Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Sent Evade a pm, but with most out no game today

The doors open and the Minister stands next to them.

"Please all of you, come in, come in, we have much to discuss."

He gestures around the room to several quarts of ale, slices of meat and sweet things.

"Take your fill, fruits from Osinzir, ale from Bandysia, meat from the rumps of Nerosian walruses. Feast now, for tomorrow, should you take one of my four proposals, you may die"

He sits opposite the heroes at his desk, which seems to be constructed from polished onyx.

Tigger wrote: »
    I stare at the bird seeing if there is anything unusual about i I can perceive.
    Rhiggy had noted a light "flavour" one might say to the bird. Shadow touched. Not from the Underdark, no, even more so than any undercreature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai prepares a comically large plate of food, takes a seat, and begins stuffing his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula starts tearing up some walrus, throwing small chunks in the air for Hetyaro to catch while she gorges on fruit.
    "The only danger so far is that we'll be distracted from this... this *nothing* of a task by a freshly painted wall or a boiling pot. There's certainly no danger of you ever, I don't know, getting to the point, is there? Nice fruit by the way."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Yeah, yeah, what he said, don't try to distract us with all this food and drink, and fruit and walruses and ale, where did all this food come from, do we have a limit on how much we can eat or drink, if we finish this lot, will they bring more....", Sarric begins to eat and drink and words are no longer important enough to stop eatting to express.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    The doors open and the Minister stands next to them.

"Please all of you, come in, come in, we have much to discuss."

He gestures around the room to several quarts of ale, slices of meat and sweet things.

"Take your fill, fruits from Osinzir, ale from Bandysia, meat from the rumps of Nerosian walruses. Feast now, for tomorrow, should you take one of my four proposals, you may die"

He sits opposite the heroes at his desk, which seems to be constructed from polished onyx.

Fargadras wrinkles his nose at the walrus rump and the ale. Way too strong for his elven tastes. He grabs a plate of fruit and tucks in.

'Proposals? Dying? Are you asking us to marry you?'

Retula belatedly perceptalizes the food spread. (Raven assists)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I gather a small plate of fruit together and slowly bite through, looking around the room as I do.

"What are these proposals? Quests for glory or games for sport?

If your proposals are so dangerous, why place them in the hands of so few, surely the council can spare a few warriors to bolster our cause, and to where do we travel?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Stomach rumbles.
    Max bares his fangs.
    "I might have to eat a council man or two if we don't get a move on."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

"Well, all of you are eager, that's wonderful. Let's begin then...."

He unfurls a map of the deserts North of Zassan.

"...here to the North lies an old city, not so old as to be ancient to you Elves, but old to us humans. The city was once the center of a powerful regional state before the rulers sealed up the central palace, never exiting the structure for years. In time the average folk abandoned the city and we here in Zassan formally lay claim to the surrounding area.

Our mages and clairvoyants have long sensed that the family still dwell within, or at least some remnant of them does. This has never been a problem, we have no interest in prying into the lives of reclusive immortals.

However recently merchant caravans passing the locale have turned up slain. Gold and treasures untouched, save any spices. Even worse, some were missing limbs.

So in essence, we want you to break in and stop this in some way."

He pauses and looks at the group to see how they react, before continuing.

"That is our first 'odd' issue, there are two more..."

"What types of spices were missing? Or was all the food stuff taken?"

Pointing to the NorthEast of the map there is an odd circular object drawn.

"This is a void galleon. It has carried beings from the stars to our desert and they have begun settlement. This would of course be no problem as they seem to be a peaceful people and the desert is vast, unfortunately they have brought something with them that puts Zassan in a bind. Their faith.

You see Zassan is protected by a diverse enough array of Desert deities, powerful, at times cruel, but they have served Zassan well by empowering our clerics with magics found nowhere else.

Unfortunately they are jealous. The beings from the stars religious devotion is causing their gods to reform here on our world. Our clerics have received a divine vision from the Desert gods that the presence of these 'foreign' deities and their cult is a blasphemy, one grave enough to have them revoke our clerics power.

