Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

phi3 wrote:
    I'm in Cork. I'll just have to wait and see if I get sent an appointment I suppose. I'm hearing conflicting things online. Some seem to be getting one, some don't.

I'm in cavan and don't get anomaly scan, one at 12 weeks dating and one at 32 weeks to check growth, I will book a private anomaly scan though. My sister was attending cavan also and had a private anomaly scan which showed baby had heart condition, nothing else would of shown this and if he had of been born without us knowing he wouldn't of survived. He had an op at 2 days and then his repair op at 3 months or so and is flying it now.
    It annoys me that it just depends on where you are attending what your treatment plan is. It should be standard across the country!

Good luck today bling x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

phi3 wrote: »
    I'm in Cork. I'll just have to wait and see if I get sent an appointment I suppose. I'm hearing conflicting things online. Some seem to be getting one, some don't.

I'm in Cork and had my "20 week" appointment at 18 weeks. It was a 10 min appointment with the consultant and a very quick scan. Anomaly scans are only done for high risk patients as far as I know. If you do want to do one privately book it now because they book up really quickly. I had to go to Tralee because I left it too late for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thanks ainy.
    12 week scan done and dusted. All good. Baby moving good heartbeat waving little arms and legs. Such relief. Will properly start telling people now.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Blingy wrote:
    Thanks ainy. 12 week scan done and dusted. All good. Baby moving good heartbeat waving little arms and legs. Such relief. Will properly start telling people now.

Woo woo! Congrats!

phi3 wrote:
    Should the second scan be at 20 weeks? I thought I read it was but can't remember where I read it. 13 weeks now and I feel I'm starting to show. I just look like I've been eating too much at the moment really. Trying to find the courage to tell my boss.....

I'm in rotunda..had my first scan at 12 weeks..am now 16 weeks. Next scan is 20 weeks!
    Looking forward to getting that over and done with.... please god everything will be ok. Is anyone finding out the gender?

• Advertisement

laylag wrote: »
    I'm in rotunda..had my first scan at 12 weeks..am now 16 weeks. Next scan is 20 weeks!
    Looking forward to getting that over and done with.... please god everything will be ok. Is anyone finding out the gender?

No not going to find out the gender. Would kind of like to but hubby definitely doesn't. And I know if I did find out it would be so obvious to him (pink/blue shopping!!) and I would probably say it by accident so we are going to wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I think I'd like to know the gender. It means I can stop saying "it"

I want to find out but himself is not sure, so it will come down to him really, I couldn't know and not tell him!
    Delighted scan was good blingy,

phi3 wrote:
    I think I'd like to know the gender. It means I can stop saying "it"

I just said this yesterday!
    We have decided to find out so hoping baby is in the eighth position at 20 week scan! I am just way too impatient to wait until April!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ccardoso33

We are finding out, fond out with our 1st too. I'm really confused as to when my appointments should be as my 1st child was born here in Holles street but i was in England up till 30 weeks,

The 1st day of my last period was on the 31st of May but because I am irregular when we went for my 1st appointment at a midwife clinic (only available place eventhough I'm not on domino scheme) she thought I was 16 weeks and couldn't find a heart beat. Panicked trip to Holles street and turned out I was only 9 weeks. I am 15 now and have no appointments till the 18th of December and my 20 week scan on the 5th of December...

I also have Hyperemisis this pregnancy as with my first but I'm managing alright at home... I wonder if I've missed something..

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for reasonably priced Maternity wear? There doesn't seem to be too many places doing a great range.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mostly online now unfortunately. I have 3 pairs of Gap skinny over the bump maternity jeans from last time and live in them, they have loads of 30-40% off codes so can be quite good value. New Look and H&M aren't too expensive but don't always have a good in-store selection.

Worth looking at Jojo Maman Bebe stuff on eBay as well - it tends to be relatively cheap and in good condition as it's worn for such a short time.

phi3 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for reasonably priced Maternity wear? There doesn't seem to be too many places doing a great range.

I really liked the range in new look last time but it seems to be very scarce this time. However I did get two lovely dresses on new look online recently. Was in mothercare yesterday and they had black skinny jeans reduced to 15€.
    Bought some tops in penny's just a size bigger so will accommodate the bump for a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I got jeans in New Look and BooHoo. Tops I just borrowed from my sister so havent had to buy any thankfully as the selection even online is terrible.

I have ordered two dresses from Dorothy Perkins for a wedding and a christening, due to arrive in the next week so will see how they are.

