Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Alpha Male - does he really exist?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Why again is euthanasia not allowed in our societies. Seriously?

How am I as a 5ft 5in 19yr old male going to ever have a worthy life if success is determined by so many things I can't control?

Now I can understand the plight of Elliot Rodger really well reading this thread.

Don't get me wrong, as animals there will always be natural Alpha, Betas, and Cuckas but honestly if you recognise your in the latter, is it wrong to speed up Darwins natural selection by taking yourself out of the gene pool?

Ah Christ. I felt the same at 19. Yes it is wrong to "take yourself out of the gene pool" stop that thinking anyway straight away.

Look at this thread, just count how many people have argued that the Alpha, beta system barely applies to humans and look at the evidence to support that.
    Your not unworthy of living and reproducing just because your not a 6 foot 6 rugby player with a loud mouth.
    In order for a species to survive it needs variations in physical size and even personality.

You can see that right now in nature, some populations of fish are becoming generally smaller because being a big fish gets you killed.

Mate selection isn't even always based on size some species of birds have bizzare system where the smaller males impersonate females and bang everything around them. While the big guy is basically just used for protection and doesn't mate as often.

Personality variations are important. Look up the case of pumpkin seed fish ( its an adorable name and they're adorable) there's two typical personalities in that species. Risk takers and more cautious fish, if they were all risk takers they'd have been wiped out by now.
    Human beings NEED as much variation as we can get. Its a very small gene pool to start with and your not going to help by making it smaller.

And all that's besides the point. You're a human being. Some of the greatest contributions to science, the arts, literature, music all the stuff that makes us human was made by people who weren't exactly genetic lottery winners.

Stop reading into this alpha male nonsense!! Confidence is sexy and almost universally accepted as one thing that makes a man attractive whether that's a quite confidence or an outspoken one.
    Your not going to make yourself confident thinking of yourself as a "cuck" and a waste of genetic material.
    Whatever it is that's making you feel that way, you need to confront it head on and cut it out of your life.
    You won't be successful if you fill your head with rubbish, your mind is like a replicator. Fill it with **** and you just get more ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

I'm not sure what all the qualifications are to categorise yourself as an alpha male, but I'd have absolutely no hesitancy in saying I'm a natural leader amongst men. I'm tall, broad of shoulder, in pretty incredible shape, and have an air of knowledge, authority, and gravitas that makes other respect me. Some may even fear me. And I don't want to sound big-headed, but I'm a magnet for the opposite sex. Men want to be me, and women want to be with me.

Now not everyone can have my natural advantages, but there are things one can do to improve the sometimes extremely limited hand they've been dealt in life. This is probably even truer on a site like this to be honest.

1) Dress appropriately. A hoodie, tatty jeans, and a pair of 'cons' isn't a good look for a man past about the age of 22, if ever. Find out fits and colours that make the most of what you have.

2) Become culturally aware. Develop interests in current affairs, literature, music that isn't techno or metal, the culinary arts, philosophy and so forth. Playing computer games and arguing on the internet aren't attractive hobbies.

3) Grooming. That pubic-style beard hanging off the end of your soft chin? Get rid of it, because it almost certainly doesn't suit you.

4) Exercise. Team sports are best, but if you aren't able to do them for a particular reason, then go to the gym, swim, cycle, or take up running. Watching Conor McGregor fight doesn't count as partaking in sport.

5) Don't use alcohol for 'Dutch courage'. There's few things less attractive than some red-faced Irishman approaching a woman, stinking of beer, and looking like a zombie from a George Romero movie. A number of paramours of mine have told me that cheesy chat-up lines don't work either.

I could go on for another while, but what I've given above is a good starting point for most of you.

