Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options
  • 17-08-2017 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

Don't think there is a thread for this yet? Found out that I am pregnant two weeks ago and am only now getting over the shock! We were ttc but I suppose I didn't expect it to happen so fast. Early days yet but we are very excited and it is killing me not being able to tell anyone. Anyone else in this position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Hello. Congratulations!

I'm due baby 2 on 10th April.
    I've told a few people already.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Hello there :)

Did a test last week that told me I was 2-3 weeks pregnant. (Though I'm not sure how accurate those estimates are!?) We've been trying for probably a year now but still is sinking in now that it's happened!

Haven't told anyone else but himself yet and am going to hold off for another little while yet and just enjoy adapting to our news first.

We also have a little girl about to turn 4 so she will be delighted with the news too. She's been asking for a sister for a while now!

Looking forward to checking in with ye all, best of luck and enjoy x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Congrats to you both. I can't believe the symptoms I have already, I naively thought I'd have no symptoms until I was at least showing. No morning sickness yet luckily but oh my god the pain from trapped wind and the constant tiredness have really floored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I'm queasy often and the mood swings are daily.

I have a load of the cheap tests (€1.50 for 3) from dealz and I've been testing every second day to see the lines getting darker.

Won't really believe it until I see proof on the scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

History Queen you'd be doing amazingly well to get as far as showing with no symptoms, that could be at 20-24 weeks and most symptoms are worst during the first tri!

Congratulations, I had an April 2015 baby, great time of year to have one, just in time for summer :)

• Advertisement

History Queen you'd be doing amazingly well to get as far as showing with no symptoms, that could be at 20-24 weeks and most symptoms are worst during the first tri!

Congratulations, I had an April 2015 baby, great time of year to have one, just in time for summer :)

Thanks spottybananas.
    Ya i definitely had a naive outlook on pregnancy...but saying that I suppose you don't put much thought in to these things until you are in the situation yourself. It'll be a learning curve over the next few months. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Hope i can join you ladies, got my positive today! Due baby number 2 on 24th all going well. we have a two and half year old already.
    Some slight nausea here already which i dont remember too much from the first time around but early days yet.

Congrats and welcome Ainy , starting to feel slight nausea myself in the mornings but it's the pain from trapped wind at night that's really bothering me. Was awake for three hours last night with the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

Hoping I'll be following this forum right up until or around April 25th :)
    I miscarried last September at just under 10 weeks and started trying (properly!) again around March.. so it was nearly a year to the day (minus 3 days) that I found out I'm pregnant again.
    I'm absolutely petrified, so so nervous but also majorly excited.
    I've made a doctors appointment for Monday which is probably a tad early (will be 4 weeks + 5 days on Monday) but sure, hopefully the doctor won't think I'm a lunatic!
    I am getting huge waves of tiredness the last few days, an insatiable appetite and had a twitch in my eye for 24 hours the day before I tested positive. I also feel like I could pop my stomach with a safety pin with how bloated I feel :)

raemie10 wrote: »
    Hoping I'll be following this forum right up until or around April 25th :)
    I miscarried last September at just under 10 weeks and started trying (properly!) again around March.. so it was nearly a year to the day (minus 3 days) that I found out I'm pregnant again.
    I'm absolutely petrified, so so nervous but also majorly excited.
    I've made a doctors appointment for Monday which is probably a tad early (will be 4 weeks + 5 days on Monday) but sure, hopefully the doctor won't think I'm a lunatic!
    I am getting huge waves of tiredness the last few days, an insatiable appetite and had a twitch in my eye for 24 hours the day before I tested positive. I also feel like I could pop my stomach with a safety pin with how bloated I feel :)

Welcome raemie, sorry to hear of your miscarriage, im just a day ahead of you and will probably go to gp on monday or Tuesday if i can get an appointment. On my first all the gp did was my blood pressure and fill in the forms for hospital, she didnt do a pregnancy test or anything so i dont think its too early to go, its just to get ball rolling on the hospital stuff really!

We had a private dating scan around 8 weeks the last time, we'll probably do the same again this time, just for reassurance.

