Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I saw some Muf snaps today for the first time in ages. She was showing some clothes from zara or somewhere. Two jackets she showed and held up the tag showing the price and size, both were medium because ,(she said) she likes to have room to wear a jumper or turtleneck underneath. But jackets are outerwear, thats the point, they already take into account that there will be layers underneath. So if shes a small to medium (which she has said she is) then that size would fit comfortably with a jumper underneath. No need to go up a size.
    Then she showed a pair of trousers that she said were size 10 but held the tag in such a way that you couldn't see the size.
    Now, I don't care what size she is but by covering the size with her finger it makes me wonder if she is really ten at all. I would have thought she'd be delighted to show it.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I really thought she was spoofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

fineso.mom wrote: »
    I saw some Muf snaps today for the first time in ages. She was showing some clothes from zara or somewhere. Two jackets she showed and held up the tag showing the price and size, both were medium because ,(she said) she likes to have room to wear a jumper or turtleneck underneath. But jackets are outerwear, thats the point, they already take into account that there will be layers underneath. So if shes a small to medium (which she has said she is) then that size would fit comfortably with a jumper underneath. No need to go up a size.
    Then she showed a pair of trousers that she said were size 10 but held the tag in such a way that you couldn't see the size.
    Now, I don't care what size she is but by covering the size with her finger it makes me wonder if she is really ten at all. I would have thought she'd be delighted to show it.

On the jacket thing, I'd be a size 10 in tops, but I'd always buy a 12 in jackets. It's just a comfort thing. Joanne suffers awful with her self esteem though, there's nothing wrong with being a medium or larger than a 10. She has a different build to a lot of other bloggers, it's probably not natural for her to be too small, and would be very hard to keep I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

On the jacket thing, I'd be a size 10 in tops, but I'd always buy a 12 in jackets. It's just a comfort thing. Joanne suffers awful with her self esteem though, there's nothing wrong with being a medium or larger than a 10. She has a different build to a lot of other bloggers, it's probably not natural for her to be too small, and would be very hard to keep I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

She always seems to be at that size justification lark. Saying that she buys things oversized for comfort ,etc. Also often no size given for clothes being sold on Depop which is very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She was very careful not to get the size of the trousers in shot.

• Advertisement

Why bother trying to go to such lengths to cover up your real size though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

When she was heavier the size was never ever revealed. Now its "I just picked up this in a size 8...".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    When she was heavier the size was never ever revealed. Now its "I just picked up this in a size 8...".

Because she is allegedly, a curvy size 8

• Advertisement

That is absolutely hilarious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Not the first time I've heard about these bloggers doing this to businesses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Who is muf ? :confused:

threein99 wrote: »

Make Up Fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

threein99 wrote: »
    Makeup Fairy, Joanne Larby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Her constant reference to her size is so annoying. Congrats to her on the weight loss and all, but it's done in such a way that she tries to breeze over the size, but you know she is dying to tell everyone when she got something in a small etc. It's very obvious. I find her to be very 'braggy' in a lot of areas, I find it a very off putting quality. It's all a bit self congratulatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Ray37 wrote: »
    It's all a bit self congratulatory.

Self praise is no praise ;)

Exactly. It's different from self confidence, that doesnt need to be shouted from the rooftops and validated by what size jeans you wear.... Like we all love to feel good and want to be happy when we lose a few lbs, but to continually allude to how 'tiny' you've become is just a major eye roll for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ray37 wrote: »
    Exactly. It's different from self confidence, that doesnt need to be shouted from the rooftops and validated by what size jeans you wear.... Like we all love to feel good and want to be happy when we lose a few lbs, but to continually allude to how 'tiny' you've become is just a major eye roll for me.

Sure clothes size means nothing it can be different in different shops anyway!!
    I have clothes in 2-3 different sizes for that reason and I'd say it's the same for most people.

If she's genuinely confident in her size why does she need to manipulate her photos... Makes no sense really.

• Advertisement

The photoshopping... I've seen real pics, as in unedited ones, and let's just say she is heavily reliant on filters, facetune, and changing her entire body shape....

It's the "I got this in a medium BECAUSE, and I got this in a 10 BECAUSE" that irks me. Why do you need to justify what size you are or why you bought that size? You don't do it for smaller sizes. You're more than happy to say "this is a size 8" and leave it at that, no excuses necessary. Stinks of being insecure over her size.

I know, what does she want, people to snap her and say 'amazing that you are wearing a size small, congrats'???? It's a very odd way to carry on at her age, she is extremely immature. I don't even think she'd appeal to many teens, which makes me wonder who the hardcore fans are? Unless they are super young, maybe 12/13??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

It's definitely insecurity. I mean she tells us every time she's bloated in case anyone would think otherwise and tbh I can't see a difference. I think she looks grand.

I've always been a bigger size because of my genetic child rearing hips and boobs. Does this make me fat - no but it does mean I have to go up sizes to look covered. Nothing worse than a shirt stretched so tight across the bust area with the buttons straining so much it's a potential health hazard to passing eyes. *pop*

Also I though she was doing all those weights and stuff to get a more muscular body, so again you'd go up a size without being a plus size model. She used to always show off her bum, think she was going for a bit of a Kim K look - again, you'd have to go up a size to cover it.

Size really doesn't matter because we're all different shapes and sizes and shops all have their own weird scales. A size 12 could vary between an 8 -6 depending on the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Speaking of fairy, she was at the pretty little thing headquarters today and left with a bag soooooo massive that the bag needed two seats on the train home. Then a picture of her posing with said massive bag (which is no doubt full of tat)!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

Speaking of fairy, she was at the pretty little thing headquarters today and left with a bag soooooo massive that the bag needed two seats on the train home. Then a picture of her posing with said massive bag (which is no doubt full of tat)!

Saw the picture on Instagram, thought it a really odd idea to wear a Nike branded top to visit another clothing retailer even if it’s not a direct competitor it was the Nike logo that first caught my eye not the PLT bag.

Who wears gym gear to a press event?

She'll have everything in that bag on Depop about 30 seconds after she's taken it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

PLT have some nice bits. It's not really aimed at her age bracket but I'd take a big bag of stuff if it was going.

James Kavanagh today and his iphone 8+, so lucky!! You can't dislike him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

wendydoll wrote: »
    I had to google it because I thought I was saying it wrong. She says is more like "giv-von-shee" rather than "jee-von-shee". I'm not saying everyone needs to know how to pronounce French names but come on, they pronounce it on their givenchy perfume ads every year on the run up to Christmas especially. and you just dropped the small fortune on a small bag, at least get the name right.

I think she also use to pronounce the "t" in Yves Saint Laurent as well.

This is so funny, I thought Beyonce educated the masses on how to pronounce it- "I'm so reckless when I rock my Givenchy dress"

Advertisement