Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I don't think I'd even wear a wifey top/hat if I was a wife! Each to their own and all that but bit much? Unless they did get engaged? Doubt it maybe they just decided to get a puppy because I saw someone mentioned it in her Instagram and she said they had just talked about it! This was last week! She tends to over celebrate things to so ya never know!!

I'm loving Lisa Jordan lately! She never brags and certainly could she seems very down to earth. Dosent take herself seriously and dosent over share! Don't think I'd buy her lipsticks not sure colours would suit me! But she isn't shoving them down people faces and her face lights up when she is talking about them! Whether they white label or not remains to be seen once there launched!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

If Joanne Larby got engaged, she would have it on instagram immediately.
    Within seconds. There is no way that happened. It is going to be something relatively minor. Like a new deal with Pretty Little Thing or a workshop she's doing with Paul.

Unless there's a plane flying over Dublin with an "I'm engaged!!" tiffany blue (with accents of rose gold) banner as we speak! I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

She replied with the incredibly mature comment of " do you just eat one kind of cereal!!" My reply that I don't actually like cereal (which is also the truth) got me blocked!!!

The real question is, do you just eat one kind of Cheetos? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

The body language and facial expressions in this picture, for me, sums up their entire relationship ;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYGVFKQBwh5/?hl=en&taken-by=makeupfairypro

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The body language and facial expressions in this picture, for me, sums up their entire relationship ;)

What is he even doing? So dumb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

That too... puke. No way is she engaged. She over celebrates the smallest things so I'd say they are just moving in together. No biggie, and not something worth making a big deal over. The wifey crap is ridic, I'm 5 years younger than her, with my bf for 6 and you'd NEVER catch me carrying on wearing wifey logo stuff. Juvenile in the extreme. If the news isnt that they are moving it, it'll be some rubbish workshop that no doubt will be cancelled like the last one, or some online training or something, something minor Id bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Hardly looks like the same person as her own enhanced photos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Ray37 wrote: »
    That too... puke. No way is she engaged. She over celebrates the smallest things so I'd say they are just moving in together. No biggie, and not something worth making a big deal over. The wifey crap is ridic, I'm 5 years younger than her, with my bf for 6 and you'd NEVER catch me carrying on wearing wifey logo stuff. Juvenile in the extreme. If the news isnt that they are moving it, it'll be some rubbish workshop that no doubt will be cancelled like the last one, or some online training or something, something minor Id bet.

I’m getting married next year and I wouldn’t even be caught dead wearing a wifey logo stuff. Maybe on my hens and that’s it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm married three weeks and I wouldn't eat a wifey top - and I'm as cheesy as they come!

Her digital detox is going well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Does she not realise how ridiculous she looks? She is a blogger with content all about having a boyfriend. Who has a blog about having a boyfriend? Teenagers don't even behave like that. The majority of her insta and Facebook posts are all about him/ them. Same with her snap chat. Even when he's not around, she's explained where he is. Its absolutely ridiculous. She is always trying to promote his "business" and yet you don't see him doing the same. There's nothing to stop him from giving her lip glosses a plug (as it would appear they are not selling well if she has to do a lip gloss tour - did you ever hear something so ridiculous?) but he never does. Her blog basically only revolves around bragging about the fact that she has a boyfriend and she looks desperate. #couplegoalz ?? #makinganidiotofyourself more like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

ratmouse wrote: »
    She is always trying to promote his "business" and yet you don't see him doing the same. There's nothing to stop him from giving her lip glosses a plug (as it would appear they are not selling well if she has to do a lip gloss tour - did you ever hear something so ridiculous?) but he never does.

To be fair to the boyfriend, he's right to be not plugging her stuff on his channels. He's a personal trainer, he'd look a right sap if he started plugging her beauty products.
    It's up to her how much she features of the boyfriend, and she's obviously obsessed with him. I can't see her cutting back. Sure she said before he was going to have a weekly segment on her Snapchat answering fitness questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    To be fair to the boyfriend, he's right to be not plugging her stuff on his channels. He's a personal trainer, he'd look a right sap if he started plugging her beauty products.
    It's up to her how much she features of the boyfriend, and she's obviously obsessed with him. I can't see her cutting back. Sure she said before he was going to have a weekly segment on her Snapchat answering fitness questions.

I don't disagree. I think he's fierce smart to keep her off his business page. My point is though, considering how much she promotes him, he could do the same back on his snapchat even in return. Lets be honest, about 7,000 of his almost 8000 followers are her followers anyway. She's making an idiot of herself for him with all the plugging and with her unnatural obsession. He, on the other hand, isn't coming across as bad in this respect.

Jesus MUF is awful hard on herself for someone who has only put on a few soft pounds since quitting prep. It's actually really sad to see her so hung up on little changes and be so tough on herself after restricting her eating for so long. Her snaps this morning actually opened my eyes to how much she struggles with her body image in a way that I just don't feel comfortable talking about her body anymore.

I really liked Joanne today. I felt she had taken on board the points about her skin rarely being seen without a filter and how this wasn't ideal for a skincare line. (FYI, she looked very pretty.)

