Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was that so sue me or Joan rivers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I'm by no means a fan but is she not doing what she can to promote herself? Sure, "some" of us can see through the bullsh1t but how many impressionable people will wow at that!?!

The blogger/influencer thing has changed in the last few years. You only have to read about Sue deleting old posts to see that but either she is taking bad advice or no advice which in itself is a mistake. The biggest companies in the world have PR so it would be nice to see her deal with the bad press or comments head on instead of blatantly block people.

The new generation of bloggers (you know there will be) I hope will learn from the bad publicity this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The new generation of bloggers (you know there will be) I hope will learn from the bad publicity this year.
    I wouldn't be so sure...

The stuff that has come out about bloggers/ influencers/ snapchatters/ whateveryoucallthem - photoshopping, rigging competitions, promoting stuff but not declaring the commercial relationship, selling cheap stock at overinflated markups, homophobic comments, half truths, - none of it has really had a negative effect from what I can see on bloggers. They are still popular, they still have followers fawning over them and allowing them to continue as they we.

As the saying goes "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You could stick anyone (literally) in front of the photographers at an event like that and they will photograph and ask questions later. Many of them will offload the photographs of her for free as part of the bundle of photos that have some shots of celebrities. They use them to fill pages and promote the Premiere. I think you also queue to go to the photography section, and sometimes get swept into the queue.
    I have been at a few premieres (brag brag :P), as i have a friend who has a brother that works in some capacity for one of the companies, and they always have spares for the movies that aren't going to be blockbusters. I nearly got swept in to that area once.. Never again, i panicked a little and got out.
    It could be anyone, 5 year old children, fans in cosplay, or just randomers that get swept into the photo area by accident. Often there are people who's face you may have seen somewhere before (first dates, big brother years ago etc.) trying to keep their face in the public, and they all end on the same page.

I cringed a lot watching her pose for as long as she did. There was obviously nobody waiting to go behind her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If you look hard enough at her snaps, you can pinpoint the exact moment the paps start to get bored, one puts down the camera and even turns away in a statement of disinterest. But our Sue is resilient. She kept on posing, turning, "who me??", smile, pose, pout, turn. She kept on flogging that horse.

tenor.gif?itemid=5701735

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Poop Dyl had to stand at the back and snapchat the whole thing. He probably had on his Guccis and didn’t get the chance to be an a-lister.
    The new snapchat update replayed it but kept freezing, the Joan Rivers comment is spot on. Plastic fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CallmeKeano

Cria wrote: »
    The snaps went on for the whole day it's a rented house really no need to go on as much as she did

she really only does that because so many people watch so she can post anything and people will still tune in. I don't agree but its how it is.

Advertisement