Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Rhiggy notes the bow is not directly aimed at them, but the Aarakocra has the baring of one who is primed to use the weapon.

I call out
    Prithee fellow crossbow bearer can you help us
    We search for the vampyre who wandered from Othergirls bosom
    Do you know where it is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric keeps to the left of the horses.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras dismounts and looks around for cover in case of a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

He flies over and lands next to Rhiggy, speaking Common in a stilted manner.

"No, I have other materials pass this way speak of such a being. I hunt a sand elemental who should not yet be. Though I recognise the evil of your quarry, it is not my..." he searches for the right word "...purpose...meaning...job! It is not my job. Good luck on your hunt." he says nodding.

He flies over and lands next to Rhiggy, speaking Common in a stilted manner.

"No, I have other materials pass this way speak of such a being. I hunt a sand elemental who should not yet be. Though I recognise the evil of your quarry, it is not my..." he searches for the right word "...purpose...meaning...job! It is not my job. Good luck on your hunt." he says nodding.

Thank you and good luck on yours as well.
    If ever I can be of help seek me out
    My people swap bolts as a sign of friendship, my enemy is you enemy.
    I offer one of my bolts to the elemental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭Evade

As he leaves Therai says "Good luck on yours too" in Avian.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags sits atop his horse wondering if the birdman is edible.

He whistles and sings quietly under his breath, his voice just loud enough to reach Rhiggy.
    OOC Bardic inspiration on Rhiggy.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Tigger wrote:
    Thank you and good luck on yours as well.
    If ever I can be of help seek me out
    My people swap bolts as a sign of friendship, my enemy is you enemy.
    I offer one of my bolts to the elemental
    Evade wrote: »
    As he leaves Therai says "Good luck on yours too" in Avian.
    OldGoat wrote:
    OOC Bardic inspiration on Rhiggy.
    The Aarakocra is stunned at this show of solidarity, especially as Mags has gifted Rhiggy with the Avians' sign of peace. He also smiles at Therai's knowledge. He speaks first in common.

"I accept your bolt noble Elf and offer one of my own, forged in the plane of Air."

OOC: This bolt is unaffected by wind conditions.

Turning to Therai "Thank you for letting me hear my tongue again from another. If you should come this way again and I still seek my quarry, perhaps we will hunt together."

He takes to the sky with a powerful yet gentle gust.

Lead on Retuila

Sarric trudges onwards.

• Advertisement

Therai follows along idly considering learning to ride a horse.

I decide to scout ahead

Tigger wrote: »
    I decide to scout ahead
    OOC: Roll Wisdom(Survival)

Tigger wrote: »
    I decide to scout ahead

I tag along with the scouting ahead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras moves to cover and draws his bow, training it on the scouting duo in case of danger

OOC: D&D extended to 23.00

Rhiggy picks out a direction discussing it with Retula. The group settles down to rest for the night.

Rhiggy picks out a direction discussing it with Ritula. The group settles down to rest for the night.

I am the night

Journey to Vampiric Canyon, Day Two:
    Retula and Rhiggy argue over the correct direction to take and which features on the landscape correspond to those on the map. At times hard with the uniformity of the desert. However with Zassan clearly within site still, they simply slow the group down. They then discuss the next way to go in the evening.

OOC: Only advance one square today, No events. Current Location 42.60

Fargadras amuses himself by tossing his dagger deftly in his hand again.

'Maybe one of you should lead and not both? I pick the angry drow for now anyways.'

• Advertisement

OOC: Same roll as before

Sarric goes over to the dagger tossing one. "Hey there, I'm Sarric, I didn't catch your name, or anybodies else for that matter, can you help me with that. What I should call you would be one step, and if you know the names of any of the others, the would be great."

Sarric leads the group northbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"north is this way..." Retula mutters.

As they scout Northward, Sarric gets help via the map from Retula, they manage to match scenery to map well enough and return with a solid plan for the next day.

OOC: I'll just let Fargadras's response in and then go to Day 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I chat with the guards on route wondering if they have any local knowledge of the area or road ahead so that we don't have to rely on maps with landmarks in the wrong place.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OOCish: Therai will spend any free downtime reading the Tome of Bakubar focusing on the parts about Akulim.

OldGoat wrote: »
    I chat with the guards on route wondering if they have any local knowledge of the area or road ahead so that we don't have to rely on maps with landmarks in the wrong place.
    The guards are reluctant to admit they have never been outside the city except on planned expeditions in their younger years in the army.

OOC: In case anybody is wondering how you could go wrong with a map, real life armies were sometimes misled by their maps in the Middle Ages, they truly are awful and it's that notion of a map that D&D assumes. For example the map distance often relates to travel time rather than geographic distance.

Sarric spends the differental between the amount of rest he needs and the amount of rest others in the group may need studying his herbilism kit and trying to figure out what he can do with it.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    OOCish: Therai will spend any free downtime reading the Tome of Bakubar focusing on the parts about Akulim.
    Therai finds some interesting info concerning the desert storm god. Especially the location of an old temple to him and one of his places of power.

OOC: Both are within the area encompassed by 46.52

Advertisement