Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Alpha Male - does he really exist?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭Corvo

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    A bloke I work with is alpha.
    He's strong (fit, works out etc) tall, handsome.
    Crucially, he's also very social and uses all of the above to position himself naturally as the alpha.
    He's the go to guy for advice and for the rest of us to feel good.

Us other mere mortals in work acknowledge it withouts ever saying it.

The fooker is 25.

I'm 50.

Go figure.

Console yourself with the fact he has a tiny willy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

21Savage wrote: »
    Maybe your mates got with broads because they had status from being GAA players or something? Has anyone been around Coppers All-Ireland night? I had to run home in tears in light of what was happening. I actually got sick out of rage. Jealously peaked that night. Was a real awakening of what a different world I was living in. I felt like a ghost watching on. I saw one of the players literally eye**** some hot dimepiece and she just went in there with them there and then. She was with a guy(may have been her bf) and just left him on the spot.

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What's a "dimepiece"?

A real broad but not the type of girl you take home to your mum. Normally only seen with high status males. Not necessarily the prettiest girls you'll see but they they make you bite down on your knuckles and say daaayuuum

As an aside, best looking guy I know is quiet but he just commands respect in any room because of his looks. He could be in a room full of Senior Cup winners

Have I wondered into a Ross O Carroll Kelly book here?
    I will be following his career on LinkedIn, I'm sure he'll go far.

Wow, what a beta cuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    A bloke I work with is alpha.
    He's strong (fit, works out etc) tall, handsome.
    Crucially, he's also very social and uses all of the above to position himself naturally as the alpha.
    He's the go to guy for advice and for the rest of us to feel good.

Us other mere mortals in work acknowledge it withouts ever saying it.

The fooker is 25.

I'm 50.

Go figure.

Maybe you could ask that if you blew him, would he let you be his friend?;)

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What's a "dimepiece"?

What normal people over here would call attractive/good looking or ''a ride''.

A real broad but not the type of girl you take home to your mum. Normally only seen with high status males. Not necessarily the prettiest girls you'll see but they they make you bite down on your knuckles and say daaayuuum

I'm sorry, but that's just ****ed up.

You really use labels like that to describe women?

TBH, I'm starting to have more sympathy for the SJWs and Feminists if they have to put up with this kind of terminology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    What's a "dimepiece"?

A woman who is 10 out of 10, a dime being 10 cents.

A woman who is 10 out of 10, a dime being 10 cents.

Am I the only one who can only read "dimepiece" in a Humphry Bogart, Cassablanca voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Am I the only one who can only read "dimepiece" in a Humphry Bogart, Cassablanca voice?

Think more of a white guy in a backwards baseball cap doing his best Ebonics...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Repsulive wrote: »
    I've had girls laugh at me when I took my top off because I'm ghost white and don't have abs. That's how shallow women are these days.

Were I alive 100 years being pale would have worked in my favour.

Ffs I was feeling sorry for you but its pretty clear now why you arent attractive. Its all women's fault for being shallow while at the same time you rate their attractiveness with **** like dime piece etc.

Your gonna sit their and blame women for your situation and do nothing but feel sorry for yourself.
    Want abs? Hit the gym. Your choosing to be miserable.

Enjoy your pity party lads. But remember this crap your peddling probably has alot to do with the high rate of suicide among young men. Yeah not feminism, but miserable guys dragging everyone else down with them.

Just a few pages back there was someone talking about taking themselves out of the gene pool, and then ye sit here posting about all the things that will make others feel that way.
    Have some bloody responsibility for yourselves and others. You are actively being part of that suicide problem.

I'm out. Get yourselves some ****ing counselling before you end up as another ****ing statistic.

TBH for any Irish guy out there having trouble with dating in Ireland, I'd highly suggest going abroad for a few years and start dating elsewhere (outside Uk/Ireland). Ireland with its smaller population is very difficult unless you fall within certain approved stereotypes. Go elsewhere and you'll meet a greater variety of women, and it's much easier to date the kind of women you previously would have considered beyond your reach. Then when you come back to Ireland, you have your confidence and the realization that you don't have to jump through hoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I was thinking more along the lines of Donnie in "The Wolf of Wall Street".

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

somefeen wrote: »
    People come up with this alpha - beta male stuff and use its occurance in other groups of animals as proof that it must exist in humans "because were animals to"
    Funny thing is the archetype of the Alpha-Beta dynamic is the wolf pack.

But wolf packs don't even display this behaviour. The Alpha-Beta social structure in wolves was proposed and then disproven decades ago, but it still persists because a small number of people liked the idea and refuse to let it go.

The actual occurrence of "alphas" in nature is relatively rare and even where it's seen is the subject of much controversy.

Simple hierarchies which place a single individual at the top of a chain are evolutionarily unstable because even if that single individual is the only one who procreates, the next generation are all alpha-offspring and will fight for position and end up losing out to those which form beneficial alliances.

Therefore it's the most co-operative organisms whose genes flourish, not the most aggressive or imposing. And indeed, also not the weak and isolated.

TBH for any Irish guy out there having trouble with dating in Ireland, I'd highly suggest going abroad for a few years and start dating elsewhere (outside Uk/Ireland). Ireland with its smaller population is very difficult unless you fall within certain approved stereotypes. Go elsewhere and you'll meet a greater variety of women, and it's much easier to date the kind of women you previously would have considered beyond your reach. Then when you come back to Ireland, you have your confidence and the realization that you don't have to jump through hoops.

