Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I have a black tie Xmas party to go to in December when I'll be 21 weeks pregnant. Anyone any idea where I could get a nice long formal occasion dress? That doesn't cost the earth? Wish I could see into the future and see what kinda size bump I'll have by then too !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Blingy Asos has a good range.

Blingy Asos has a good range.

Will check it out. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Blingy wrote:
    I have a black tie Xmas party to go to in December when I'll be 21 weeks pregnant. Anyone any idea where I could get a nice long formal occasion dress? That doesn't cost the earth? Wish I could see into the future and see what kinda size bump I'll have by then too !!!

Definitely Asos have lovely stuff but try and wait as long as possible...so hard to know how big you'll be!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

+1 for Asos. I had a wedding recently and bought a few dresses a couple of weeks in advance and sent back the ones I didn't want for free.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks a million everyone for the replies. My bloods were taken at my scan on oct 6th and I was told my GP would be in touch if anything came up. On that actually I don't have another hospital appt until the end of Jan and I was told I don't need to see my GP again until week 20. Is this normal? I guess i just thought I'd be seen more often.

The appointments get more frequent once you pass the halfway mark - this link shows the general frequency of the appointments: http://www.welldonemum.ie/A_MatInfantcare.html

My GP does a 16 week appointment but I don't think all of them do. I saw the GP again on week 20 and week 24, then I'll be seeing my consultant at 28 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Info if it's useful to anyone

phi3 wrote:
    Info if it's useful to anyone

Wow loads of good info there! Thank u!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I'm due my second baby in mid-April. I was sooooo tired for the last 6 weeks or so but I think that has subsided now. I didn't really need to wear maternity clothes last time around until I was about 20 weeks but there's no way I'll get away with that this time so I may have to visit the attic this weekend and root out my clothes from last time around.

Apart from this thread I don't really know anywhere else that I can chat to mothers due around the same time as me, could someone point me in the direction of a facebook group or something please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Apart from this thread I don't really know anywhere else that I can chat to mothers due around the same time as me, could someone point me in the direction of a facebook group or something please

Hey holly, I don't actually know of any Facebook groups, I did look them up but they all seem to be American and that wouldn't be for me.
    I'm due 22nd, 14 +4 today on my second pregnancy. Feeling well at the minute, not expanding as much this time as I did with my first which has me slightly concerned, apart from that I am well. First midwife appointment in 10 days so looking forward to that,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I'm due my second baby in mid-April. I was sooooo tired for the last 6 weeks or so but I think that has subsided now. I didn't really need to wear maternity clothes last time around until I was about 20 weeks but there's no way I'll get away with that this time so I may have to visit the attic this weekend and root out my clothes from last time around.

Apart from this thread I don't really know anywhere else that I can chat to mothers due around the same time as me, could someone point me in the direction of a facebook group or something please :)

Rollercoaster have fb group for each month..someone (a member)sets up private fb group and you just msg them to add you.im dou g ot for may group once i tell more ppl

Have ye all told people by now? I have to tell work next week and am absolutely terrified. I find it very hard to say the words. Even to myself. Is there any other way to say it to your boss other than "I'm pregnant" It seem very blunt. Like there should be some kind of lead up to it... :confused:

Ruby I literally never said the words "I'm pregnant" with my first, I've barely said it with my second now. I exist in almost total denial and talk around it rather than about it. I've avoided telling people so many times because I just didn't want to say the words, the record being two hours in a pub with friends at 32 weeks before another friend forced me to say it...actually my husband did it because I wouldn't!

Luckily I'm self employed so didn't have a boss to tell! But just come straight out with it, best to just get it out and done.

Ruby I literally never said the words "I'm pregnant" with my first, I've barely said it with my second now. I exist in almost total denial and talk around it rather than about it. Luckily I'm self employed so didn't have a boss to tell! But just come straight out with it, best to just get it out and done.

Yeah in denial a bit myself. Still don't quite believe it even though I've seen the scan. But I keep thinking that was a few weeks ago. What if the baby is gone or has died or something. I know it's stupid but I can't help it. I just can't come to terms with the fact that I will have a baby in a few months time. I keep thinking something will go wrong.

