coming on evening Rhiggy whips his head to the right and sees an Aarakocra, a wind elemental spirit, watching them, crossbow in hand.

M45FSi.jpg

In hand or aimed at us ?

• Advertisement

In hand or aimed at us ?
    Rhiggy notes the bow is not directly aimed at them, but the Aarakocra has the baring of one who is primed to use the weapon.

Advertisement