Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

ainy wrote:
    Ahh you gotta love the hse! Our scan was booked for this afternoon in cavan. Got a call this morning to say someone rang in sick so our appointment would have to be rescheduled unless We can make our way to monaghan hospital! So off we go to monaghan this afternoon instead!

Good luck ainy!
    God just what u want...a nice roadtrip to add to the anxiety!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

laylag wrote:
    Good luck ainy! God just what u want...a nice roadtrip to add to the anxiety!

Thanks! Just out, all good with Baba, could see more this time. Put me one day ahead, due April 22nd. Such a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

ainy wrote: »
    Thanks! Just out, all good with Baba, could see more this time. Put me one day ahead, due April 22nd. Such a relief.

Ah great all went well, madness about having a big road trip sprung on you! Glad you're the other side of it now

ainy wrote:

It's such a relief isn't it? Congrats missis....big milestone for you today!

Ah the drive was ridiculous! Thank God I didn't drive. Took us an hour and twenty where it would of been 35 mins to cavan! Came home and had to nap! It really is a milestone now, we have told everyone too so least we can talk openly now although we holding off telling our daughter for a while because its just too far away for her!

• Advertisement

ainy wrote:
    Ah the drive was ridiculous! Thank God I didn't drive. Took us an hour and twenty where it would of been 35 mins to cavan! Came home and had to nap! It really is a milestone now, we have told everyone too so least we can talk openly now although we holding off telling our daughter for a while because its just too far away for her!

Same here! I have a daughter as we but trying to hold off another while on telling her as well....bump allowing of course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hi,
    What kind of questions do they ask about family history in the booking visit?
    I'm not sure I know my family history

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

phi3 wrote: »
    Hi,
    What kind of questions do they ask about family history in the booking visit?
    I'm not sure I know my family history

History of diabetes, hip problems, heart problems, lung problems/cystic fibrosis, spine problems, etc.

Hi ladies! Popped into Penney's on my lunch and they have some lovely maternity tops in case anyone is looking. I'm not too bad yet but Def have a little bump forming and my trousers are v tight on the waistband.
    I had a look at getting a trouser extender on mothercare but found something similar on eBay for about £2! Hopefully it does the job!

laylag wrote:
    Hi ladies! Popped into Penney's on my lunch and they have some lovely maternity tops in case anyone is looking. I'm not too bad yet but Def have a little bump forming and my trousers are v tight on the waistband. I had a look at getting a trouser extender on mothercare but found something similar on eBay for about £2! Hopefully it does the job!

What pennys were you in? My local one never has any maternity stuff. Got 2 bags of clothes from my sister and had a bag of my own so I'm pretty sorted but no harm in looking! I used the extender on the first but this time I think I'm just gonna go straight for maternity wear!
    Need to figure out my uniform for work tho, stupidly threw out my old ones in a house move last year!

• Advertisement

ainy wrote:
    What pennys were you in? My local one never has any maternity stuff. Got 2 bags of clothes from my sister and had a bag of my own so I'm pretty sorted but no harm in looking! I used the extender on the first but this time I think I'm just gonna go straight for maternity wear! Need to figure out my uniform for work tho, stupidly threw out my old ones in a house move last year!

Mary st in Dublin!
    Now in fairness that Penney's is huge...in any of the smaller ones u haven't seen any maternity wear. I literally have nothing as my daughter is 13 so my last batch of clothes went in the bin years ago! Trying just to buy a few bits tho!

I had some bleeding just as I was on my way out the door to my 12 week scan. It was bright red blood there wasn't a huge amount but it was more than just a bit of spotting. I was really scared going in to the scan but everything seemed fine. I don't know why I can't stop bleeding completely. i thought that was one of the few perks of being pregnant. It's very frustrating and it means I can't relax about it. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No, some people bleed on and off throughout.I had brown/red discharge continuously from about 6-13 weeks on my first.I presume you told the doctor?If it continues on and off, they may tell you to come in from 24 weeks onwards whenever it happens.
    I really feel for you, it's awful when you go to the loo and see it.So nerve wracking.

Oh can't imagine how that feels phi3, thankfully the scan was ok for you. Did they give you any explanation for the need at the appointment?

Oh can't imagine how that feels phi3, thankfully the scan was ok for you. Did they give you any explanation for the need at the appointment?

