Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

The fluttering movement I have been feeling feels like it's just under my skin. Would movement feel deeper inside? I definitely am not familiar with this feeling

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No that's probably about right!It's very light little tickles at first, feels like it's just under your skin :-) you'll start to notice more definitive 'bumps' then as it gets bigger and you can feel more defined kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

RubyXI wrote:
    The fluttering movement I have been feeling feels like it's just under my skin. Would movement feel deeper inside? I definitely am not familiar with this feeling

I think the description of popcorn popping is v accurate for the first movements! Don't know if that helps you!

I always feel it on my right side though. These new feelings are a lot to get used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

RubyXI wrote: »
    I always feel it on my right side though. These new feelings are a lot to get used to!

The majority of my baby movements have been on the right side as well (i’m 36 weeks now). It all depends on the baby position. Wait til he/she is kicking you awake in the middle of the night! It does take a while to get used to. I spent a good few weeks where I had a couple of seconds of what’s going on after a kick but once you’re used to it, it’s brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Anatomy scan today and all good! Such a positive experience. Found out we're having a girl too which we both suspected but so nice to confirm and be able to plan. Best of luck to everyone having theirs and enjoy it. amazing what our bodies can do really... roll on the next few months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Had my gp check up today. All good thank god. Got to hear baby's heartbeat on the doppler which was very cool and emotional. Mentioned to him how tired i am so he wants me to come back in 4 weeks for blood test if it persists. Other than that all is good. Hope everyone else is well

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Anatomy scan today and all good! Such a positive experience. Found out we're having a girl too which we both suspected but so nice to confirm and be able to plan. Best of luck to everyone having theirs and enjoy it. amazing what our bodies can do really... roll on the next few months

Thats great to hear, congrats crybabygeeks! Must be such a relief to know all is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Anatomy scan today and all good! Such a positive experience. Found out we're having a girl too which we both suspected but so nice to confirm and be able to plan. Best of luck to everyone having theirs and enjoy it. amazing what our bodies can do really... roll on the next few months

Yay! Congrats! We're having a girl too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

So lovely to have the anatomy scan done crybabygeeks. Great to hear everything is ok too.

Is anyone else being treated for or have hemorrhoids? I think I have them and coupled with being a bit constipated it's awful. :(

• Advertisement

Blingy wrote:
    Is anyone else being treated for or have hemorrhoids? I think I have them and coupled with being a bit constipated it's awful.

Yep! I had them on my little girl too, so uncomfortable, they never fully went away so I had cream at home that I started using and they are settled at the minute until I get constipated again!

Any other second timers feeling a lot of pressure down below? I feel like my insides are gonna fall out at times with the pressure, seems to be more so first thing in morning. Never had it on first pregnancy but I'm thinking it could be because of the episiotomy i had,

ainy wrote: »
    Yep! I had them on my little girl too, so uncomfortable, they never fully went away so I had cream at home that I started using and they are settled at the minute until I get constipated again!

Any other second timers feeling a lot of pressure down below? I feel like my insides are gonna fall out at times with the pressure, seems to be more so first thing in morning. Never had it on first pregnancy but I'm thinking it could be because of the episiotomy i had,

Was there a cream you could use while pregnant?

Yes second time pregnancy here too and lots of heaviness down below and some pelvic girdle pain too!!

Blingy wrote:
    Was there a cream you could use while pregnant?

To be honest I never checked the cream, that never crossed my mind, (im a nurse i should know better!) I just wanted the swelling down a bit, so you should disregard what I said so. Have an appointment with clinic on Friday so I might ask then if there is anything we can use.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Huge pressure down below in my second pregnancy.By the time i got to 30 weeks she was so low she was practically out!!!I didn't realise how bad the pressure was until she was actually born, the relief and lifting of weight was actually amazing.

Out from my consultant appointment, it is the group b strep I have, i don't really mind least they know now. All good with baby.
    I asked about creams for piles (just so happens mine have appeared again!) and they said you can use anusol or ultraproct, even suppositories are allowed too.
    Got a physio referral for hip pain I have when lying down at night so all in all a good appointment.

ainy wrote: »
    Out from my consultant appointment, it is the group b strep I have, i don't really mind least they know now. All good with baby.
    I asked about creams for piles (just so happens mine have appeared again!) and they said you can use anusol or ultraproct, even suppositories are allowed too.
    Got a physio referral for hip pain I have when lying down at night so all in all a good appointment.

That's great everything is ok ainy.
    Thanks for the info on the creams too.
    I have been referred to physio too. Have a group session coming up soon.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Those anusol suppositories are amazing. Granted having to use a suppository isn't the most fun thing ever, but they really do work :o

They will send out my physio appointment not sure of waiting times, and I'm not sure if its a group thing or not.

Might have to get the suppositories, although with the pain thats there at minute I can't see how I will get them in, oh the joys!
    Started taking vitamin d and ferrograd c today, praying I don't get constipated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Toastytoes wrote: »
    I was told by the midwife that it can cause miscarriage, so I’d be surprised if they didn’t treat it if you test positive for it.

Just to follow up on this, just got a call from the maternity in UHG to go in to pick up a script for an antibiotic for group strep b which showed up in my urine sample so some hospitals do threat it in pregnancy. I’m only 14 weeks so no where near delivery.

Toastytoes wrote:
    Just to follow up on this, just got a call from the maternity in UHG to go in to pick up a script for an antibiotic for group strep b which showed up in my urine sample so some hospitals do threat it in pregnancy. I’m only 14 weeks so no where near delivery.