We need somebody to remove the new gods, we hope peacefully, though the council recognises this may not be possible."

sKeith wrote: »
    "What types of spices were missing? Or was all the food stuff taken?"
    "Just spices, but essentially all spices that are native to this continent."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fargadras tosses his dagger around in his hand harmlessly.

'And what, praytell, are the rewards for these tasks councilman? Surely you don't expect to have these tasks carried out for free?'

Fourier wrote: »
    "
    Our mages and clairvoyants have long sensed that the family still dwell within, or at least some remnant of them does. This has never been a problem, we have no interest in prying into the lives of reclusive immortals."

At the mention of this Retula raises an eyebrow at her Raven, waiting for guidance.

"The reward will be more gold than you have seen in your lives. You are also entitled to the riches you find there. the council will need to deliberate, but the reward will not be less than 10,000GP split among you."

Fargadras almost drops his dagger but deftly catches it just before it hits the floor.

'Well, I'm in. Adventure, gold and danger - tis the Fernshade way of life!'

"I suppose you wont mind giving us a bag of any of those metioned spices, for baiting our traps and such with."

"by 'you' do you mean us in this room or every damned fool you dazzled with tales of riches and adventure? I've had bad experiences with prearranged cuts going sour."

• Advertisement

"The last problem as it were is a little more....dangerous than the others....we have already sent several parties out, but they have either not returned or returned as abominations that took the lives of some of the city's clerics to stop.

Zassan has maintained good relations with Othegregrad, a vampire nation state to our NorthEast. The TransVampiric demigod who rules the city rarely interferes with our trade routes. However recently one of her brood broke away and has formed its own layer in a canyon thirty miles from the city.

The vampires of Othegregrad possess flesh warping capabilities and other more unsettling capacities. This one seems to aggressively consume anyone who wanders into its territory and has wisely flash frozen the area around it into a tundra, where our desert magics cannot work.

In short we need this beast slain!"

Banjo wrote: »
    "by 'you' do you mean us in this room or every damned fool you dazzled with tales of riches and adventure? I've had bad experiences with prearranged cuts going sour."
    He smirks.

"Both of course."

Banjo wrote: »

Fargadras sniggers at the other elf.

'You've obviously been keeping the wrong company then.'

sKeith wrote: »
    "I suppose you wont mind giving us a bag of any of those metioned spices, for baiting our traps and such with."
    "Not a problem. The spices are expensive, but the loss of our merchants even more so. I can arrange to have them delivered to you."

OOC: Holding for Digi and Evade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai swallows his current mouthful of food and says "So do I have this right? We're to stop some kind of vampire, convert some people to the local pantheon, and resume the flow of desert spice.* All that for [counts on fingers] 3,300GP?" He pauses, apparently deep in thought, and says "Sounds easy enough, I'm in."

*OOC: I couldn't not

Evade wrote: »
    Therai swallows his current mouthful of food and says "So do I have this right? We're to stop some kind of vampire
    "Indeed"
    convert some people to the local pantheon
    "The council's preferred outcome"
    , and resume the flow of desert spice.*
    "Exactly, for the spice must flow."
    Evade wrote: »
    All that for [counts on fingers] 3,300GP?" He pauses, apparently deep in thought, and says "Sounds easy enough, I'm in."
    "Wonderful. I hope the rest of you are enticed."

Ooc : if you make me kill Othegre or Mina I'll Taken you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

"We need an advancement on payment.
    And equipment.
    And wine.
    And food.
    And distractions to amuse us.
    And equipment.
    And magic stuff.
    And food.
    And transport.
    And 3,300 each, for each task.
    Talk of spiced meat not helping my mood."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    "We need an advancement on payment.
    And equipment.
    And wine.
    And food.
    And distractions to amuse us.
    And equipment.
    And magic stuff.
    And food.
    And transport.
    And 3,300 each, for each task.
    Talk of spiced meat not helping my mood."
    The minister laughs once more.

"A comprehensive list, consumables and transport I can arrange. The fee may also be approved.

The weaponry and magical equipment, that you will have to source yourself."

Advertisement