Dorothy Perkins have some lovely bits online! Buy from the UK website and you will save a few euro.
    I bought 2 dresses from Asos and I would fit quintuplets into them! They were ridiculous so were sent back.
    Got a few casual tops from new look. I have no bottoms tho!.
    Mothercare do a trouser extender for 20euro. Ordered something v similar off eBay for about 3euro!

Don't buy a bump band from Dorothy Perkins tho! I got one and it is teensy and has no stretch!!

Saw this coat in dunnes yesterday which would definitely do as a pregnancy coat. Lots of space for a bump just tie with the belt.
    http://m.dunnesstores.com/waterfall-throw-on-coat/coats-and-jackets/dunnesstores/fcp-product/8830525?colour=grey

Blingy wrote: »
    Saw this coat in dunnes yesterday which would definitely do as a pregnancy coat. Lots of space for a bump just tie with the belt.
    http://m.dunnesstores.com/waterfall-throw-on-coat/coats-and-jackets/dunnesstores/fcp-product/8830525?colour=grey

http://www.dunnesstores.com/faux-fur-trim-parka/coats-and-jackets/dunnesstores/fcp-product/8844169?colour=navy

I got this one in a size bigger than I usually wear. It should do me for the next few winter months- I hope... No idea how big I'll be though.

laylag wrote: »
    Don't buy a bump band from Dorothy Perkins tho! I got one and it is teensy and has no stretch!!

Just ordered one from new look 2 pack for €10

I have this one in its two year old incarnation - I was due in late March with my son and it was huge - I had a medium (was a size 12 before) and still had a small bit of room to spare at 41 weeks. I could also zip it most of the way up over a baby carrier until my son was around 10-11 months old.

• Advertisement

I have this one in its two year old incarnation - I was due in late March with my son and it was huge - I had a medium (was a size 12 before) and still had a small bit of room to spare at 41 weeks. I could also zip it most of the way up over a baby carrier until my son was around 10-11 months old.

I was looking at that. Is it good for the rain?

It's not waterproof, but they do a few other ones that look either padded or waxed which would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I got 4 pairs of the H&M jeans. Other that hat I'm just buying a size up for tops, t-shirts etc and got some long line vests to go under as well. I found the maternity tops are massive even if you are buying the small sizes and I just feel drowned in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

I got this one from Tesco, it was a bargain at €60, bought a size 14, so lots of room for me to grow and it doesn't look to big on me now. So warm and.........IT HAS AN INSIDE POCKET!!!!!
    https://www.tesco.com/direct/ff-padded-hooded-shower-resistant-parka/137-7805.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Is anyone else really struggling with tiredness? I've bever known anything like it. I'm 14.5 weeks and it's not getting any better. I go to bed at 10.30 up at 7.am and sleeping fine.... please give me hope that this will lift... I'm finding it so so hard to function

Is anyone else really struggling with tiredness? I've bever known anything like it. I'm 14.5 weeks and it's not getting any better. I go to bed at 10.30 up at 7.am and sleeping fine.... please give me hope that this will lift... I'm finding it so so hard to function

Oh sorry to hear that, my tiredness has definitely eased off, I'm 14 weeks, still wrecked at times but nothing like before. I think my tiredness was worse on number 1, or maybe it just felt worse because its such a change from normality then.
    Have you had your bloods checked yet? You may need iron but I'm not sure when you can start taking that from though.

Hey history queen..I am 17 weeks tomorrow and apart from some.back pain have very little symptoms at this stage. I was sooooo tired up until around week 14. I was going to bed in the middle of the day on weekends and could have slept at my desk in work if I was let!
    Hopefully it wears off for you pretty soon. one of my friends is due in April too and she is a week behind me and still knackered so you're not alone!

Yes I am absolutely wrecked too. I am asleep by 10pm most nights and up at 6.30am or so. On the days I'm off I have a nap in the middle of the day and I'm still wrecked.
    My thyroid is out of whack a bit so hopefully that will right itself soon but really hoping some of the tiredness lifts. I'm finding it very hard too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Thanks a million everyone for the replies. My bloods were taken at my scan on oct 6th and I was told my GP would be in touch if anything came up. On that actually I don't have another hospital appt until the end of Jan and I was told I don't need to see my GP again until week 20. Is this normal? I guess i just thought I'd be seen more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yes that's normal HistoryQueen, they don't need to see you more often until second trimester. After 26 weeks gp/hospital appointments ramp up.

Advertisement