Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

The nausea is awful isn't it? Not long at all for you to the 12 week mark, hopefully it will fly for you!

I'm just about 7 and a half weeks and time is dragging. I've been having a little bit of spotting so I'm still quite anxious about it all! No pain or anything though so I hope it passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

Just over 9 weeks here... back in work after a stinker of a stomach bug landed in our house and we all got it! My 15 month old was breastfeeding like a newborn, but I just don't have enough milk/patience any more to keep up with that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

flix wrote: »
    The nausea is awful isn't it? Not long at all for you to the 12 week mark, hopefully it will fly for you!

I'm just about 7 and a half weeks and time is dragging. I've been having a little bit of spotting so I'm still quite anxious about it all! No pain or anything though so I hope it passes.

The time has been dragging. Just the nausea and exhaustion. I haven't cooked in what seems like forever.

Have you rang your Dr about the spotting? To put your mind at ease.
    pythonista wrote: »
    Just over 9 weeks here... back in work after a stinker of a stomach bug landed in our house and we all got it! My 15 month old was breastfeeding like a newborn, but I just don't have enough milk/patience any more to keep up with that :(

Glad you're on the mend. That doesn't sound nice.

Have you rang your Dr about the spotting? To put your mind at ease.

Yes, I had a scan last week and everything looked fine. Doctor said not to come in again unless it gets worse or if I start having pains. I've another scan next week.

flix wrote: »
    Yes, I had a scan last week and everything looked fine. Doctor said not to come in again unless it gets worse or if I start having pains. I've another scan next week.
    That's good. I have an app to track symptoms and it says spotting is normal. But I think your senses are heightened when pregnant and everything feels wrong. I've another scan next week too. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

I'm due wth my first baba on 31st jan/1st Feb, so I am between this and the January group. I'm 11wk1day at the minute and my scan isn't for over two weeks. I didn't get the early scan and now I wish I did!!

I have been really lucky so far. I haven't been sick at all really apart from some nausea from week 4-9. I am absolutely exhausted though and finding it hard to concentrate on anything. Work has gone out the window. I had spotting for a day at 7wk4days, but everything has been fine since thank god. My gut is massive, but I think it's mostly bloat. I'm surly too early to he showing yet! Hope everyone is feeling good xx

That's good. I have an app to track symptoms and it says spotting is normal. But I think your senses are heightened when pregnant and everything feels wrong. I've another scan next week too. Best of luck.

Thanks, same to you!

Dee01 wrote: »
    I'm due wth my first baba on 31st jan/1st Feb, so I am between this and the January group. I'm 11wk1day at the minute and my scan isn't for over two weeks. I didn't get the early scan and now I wish I did!!

I have been really lucky so far. I haven't been sick at all really apart from some nausea from week 4-9. I am absolutely exhausted though and finding it hard to concentrate on anything. Work has gone out the window. I had spotting for a day at 7wk4days, but everything has been fine since thank god. My gut is massive, but I think it's mostly bloat. I'm surly too early to he showing yet! Hope everyone is feeling good xx

I'm really bloated too, walking around all the time with the button of my jeans open and zip down! They do still close on me but I find it very uncomfortable and I think it makes the nausea worse too. Can't wait to invest in some maternity jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkviewbaby

Hi Guys, just wondering if you have told people youre pregnant. We've told parents but not friends yet.I feel bad lying to people. Have told friends I'm on antibiotics or too hungover from previous night to drink again. Couldn't go the cinema with friends last night because I was so tired, my bf went and told everyone I was on work night out. Then today tried go on short hike bit felt sick after about 5 minutes so had to turn back. Blamed hangover again!

Hi Guys, just wondering if you have told people youre pregnant. We've told parents but not friends yet.I feel bad lying to people. Have told friends I'm on antibiotics or too hungover from previous night to drink again. Couldn't go the cinema with friends last night because I was so tired, my bf went and told everyone I was on work night out. Then today tried go on short hike bit felt sick after about 5 minutes so had to turn back. Blamed hangover again!
    I've probably told too many people. I do hate the lying but if the worst happened it's easier to lie than go back and say you weren't pregnant any more. I've told people I'd tell if the worst happened anyway.

Yesterday was an odd one. Was really nauseous in the evening and then got really sad wondering if my whole pregnancy was going to be rotten. Feeling better today. But the sadness was massive.

• Advertisement

Very quiet in this thread, how is everyone getting on?

