Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I'm the same, I didn't wear maternity clothes til I was 5 months gone with my first pregnancy but I was wearing my maternity jeans at 4 months...it's just nice to have the extra support. Most of my clothes were purchased online, I have short legs so I've struggled to find trousers but I have a few pair of jeans which I bought on the Next website...I actually prefer them to my regular jeans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Blingy did you have your physio appointment yet? Got mine for Friday. Can't come quick enough, I'm in a bad way tonight, can't sit down because of an uncomfortable numb kind of feeling in left hip and buttocks, ended up kneeling on the floor and leaning on a small stool and that was the only comfortable position, currently lying in bed which is the only alternative. Feeling very pregnant the last couple days and only coming to 20 weeks. Nearly half way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

ainy wrote: »
    Blingy did you have your physio appointment yet? Got mine for Friday. Can't come quick enough, I'm in a bad way tonight, can't sit down because of an uncomfortable numb kind of feeling in left hip and buttocks, ended up kneeling on the floor and leaning on a small stool and that was the only comfortable position, currently lying in bed which is the only alternative. Feeling very pregnant the last couple days and only coming to 20 weeks. Nearly half way!

Do you have an exercise ball / birthing ball? I found mine amazing for sitting and leaning against through my pregnancy. They have them in Argos for about a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Hi ladies! I am in maternity clothes now and am 23weeks on Monday. Got work clothes in Dorothy Perkins online and jeggings in new look. Feel much more comfy in them and I look properly pregnant now in them.
    In other news I fell in a carpark today...slipped on the wet ground. Landed on my back and my wrist so feeling V sorry for myself tonight. Be careful out there ladies at this time of year! X

I do, well its in the shed at the minute, my partner suggested maybe it was time for it, I don't want to admit hes right!
    Just feels very early to be needing it, I'm hoping physio on Friday will give me positions or stretches or something.

• Advertisement

laylag wrote:
    Hi ladies! I am in maternity clothes now and am 23weeks on Monday. Got work clothes in Dorothy Perkins online and jeggings in new look. Feel much more comfy in them and I look properly pregnant now in them. In other news I fell in a carpark today...slipped on the wet ground. Landed on my back and my wrist so feeling V sorry for myself tonight. Be careful out there ladies at this time of year! X

Oh no laylag, hope you're ok, thats a fright to get.

I do, well its in the shed at the minute, my partner suggested maybe it was time for it, I don't want to admit hes right!
    Just feels very early to be needing it, I'm hoping physio on Friday will give me positions or stretches or something.

Think of it as prevention rather than the cure!

ainy wrote:
    Oh no laylag, hope you're ok, thats a fright to get.

Thanks! I'm ok now but got a bad fright. Feeling like I'm about 90 this evening...have a sore back, dodgy hip and now wrist as well after the fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

There is a group session on Tuesday I have been invited to but totally forgot to reply to them so not sure if they still have space. I have been to a private physio twice and still in pain. It's pelvic girdle pain so she said while she can treat it it's now all about not letting it get worse.
    Hopefully ainy they will give you some exercises to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Do they give you an update on your due date at the 20 week scan?

• Advertisement

RubyXI wrote:
    Do they give you an update on your due date at the 20 week scan?

Mine is a private one I booked so it won't change anything, my consultant at last appointment said they won't change dates unless they were more than a week out and if I remember correctly the further along in pregnancy you are the growth rate of baby changes so due dates on later scans aren't as accurate. Thats why dating scans are done before 12-14 weeks. As babies at that stage grow at a fairly set rate!
    I would be surprised if they changed due date at 20 week scan,

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I had mine on Friday and she confirmed what week/day I was before we started. When she finished with the measurements she just confirmed that my week/day was correct. She'll definitely go through it with you anyway even if there's no change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxLillyxx

Hello ladies, I've been looking for a forum to chat to others in my situation! I'm due April 9th with my first, so excited :D 22 weeks now and not as tired or sick as I was earlier on, but still get sleepy pretty early in the evening and have my hormonal days! How are you all getting on? Have you had your anatomy scans?

xxLillyxx wrote: »
    Hello ladies, I've been looking for a forum to chat to others in my situation! I'm due April 9th with my first, so excited :D 22 weeks now and not as tired or sick as I was earlier on, but still get sleepy pretty early in the evening and have my hormonal days! How are you all getting on? Have you had your anatomy scans?

