Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I've had near constant nausea and intermittant vomiting from about 5 weeks, I got cariban last week from the pharmacy, it's very expensive, €50 for 12 day supply but it seems to be working. If you know anyone going to Spain it can be bought over the counter cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

The last 2 nights have been awful for sleep, my leg going numb. Then getting up to pee and not being able to get back to sleep because I can't get comfy. The old pregnancy pillow is back now so fingers crossed tonight will be better. 10 weeks tomorrow, quarter of the way there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping Ainy. Do you mind if I ask where you got your pregnancy pillow? I was debating getting one but was wondering if a few spare pillows would do the same job? Just trying to avoid unnecessary purchases considering all the things we will have to buy in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kat939

I hope ye don't mind me sticking my beak in - I had my baby in April this year so was looking into this thread amazed at how fast the time has gone! I got a pregnancy pillow in tk maxx so it wasn't dear and I still use it everyday (or night, more accurately!) If you're thinking of breastfeeding I've found it very good both before and after bambino arrived:)
    best of luck to everyone with your pregnancies, don't tell the other threads but April babies are the best;)

Sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping Ainy. Do you mind if I ask where you got your pregnancy pillow? I was debating getting one but was wondering if a few spare pillows would do the same job? Just trying to avoid unnecessary purchases considering all the things we will have to buy in the near future

Well I actually borrowed from my sis, a few spare pillows would do but I echo what kat says above, they are great even after birth for positioning baby for feeding!

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies, sounds like it may be worth investing in one so. Hope everyone is keeping well, have my first scan Friday week. Anyone be able to tell me how often I will be having appointments both with my GP and the hospital after the scan (all going well, please God)?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Thanks ladies, sounds like it may be worth investing in one so. Hope everyone is keeping well, have my first scan Friday week. Anyone be able to tell me how often I will be having appointments both with my GP and the hospital after the scan (all going well, please God)?

Where I am they say to be seen once a month until closer the end, so GP one month and antenatal clinic the next. Unless you need an appointment sooner for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

ainy wrote: »
    Well I actually borrowed from my sis, a few spare pillows would do but I echo what kat says above, they are great even after birth for positioning baby for feeding!

A friend of mine also said they are invaluable. I think I'll definitely be investing!

Currently lying in bed dosed to the eyeballs and as weak as a kitten. Think I got actual flu! My 2 year old had a cold yesterday too so both of us were miserable then. She seems to be ok today, thank God.
    Keep kind of forgetting I'm pregnant the last few days because all my symptoms bar the tiredness have gone and now I'm worrying about that. Hospital scan Monday week.

Currently lying in bed dosed to the eyeballs and as weak as a kitten. Think I got actual flu! My 2 year old had a cold yesterday too so both of us were miserable then. She seems to be ok today, thank God.
    Keep kind of forgetting I'm pregnant the last few days because all my symptoms bar the tiredness have gone and now I'm worrying about that. Hospital scan Monday week.

You poor thing Ainy. Hope u feel better soon. If it makes a difference to u i am symptom free too for the last while,... except for the tiredness. My scan is next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

ainy wrote:
    Currently lying in bed dosed to the eyeballs and as weak as a kitten. Think I got actual flu! My 2 year old had a cold yesterday too so both of us were miserable then. She seems to be ok today, thank God. Keep kind of forgetting I'm pregnant the last few days because all my symptoms bar the tiredness have gone and now I'm worrying about that. Hospital scan Monday week.

Hope u feel better soon. I was worrying like mad up to the first scan as all my symptoms mysteriously disappeared.scan was fine and then some symptoms came back...just your body playing tricks on u!

You poor thing Ainy. Hope u feel better soon. If it makes a difference to u i am symptom free too for the last while,... except for the tiredness. My scan is next Friday.

Thanks guys, it kinda does make me feel better, I'm a bit pessimistic at the best of times so that doesn't help!
    Never put in a day like it with the weakness, was dreading having to go to loo just because it would involve walking to bathroom! Had to sit down to brush my teeth even! Hopefully will miraculously feel better tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hi guys. I just had an early scan- thinking I'm 7 weeks. The scan showed I'm actually 11 weeks due on April 24th. So that changes things a bit.. So now waiting on a letter for the next scan already. Thought I'd have a bit of time before that

phi3 wrote:
    Hi guys. I just had an early scan- thinking I'm 7 weeks. The scan showed I'm actually 11 weeks due on April 24th. So that changes things a bit.. So now waiting on a letter for the next scan already. Thought I'd have a bit of time before that

Oh wow phi3! That was a great surprise to fast forward a few weeks! I'm due 23rd so at same stage as yourself. My scan is next Monday. Hope you are feeling well.