I am 12 weeks today, have my first appointment on Tuesday and nervous. Lots of my husband's friends had MCs so nervous but there was a strong heartbeat at the 8 week scan. Does the nervousness ever go away?

I don't fit into my jeans from about lunch time, need to get new work trousers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FebBaby

I am 12 weeks today, have my first appointment on Tuesday and nervous.  Lots of my husband's friends had MCs so nervous but there was a strong heartbeat at the 8 week scan.  Does the nervousness ever go away?  

I don't fit into my jeans from about lunch time, need to get new work trousers :o
    I am out unfortunately :( Had a missed MC last month. Devastated, but wish you all a healthy pregnancy and best of luck with your new bundles in Feb .. X

FebBaby wrote: »
    I am out unfortunately :( Had a missed MC last month. Devastated, but wish you all a healthy pregnancy and best of luck with your new bundles in Feb .. X
    Oh Febbaby I'm so sorry to hear that. Mind yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FirstTimeMom

I am 12 weeks today, have my first appointment on Tuesday and nervous. Lots of my husband's friends had MCs so nervous but there was a strong heartbeat at the 8 week scan. Does the nervousness ever go away?

What hospital are you in?

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow! Had scan at 11 weeks and first hospital apt yesterday. I'm in Holles Street and it was fine.They took urine, bloods, blood pressure, height, weight, medical history and listened to heart beat! In and out in an hour!

All good, except for the all day sickness!

Also feeling uncomfortable wearing tights or my usual trousers! Had to stop wearing jeans weeks ago...!

I have to start buying new clothes and maternity bras!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

(Popping in from the December thread)

The secret to continuing to wear normal jeans and trousers is long tops and a hair bobble! I'm 19 weeks and still wearing my normal clothes. All my jeans are low rise though which probably helps. I've always hated high rise.

What hospital are you in?

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow! Had scan at 11 weeks and first hospital apt yesterday. I'm in Holles Street and it was fine.They took urine, bloods, blood pressure, height, weight, medical history and listened to heart beat! In and out in an hour!

All good, except for the all day sickness!

Also feeling uncomfortable wearing tights or my usual trousers! Had to stop wearing jeans weeks ago...!

I have to start buying new clothes and maternity bras!
    Good to know what happens. Good to know it's an hour too. I'm in Holles St, doing the midwife scheme so going to my local centre for all appointments even my first one. Don't get a scan because I'm public but I weighed up public v semi v private and felt it didn't warrant the cost.

The all day nausea (I know I'm lucky I'm not getting sick) is fcuking rotten. Makes me really sad some days. I can't face cooking. It makes me feel awful. Hopefully it will go soon.

I've noticed my tights are leaving a mark by evening time.

Bee06 unfortunately all my jeans are mod to high waisted, hate low rise, don't find them comfy. Need to find one work pants and I'll survive till in maternity clothes. I do need workout gear. Sports bra and fitted tops are getting uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FirstTimeMom

Good to know what happens. Good to know it's an hour too. I'm in Holles St, doing the midwife scheme so going to my local centre for all appointments even my first one. Don't get a scan because I'm public but I weighed up public v semi v private and felt it didn't warrant the cost.

The all day nausea (I know I'm lucky I'm not getting sick) is fcuking rotten. Makes me really sad some days. I can't face cooking. It makes me feel awful. Hopefully it will go soon.

I've noticed my tights are leaving a mark by evening time.

Bee06 unfortunately all my jeans are mod to high waisted, hate low rise, don't find them comfy. Need to find one work pants and I'll survive till in maternity clothes. I do need workout gear. Sports bra and fitted tops are getting uncomfortable!

That's all it took, although they do say to allow up to 2 and a half hours!!

Ye, I'm public too! Just got a private scan in Blackrock!

Ye, it's so bad! I have been sick too!! I can't face cooking either...bread, crackers, cereal and toughest have been the extent of my first for the last 6 weeks!! Hoping it starts to improve soon!!

Ye, the tights are v uncomfortable! I was going to get maternity tights but not sure if they will be much better! Dresses and tights are my staple workwear so not sure what to buy!!

I'm the same...although I haven't been doing too much exercise!!

I'm 10 weeks today and finally caved and bought some maternity clothes yesterday. I don't have an actual bump but my belly is definitely sticking out!

