Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Alpha Male - does he really exist?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

21Savage wrote: »
    It's hollow though, these guys would much prefer to be in LTR relationships with a beautiful local girl that they grew up with and maybe had their first kiss with looking up at the stars. Instead, women wanna get ****faced and do drugs and bag the hottest guy they can. And nothing short of that will do.

Only hope anyone has with women is to play multiple off at one time, that way you don't seem needy and look desirable, then they will be the ones looking to tie you down. It's crazy how different the reality is for two types of guys. The alpha guy has his fingers in many pies and the girls want to tie him down whereas the non alpha likes that one girl and she wants nothing to do with him. I find it utterly fascinating on one level.

Totally bro. Then they end up settling for some beta that they never really liked. They resent him and that's why there's so many fcked up relationships out there. If only they'd open their eyes to the dude in the fedora who was their friend all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Don't be so hasty.
    I seen one of those in Ireland the other day - could save you a trip!:D

Do you know actually what I saw recently was a black woman smoking a cigarette and I realised I don't think I've ever seen that before in my life, outside of TV and films. Wonder what the craic is there.

Sorry, not to derail this stellar thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Like literally a diff 20 something broad every week.

What might a diff 20 something broad be?

I assume a gentleman would quite like to "take one down" like these "dudes" you speak of?

What might a diff 20 something broad be?

I assume a gentleman would quite like to "take one down" like these "dudes" you speak of?

A babe in her 20s. Thought it was self-explanitory dude??

Do you know actually what I saw recently was a black woman smoking a cigarette and I realised I don't think I've ever seen that before in my life, outside of TV and films. Wonder what the craic is there.

Aside: I've never really thought about it but it now that I do, I can't recall seeing one smoking either?

And now back to the thread: -

Seen one or two smoking hot, fúck yeah, high five me bro:D

• Advertisement

A babe in her 20s. Thought it was self-explanitory dude??

Oh right. Diff as in different.

You crazy kids, with your jive talk.

I'm 43. I had precious little use for a babe in her 20's 15 years ago. I wouldn't know what to do with one now.
    They're just like iphones, ever changing -I mean do they even have an ear phone jack anymore or do you have to ride them wirelessly?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Smoking in general is very much a cultural thing, which flourishes depending on cultural acceptance.

The popularity of modern smoking comes from cultural imagery from the 1930s onwards where smoking was associated with style and sophistication. All of the wealthy, intelligent and beautiful people smoked, and were shown in films, tv shows and and advertisements enjoying a nice cigarette.

Of course, they were almost exclusively white, too. Coupled with unrestrained and ubiquitous advertising, smoking skyrocketed in the western world.

There wasn't the same preponderance of smoking black role models or aggressive advertising towards black people for smoking.

Smoking rates have been shooting upwards in Africa since tobacco companies focussed on doing business there rather than trying to fight the tide in the West, but it would certainly still be far less of a popular pursuit.

Islam is a cultural blocker too since it generally regards smoking as prohibited. So even moderate muslims would feel that they should avoid smoking or at least don't do it in public.

Even if the black person wasn't Muslim, a country with a large muslim population would have a significant anti-smoking bias since non-muslims would know their muslim peers look down on smokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

seamus wrote: »
    Smoking in general is very much a cultural thing, which flourishes depending on cultural acceptance.

The popularity of modern smoking comes from cultural imagery from the 1930s onwards where smoking was associated with style and sophistication. All of the wealthy, intelligent and beautiful people smoked, and were shown in films, tv shows and and advertisements enjoying a nice cigarette.

Of course, they were almost exclusively white, too. Coupled with unrestrained and ubiquitous advertising, smoking skyrocketed in the western world.

There wasn't the same preponderance of smoking black role models or aggressive advertising towards black people for smoking.

Smoking rates have been shooting upwards in Africa since tobacco companies focussed on doing business there rather than trying to fight the tide in the West, but it would certainly still be far less of a popular pursuit.

Islam is a cultural blocker too since it generally regards smoking as prohibited. So even moderate muslims would feel that they should avoid smoking or at least don't do it in public.