• Advertisement

ainy wrote: »
    Welcome raemie, sorry to hear of your miscarriage, im just a day ahead of you and will probably go to gp on monday or Tuesday if i can get an appointment. On my first all the gp did was my blood pressure and fill in the forms for hospital, she didnt do a pregnancy test or anything so i dont think its too early to go, its just to get ball rolling on the hospital stuff really!

We had a private dating scan around 8 weeks the last time, we'll probably do the same again this time, just for reassurance.

Thanks!

I think I'll be going for an early 8/9 week scan for peace of mind too!
    Last year my doctor in Moycullen, Galway (I'm now going to a Spiddal GP as moved house last Christmas) did take a urine pregnancy test (I was just 5 weeks I think) and sent me to the nurse to do bloods and paperwork for scheme.
    My GP now is lovely, I've been to her before and aired my (partial hysterical!) worries about not getting pregnant and being anxious that quick enough so she might send me for an early scan to calm my nerves. If not, I'll definetly look into getting a private one.

Welcome raemie, sorry to hear of your loss. Hoe yourgp does refer you for early scan for your own eace of mind.

Forgot to add my estimated due date of 14th April, just 6 weeks now. Was with my gp at 4 weeks +3 took blood pressure, did pregnancy test and filled out paperwork for hosital

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Had second case of light bleeding yesterday, rang the nurse at GP and was referred to AnE.
    After internal exam and ultra sound all they could do was confirm pregnancy and book an appointment with Early Pregnancy Unit. I'm probably more apprehensive since as they could not tell me everything is ok but the EPU will do a more conclusive scan.

Am pretty tired all of the time but no nausea as of yet.

Hello to all new posters and best of luck x

Had second case of light bleeding yesterday, rang the nurse at GP and was referred to AnE. After internal exam and ultra sound all they could do was confirm pregnancy and book an appointment with Early Pregnancy Unit. I'm probably more apprehensive since as they could not tell me everything is ok but the EPU will do a more conclusive scan.

Oh no, sorry to hear this. When is your appointment booked for epu? Its an anxious time as is at start of pregnancy without this worry. Fingers crossed for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Looks like I'll be joining here. Got a positive test this morning 3 days before af is due. Had a chemical pregnancy last month so fingers crossed this one sticks. Due 30th April I think with baby number 2!!

Blingy wrote:
    Looks like I'll be joining here. Got a positive test this morning 3 days before af is due. Had a chemical pregnancy last month so fingers crossed this one sticks. Due 30th April I think with baby number 2!!

Aw congrats blingy and welcome, fingers crossed for you.
    How old is number 1?

Aw congrats blingy and welcome, fingers crossed for you.
    How old is number 1?

Thanks. He's 2!!

Blingy wrote:
    Thanks. He's 2!!

Ah i thought i recognised the username from around the time of my first too! Always keep an eye on all the other threads! My girl was 2 in March so will just have turned 3 when number 2 gets here, she seems to be besotted with my 2 youngest niece and nephews so hoping that will extend to her sibling!

Bad enough nausea at the minute, and no real appetite, just eating because i have to! Hope everyone else feeling ok.

Just out of the doctor there.
    Did all the paperwork for the Maternity Scheme.
    My doctor asked me if I would like a homebirth (was surprised to be asked!) and I said yes, I would..so for the moment, that's what I'm down for :)
    My doctor did a blood test too (just to check my WBC count as it was a bit funny a couple of months ago)
    No mention of progesterone or anything (a few people mentioned that if you miscarry, sometimes it's encouraged?!
    I asked about an early scan and she said that an early scan is only requested if there's a bleed so I'm going to book one I think at 8/9 weeks at a private clinic.
    My blood pressure was very low (it's low on a good day anyway though! The doctor didn't seem to be too worried about though!

Ah i thought i recognised the username from around the time of my first too! Always keep an eye on all the other threads! My girl was 2 in March so will just have turned 3 when number 2 gets here, she seems to be besotted with my 2 youngest niece and nephews so hoping that will extend to her sibling!