Oh wow phi3! That was a great surprise to fast forward a few weeks! I'm due 23rd so at same stage as yourself. My scan is next Monday. Hope you are feeling well.

Yes I've been lucky to get this far with very little symptoms. It was a bit of a shock to see a fairly clear image on the screen. I didn't expect to be able to see much.

phi3 wrote:
    Yes I've been lucky to get this far with very little symptoms. It was a bit of a shock to see a fairly clear image on the screen. I didn't expect to be able to see much.

I'd say it was a shock. Can't wait for my scan next week to be able to see baba, we had an early scan too but it was just a blob at that time! Is this your first?

I'd say it was a shock. Can't wait for my scan next week to be able to see baba, we had an early scan too but it was just a blob at that time! Is this your first?

Yes my first so a bit over whelmed at the moment

phi3 wrote:
    Yes my first so a bit over whelmed at the moment

Aw you will get your head round it soon, congratulations anyway!

Congrats phi3. Mad that you've fastforward a month. How are you feeling since ainy?

Much better now thanks, didn't get dressed all weekend which I think did me good, just sniffles now.
    Broke out maternity jeans today, so comfy but I'm still a bit too small for them so was yanking them up! Will put them away for another couple weeks I think!

• Advertisement

Much better now thanks, didn't get dressed all weekend which I think did me good, just sniffles now.
    Broke out maternity jeans today, so comfy but I'm still a bit too small for them so was yanking them up! Will put them away for another couple weeks I think!

Ah great you're feeling better. Ya finding I'm at an awkward stage clothes wise too... not big enough for mat stuff but my normal clothes uncomfortable, while a size up sit funny! I do realise this is a compleye first world problem and once we're happy and healthy that's all that matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

iamwhoiam wrote:
    That will be my moment to make a cuppa and have a break .

Ah great you're feeling better. Ya finding I'm at an awkward stage clothes wise too... not big enough for mat stuff but my normal clothes uncomfortable, while a size up sit funny! I do realise this is a compleye first world problem and once we're happy and healthy that's all that matters!

Me too! I had to try on 3 different tops for work this morning. Cannot wait to have a proper bump. At the moment it's my boobs that are the real issue...all my tops are getting very strained across the bust and just so uncomfortable.
    Trying to stick to things with a good bit of stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Why is it as soon as Symptoms ease a little bit I suddenly think something awful must be wrong. Had an early scan at 7.5 weeks and everything was fine but next one isn't till 12.5 weeks. I'm counting the days. I feel more nervous the second time round.

Blingy wrote:
    Why is it as soon as Symptoms ease a little bit I suddenly think something awful must be wrong. Had an early scan at 7.5 weeks and everything was fine but next one isn't till 12.5 weeks. I'm counting the days. I feel more nervous the second time round.

Thats what I was saying earlier too! Thankfully my scan is Monday and I have a definite bump happening the last 2 days. I am definitely more nervous this time round too. Oh the joys! How long til your scan then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thats what I was saying earlier too! Thankfully my scan is Monday and I have a definite bump happening the last 2 days. I am definitely more nervous this time round too. Oh the joys! How long til your scan then?

Well I'm glad it's not just me. Scan is 13 days away :(
    Best of luck at your scan.

Just an update to say that all went well at my scan today. I've been identified as a low risk pregnancy so I'm going with Midwife led care (anyone have experience of this?) Anyway long story short I'm relieved all is well and excited to start telling people my news now.

Just an update to say that all went well at my scan today. I've been identified as a low risk pregnancy so I'm going with Midwife led care (anyone have experience of this?) Anyway long story short I'm relieved all is well and excited to start telling people my news now.

Thats great history queen, I was midwife led on my first up until 32 weeks when the baby was measuring outside of normal and I had to be referred to the consultant for review. MLU was great for the appointments, no hanging round but I didn't get to experience birth in it. This time round I'm just going to stick with consultant led from get go as I'm nervous of labour because of first time round.

Blingy wrote:
    Well I'm glad it's not just me. Scan is 13 days away Best of luck at your scan.

Oh that is still a bit away. Hopefully it will go quickly,

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm on midwife-led care but on the NHS in London for the second time, I've found it great. I have my appointments in a community setting, my midwife tries to always give me 9am slots because it suits for work and I never feel rushed. Had lots of support for an active unmedicated birth with my son too.

• Advertisement

Ahh you gotta love the hse! Our scan was booked for this afternoon in cavan. Got a call this morning to say someone rang in sick so our appointment would have to be rescheduled unless We can make our way to monaghan hospital! So off we go to monaghan this afternoon instead!

Advertisement