Uh oh.

It's the same everywhere in Europe and the west.

Hardly. There is far more variety in "tastes" on the continent, where, for example, skinny guys can be just as popular as athletic guys. Ever spent any time in Italy?

The point is that what is considered less than attractive here in Ireland can be seen as attractive in other countries. And they often are. The populations are higher, and there are more opportunities to meet people with varied interests.
    Some Irish guys might do alright in America due to being exotic but only as a short-term accessory(think a pug or a handbag) and tbh I don't think in a globalised world being foreign is that exotic anymore(Depends where you go of course)

The exotic advantage is dying unless you're in the back of the beyond. You're more likely to be hit with the perception that westerners have a higher income potential than local guys, than being exotic.

I've traveled through quite a bit of Eastern Europe, Russia, and lived in Asia.
    If a guy struggles in Dublin, imagine putting him in Paris!!! :eek::eek::eek: It would be like a lamb to a slaughter.

Whereas while I sucked in Ireland, I did extremely well in Paris, Berlin, Turin, Tokyo, etc.
    Only chance these guys have is to go somewhere where new age feminism hasn't taken a hold and women have traditional values. This will surely change over the next two decades so better act quick.

White guys have the advantage in that being white is the ideal in this period of time and space we find ourselves in so yes you can go to Asia, Africa and even South America and try to find yourself a women.

I disagree. A nice guy who behaves like a gentleman and isn't trying to screw everything that moves will be successful pretty much anywhere with a decent population on hand, and some nice jazz/cocktail bars to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

It's the same everywhere in Europe and the west. Some Irish guys might do alright in America due to being exotic but only as a short-term accessory(think a pug or a handbag) and tbh I don't think in a globalised world being foreign is that exotic anymore(Depends where you go of course)
    If a guy struggles in Dublin, imagine putting him in Paris!!! :eek::eek::eek: It would be like a lamb to a slaughter.
    Only chance these guys have is to go somewhere where new age feminism hasn't taken a hold and women have traditional values. This will surely change over the next two decades so better act quick.

White guys have the advantage in that being white is the ideal in this period of time and space we find ourselves in so yes you can go to Asia, Africa and even South America and try to find yourself a women.
    This is ridiculous. Being ugly hasn't stopped anyone getting a partner, look at the jeremy kyle showyou have the most inbred hills have eyes looking folk cheating on each other and all sorts of romantic dramas..
    Look around you on the street theres as many ugly people who are partnered with another ugly person as there are good looking people partnered with somebody

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

There's no Alpha and Omega, just Nintendo and Sega

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

begbysback wrote: »
    There's no Alpha and Omega, just Nintendo and Sega

I believe you mean Atari Jaguar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Check out that hunk, he's such a Dreamcast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

Hardly. There is far more variety in "tastes" on the continent, where, for example, skinny guys can be just as popular as athletic guys. Ever spent any time in Italy?

The point is that what is considered less than attractive here in Ireland can be seen as attractive in other countries. And they often are. The populations are higher, and there are more opportunities to meet people with varied interests.

The exotic advantage is dying unless you're in the back of the beyond. You're more likely to be hit with the perception that westerners have a higher income potential than local guys, than being exotic.

Okay I get your point tbf, Ireland is more along the American model. If you put a guy like Groncowski(Low inhibition fun loving american football alpha male) and put him in Ireland with a Leinster jacket and shorts he would pull like crazy.(He's not a fashionable guy if you're not familiar with him( In Paris he would most likely be the source of ridicule and embarrassment and any high class girl worth her salt wouldn't be caught dead with him. However, these skinny guys will often have an attractive face. Maybe that's why Irish women preference body because Irish males don't look very good facially.

I don't even know how this type of attitude developed amongst broads in Ireland. Sure I can understand a dimepiece in SoCal being all high and mighty about her looks and only going for bros who are swole and alpha af.

But in Ireland? Seriously?

