Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Council Chambers:

The guards approach Sarric and Rhiggy.

"What ye 'ere for?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'I'll take five.'

He hands over the coin to the dwarf, pockets the firecrackers for some later mischief and skips to the council chambers to join his party.

Stagian Street can wait for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    Council Chambers:

The guards approach Sarric and Rhiggy.

"What ye 'ere for?

"I forget. What did that captain fello say again, risk taking, we all going to die, some thing like that, does that ring any bells?"

Fargadras catches up with the others arriving as the guards being to speak.
    sKeith wrote: »
    "I forget. What did that captain fello say again, risk taking, we all going to die, some thing like that, does that ring any bells?"
    "Ah, the quote 'Great Mission'. Yer funeral pal. I don't suppose there is any point in asking any of you to relinquish yer weapons?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras smiles at the guards.

'What weapons?'

He shows his hands which are free of any. His backpack on the other hand...

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Fargadras smiles at the guards.

'What weapons?'

He shows his hands which are free of any. His backpack on the other hand...
    "Yeah, yeah. We've seen it all pal, just get inside."

"Ah, the quote 'Great Mission'. Yer funeral pal. I don't suppose there is any point in asking any of you to relinquish yer weapons?"

"just point us in the right direction and we'll be on our way."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I decock both my bows remove the bolts and hand them over.

Fargadras skips up to Rhiggy.

'Are you a real drow or is that just face paint? I've never seen a real drow in the sun before. Won't your skin crack up and you'll turn to dust? Care for an archery competition later?'

Tigger wrote: »
    I decock both my bows remove the bolts and hand them over.
    "Thanks, mate. Glad to see they have courtesy in....the Underdark I'm guessing. Actually surprised to see they have courtesy in the Underdark. You'll be the one without arrows trained on yer head."

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    "just point us in the right direction and we'll be on our way."
    "Through that side door..."

He points to a small wooden door beside the main bronze entry doors, which are currently closed.

"...in and up two floors. Somebody will speak to ye at the top."

Sarric goes up to the small wooden door and knocks loudly on it, shouting "open up, its cold and rainy out here."

The door is flung open, another dissatisfied guard. This one with an accent from the northern continent.

"Quick get in. Adventurers? Up two flights. Councilman Aghezum is waiting to speak to you."

"Thank you sir", Sarric enters and scuttles up the 2 flight of stairs, observing all he passes and noting anything of interest as he moves along.

The door is flung open, another dissatisfied guard. This one with an accent from the northern continent.

"Quick get in. Adventurers? Up two flights. Councilman Aghezum is waiting to speak to you."

I silently lead the way.

Fargadras sighs. These drows are hard work. He daintily follows the others through the door.

They reach the top of the stairs, which stand in the open air, in front of them is a set of double doors with Aghezum embossed on the left door.

A few guards up the corridor edge slightly toward them.

Rhiggy can see in the towers above that arrows are trained on them. Well, except him.

Fargadras takes a keen look around his surroundings trying to gauge the danger to the party.

"Well, what have you brought us here for, and where is this aged rum you promised us?"

Necrominus wrote: »
    Fargadras takes a keen look around his surroundings trying to gauge the danger to the party.
    Fargadras spots little save the guards standing near them.

• Advertisement

OOC: Pausing it there to give Evade and Digi a chance.

They reach the top of the stairs, which stand in the open air, in front of them is a set of double doors with Aghezum embossed on the left door.

A few guards up the corridor edge slightly toward them.

Rhiggy can see in the towers above that arrows are trained on them. Well, except him.

I look up and nod to the murderous basterds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai snaps out of whatever daydream he was enthralled in and follows the group up the stairs to Councilman Aghezum's chambers.

OOC: I won't able to post on Friday evenings, it's my IRL D&D day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The raven screeches. Retula puts her hand out for it to land on.
    "Be still, Hetyaro. We're just here to talk. None of these are on her list."
    Kacaw!
    "No, not even him. This city smells of like **** and piss, death and decay, ai mellon. Disgusting, yes, but alive. Theres nothing for us here. Let's just take whatever money and position they're offering and be about our business."
    She notices the quiet drow. Alone. No slaves. A poor and unsuccessful drow. That will be useful. Said no elf. Ever.
    "What's your damage, quiet drow? You exiled? Or does Zassan have some positive discrimination thing going on?"

Ooc : oh yeah, and she talks to animals. I have such range.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hail councilman, we have traveled far to be of service to you, and stand ready and waiting to fight.

What is your mission for us, and where shall we be going?"

I snort as Retula complains about the smell of the city, but figure I best not mention it to the councilman

Banjo wrote: »
    The raven screeches. Retula puts her hand out for it to land on.
    "Be still, Hetyaro. We're just here to talk. None of these are on her list."
    Kacaw!
    "No, not even him. This city smells of like **** and piss, death and decay, ai mellon. Disgusting, yes, but alive. Theres nothing for us here. Let's just take whatever money and position they're offering and be about our business."
    She notices the quiet drow. Alone. No slaves. A poor and unsuccessful drow. That will be useful. Said no elf. Ever.
    "What's your damage, quiet drow? You exiled? Or does Zassan have some positive discrimination thing going on?"

Ooc : oh yeah, and she talks to animals. I have such range.

I turn and look at the Avarius and use my perception to try to gauge it.

She clicks her fingers
    "Hello? Dina Mori? Hello? You better not be perceiving at me. There are laws about that kind of thing now, this isn't the Soetan age any more.,"
    She draws a vague Z in the air with finger clicking punctuation.
    The Raven walks her arm to perch on her shoulder.

She clicks her fingers
    "Hello? Dina Mori? Hello? You better not be perceiving at me. There are laws about that kind of thing now, this isn't the Soetan age any more.,"
    She draws a vague Z in the air with finger clicking punctuation.
    The Raven walks her arm to perch on her shoulder.

I stare at the bird seeing if there is anything unusual about i I can perceive.

The bird looks back at him, opens it's beak and a deep voice says "ew you lookin' at?"

• Advertisement

The bird looks back at him, opens it's beak and a deep voice says "ew you lookin' at?"

With every fibre of my being I try to bluff it out but I’m very surprised. I smile and wink.

Advertisement