Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

It was snapchat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

For the last while she's been really pushing for people to comment on her instagram posts. Running secret giveaways, "just post anything under my last pic to be in with a chance to win". She's just trying to get her interaction up with this click-bait type behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    For the last while she's been really pushing for people to comment on her instagram posts. Running secret giveaways, "just post anything under my last pic to be in with a chance to win". She's just trying to get her interaction up with this click-bait type behaviour.

Yeah I really don't understand why they are called 'secret giveaways'. What's the secret part?

She's rumored to have been buying insta followers for quite some time. I think the drive for comments is likely being pushed by her agency to make it look like she has more engagement. I think it's to cover up that she was getting very little engagement, and Id imagine in order to get collabs any brands in the UK want to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

In the UK, snapchat followers don't seem to count at all in terms of an influencers reach. They are all about instagram and youtube.

I guess this is mainly because only the snapchat user themselves can see how many follow them, so the brands working with an influencer can't quantify the following or growth.

That's why she has people commenting nonsensical rubbish like #snapfam on her instagram pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ray37 wrote: »
    She's rumored to have been buying insta followers for quite some time. I think the drive for comments is likely being pushed by her agency to make it look like she has more engagement. I think it's to cover up that she was getting very little engagement, and Id imagine in order to get collabs any brands in the UK want to see this.
    But surely they can just check on Social Blade?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Actually come to think of it when she made him breakfast and said "I'm such a good wife" it was totally cringe.
    Then she said I'm getting loads of messages, no we didn't secretly fet married it's just a phrase.
    Yes, for married people. I've been with my bf 7 years and never said that.
    Guaranteed her fans were messaging him too omg congrats!! Level 5 hint dropping.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUhOuBuB-Fk/?hl=en&taken-by=makeupfairypro

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/X2Rv6xZuWqc/hqdefault.jpg

Yes, exactly you can. Hence why she's trying to fix the blatantness of it by pushing people to comment.

She has increases of over 500 followers a day at least once a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Hahaha overly attached girlfriend, love that meme!
    I never saw that actually. I still like her though, even on full intensity mode. She seems happier than she did while single. The rants every two weeks have stopped anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

I just realised I got blocked By the MUF for asking her about that new skincare brand she is being paid to promote! Asked her was it genuinely good as she had been raving about pestle and mortar only a few weeks ago and that was an ad too!

I just realised I got blocked By the MUF for asking her about that new skincare brand she is being paid to promote! Asked her was it genuinely good as she had been raving about pestle and mortar only a few weeks ago and that was an ad too!
    I'm not saying this to be bitchy against MUF but I wonder if you should drop the Italian skincare a message saying that their new brand ambassador blocked you for sending <insert message>. I'm too afraid to ask any of the influencers questions in case I get blocked and that's not good for any company that they are representing.

You should be able to ask a 'brand ambassador' a question without being blocked. She's a disgrace, anything that isn't glowing praise is deleted or blocked. How can brands associate themselves with someone so shady I wonder?

You should be able to ask a 'brand ambassador' a question without being blocked. She's a disgrace, anything that isn't glowing praise is deleted or blocked. How can brands associate themselves with someone so shady I wonder?
    But it's not just her, there are so many that hate any genuine questions that's not outright praise. I've seen so many people blocked for being "haters" when the reality is they just asked a question (obviously there are trolls but I'm not talking about them).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

I just asked her a genuine question as to whether she was using the product long enough to be able to rave about it when she was only raving about the other products a few weeks beforehand and we all know it takes a few weeks to see results! she had said pestle and mortar were the most amazing skincare etc and then the new Italian brand were the most amazing ones! Both with #ad! Asked her In a really nice way does she use them all the time! She sent a really bitchy reply saying you are allowed to use different brands of makeup etc!!i said fair enough but it's just hard to see whether they are genuinely great as she is being paid to say it rather than showing any evidence of the positive effect it had on her skin! She replied with the incredibly mature comment of " do you just eat one kind of cereal!!" My reply that I don't actually like cereal (which is also the truth) got me blocked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

blairbear wrote: »
    She's taking a break from social media but asking us all to guess what she's up to by looking at her instagram picture.

I think she lives in Opposite Land.

Opposite land haha

If the skincare is so amazing, why doesnt she ever snap with a filter, and why is every photo on Insta facetuned? You can't see the real texture of her skin at all. That brand seem like cowboys by hiring her I think. Nobody actually knows what she really looks like.

If the skincare is so amazing, why doesnt she ever snap with a filter, and why is every photo on Insta facetuned? You can't see the real texture of her skin at all. That brand seem like cowboys by hiring her I think. Nobody actually knows what she really looks like.
    I've seen a few without filters I think but not for a long time. She's done a few post gym back before Paul. She has freckles and I think she looks so much better without the filter than with. The few freckles she has really suits her

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod
    siobhan1983, please read the charter. You are not permitted to post in this forum unless you have a minimum of 50 posts on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Joanne has a new jumper. That says Happy Wifey on it.

Stick a fork in me, bitches; I'm DONE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does she think this is cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

What an absolute idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Oh my God that's appallingly embarrassing.

Im guessing she hasn't revealed her "news" yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Does he have one saying "soon to be single"....she is a stage 5 clinger

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

Did she actually get engaged do you think ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Oh my God that's appallingly embarrassing.

Im guessing she hasn't revealed her "news" yet?

I've just remembered this is MUF and not sosue.

THat's pathetic tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Sufitzy wrote: »
    Did she actually get engaged do you think ?

I meant to unfollow her but forgot to do it on snapchat, just saw her reach for a bottle of drink there and her left hand is ring free... The one she deliberately hid on instagram.

I'd be very surprised if he proposed, he's nowhere near as into her as she is. Sure she has a hat saying Wifey already.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Even if she did get engaged you'd have to nuts to have a jumper saying wifey when you are really only a fiancée. Say his friends rip the piss out of him for the way she carries on. It's not normal. Ok some dream of getting married etc but jesus if you boyfriend was cooling the jets and you were still making comments/buying thing like that, you would have to be nut. If you want to have those desires, at least keep them in your head while you aren't getting the same reaction from your other half

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

I meant to unfollow her but forgot to do it on snapchat, just saw her reach for a bottle of drink there and her left hand is ring free... The one she deliberately hid on instagram.

I'd be very surprised if he proposed, he's nowhere near as into her as she is. Sure she has a hat saying Wifey already.

I unfollowed on Snapchat after the million snaps about the YSL bag !

Think your right but I just don’t get why you would want to wear a top with Wifey on it, the carry on is bizarre.

He seems quiet cheesy so could like that sort of stuff cause but I know for sure I’d be scarlet wearing something like that on a random Tuesday 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Not exactly bragging, but So Sue Me is the worst for chewing while talking on snapchat. It's literally the worst.
    Even when she's not chewing every snap starts with a tut because her veneers are too big for her gob.

Advertisement