Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Journey to Vampiric Canyon, Day Three:
    As they ride onward during the morning, the sea next to Zassan visible to their right, Mags spots that the area in front of them has the sand falling upward toward the sky. The affected area stretches for a few miles, though not to the horizon.

At the border of the affected area, directly in front of them, a red skinned being with no face sits juggling sandglasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Hello there, Are any of those sandglasses for sale? do you know how we can find safe passage northbound?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras knocks an arrow and slips into cover.

sKeith wrote: »
    "Hello there, Are any of those sandglasses for sale? do you know how we can find safe passage northbound?"
    He stops juggling and the sandglasses float in the air.

"They are" he says in a voice that comes from nowhere in particular and is oddly musical "Though what price would you pay? Money cannot buy time."

He stands to his feet and waves his hands.

A small island, only 200 feet long, hanging upside down above the desert becomes visible. The sand is flowing upward onto to it forming a small pile of sand. On the island is a small bright red crystal door leading into its interior.

"If you quieten the music within I may be forced to give you one."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ook
    What’s sandglasses

• Advertisement

Sarric tries to stick his fingers in his own ears to block out the music.

Tigger wrote: »
    Ook
    What’s sandglasses
    OOC: Hourglass. Lads with the sand trickling through.

Fourier wrote: »
    He stops juggling and the sandglasses float in the air.

"They are" he says in a voice that comes from nowhere in particular and is oddly musical "Though what price would you pay? Money cannot buy time."

He stands to his feet and waves his hands.

A small island, only 200 feet long, hanging upside down above the desert becomes visible. The sand is flowing upward onto to it forming a small pile of sand. On the island is a small bright red crystal door leading into its interior.

I’ll quieten what ever you like
    Lead me

OOC: Hourglass. Lads with the sand trickling through.

Ook gotcha
    Sand timers in pratchett

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula scoffs "Rhiggs, stick a bolt through his heart, that'll silence the music within him. Buh-bom! Buh-bom"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai stands at least 10 feet clear of everyone else, performs a somatic action and a loud crack of thunder erupts from him.

"I may not be able to quieten any music but I can certainly drown it out"

OOC: Casts Thunderclap Cantrip

OOC: I'll end with this

The colossal bang from the Thunderclap kicks up the sand around Therai, as it dies down the being can be heard droning softly.

"Ahhh, a moment's solace. Thank you sorcerer. I will let all of you pass through the sands......

Though I will reward even more anybody who solves the problem permanently."

He sits back down and continues juggling.

Sarric, thinks to himself, extreme heat would turn the sand to glass, freezing it, possibly stopping the sound.

Sarric produces the fire bolts at island, hoping to melt the sand to glass.

OOC: fire bolt cantrip.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: If the firebolt fails.
    "I'm going up for a look." I walk over and step into the edge of the rising sand.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric, thinks to himself, extreme heat would turn the sand to glass, freezing it, possibly stopping the sound.

Sarric produces the fire bolts at island, hoping to melt the sand to glass.
    Sarric mouths the incantation and traces a diamond with his hands, from the center of which emerges a small glowing sphere that flies upward to the island and burns into the sand. Enough to slightly melt some of it, but nowhere near all of it.

If Mags doesn't get lacerated to **** and die screaming as he ascends to the island and sand fills his lungs, Retula shrugs and steps into the sand flow to follow.

If he does, Retula just shrugs...

Retula and Mags spin around in midair and land upside down on the island. Looking around, there is only the red door and a few trees.

Retula looks for something on the ground to throw, and if she finds something, she throws it "up" in the air to see if it goes back down to the ground or falls up to the island.
    She shouts down :
    "Hey, no-face! What happens to the island if we silence the music within? And what happens to those of us on the island? And where's your face?"

She glares at the half-orc.
    "Well? Open the door, barf bag!"
    She checks her nails.

Mags looks at the door then shouts "OPEN!" at it.
    If that fails then I'll check for traps before trying to push the door open.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras, if in view of the door trains his bow on the door, arrow ready to fly if any trouble

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula looks for something on the ground to throw, and if she finds something, she throws it "up" in the air to see if it goes back down to the ground or falls up to the island.
    She shouts down :
    "Hey, no-face! What happens to the island if we silence the music within? And what happens to those of us on the island? And where's your face?"
    The rock falls down a bit before returning to the island ground.

The being looks up at Retula.

"Then I will be unchained and you will have my thanks"

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags looks at the door then shouts "OPEN!" at it.
    If that fails then I'll check for traps before trying to push the door open.
    The door opens, with it comes a breeze carrying the scent of burnt Lilac.

Tigger wrote: »
    I’ll quieten what ever you like
    Lead me
    The being turns back to Rhiggy.

"Thank you underdweller, simply follow your friends."

I lean in the door and look around.
    "Hallooooo, anyone home? I hate to be 'That Guy' but your neighbours are complaining about the music, can you turn it down a bit please. "

Raven on her shoulder (i.e. +7), Retula stands behind the bard and perceives the crap out of that doorway and what's beyond.

Sarric runs and leaps into the sand floating upwards area.

Fargadras looks to join the party if possible going through the door. He stays in cover with his bow drawn and an arrow nocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai's curiosity is piqued and he joins the rest at the door.

The being turns back to Rhiggy.

"Thank you underdweller, simply follow your friends."

I do

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Fargadras looks to join the party if possible going through the door. He stays in cover with his bow drawn and an arrow nocked.
    Ook
    That sounds very tiring

Advertisement