I can't describe the relief!! I got a one pair of jeans and one jogger style pants in H&M. Both are over the bump, which I thought would be far too much material for me at this stage but they are sooo comfy. I had been doing the hair bobbin in the buttonhole thing but still found it uncomfortable. Was actually looking forward to getting dressed this morning!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oh god over the bump is my favourite. It also gives a little bit of support as the bump gets bigger, and you get less waistband lines on your clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

Toots wrote: »
    Oh god over the bump is my favourite. It also gives a little bit of support as the bump gets bigger, and you get less waistband lines on your clothes.

Me too :D

12 weeks today and the maternity skinnies from last time have come out again. THE COMFORT.

Scan on Friday morning, not too much longer to wait now - then hopefully telling our families this weekend.

• Advertisement

I got normal jeans in penny's at the weekend and they are stretchy so plenty space to grow. So much more comfortable. Got two navy ones for work so that's handy!

First appointment tomorrow. Dying to hear the heart beat, nervous and excited.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I ordered 2 pairs of giant parachute pants/harem pants over the weekend, so hoping they arrive soon. Come tea time, everything feels too tight, so I end up in PJ bottoms before dinner :o

Roller-coaster of a morning. Had my first appointment with the midwife, she couldn't find heart beat, sent me into the hospital to have a scan. Eventually they found a heart beat but was nerve wracking! Hopefully plain sailing now :)

Oh Jesus, that must have been really scary! Glad to hear all is ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

God that must have been so sobscaryZ fingers crossed all goes well from here on in.

Did you all get a letter with your baby measurements and due date at your booking scan? My friend did, but I didn't and I just want to know if this should have been given to me before I call up looking for it. TIA

Toots wrote: »
    Oh Jesus, that must have been really scary! Glad to hear all is ok though.

Yep, so scary and upsetting. Thankfully all good.
    Dee01 wrote: »
    God that must have been so sobscaryZ fingers crossed all goes well from here on in.

Did you all get a letter with your baby measurements and due date at your booking scan? My friend did, but I didn't and I just want to know if this should have been given to me before I call up looking for it. TIA
    I didn't have my chart today (hence the confusion) so I got a letter with all my details. Not sure I would have got it if I had my chart.

Roller-coaster of a morning. Had my first appointment with the midwife, she couldn't find heart beat, sent me into the hospital to have a scan. Eventually they found a heart beat but was nerve wracking! Hopefully plain sailing now :)

You must have gotten such a fright! So glad all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

Flix- we've the same due date. Feb 23rd. Though they aren't fully set on that. My first due date was 16/2 but at they changed it to 23/2. At my scan (10wks 6days) the baby was jumping too much to get a more accurate size.

I've done my blood tests & the Harmony test (NIPT). Results back in two weeks, including gender! Looking forward to getting the results back. Already the Dr said he's happy to rule out Down's from the 10+wk scan.

Symptoms-wise --- very little before 6 weeks other than cramping. This made me so nervous I had an early scan but all was fine. After 6wks the nausea kicked in so bad. Feel nauseous most of the day & usually throw up in the evening. Very little appetite.

I also got "pregnancy induced asthma" which was making the vomiting worse but have inhalers now that help.

Just over 11 wks now, still plenty of morning sickness & fatigue. If. I've a busy day I pay for it at night.

Was lovely to see the baby look like a baby, the jaw & nose & spine and seeing it move so much jumping up and down during the entire scan. Really helps get through the tough parts of trimester 1.

I've one over the bump & one under the bump jeans. Between bloat & mini bump it's hard to be comfortable in normal jeans. Flowing tunic tops are great.

I saw a few ppl mentioning tights & just read a thing on "What To Expect" app that recommends tights during pregnancy, from early on, to help prevent varicose veins. Not sure I could deal with tights right now though.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

pythonista wrote: »
    Me too :D

12 weeks today and the maternity skinnies from last time have come out again. THE COMFORT.

Scan on Friday morning, not too much longer to wait now - then hopefully telling our families this weekend.

Outing myself :)

All was well on Friday, was right on target with dates (definitely due on 12/02) and now 13+1. Told our families at the weekend and they're all delighted. Totally different from last time, much stronger symptoms overall and much harder to exercise but I'm still running (just about!).

• Advertisement

Congrats!!

I found symptoms much stronger this time round too, like morning sickness started at the beginning of week 5 (before I even took a test) whereas last time around I got as far as week 8 before puking :pac:

Advertisement