Well I'm sitting here 38 weeks pregnant with Braxton hicks and feet sticking out at my side and I still don't believe there's an actual baby, and this is my second. I think it's totally normal, it's an odd concept, an anxious time, and when it's your first it's a total unknown, I think it's difficult for us to comprehend there's a real person being made. I found a pic from our anomaly scan a few days ago and said to my husband that I had totally forgotten it has a face :D It's just this rolling kicking hiccuping thing, I still can't see it as a real baby. Hope my odd view of things helps :)

RubyXI wrote:
    Have ye all told people by now? I have to tell work next week and am absolutely terrified. I find it very hard to say the words. Even to myself. Is there any other way to say it to your boss other than "I'm pregnant" It seem very blunt. Like there should be some kind of lead up to it...

I told work after my first scan! I just said I had a hospital appointment and that I'm due a baby on April 2nd. Simple really....you will be surprised at how nice people are when you tell them! Well I hope so anyways!!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I was brickin it...so easy to tell strangers though. Told a few closer co workers after 12wk scan. They were thrilled and prob thought it wasnt goung to happen..
    I also keeep thinking something could happen..the prospect of 20wk scan is terrifying.

Totally understand the feeling. I'm hoping to tell work next week although I totally think they have twigged. Wish someone else would tell them for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I've only told everyone in work this week really and I'm due mid-march. Told my boss at 18 weeks but have really started showing now so was hard to disguise it. There are still some friends I haven't told. Was kind of waiting for the 20 week scan too.

Think I might have felt movement. Not sure... It was sort of towards my right side

• Advertisement

RubyXI wrote: »
    Think I might have felt movement. Not sure... It was sort of towards my right side

Oooh that's so exciting. How many weeks are you now? I'm 15 weeks and can't wait until I feel movement!!

Blingy wrote: »
    Oooh that's so exciting. How many weeks are you now? I'm 15 weeks and can't wait until I feel movement!!

I'm just nearly 16 weeks so not sure if it's too early to feel it

RubyXI wrote: »
    I'm just nearly 16 weeks so not sure if it's too early to feel it

I think it all depends on where baby is positioned so it could well be movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

How is everyone doing?
    I'm 17 weeks now, feeling like I have a proper bump most days then some days that I just look fat!
    Feeling a few movements but very irregular, heartburn is starting again but not too bad as yet.
    Had my booking in appointment last week with midwife and I said i wanted consultant led care instead this time, she was a bit put out but when I explained all the ins and outs of my last pregnancy and labour she said she agreed it was best for me! First consultant appointment in couple weeks then I will book a private anomaly scan for early December.
    Hope everyone else is well.

16 weeks and definitely looking like I've been eating too much. I feel fat. Not sure how noticeable it is to anyone else yet. But yeah fully formed bump is definitely close. Not sure how I'm going to deal with that. I'm hoping I won't get too big but that's beyond my control I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I'm 17 weeks too :) my bump has definitely popped out, this is my second so think my stomach muscles have just given up at this stage :P
    Have my anomoly scan on the 1st of December, sooo looking forward to that. Dying to find out the gender! Is anyone else finding out or are you keeping it a secret?

I'm almost 20 weeks ....will be tomorrow. Have anomaly scan on Tues and going to hopefully find out the gender! I hope all is well...that's the main thing! I have a feeling it's a girl ....no idea what I'm basing that on tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

I'll be 18 weeks Tuesday. Definitely have a bump, not having an anomaly scan as Limerick don't offer them. Hoping to make an appointment to see my go in the next week or so for a check up. Nothing wrong, just haven't seen anyone since 12 week scan. Feeling well except for tiredness.... i keep hearing it lifts in second trimester.... waiting impatiently!

Hope everyone else is well

16 weeks tomorrow and consultant appointment on Wednesday. I can't wait just for the reassurance that everything is ok.
    Have an awful headache today for some reason.

Anomaly scan is on 19th December so Christmas week. Can't wait for that either. Won't be finding out the gender though although for practical reasons it would be very handy to know and explain to my 2 yr old.
    Great to hear everyone's doing well. Lots of tiredness here too.

• Advertisement

Just nearly 17 weeks. Over the weekend bump was definitely starting to form but it seems to be gone again now.... I'm a bit scared. Could there be a problem or is it just something that happens?

Advertisement