Either that post is (a) joking or (b) a stinking steaming sack of giraffe sh**

Everything you've listed is based on trying to make other people like you...that's not alpha that's a pathetic cry for attention..and pathetic it is

Every word of that list screams pay attention to me, please pay attention to me

Here's an alternative list

Dress however you like : Because you should be capable of getting someone to respect you regardless of how you're dressed..I regulary go to work in track pants, air max and a hoodie while my colleagues show up in suits ..I'm not trying to impress anyone and couldn't find a f*** to give about starting to. I do just fine

Choose your interests : pursue what you're interested in and forget b****x like current affairs.. everyone should do what they love not what someone tells them. Get real

Grooming: Again style as you feel appropriate... whether that's clean shaven and neat hair or biker beard and ponytail..just keep away from the skinny jeans and blow-drys..they are both feminine things ( we are talking about masculine things here)

Exercise: yes and let's not forget eating real food. Good training in whatever you like and a good diet work wonders for mind body and soul...do that for you and ONLY you.. never for anyone else.

Alcohol: stay away from it and all recreational drugs...they are distractions, toxins, harmful and social crutches amongst other things...a real "leader" needs none of these to thrive..

So while the other poster is more concerned about getting others to like him.. this above post is about making yourself a leader by flat out not succumbing to social norms and peer pressure

I know which of the two I'd respect...and it wouldn't be the idiot posting picture after picture of himself on Instagram or trying to impress people through other attention seeking mediums

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Honestly it's getting harder and harder to tell this is an Irish forum. 'Alpha male'? Who talks like this?
    I wish I could give this more likes. It's like when I see "race" based threads and people come out with "Is it okay to be white any more" or "whites are the only valid race target". Maybe in New York or LA or something people could genuinely wonder these things, but what sort of complex racial zeitgeist is going on in Roscommon town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Cucka really??? Another Alt Right takeover???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Fourier wrote: »
    ...what sort of complex racial zeitgeist is going on in Roscommon town.

Ballaghaderreen for example.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    Ballaghaderreen for example.
    Yes, I am aware there are places where immigration issues are important. However there is a large component of race discussions coming from people just immersing themselves in American culture via the internet and "picking a side". This cuts both ways, like college students here supporting black history month (which I have seen).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

How am I as a 5ft 5in 19yr old male going to ever have a worthy life if success is determined by so many things I can't control?

Now I can understand the plight of Elliot Rodger really well reading this thread.

Don't get me wrong, as animals there will always be natural Alpha, Betas, and Cuckas but honestly if you recognise your in the latter, is it wrong to speed up Darwins natural selection by taking yourself out of the gene pool?

Jesus bro I feel your pain. I'm 3 inches taller than you and it feels ****ing terrible. Must be a real killer. Don't let these broads bring you down bud. We would all maybe like to attract someone but what can ya do. I honestly believe most relationships are toxic these days anyway.

In reference to five foot 9 spotty geeks, Zuckerburg is not alpha, he would garner no respect outside of the bubble he's created for himself. It's a nice dynamic change and we might see workplaces which move away from the 1960's conservative ideals that predominated for so long but let's not fool ourselves.

I will say this though buddy, fact of the matter is if your face was attractive you'd still pull. My cousin is tiny but he's handsome as ****, he would have had way more success had he been even my height but for him it didn't matter so much. If you have the looks, height isn't that important but you need to be exceptionally good looking like Dave Franco(5 foot 5)

Give women the choice between Zuckerburg and 6 foot 4 tatted masculine hunk working as a mechanic they will choose the hunk every time.

I've been around a guy whose pretty famous right now in Ireland, lad is about as funny as getting dragged through glass on the back of a lambo but had all the broads laughing and eating out of palm of his hand. Think he may have had a threesome afterwards. Alpha male.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

21Savage wrote: »
    I honestly believe most relationships are toxic these days anyway.

Whatever about the rest of your post, that's an utterly tragically way to view the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

It's so nice to have these threads. I get all confused God love me, thinking I know what I think and how I'd be likely to react in certain situations. Thank God there's these alpha bros to tell me how all women, including me, really think and act and feel.

