Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2018

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Best of luck RK.Best not to take any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

How's everyone today? Second day of February any babies yet?

I'm praying I go soon, very crampy and it's sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FirstTimeMom

I'm due today, but no movement! uncomfortable but no pain..might be waiting a while!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Baby arrived yesterday after two days of induction for reduced movements and a 7 hour labour. Shoulder dystocia and a true knot in the cord which was also around his neck. 7lb 2.5oz and born @ 38+3.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Hope all ok RK, I'd say you are just glad to have him here after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Baby arrived yesterday after two days of induction for reduced movements and a 7 hour labour. Shoulder dystocia and a true knot in the cord which was also around his neck. 7lb 2.5oz and born @ 38+3.

Wow RK that sounds dramatic, I would imagine you are glad to have him in your arms safe. How are you feeling?

shesty wrote: »
    Hope all ok RK, I'd say you are just glad to have him here after that.

Seriously relieved tbh! He discovered the boob properly this evening after being mostly too sleepy for his first 24 hours. We're still in hospital because they suspect that he has an infection.

Best place although I know it's no fun for you.Had it with my first.Hopefully he won't take too long to treat and you will get home soon

And still in. To add to the fun he had a night under lights on Sunday night for jaundice. He's got the last dose of antibiotics to come at 4am, hopefully home tomorrow then. Murphy's law says something else will find a way to happen though...

RK I feel your pain....five days in after no.1 for the exact same, a fight to get discharged (terrible communication between nurses and doctors), and then a return three days later for me with a post partum haemorrage....another four days waiting for a scan, then a theatre slot.Fingers crossed you get out and home with no further mishaps. I found the lack of privacy so stressful.
    On the other hand, are you being fed well?There's a lot to be said for that when it's your second!Silver linings :-)

• Advertisement

Typical NHS slop - bland and relatively small portions by breastfeeding mama standards! Managed to get off the ward for a short while earlier and went and got a Subway footlong and it's the best thing I've had in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

Hope you and baby are doing better Rainbow Kirby! When you get home it’ll be a little overwhelming but also so lovely to eat what you want, when you want, sleep better in your own bed and have lots of baby cuddles x

Best of luck to everyone else over the coming weeks x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Mrs Felex is due today but baby seems very comfortable where it is for now.

^ Best of luck! :)

A is 16 days old now, boobing like a champion! Much easier start in that respect than it was with my older son. He's managed to pick up another couple of bugs though, he's been congested all week and yesterday morning a bout of conjunctivitis decided to join the party. Antibiotic eye drops for the next few days, he hates them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Jumping in from the March thread.

Twins were born at 3 & 3.13 respectively this morning.

Mother and babies doing well.

Congratulations CTD and Mrs CTD! Great to hear that all went well :)

Advertisement