Most of the chicks here think they look like svelt and sexy minks. In reality they look more like bucktooth beavers with frumpy arses. Dunno where the attitude comes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

The whole thing is a mental framework and reminds me of the quote from Man on Fire, "There is no such thing as tough. You're either trained or untrained". We as a species are far too complex to warrant simplistic, narrow minded definitions.

To take the framework of being 'alpha' implies to be the leader in just about any subjective experience or situation available to humans. You could be the 'alpha' of a pub quiz team because you're intelligent with superb general knowledge where everyone defers to you for final answer, but an hour later your mate Paul and not you scored a smooch and a date but he unlike you doesn't know his Beethoven from his Bionics. The status thing is incredibly interchangeable.

You might compare Dwayne Johnson and Bill Gates and using an alpha/beta comparison conclude that The Rock is Alpha.

Yet a phone call from Gates, if he was so inclined, could realistically invoke a series of events that could financially ruin Johnson with irreparable damage made to his career. While 300 pounds of muscle Johnson could physically crush a pipsqueak like Gates, him being a billionaire to Johnson's millionaire status just turns the tide and shows how stupid it is to label humans, the dominant species on the planet, with badges of status such as Alpha and Beta. Like Don Corleone in The Godfather, he could order people killed but bring Luca Brasi in to meet him to thank him personally for a wedding invite and The 'Don' is shaking like a leaf the entire time.

That's in terms of power (physical and social) but alpha in terms of sexuality is interesting and I think where the whole cult of that belongs and going back to the whole 'trained/untrained' quote, you're either good at attracting people, getting laid or you can learn to become good at it. Mileage and quality may vary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

I don't even know how this type of attitude developed amongst broads in Ireland. Sure I can understand a dimepiece in SoCal being all high and mighty about her looks and only going for bros who are swole and alpha af.

But in Ireland? Seriously?

Most of the chicks here think they look like svelt and sexy minks. In reality they look more like bucktooth beavers with frumpy arses. Dunno where the attitude comes from?

I actually think Irish girls are attractive.

Okay I get your point tbf, Ireland is more along the American model. If you put a guy like Groncowski(Low inhibition fun loving american football alpha male) and put him in Ireland with a Leinster jacket and shorts he would pull like crazy.(He's not a fashionable guy if you're not familiar with him( In Paris he would most likely be the source of ridicule and embarrassment and any high class girl worth her salt wouldn't be caught dead with him. However, these skinny guys will often have an attractive face. Maybe that's why Irish women preference body because Irish males don't look very good facially.

The problem I find with your stance is that it's all physical. Physical appearance, fashion, looking the part, etc.

However, I have learned that there are three sides to dating. The first is easily dismissed since it relates to people seeking anybody for a serious relationship leading to marriage. They tend to have their own criteria for a partner set before they even meet the person. The second and third though are different.

The second being the "play" factor. Usually, that revolves are "fun" and/or sex. The physical is definitely a strong contender to determine that, and yet, I've gone through periods of excessive casual dating, and I'm definitely not a poster child for attractiveness/sexiness. (I'm tall, skinny, bad teeth and a shaking disorder). Personality, knowledge, empathy, and humor tend to carry the day for me. And luck. Luck is an incredible factor in all of this.

Lastly, though there is the dating which is gentler. The slower development of dating mixed with friendship with sex coming later. Usually, personality is what determines this. Physical Attractiveness does often set the hook, but it's the non-physical aspects that keep the relationship going.

The thing is that I've never been able to trade on my looks to be successful with women. I turned to the NLP/Speed seduction side of things. Not exactly the PUA scene that attracts so many red pill or alpha mates (although some do turn up, but disappear later). I went sarging with Ross Jeffries, Neil Strauss, and a host of the "experts" on dating out in London on numerous nights, and the focus was never on someones (our) appearance. It was on the language we used, the tonality, the respect we gave to the women we met, etc. [Although some of those guys did turn to more the more aggressive PUA scene later in their seminars]

I think people focus too much on the physical side of attractiveness a bit too much. In my experience, making a woman comfortable to be with you, while keeping an electric current of fun or anticipation works wonders. There's always going to be some women who will never be interested in me, but I am very satsfied with the percetages that are... ;)

This Alpha Male thingy reminds me too much of the PUA and Seduction.Alt.Fast crowd. Just too extreme. Like drinking four energy drinks and thumping your chest. :D
    I actually think Irish girls are attractive.

