Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

laylag wrote: »
    Has everyone told their family or did you wait till the scan?
    Also when will you tell work?

I'm due the middle of March but we haven't told anyone yet. I had the scan a few weeks ago. I will tell family in the next week and friends in a few weeks. I'm not sure yet when to tell work.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

jadie wrote:
    I'm due the middle of March but we haven't told anyone yet. I had the scan a few weeks ago. I will tell family in the next week and friends in a few weeks. I'm not sure yet when to tell work.

Yea I can't figure out when to tell people. Not sure. My husband is dying to tell everyone as soon as we have the scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

ainy wrote: »
    Had our scan, thankfully a healthy heartbeat, bang on my dates, and only one in there. Feels real now. Hope your scan goes ok blingy.

Ainy great to hear the scan went well.
    Had ours today too and everything looks good. Such relief. Will tell immediate family tomorrow.

Yea I can't figure out when to tell people. Not sure. My husband is dying to tell everyone as soon as we have the scan!

Mines the opposite, he's in no rush to tell anyone! From a health & safety perspective should tell work soonish plus I'll get the room to lie down and rest during my breaks in which we are all entitled to by law.Might just inform HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

I went for an early scan today.
    I should have been 8 weeks 3 days but the baby was only measuring 6weeks 2 days. Its little heart was very slow and there was a bleed visible so things are not looking good at all for me.
    I will have to go to my GP on Monday and I guess, get a referral to the hospital for another scan to confirm if it's viable or not. The lady was very kind and seemed very experienced but she didn't offer us a glimmer of hope.
    Two miscarriages in a row in a year.. it seems that I just have had a horrible bout of good luck.
    Fingers crossed for everyone else due.

• Advertisement

jadie wrote: »
    Mines the opposite, he's in no rush to tell anyone! From a health & safety perspective should tell work soonish plus I'll get the room to lie down and rest during my breaks in which we are all entitled to by law.Might just inform HR.

Never heard of this room to lie down in at lunch. Sounds amazing. Can't imagine my work facilitating it though

raemie10 wrote: »
    I should have been 8 weeks 3 days but the baby was only measuring 6weeks 2 days. Its little heart was very slow and there was a bleed visible so things are not looking good at all for me.
    I will have to go to my GP on Monday and I guess, get a referral to the hospital for another scan to confirm if it's viable or not. The lady was very kind and seemed very experienced but she didn't offer us a glimmer of hope.
    Two miscarriages in a row in a year.. it seems that I just have had a horrible bout of good luck.

Really sorry to hear this raemie10. Look after yourself. Such a sad time.

raemie10 wrote:
    I went for an early scan today. I should have been 8 weeks 3 days but the baby was only measuring 6weeks 2 days. Its little heart was very slow and there was a bleed visible so things are not looking good at all for me. I will have to go to my GP on Monday and I guess, get a referral to the hospital for another scan to confirm if it's viable or not. The lady was very kind and seemed very experienced but she didn't offer us a glimmer of hope. Two miscarriages in a row in a year.. it seems that I just have had a horrible bout of good luck. Fingers crossed for everyone else due.

So so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

raemie10 wrote:
    I went for an early scan today. I should have been 8 weeks 3 days but the baby was only measuring 6weeks 2 days. Its little heart was very slow and there was a bleed visible so things are not looking good at all for me. I will have to go to my GP on Monday and I guess, get a referral to the hospital for another scan to confirm if it's viable or not. The lady was very kind and seemed very experienced but she didn't offer us a glimmer of hope. Two miscarriages in a row in a year.. it seems that I just have had a horrible bout of good luck. Fingers crossed for everyone else due.

Oh raemie, so sorry to hear this x

jadie wrote:

Haven't heard of this either but i suppose it would be just good to be even able to take all my due breaks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Raemie so sorry to hear how your scan went

Blingy wrote: »
    Never heard of this room to lie down in at lunch. Sounds amazing. Can't imagine my work facilitating it though

Here you go, no.24 hit them with the statutory legislation😊. It doesn't just have to be lunch breaks either. I'll be interested to see how my work facilitates it too. I've had to lie down on the carpet in a quiet spot a few times already when overcome with nausea.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2007/si/299/made/en/print#article24

raemie10 wrote: »

I'm sorry to hear this. Life is unfair. I hope the GP visit goes ok for you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mammyspest22

Hay guys just joining in... I'm due APRIL 25th. With my first i was ttc for 3 years..he just turned one in August. This one ive only been ttc for 2 Months!! Im deffo going to have my hands full.