Welcome and congrats :) I'm 21 weeks on my second :) had my anatomy scan last week and everything looked good, found out we're having a boy this time so I'm very excited! Had a girl the first time so it's like its all new again :) finding picking a boys name VERY difficult though :P is it just me or is there a smaller selection for boys?!
    How did your anatomy scan go, did you find out the gender?

Welcome and congrats :) I'm 21 weeks on my second :) had my anatomy scan last week and everything looked good, found out we're having a boy this time so I'm very excited! Had a girl the first time so it's like its all new again :) finding picking a boys name VERY difficult though :P is it just me or is there a smaller selection for boys?!
    How did your anatomy scan go, did you find out the gender?

Totally agree picking a boys name is a nightmare. Lots of lovely girls names though.
    Great that everything went well at the scan!

Hi ladies...does anyone have a 24 week appointment in the hospital? I have one next week and then the GP in 2 days!

Thanks Blingy, I'm just finding it so difficult to find one I like! We went for an unusual name for our girl so trying to find a boys name that "goes" with that is added pressure too :P

Laylag yeah I have a 24 week appt in the hospital alright.

I don't have 24 week appointment, was seen at 18 weeks(first appointment) they said to see them again in 10weeks so 28wks and to go to gp every 4 weeks! Haven't been back to gp since the start!
    Feeling well anyway. Lots of kicks, himself can't feel them yet though. Physio tomorrow for my hip numbness/deadness and anatomy scan next Tuesday.
    Theres 2 of the other girls in work pregnant at min and one will be finishin for mat leave just after Christmas, the other in February. I'm very jealous, the end of March feels a long way away for me yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I had my anomaly scan yesterday and all looks good thank god, baby's face wasn't that clear but it was still lovely to see the limbs moving. The baby feels much more active this time around, I'm already struggling to sleep when I go to bed as that's when it decides to kick away...but it's lovely to feel the movement and my husband has been able to feel some kicks. When I was pregnant the last time it seemed like my son was spooked every time my husband tried to feel the kicks but no such issues on baby no 2.

I'm getting a bit conscious of the wintry weather and the dangers of slipping, and if this snow arrives I'll be creeping along the footpaths as it's bad enough falling normally without worrying about baby.

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine yet? I'm due to visit my GP before Christmas and I think I'll look for it then.

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine yet? I'm due to visit my GP before Christmas and I think I'll look for it then.[/quote]

Congrats on the scan, We have ours tuesday. Getting a bit nervous whenever I think about it now,will be a relief to have it done.

Thanks for mentioning whooping cough vaccine, I had forgotten about it but will be attending to in next couple weeks so will get it then too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine yet? I'm due to visit my GP before Christmas and I think I'll look for it then.

Congrats on the scan, We have ours tuesday. Getting a bit nervous whenever I think about it now,will be a relief to have it done.

Thanks for mentioning whooping cough vaccine, I had forgotten about it but will be attending to in next couple weeks so will get it then too![/quote]

Can get it up to 36 weeks. I plan on getting it after Xmas as had a very sore arm for a few days after the flu one and whooping cough meant to be worse

jadie wrote: »
    Can get it up to 36 weeks. I plan on getting it after Xmas as had a very sore arm for a few days after the flu one and whooping cough meant to be worse

I got both mine at the same time, one in each arm and my flu arm was much sorer than the whooping cough arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

bee06 wrote: »
    I got both mine at the same time, one in each arm and my flu arm was much sorer than the whooping cough arm!

Good to know! Maybe I'll be ok with it so. Couldn't sleep on my left side after flu jab

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

I got both flu and whooping cough a few weeks back and it was fine. Arm was slightly sore for a day or two but no major side effects. Another box ticked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I got my whopping cough vaccine a few weeks after the flu one and flu one was way worse for me anyway

RubyXI wrote: »

Anyone ever bought from gap maternity what are the sizes like?

Blingy wrote: »

No but I just bought from George at asda online and got maternity tracksuit bottoms and a zippy top (I wear comfys a lot!) and they are so comfortable and perfect fit, I never usually like buying clothes online!

Blingy wrote: »

Gap clothes in general tend to be quite big fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm normally a 12-14 and wear a 12 in Gap maternity.

Advertisement