They had a look and said they could see no reason for it. At least it's reassuring to be told nothing is wrong but its still scary

phi3 wrote:
    They had a look and said they could see no reason for it. At least it's reassuring to be told nothing is wrong but its still scary

Well main thing is baba is ok, hopefully the bleeding will stop and ease your worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Glad scan went well phi3 but sorry to hear u had such a fright. I can only imagine how that feels. I hope u feel reassured now that u know it isn't anything to worry about.

Glad scan went well phi3 but sorry to hear u had such a fright. I can only imagine how that feels. I hope u feel reassured now that u know it isn't anything to worry about.

It is definitely reassuring to see everything is ok. I'm sure I will continue to worry though, Like we all do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ccardoso33

Hi all!

Stumbled upon this thread while killing time roaming boards and thought I'd say hi. I am due once again on the 17th of April and have a girl born on the 16th April 2015.

ccardoso33 wrote:
    Stumbled upon this thread while killing time roaming boards and thought I'd say hi. I am due once again on the 17th of April and have a girl born on the 16th April 2015.

Welcome and congrats! My girl was born March 2015 so there will be similar age gap as yours! Hope you are well!

• Advertisement

Welcome and congrats! My girl was born March 2015 so there will be similar age gap as yours! Hope you are well!

Congratulations to you too!

I was due 31st of March with my first but she didn't want to make an appearance. Really hoping this little one doesn't copy it. I also had HG with her but it's not so bad this time around so in already guessing boy :D

ccardoso33 wrote:
    I was due 31st of March with my first but she didn't want to make an appearance. Really hoping this little one doesn't copy it. I also had HG with her but it's not so bad this time around so in already guessing boy

Ha its so funny, im at the same, Any little thing thats different and you think oh this could be a boy so! im thinking I will find out this time tho, I didn't previously but think I need to this time, now just to convince himself!

Ha its so funny, im at the same, Any little thing thats different and you think oh this could be a boy so! im thinking I will find out this time tho, I didn't previously but think I need to this time, now just to convince himself!

I'm way to impatient to not find out although I've always thought the suprise element must be great during labour... we have our scan in holles street on the 5th of December and we can't wait, will be great to be able to tell the little one if it's a sister or a brother as for now she just refers to the baby as "mammy's baby belly" :)

Blingy wrote:
    Well I'm glad it's not just me. Scan is 13 days away Best of luck at your scan.

You have your scan yet blingy?
    I'm starting to feel guilty because I keep forgetting I'm pregnant! Girls at work asking are you ok doing this and me there think sure why wouldn't I be!! The tiredness has lifted and I'm feeling normal again.

Just saw that Kate Middleton is due in April too! Maybe she will join us here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

You have your scan yet blingy?
    I'm starting to feel guilty because I keep forgetting I'm pregnant! Girls at work asking are you ok doing this and me there think sure why wouldn't I be!! The tiredness has lifted and I'm feeling normal again.

Scan is tomorrow eeekkkk. So nervous. Feeling kinda ok today just tired as usual. Really worried about tomorrow and usually these things don't worry me at all. My dates might change after the scan tomorrow too.

Aww I didn't know Kate is April too.

That's great ainy you are starting to feel normal again. Woohooo long may it last!!

Blingy wrote:
    Scan is tomorrow eeekkkk. So nervous. Feeling kinda ok today just tired as usual. Really worried about tomorrow and usually these things don't worry me at all. My dates might change after the scan tomorrow too.

Good luck tomorrow!!! You will be so relieved after your scan!! Keep us posted

ainy wrote:

She's totally stealing our thunder!! Haha!

Should the second scan be at 20 weeks? I thought I read it was but can't remember where I read it. 13 weeks now and I feel I'm starting to show. I just look like I've been eating too much at the moment really. Trying to find the courage to tell my boss.....

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Standard here is 12 week dating scan and 20 week anatomy scan (can be 18-22 weeks) but it seems to be a postcode lottery in Ireland as to whether you actually get an anatomy scan or not with it being far more likely in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Standard here is 12 week dating scan and 20 week anatomy scan (can be 18-22 weeks) but it seems to be a postcode lottery in Ireland as to whether you actually get an anatomy scan or not with it being far more likely in Dublin.

I'm in Cork. I'll just have to wait and see if I get sent an appointment I suppose. I'm hearing conflicting things online. Some seem to be getting one, some don't.

Advertisement