Hay guys just joining in... I'm due APRIL 25th. With my first i was ttc for 3 years..he just turned one in August. This one ive only been ttc for 2 Months!! Im deffo going to have my hands full.

Congrats! I'm due April 2nd...that's my calculation only tho. I have my first scan tomorrow....so nervous about it! Have you had a scan yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

Hi all! Question, I've just rang the hospital directly and gotten my booking appointment without going to the GP first. Do I need to tell my GP that I intend to register for combined care or just make a 16 week appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mammyspest22

Congrats! I'm due April 2nd...that's my calculation only tho. I have my first scan tomorrow....so nervous about it! Have you had a scan yet?

Nope no scan yet... Havn't even been to the doctor yet. My landlord is selling do no idea where i was going to go... Just found a house yesterday so back to the Rotunda I go 😂 😂

Hi all! Question, I've just rang the hospital directly and gotten my booking appointment without going to the GP first. Do I need to tell my GP that I intend to register for combined care or just make a 16 week appointment?

Im not sure about this but i would presume you would have to tell them as they have to fill in a form in order to get paid for your visits.

Hope your scan went ok yesterday laylag.

ainy wrote:
    Hope your scan went ok yesterday laylag.

Thanks ainy.
    It was great. All looking good and my dates were right. The relief is unreal....I slept like a log last night after it!

• Advertisement

laylag wrote:
    Thanks ainy. It was great. All looking good and my dates were right. The relief is unreal....I slept like a log last night after it!

Great news!

Nausea has kicked in with me for last couple days, the only time i don't feel it is when im eating! Carbs are my friend right now and i realise now thats how i got through it on my first too but then forgot to ease off the eating and put on 4 stone! Will have to be more careful! But the wretching while brushing my teeth is awful, any tips anyone?

Thanks ainy.
    It was great. All looking good and my dates were right. The relief is unreal....I slept like a log last night after it!

Ah massive congrats, brilliant it went so well. Looking forward to having scan myself .. not in until 6th October. Am lucky in that I have had few symptoms except for wicked tiredness. In the last few days I have developed a "bump".

I'm assuming it is more bloat than bump as I'm only 10 weeks. I've gone from size 8-10 to size 12 to try disguise my boobs (gone up from 32 B to 36 C) and stomach as I am a teacher and really don't want anyone knowing I'm pregnant yet. Anyone else showing this early? Getting a bit worried it's not normal. Haven't put on weight even though my body has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Id say its bloat at that stage. I was very bloated in the first trimester and once that went down I didnt show until about 22 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Hi everyone! Officially joining the April club - Due April 1st :) Had our 12 week scan yesterday and all good. Exciting times ahead!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm assuming it is more bloat than bump as I'm only 10 weeks. I've gone from size 8-10 to size 12 to try disguise my boobs (gone up from 32 B to 36 C) and stomach as I am a teacher and really don't want anyone knowing I'm pregnant yet. Anyone else showing this early? Getting a bit worried it's not normal. Haven't put on weight even though my body has changed.

In from the February thread... I cracked out the maternity jeans at 10 weeks this time, can't beat the comfort of over-bump jeans and my normal ones were getting really uncomfortable. This is #2 though so I did pop out a bit earlier. A relatively loose floaty top should be fine with that too.

On my first i was so bloated, your body is going through such a change. I was in maternity jeans at 10 weeks the last time for comfort but it was pure bloat, bump appeared round 16 weeks on me,

lashes34 wrote: »
    Id say its bloat at that stage. I was very bloated in the first trimester and once that went down I didnt show until about 22 weeks.

Thanks for the response. Keep telling myself logically of course it's only bloat I'm just shocked by how big it is. Even myfather has commented and he never notices anything! Good to hear someone else had it too!

Thanks everyone great to hear me and my family aren't loosing our minds about my appearance. I naively thought there'd be no visable body changes for AAAGES yet :-) also welcome and congrats crybabygeeks

Hi everyone! Officially joining the April club - Due April 1st Had our 12 week scan yesterday and all good. Exciting times ahead!

I'm due the day after u! Congrats!

• Advertisement

I'm 8.5 weeks and the all day nausea is really getting me down. Last time it didn't stop until 16 weeks or so. Fingers crossed it stops sooner this time.
    Also I'm so bloated. I have very few maternity clothes from last time as I didn't show properly till I was nearly 21 weeks now I'm already looking at buying mat jeans, if only I could find nice comfy ones. Glad to hear others are having similar Symptoms

Advertisement