Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

jadie wrote: »
    is there anyway to do a one day gentle birth workshop or some sort of meet up does anybody know?I haven't downloaded the app yet but will do so in the next week. I can't justify €375 for the 2 day workshop when I have all the baby stuff to buy yet

I did see one-day antenatal workshops online, though they weren't Gentle Birth workshops. I know it's an expense but I was scared about the labour after hearing horror stories for years. For me its worth the money to stop being so anxious about it. But again, it was because of my own anxieties and worries around birth. Ours was 325 for the weekend and we just decided to see it as a cost of the pregnancy. I saved nearly that much getting our buggy on special offer.

If you're thinking of doing pregnancy yoga it could be worth looking for an instructor who is also a Gentle Birth instructor. In our pregnancy yoga classes she goes over lots of pregnancy and labour issues.

Join the facebook group and you can read good tips and positive birth stories, and the app has a free trial to try out the meditation and hypno tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Bending over is getting sore. I can squat down but not really bend over. 24 weeks on Tuesday.

How is everyone else?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

23 weeks tomorrow. Not too bad at all! Less exhausted than I have been thankfully but haven't hit the really uncomfortable stage yet. Lots of movement this week after what felt like a position switch roughly a week ago.

Got my 50th parkrun done yesterday - a goal of mine for this year bump or no bump! Using a support belt but still running short distances reasonably comfortably and hoping to get past the 25 weeks that I stopped at last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

I’m 21 weeks and feeling good, apart from a cough that I can’t seem to shake! The poor baby must be deafened by it!!

Starting to find it more difficult to bend down and have a very mild pain in my right hip, that I’m hoping won’t develop into anything. Feeling plenty of kicks this week, getting stronger all the time!

Is anyone planning to find out the gender?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Flix go see an osteopath if your hip gets any worse, nip it in the bud before it really escalates.

• Advertisement

23 weeks tomorrow. Not too bad at all! Less exhausted than I have been thankfully but haven't hit the really uncomfortable stage yet. Lots of movement this week after what felt like a position switch roughly a week ago.

Got my 50th parkrun done yesterday - a goal of mine for this year bump or no bump! Using a support belt but still running short distances reasonably comfortably and hoping to get past the 25 weeks that I stopped at last time.
    Fair play to you. I have been mental busy at work so exercise for the last 2 weeks has been put on hold and my yoga class was cancelled today so no yoga this week. Will try do it myself later today. I miss exercising like I used to but physically I can't. Osteopath said only cross trainer and yoga.
    flix wrote: »
    I’m 21 weeks and feeling good, apart from a cough that I can’t seem to shake! The poor baby must be deafened by it!!

Starting to find it more difficult to bend down and have a very mild pain in my right hip, that I’m hoping won’t develop into anything. Feeling plenty of kicks this week, getting stronger all the time!

100% see an osteopath. I was going to one already for migraines and developed SPD and he's really really helping, now the sessions are agony but I am in about 80% less pain and can go to work because I was worried I would be off work due to it. I started feeling it about 19 weeks and started as hip/butt pain.

Nope not finding out the gender, want a surprise :)
    Flix go see an osteopath if your hip gets any worse, nip it in the bud before it really escalates.
    100% second this. Don't let it get any worse.

Thanks ladies I’ll bear it in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I feel the same. I'm 24 weeks and feel like the kicks are really starting to kick in (pardon the pun!) They are so comforting and reassuring. I also feel like I have real energy at the moment but certainly not enough to be doing a run! Fair play to you!

We're not although I did feel myself wavering a little at the anomaly scan! But we'd agreed not to so :rolleyes:

We picked our travel system and cot at the weekend. They are our first baby purchases and I was so emotional! I genuinely thought I was going to start crying in the middle of Mamas and Papas! Scarlet for myself!

I feel the same. I'm 24 weeks and feel like the kicks are really starting to kick in (pardon the pun!) They are so comforting and reassuring. I also feel like I have real energy at the moment but certainly not enough to be doing a run! Fair play to you!

We're not although I did feel myself wavering a little at the anomaly scan! But we'd agreed not to so :rolleyes:

We picked our travel system and cot at the weekend. They are our first baby purchases and I was so emotional! I genuinely thought I was going to start crying in the middle of Mamas and Papas! Scarlet for myself!

Aw that must have been so exciting! Still haven’t made any big purchases yet. What travel system did you go with? We’re thinking of the uppababy vista at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Aw that must have been so exciting! Still haven’t made any big purchases yet. What travel system did you go with? We’re thinking of the uppababy vista at the moment.

We were between the Stokke Trailz and the Uppababy Vista. We went with the Stokke in the end. I'm just in love with it! Keep an eye out for the mamas and papas parents to be events. They had great discounts like spend €2000, get €400 off and I think spend €1500, get 200 off. Really good for if yr buying a few bits together!