Bad enough nausea at the minute, and no real appetite, just eating because i have to! Hope everyone else feeling ok.

Ah very good ... hello!! My guy will turn 3 about a month after due date so will be interesting. He loves my friends newborn at the minute so fingers crossed he will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Had second case of light bleeding yesterday, rang the nurse at GP and was referred to AnE.
    After internal exam and ultra sound all they could do was confirm pregnancy and book an appointment with Early Pregnancy Unit. I'm probably more apprehensive since as they could not tell me everything is ok but the EPU will do a more conclusive scan.

Am pretty tired all of the time but no nausea as of yet.

Hello to all new posters and best of luck x

Just so you know, they will scan at the EPU a couple of times over a few weeks, to see that everything looks ok and it's growing from scan to scan.They can't really do much more than that, they won't give you any guarantees because it's first trimester.That was a shock to me first time round, I assumed they would be able to just say yes or no and that would be it. Fingers crossed for you, I know how it feels.Best of luck.

So we told my mother and my mother in law over last 2 days (seperately)and the first words out of both their mouths were, "oh no" and eventually a congratulations. We have a lot going on at minute, just about to start a house build but i wasn't expecting an oh no!

Went to gp yesterday too and forms gone for the hospital, she forgot i had a child already and when she went to log my details on the system it was saying i was 165 weeks pregnant already! she never closed the first visit on my first pregnancy!

Congrats Blingy... Ainy sorry parents reaction wasn't what you expected.. but I'm sure it wasnt mine have been know to react strangely to good news too ie. My mother saying "but you're so young" when we announced our engagement after 8 years together... i was 25...when she was 25 she was married 2 years and I was a year old!

I don't take it to heart anymore but there are times when i wish they'd just say congrats and hug etc. like normal people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭hbert

Hi and congrats to all, i'm due mid april. I'm over the moon but terrified too as I don't know a bit about babies and have no friends or family with children. This is my first. It still hasnt fully sank in. I feel the same as usual just with really sore boobs!

hbert wrote: »
    Hi and congrats to all, i'm due mid april. I'm over the moon but terrified too as I don't know a bit about babies and have no friends or family with children. This is my first. It still hasnt fully sank in. I feel the same as usual just with really sore boobs!

Congrats hbert. Won't take you long at all to get the hang of everything.

hbert wrote:

Congrats hbert! Well you could read up for the next 9 months about babies and nothing might apply to yours when born! They are all so different, you will get antenatal classes later on in pregnancy which will help with the practical aspects of minding baby!

The tiredness here is what has me, had a nap the other day when my little one went down!

Congrats hbert! Well you could read up for the next 9 months about babies and nothing might apply to yours when born! They are all so different, you will get antenatal classes later on in pregnancy which will help with the practical aspects of minding baby!

The tiredness here is what has me, had a nap the other day when my little one went down!

Thanks! I have 2 books already which i'll read cover to cover but i know putting it all in practice will be totally different. I'll just have to work it out, no other choice really! I'll definitely do classes too.

Oh tiredness must be awful, i love my sleep as it is. I have the doctor tuesday so was just wondering what should i expect? Thanks in advance.

Gp will check your blood pressure, and might do pregnancy test, mine didnt on either pregnancies tho and then fills out the maternity care form and get you to sign to say tour asking them to be part of your care. They will ask what hospital you want to be referred to and put that on the form. Depending on where you are based you can self refer to some hospitals but for mine you cant!

Then you just wait for your appointments, it will be around the 12 weeks or so. This wait is the toughest because it will feel like an eternity. On my first i booked a private scan around 8 weeks just for reassurance really. I might do the same this time, haven't decided, not as stressed this time round.

And will the doctor give me an estimated due date or will i have to wait for a scan? I have a fairly long cycle so dont think online calculators are very accurate... although i know its not a precise science anyways

• Advertisement

hbert wrote:
    And will the doctor give me an estimated due date or will i have to wait for a scan? I have a fairly long cycle so dont think online calculators are very accurate... although i know its not a precise science anyways

They will give you one based on the first day of your last period, the first scan will probably be more accurate for your due date in your case so,

Advertisement