She is so so hard on herself in the snaps about her weight and fitness regime. She is there apologising for herself and explaining herself, like she's a bad person or not worthwhile now. I appreciate her honesty but god, building a brand and a career and a life based off your appearance when you are so self critical is a bad idea. Everything is dependent on her looks. She thinks she has nothing outside of them to give her self worth. I was sad watching her snaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She was beautiful at a 16 she's still beautiful at a 10. She shouldn't feel like she should apologise for enjoying her life and gaining 4 lbs. she needs to learn to love herself more. She has so much love to give if she could just learn to start with herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

i don't think it helps that people seem to come down hard on her on places like forums and that galz page, where they've had to ban any mention of her because people were so unbelievably weird with their comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I literally find it so sad that she feels like she has to apologise for a 4-6lb gain. She’s perfect and it sad that she can’t see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

i don't think it helps that people seem to come down hard on her on places like forums and that galz page, where they've had to ban any mention of her because people were so unbelievably weird with their comments.

Yeah I agree, it’s real mean girl behaviour over there. Some blogger/influencers can’t do anything wrong and others can’t do any right without the masses attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Like in a way she half brought it on herself with her rants, followed by positive vibes only and love and light stuff, but at the same time I don't really see what's so unlikeable about her.
    I'm not talking about the babyish product names either, but people get really personal.
    When i joined that galz page a few months ago they wouldn't hear a bad word about SoSueMe but slated her.
    Which doesn't suit me cos I've disliked Sue since I gave her 75 euro to bore me for a few hours. :-D

• Advertisement

Tbh I thought that they weren't allow discuss her on the page coz of threats of legal action from MUF.... not sure if it's true but I think she's done that a few times so maybe that's why admin won't allow her to be discussed there? As in it's more trouble than it's worth.... Like I said I don't know if that is the case, but it wouldn't surprise me. I also don't think it should be considered unusual to snap yourself withiut a filter, especially if you are brand ambassador for a skincare brand, like is that not a fairly basic requirement? No point if we can't ser your real skin.

She has lovely skin. Really clear and healthy looking.

Yeah it looked in good shape like, no need at all for all the filters and facetune at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

She has lovely skin and her body is unreal, I was so sad when she said "well I'm still an 8-10 I'm just a squishy 8-10 now" and feels like she has to wear baggy clothes the way she is now. sure she still looks fab!

I feel a bit mean here, but I can't be the only one getting sick of hearing about her size? Like she's done extremely well in shedding weight and has a great figure, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about it. Sorry if that seems bitchy, but it just reminds me girls who say they are fat when they are tiny/smaller than you and they know it.

She has lovely skin and her body is unreal, I was so sad when she said "well I'm still an 8-10 I'm just a squishy 8-10 now" and feels like she has to wear baggy clothes the way she is now. sure she still looks fab!

Yea sure we all go through those phases. Some days I'm squishier than others. I try not to be so hard on myself though and just get on with it. If anything her body is just trying to get back to some kind of normalcy after the prep so by right she should be seeing changes. I feel like she just has such unrealistic expectations of herself and gets annoyed at her body when it doesn't do what she wants

Anna, that's exactly it! I feel anyway. TBH I don't think the amount of editing to her pics helps, I actually think she has almost lost sight of how she really looks, and gets upset when she isn't the same as the filtered version of herself.

I feel a bit mean here, but I can't be the only one getting sick of hearing about her size? Like she's done extremely well in shedding weight and has a great figure, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about it. Sorry if that seems bitchy, but it just reminds me girls who say they are fat when they are tiny/smaller than you and they know it.

As you know, I am not her biggest fan, but I think she genuinely does feel like that. I am a couple of sizes smaller than her and there are times when I really do feel like the biggest person ever, but I've had an eating disorder in the past. I think she has major body image issues and an unhealthy relationship with food. I agree that constantly talking about her weight is of no benefit to her though. It feeds into the obsession.

She also just posted that she has a massive hang up re; her hair as she lost a lot of it after a childhood illness. She seems really low at the moment. I hope she has good support.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I can relate to her (now bear in mind I'm old and decrepit and in my forties)

When I was a teenager, I was one of those teenagers who was just a bit of a lump. I was also a terrible tomboy and a bit of a nerd.

Then when I hit 19/20, weight fell off me and ever since I've been a size 8-10 (I've stuff from 4-16, the 16 stuff being vintage)

It was never really a thing to me, but all my adult life I've people commenting on my weight, from "you are so slight, I can't believe you sail, to "you're such a skinny bitch, makes me sick to see you eat that much"

If she's put the time and effort over years to loose a pile of weight and at the same time built a brand (which afaics she has) the two are inextricably linked.

If meeting her OH is as a consequence of that, then all of her self belief is in the "new" her, and anything that disrupts that will cause her to be upset.

As a comparison I don't wear skinny jeans, as I look malnourished in them, despite being fit, healthy and active.

She's the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think it's quite clear how she sees herself is very different to how she looks. I don't feel comfortable discussing her body anymore to be honest. I'm not contributing towards anyone feeling that crap about themselves.

Advertisement