I am a bit confused again now though, seeing as the last time the menfolk* gathered and kindly explained things, I thought the upshot was that women hate sex, pretend to like it, and then drop the act once they're able to use a man as an atm. Now apparently we're just all about that dick, all we care about us looks, and money's no good.

*yes I know, not all of ye or even remotely close to it.

Yes, I am aware there are places where immigration issues are important. However there is a large component of race discussions coming from people just immersing themselves in American culture via the internet and "picking a side". This cuts both ways, like college students here supporting black history month (which I have seen).

I was pointing out the ignorance of your statement and didn't mention anything about immigration issues.

Also, you have now picked a side and are part of the problem you identified.

• Advertisement

It's so nice to have these threads. I get all confused God love me, thinking I know what I think and how I'd be likely to react in certain situations. Thank God there's these alpha bros to tell me how all women, including me, really think and act and feel.

I am a bit confused again now though, seeing as the last time the menfolk* gathered and kindly explained things, I thought the upshot was that women hate sex, pretend to like it, and then drop the act once they're able to use a man as an atm. Now apparently we're just all about that dick, all we care about us looks, and money's no good.

*yes I know, not all of ye or even remotely close to it.
    Sorry bro, could you go to Google Translate and pick "Femo-Nazi Bull => Alpha", cuz I'm in the middle of a lift and don't got time to understand this PMS crap.

I was pointing out the ignorance of your statement and didn't mention anything about immigration issues.
    I know, I did.
    Also, you have now picked a side and are part of the problem you identified.
    What? What side did I pick?

Anyway bro, as I said, I'm in the middle of a lift, your beta talk is a serious downer.

I know, I did.

What? What side did I pick?

Anyway bro, as I said, I'm in the middle of a lift, your beta talk is a serious downer.

What a cop out.

Sorry bro, could you go to Google Translate and pick "Femo-Nazi Bull => Alpha", cuz I'm in the middle of a lift and don't got time to understand this PMS crap.

I'm possibly pregnant now just from reading that. Dominant af.

What a cop out.
    A cop out of what? What side did I pick?

EDIT: The only opinion I stated was that several threads here seem more based on American issues than Irish ones. I mentioned Immigration issues because you mentioned Ballaghaderreen, why did you mention it then?

I'm possibly pregnant now just from reading that. Dominant af.
    I wish I could say it was parody, but it's pretty close to the Return of Kings comment sections.

I wish I could say it was parody, but it's pretty close to the Return of Kings comment sections.

The sad thing is it took me a second. The bit about lifting gave you away but yeah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Repsulive

Young men like us really got the short end of the straw. We live in the one time where being a white male is a negative thing.

What makes me laugh is seeing female posters say 'just be yourself' when they'd run a mile from you.

The average western male these days is raised on a diet of soy and feminism. We never had a chance.

Repsulive wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, as animals there will always be natural Alpha, Betas, and Cuckas but honestly if you recognise your in the latter, is it wrong to speed up Darwins natural selection by taking yourself out of the gene pool?[/quote

Young men like us really got the short end of the straw. We live in the one time where being a white male is a negative thing.

What makes me laugh is seeing female posters say 'just be yourself' when they'd run a mile from you.

The average western male these days is raised on a diet of soy and feminism. We never had a chance.

Aw man it's a bloodbath out there. In everything in life the 80/20 rule holds true. There are winners and losers and we are the losers. I'm trying to cope with self-improvement and working but it's a ****ing joke. What's the point doing anything? I'm old af now so I can't even cope anymore. I'll never ever experience young love, even young 20's love. Even I woke up tomorrow looking like David Gandy I still missed out on many relationships because I lack many alpha qualities. Girls I thought might like me just ghosting and swerving. Yet my alpha boys have girls stuck to them like glue.

Broads really dig correctly used quote tags, did none of your boys ever tell you that? Yo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Broads really dig correctly used quote tags, did none of your boys ever tell you that? Yo.