It's the same everywhere in Europe and the west. Some Irish guys might do alright in America due to being exotic but only as a short-term accessory(think a pug or a handbag) and tbh I don't think in a globalised world being foreign is that exotic anymore(Depends where you go of course)
    If a guy struggles in Dublin, imagine putting him in Paris!!! :eek::eek::eek: It would be like a lamb to a slaughter.
    Only chance these guys have is to go somewhere where new age feminism hasn't taken a hold and women have traditional values. This will surely change over the next two decades so better act quick.

White guys have the advantage in that being white is the ideal in this period of time and space we find ourselves in so yes you can go to Asia, Africa and even South America and try to find yourself a women.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nah, they probably don't fancy marrying a silly foreign moron either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

We all did bub, 'cause that's how just we refer to dames in this shady Gin joint.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

pone2012 wrote: »
    So, its a social crutch basically?
    Exactly it's a social crutch! just to be clear, we're talking about interacting with unknown women so as to either have sex or form a relationship with them, the vast majority of young men wouldn't have the confidence to chat women up in a bar /nightclub without drink. Also flirting with a women that you already know from college or work is an entirely different matter, most guys can do that without the drink
    Perhaps you don't believe so...but plenty of people have improved their confidence...no alcohol necessary...nor any other substance for that matter

Yes you can improve confidence this is how it's done
    If your in your late teens or early twenties and never even kissed a girl what you need to do is go out and actually kiss a girl.
    The best way to do this is really obvious, here it is.
    At the weekend meet your friends for a few drinks around 8pm or 9pm, as the night rolls on you should move to more lively bars/clubs
    these bars/clubs will be full of women who are also out having a few drinks if you get talking to one of these women there is every chance she will allow you to stick your tongue in her mouth. You may have to go out 2/3 nights a week for a whole year or even two years for this to happen but if you can get this far in late teens early twenties it's highly lightly you will go on to settle down and have a family in later life.
    It's that simple and I can assure this is very best approach.

hmm well why lets see.....Id gather most people prefer to be actually confident rather than be under the illusion that they are due to a toxin...

Good enough reason for you?

you get confident by real life experience if a guy gets to kiss a girl every now and again he is eventually going to have sex with one this will greatly increase his confidence
    You have no reasons or plan just some fanciful notions of about something magically happening in a coffee shop

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

My missus is half Egyptian. I can see the logic.

She came to me though, cos I'm alpha as fúck :D

• Advertisement

drinks if you get talking to one of these women there is every chance she will allow you to stick your tongue in her mouth. You may have to go out 2/3 nights a week for a whole year or even two years for this to happen but if you can get this far in late teens early twenties it's highly lightly you will go on to settle down and have a family in later life.

It's not cool to knock another guys success rate with the ladies - but if you're scoring once in 150 attempts - you are doing something badly wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 NeonSquares

I'm not an Alpha male, I'm 1.0

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

If they like black women yeh :confused: Could also go to North(SE USA) or South America(Colombia Brazil) or the Caribbean

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

It's not cool to knock another guys success rate with the ladies - but if you're scoring once in 150 attempts - you are doing something badly wrong!

once in 150 attempts a guy is probably doing everything wrong but it's better than doing nothing. That one experience will bring down that 150 misses next time round. People talk about this that and the other when the most important thing is to actually be there! to be at the place people go to hook up and tbh you've no business being there without having a few drinks on board

If they like black women yeh :confused:

Don't be so hasty.
    I seen one of those in Ireland the other day - could save you a trip!:D

If they like black women yeh :confused: Could also go to North(SE USA) or South America(Colombia Brazil) or the Caribbean

Just go to Tyrellstown or Ongar. No need to up sticks son.

Don't be so hasty.
    I seen one of those in Ireland the other day - could save you a trip!:D

I don't have much interactions with young immigrants/second generations in Ireland. It's entirely possible they haven't been conditioned by society yet and thus more likely to be forgiving/accept a native.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

It's the same everywhere in Europe and the west. Some Irish guys might do alright in America due to being exotic but only as a short-term accessory(think a pug or a handbag) and tbh I don't think in a globalised world being foreign is that exotic anymore(Depends where you go of course)
    If a guy struggles in Dublin, imagine putting him in Paris!!! :eek::eek::eek: It would be like a lamb to a slaughter.
    Only chance these guys have is to go somewhere where new age feminism hasn't taken a hold and women have traditional values. This will surely change over the next two decades so better act quick.

White guys have the advantage in that being white is the ideal in this period of time and space we find ourselves in so yes you can go to Asia, Africa and even South America and try to find yourself a women.

If you want to see the red pill as it's called on steroids...take a trip to south East Asia

Better yet change your location on Tinder and prepare to be a busy man..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I know some ugly ass bros getting some serious action in the Philippines. These dudes are taking down grade 10 hotties every day. Like literally a diff 20 something broad every week. All cause they're white. If western chicks don't wise up all the dudes are gonna skip town to where the real action is, for real.

• Advertisement

I know some ugly ass bros getting some serious action in the Philippines. These dudes are taking down grade 10 hotties every day. Like literally a diff 20 something broad every week. All cause they're white. If western chicks don't wise up all the dudes are gonna skip town to where the real action is, for real.

It's hollow though, these guys would much prefer to be in LTR relationships with a beautiful local girl that they grew up with and maybe had their first kiss with looking up at the stars. Instead, women wanna get ****faced and do drugs and bag the hottest guy they can. And nothing short of that will do.

Only hope anyone has with women is to play multiple off at one time, that way you don't seem needy and look desirable, then they will be the ones looking to tie you down. It's crazy how different the reality is for two types of guys. The alpha guy has his fingers in many pies and the girls want to tie him down whereas the non alpha likes that one girl and she wants nothing to do with him. I find it utterly fascinating on one level.

Advertisement