Yep I'm the same, just finishing up my antibiotics and had a consultant appointment when I had done half the course and they took another sample to send off, they will ring me about it Friday,

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

They'll probably still give you antibiotics in labour to be on the safe side - as far as I know it can come back. Mine never showed up in the urine samples, but it did on the swabs. It think in other countries they routinely swab women towards the end of their pregnancies for it, but that's not done here.

Toots wrote:
    They'll probably still give you antibiotics in labour to be on the safe side - as far as I know it can come back. Mine never showed up in the urine samples, but it did on the swabs. It think in other countries they routinely swab women towards the end of their pregnancies for it, but that's not done here.

Yeah I will still have the antibiotics in labour and I think any subsequent pregnancy too as far as I know!

I wonder why they give you antibiotics now?I have been told that I just get treated every labour regardless, so it seems a bit pointless to treat now on the basis that it could apparently come back and they will treat you anyway.

Still, better to know when you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

shesty wrote: »
    I wonder why they give you antibiotics now?I have been told that I just get treated every labour regardless, so it seems a bit pointless to treat now on the basis that it could apparently come back and they will treat you anyway.

Still, better to know when you have it.

The midwife at my booking appointment told me it can cause miscarriage. I don’t know if that true or not, but they do treat it so there must be a reason.

I’ve been given an alert sticker for my chart to ensure I’m also given antibiotics in labour. I’ll have to give another sample after I’ve finished this course of antibiotics to check it’s gone. I had it show up in both urine and on swab.

Toastytoes wrote: »
    The midwife at my booking appointment told me it can cause miscarriage. I don’t know if that true or not, but they do treat it so there must be a reason.

I’ve been given an alert sticker for my chart to ensure I’m also given antibiotics in labour. I’ll have to give another sample after I’ve finished this course of antibiotics to check it’s gone. I had it show up in both urine and on swab.

I wonder if it's the concentration of the bacteria that decides whether they give you antibiotics during pregnancy or not. Mine was only detected in a vaginal swab, but all my urine samples were clear. Maybe if it's in your pee you get the antibiotics while pregnant, but if it's only the swab then you just get them in labour.

Yes I was thinking that.

I have about 2 pairs of jeans that fit.
    I looked for some that would be a size up that would do me for now.
    I only want something cheap as it's not something I'll need for long.
    Every shop only sells super skinny jeans with holes in them.
    I was nearly crying going around the shops.
    Then came home to try on the jeans I have to see if many of them fit.
    This is hard.
    I'm not emotionally ready for maternity clothes yet.
    I'd like to keep that until after Christmas if I can.
    Also it's very hard to find maternity clothes.
    I'll be in town Saturday so I'll try again.
    Not in a happy place...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

RubyXI wrote: »
    I have about 2 pairs of jeans that fit.
    I looked for some that would be a size up that would do me for now.
    I only want something cheap as it's not something I'll need for long.
    Every shop only sells super skinny jeans with holes in them.
    I was nearly crying going around the shops.
    Then came home to try on the jeans I have to see if many of them fit.
    This is hard.
    I'm not emotionally ready for maternity clothes yet.
    I'd like to keep that until after Christmas if I can.
    Also it's very hard to find maternity clothes.
    I'll be in town Saturday so I'll try again.
    Not in a happy place...... :(

Ruby the only bit of advice I can give you is try look online if you can - all the shops have such a crap selection of maternity clothes in store that it can get very depressing! I've found New Look and Dorothy Perkins pretty good for maternity stuff online.
    I sympathise though, on my first I was totally freaked out about maternity clothes. Couldn't even walk into a mothercare until I was about 30 weeks! Now that I'm on my second I've been in maternity stuff since about week 12 :P very appreciative of the expanding waists :)

Yes, unfortunately online is the biggest selection.Gap, topshop do maternity jeans.If you want you could get a pair with an underbump waistline.They probably won't do the whole pregnancy but at least you might feel better than getting a pair with the full bump waistline on them.
    Depending on your budget Seraphine do great jeans.I'm currently wearing a pair of their skinny black ones at work, they are very comfy and a good fit.I invested in them as they will do the whole pregnancy and be well worn (past experience).
    As with the previous poster, this is pregnancy no.3 for me, I happily pulled mine out around 10 weeks this time :-).It's a tough adjustment first time round but once you get into them you do appreicate them :-)

• Advertisement

RubyXI wrote:
    I have about 2 pairs of jeans that fit. I looked for some that would be a size up that would do me for now. I only want something cheap as it's not something I'll need for long. Every shop only sells super skinny jeans with holes in them. I was nearly crying going around the shops. Then came home to try on the jeans I have to see if many of them fit. This is hard. I'm not emotionally ready for maternity clothes yet. I'd like to keep that until after Christmas if I can. Also it's very hard to find maternity clothes. I'll be in town Saturday so I'll try again. Not in a happy place......

Second pregnancy here too so I happily pulled on my maternity clothes, have lovely top shop over the bump jeans, I find new look great for maternity basics anyway.
    I remember from my first I tried just going up sizes in all the clothes but just felt fat all the time, and I had many nights where I cried to my partner. they don't fit properly and end up hanging. where as with maternity clothes they generally fit better and you feel pregnant rather than fat.
    I was lucky in that I got a lot of hand me down maternity clothes from my sister and cousin so only went actual shopping about twice. It is disheartening not being able to find things tho!

Advertisement