The views being expressed are incredibly troubling. It's as if there's a bunch of 29 year olds who read the book of a pick up artist and have reverted to age sixteen...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Odd the way they are messing up the quotes in the same way, isn't it?

I'm 6 foot bit let me tell you heighy means NOTHING if you haven't got a pretty face.

But hey, jus b urself bro, we're all equal, women aren't visual etc.

I'm 6 foot but let me tell you height means NOTHING if you haven't got a pretty face.

Odd the way they are messing up the quotes in the same way, isn't it?

You could be right but I've seen that happen on other threads too, I think when people are posting from mobile and one person fecks it up and other people quote them it snowballs like that.

I'm 6 foot bit let me tell you heighy means NOTHING if you haven't got a pretty face.

Yeah legit bro. I feel your pain

You got to be hitting a lot of the right boxes unfortunately.
    Handsome
    Tall
    Good in bed
    At least average sized if you catch my drift
    Enigmatic

If you were enigmatic and radiated enough sexual energy you'd probably pull though. Too bad we lack that drive. Probably something in our upbringing. However, the general consensus is that these alpha male types are beginning to 'hoard' so to speak, women. Results on Tinder show 80 per cent of women want the top 20 per cent of guys. Its a ****ing arms race out there. I know plenty of attractive alpha male guys who are having threesomes regularly. Dublin isn't that big. These numbers add up.
    It's surely only going to get tougher for the younger generations. I feel for all those cool guys that will no doubt be spat out and chewed in the dating game for the simple fact they lack a combination of qualities to survive in it.

pitifulgod wrote: »

The views being expressed are incredibly troubling. It's as if there's a bunch of 29 year olds who read the book of a pick up artist and have reverted to age sixteen...

We're just being honest.

We're just being honest.

The two things are in no way mutually exclusive. And while I'd imagine at least one of ye is taking the piss, young, vulnerable lads do end up buying into it.

The offline world is full of short/bald/beta/whatever men living their lives happily with partners and children and successful careers. And then this self-pitying, self-sabotaging tripe online, under the guise of being helpful or self-aware.

God almighty, I'm thinking of friends of mine who might not be the tallest or most assertive or best looking and who have lovely partners and social circles and jobs and lives, and what might have happened to them if they'd been caught by this at a low point when they were young. I think they're too copped on like but who knows.

Are you from Dublin? Dublin might be a harsher animal than other places in Ireland and a bit ahead of the curve. Maybe your mates got with broads because they had status from being GAA players or something? Has anyone been around Coppers All-Ireland night? I had to run home in tears in light of what was happening. I actually got sick out of rage. Jealously peaked that night. Was a real awakening of what a different world I was living in. I felt like a ghost watching on. I saw one of the players literally eye**** some hot dimepiece and she just went in there with them there and then. She was with a guy(may have been her bf) and just left him on the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Who's the alpha male in the Hangover films?

At first glance it appears to be Bradley Cooper. But look at how Zack Galifiwiffywhatever manipulates his friends. He drugs them and causes all their problems but somehow they forgive him because they feel sorry for him. By the third film he's cock of the walk, is saying "brah" like an expert and has everyone dancing to the beat of his drum just like the rats in the Pied Piper of Hamelin.

I've been researching this now for the last two years with some of my other scientist bromeisters. As part of our research we go out every Saturday and see who gets the best quality tail. You'd think my boy Stud McBigschlong would get all the action but it's just not the case. It's my buddy Nerd McStereotype that gets all the pussyasstail.

We've proven that the ladies love a man who will go to extremes to get what he wants, including drugging his friends, but who on the surface appears to be a loser. This is all down to simple geometrics my friend. Who do you think was getting all the action backstage on The A-Team? Do you think it was The Face? Nigga please. We've conducted interviews with the director and he can confirm it was Mad Murdock that was swimming in the finest quality asscheek.

In conclusion you should come to my seminar to learn more.

Advertisement