Many Irish women are extremely attractive. But I tend to prefer slim women, and that generally doesn't include a lot of the Irish girls I see around. Whereas my Italian friend loves the way Irish girls are physically, and can't get enough of them. Everyone has their own perceptions of what is attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Desolate Valley

The brutal truth is that if you lost out in the looks game, you’re ****ed. Height, confidence and humour are worthless without the face (though you’ll probably have plenty of female friends).

In the old days you’d have married your looksmatch but now female hypergamy means a male 5 will have to settle for a female 3. You will NEVER have access to top tier or even mid tier women if you’re plain. If legit ugly you will likely never find a mate and you will end your life as a genetic failure. Expect to hear more on this in the coming decades as western civilisation reaches crisis point with so many men failing to find mates or even lose their virginity.

Conversely, if you are female, you are living in a golden age where you can have your pick of the alphas without leaving your home, via Tinder. Even plain women will have access to men well beyond their traditional looks potential.

Sorry to drop the black pill but the sooner some realise this the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There is a guy called LMS who makes excellent videos on the subject, you can find them on youtube.

Stick around til Sunday morning and you'll see them all over After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Anyone else had their posts deleted out of this thread? Two of mine have gone poof for no reason I can think of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Anyone else had their posts deleted out of this thread? Two of mine have gone poof for no reason I can think of

Are you a cuck, bro?

Are you a cuck, bro?

That's a legit beta question, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Are you a cuck, bro?

Not the last time I checked it was still there buddy-bro,though I think I'll be giving boards a permanent hiatus this time

How many legit successful puas are out there? The only one I can believe in is Paul Janka, a Harvard graduate with model tier looks.

Go with Ross Jeffries, the "Godfather" of the Speed Seduction scene. An ugly older Jewish American guy, who even when he was young wasn't very good looking, and he did very well for himself. No props. No disrespecting women. NLP, pacing, tonality, balancing inner states, etc. He also taught most of the major "players" teaching this stuff. Well past his sell by date now, but His technique/attitude still works perfectly.

On the off chance, you'd like something more balanced, check out Kim McFarland And Tom Vizzini. They approached the NLP/Speed Seduction side of things for dating and improving relationships. Less about getting laid, and more about generating measurable rapport. [Excellent explanations and approaches to anchoring too]

The problem with the PUA scene is that it's been taken over by loud-mouthed muppets who are more into peacocking, and neg-hitting than actually learning any skills in making a woman happy to be with them. It's all about the quick close, without any consideration about the woman herself. It's truly sad how deep into the gutter the Speed seduction community has fallen by embracing the PUA scene, and often mingling with the Red Pill community.

Sad. Just sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

''The brutal truth is that if you lost out in the looks game, you’re ****ed.''

100%, this doesn't just apply to the dating and mating game either, there are people whose faces 'don't fit' and are not on the guestlist to get into Club Vida, people who are mocked or smirked about everywhere they go from the schoolyard to the workplace to the supermarket and have to endure a life that's something out of a Monty Python sketch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The immaturity, sexism, jealousy and bitterness from a few (male) posters on this thread that I started is pathetic. Really pathetic.

Get a grip lads. Or are you actually 13 years of age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Chicks Broads have I entered a bad B 1930’s movie???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Dapper Laughs wannabes in this thread lol

Can’t imagine they know what a real woman even looks like, they are glued to their computer screen so long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I have a face like a gangrenous baboon but I'm still out here living my best life to the max and killing it 24/7 on a consistent basis.

Any bros out there that doubt this should come to my seminar. If you follow the life advice I give you I guarantee you'll be a major league clunge magnet in no time.

Advertisement