Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The men accompany Sarric without much hesitation.

"No, it doesn't go to the bosses' place. You have to go off road for that...and know a few tricks" one of them says smiling.

They reach the entry to the valley an hour later. Only a few feet from the snow one of them stops.

"Why the fuk should we follow him in?"

Another turns.

"Because he could kill us easily if we don't....that right Mister?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"you are correct, I just want you to accompany me, then no foul will happen you, your knowlegde of me and my betrayal, is a danger to my friends, if you try to run, i will kill you, if you wait it out, you will be free to go, as soon as enough time has passed. understand?"

The other three look at the dissenter.

"Alright fine. Let's go on"

They enter the valley, the air suddenly drops rapidly in temperature and Sarric senses a foul presence.

OOC: Stopping there

Sarric continues onwards, able to keep a lookout for anybody or any thing of interest, whilst continuing the conversation with his traveling companions, "I say, you sure notice the drop in temperature in this valley, i can't imagine the amount of power need to do this. What sort of items do the slavers normaly trade with the vampire, and what do the call him, ye must have they learnt his name at some stage, or do ye just call him mister vampire?"

sKeith wrote: »
    "I say, you sure notice the drop in temperature in this valley, i can't imagine the amount of power need to do this. What sort of items do the slavers normaly trade with the vampire, and what do the call him, ye must have they learnt his name at some stage, or do ye just call him mister vampire?"
    "It's usually the flesh of rare beasts, along with the odd slave, although he places very particular orders, the name is Karinth...."

The valley walls get steeper as the walk through it, until they see a shack in front of them. The skulls of five slain lower demons stand on spears forming a pentagon about the hut.

"This is his place..." one of the slavers says gesturing to Sarric.

• Advertisement

"okay guys, you wait here, don't want you in harms way", Sarric approaches the hut, "Hello, anybody here?", if nobody answers he will go up and knock the door of the hut.

"You can enter High Elf, I sense no magic from you" a voice within replies.

Sarric opens the door and enters.

A being in black armour and pale skin sits on a ruby throne. Obviously a vampire to any with eyes to see.

NxFkSW.jpg

"Who are you elf? What in the great Othegre's name has brought you here?"

"Hi Karinth, my name is Sarric Craulnober, and curosity is mine main impulsion.

A minister in Zassan has a price on your head to be killed.
    Its a pitance amount of money and he seems to be recruiting any young adventurer with promises of gold, gold doesnt interest me much, but good stories do.

I see you have built a nice road to ease trading with your neighbours, maybe your organisational strenghts make the zassinites jealous.

How is it the road is so safe from desert creatures?"

Sarric pauses here, to see if the Karinth has anything to say before continuing.

• Advertisement

"I slaughter most of the lesser beasts myself. The greater ones I frighten off with various magics at my disposal. I have enhanced myself thanks to our city's arts, I can hold far more spells within my skull than I had the natural talent for.

The mistake many make is to think powerful spells are the pinnacle of magic. Powerful they are indeed, but several lesser ones is more practical.

As for bandits, the rumour of my presence is more than enough."

"When you said you sensed no magic from me, it was not really true, I have a tiny capability for magic, you see, but it must be so small compared to your massive stockpile that it didnt even register.

Would you know would it be safe for the likes of me to visit this city and see this wonderous art? My curiosity at work again, and i do so admire good works of art."

sKeith wrote: »
    "When you said you sensed no magic from me, it was not really true, I have a tiny capability for magic, you see, but it must be so small compared to your massive stockpile that it didnt even register.

Would you know would it be safe for the likes of me to visit this city and see this wonderous art? My curiosity at work again, and i do so admire good works of art."
    "You refer to Cantrips my friend? You are right, such things do not register to me, especially in your case where they are in born. Are you from the Fey Wilds natively or a descendant of the colonists to the material realm?"

He seemingly ignores Sarric's question.

"I was born in Leuthilspar on the isle of Evermeet in the Feywild."

"Then we will off to Othegregrad noble elf....Cargulok!!!" he roars.

Looking outside the hut Sarric sees a massive sandworm emerge.

"We shall take the beast to the city. The men with you, do they matter? If not, I shall allow Cargulok a feast."

"The men matter little, I do not want them running off telling tales though, if they can be forced to stay here, i'd prefer it, if not, let Cargulok have his feast."

Karinth opens the door.

"Remain here until I return, otherwise your flesh shall be food for Cthonic terrors you cannot fathom"

The men immediately sit down in fear.

"Good" Karinth says climbing the beast outstretching his hand.

"Come aboard Elf"

Sarric hops aboard Cargulok. "I'm ready!"

"Prepare thyself Elf, for though the great city is a marvel unlike any in this world, it is not one whose beauty is easily appreciated"

Cargulok pushes outward into the Desert, the hot sands glistening in the sun.

OOC: There'll be a new thread for you sKeith tomorrow. You're now Level 3.

Advertisement