• Advertisement

They sound like great offers! I was thinking of holding off till Black Friday in November...does anyone remember if there were any good baby-related deals for that last year?

How is everyone doing now? I'm just back from a week's leave and really not sure how I'll stay working till end of January. I've bad spd and I no longer know what my ankles look like. I'm going to an amazing osteopath but still difficult.

I'm 25 weeks, is 27 weeks too early to buy clothes etc or should we wait until closer to the due date? Have a few bits I want to get (sling thing, rocker etc).

How is everyone doing now? I'm just back from a week's leave and really not sure how I'll stay working till end of January. I've bad spd and I no longer know what my ankles look like. I'm going to an amazing osteopath but still difficult.

I'm 25 weeks, is 27 weeks too early to buy clothes etc or should we wait until closer to the due date? Have a few bits I want to get (sling thing, rocker etc).

I’m 23 weeks and have most clothes already. It just makes me happy seeing his little clothes and getting ready. We got our travel system & some bits & pieces when there are on good offers. Waiting to buy cotbed closer to the due date and most other bigger items when sales are on. Also want to wait till after the baby shower for some things, avoid doubling up. I know it’s early but when I’m throwing up it cheers me up!

I got the flu so on bed rest till it passes. It’s an awful dose :’(

Had scan yesterday & all looks good; we waited a little longer for anomaly scan so his heart was bigger & the doctor had a good view. Was lovely to see more details.

Plenty of kicks & movements every day. Still throw up every 2/3 days, but other than that all good :)

Just over 24 weeks here, we have nearly all the clothes we'll need as I kept just about everything that my son grew out of. We also need to get our Chicco Next2Me back from a friend who was using it for his baby born this spring. My son never uses his cotbed despite the fact we actually got quite a nice John Lewis one (we ended up bedsharing) so that's practically new as well.

Loads of movement - saw my bump move from the outside yesterday which is cool and weird at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrsquigley

Hi all , new to this thread. Due 1st Feb but being sectioned at 36 weeks due to previous pregnancies . Anyway I'm 26wks now and have had bleeding on and off and now passed what looked like my plug this morning . Brown mucus like. Sent me home to rest as nothing happening and baby is good. So I'm really worried that this is the start of early labour 😭 she's head down and I'm quite low for 26wks . Labour could last week's or days . Time will tell. Please God it's not sooner rather than later. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Hi all how is everyone? I'm on my last week in my second trimester. 28 weeks next week and the final trimester. I'm feeling great thankfully. Signed up to do yoga twice a week for the next month and then will start pregnancy yoga. Normally only go to one yoga class a week but hadn't gone for a while and wanted it with the swelling.

Hopefully I stay feeling this good.

Hi all how is everyone? I'm on my last week in my second trimester. 28 weeks next week and the final trimester. I'm feeling great thankfully. Signed up to do yoga twice a week for the next month and then will start pregnancy yoga. Normally only go to one yoga class a week but hadn't gone for a while and wanted it with the swelling.

Hopefully I stay feeling this good.

On the home stretch; that’s great! I’m just a few weeks behind you. 25 weeks now. I’ve pregnancy yoga today, started classes back in September and really love it. It’s also a bit like an antenatal class as she covers lots of pregnancy and birth related issues before we get into the poses/stretches.

Work asking me when I’m maternity leave but I’ve no idea! I said I’d try go up to the start of February but see how I am. I can just about work at my desk with the big bump I have so I think the health & safety guy is just eyeing up how I’m gonna fit in and get around.

Mostly it’s ok, just tough with too much walking or stairs or hills. Pelvic Girdle Pain is not fun. Have maternity hospital physio assessment next week though so hopefully can find ways to stop it getting worse. Still morning sickness every 3 days.

Serious strong impulses to rip my house apart and reorganise everything haha nesting I guess

I didn't bother with prenatal yoga this time, didn't feel like it did much for me last time and reading birth stories during savasana is really not my idea of relaxing! Bloody expensive too, £13 a class is on the cheap end here.

I'm 26+2, back with the midwife tomorrow. My husband is coming to the appointment, first one he's been to this pregnancy. He likes to go to a couple just to get any of his questions answered.

Feeling fine overall. No nausea since around 19 weeks, not even particularly exhausted yet but my work chair is starting to get a bit uncomfortable particularly because I work on a laptop quite a bit. I'm planning to finish on the 26th of January when I'll be 37+4, roughly a week later than when I finished up last time. Still running, went out last night for 3k but I'm getting very slow (about 7:30/km) and it's starting to feel like much more of an effort than it did a month ago. I stopped at 25 weeks last time so every run now is a bonus!

On the home stretch; that’s great! I’m just a few weeks behind you. 25 weeks now. I’ve pregnancy yoga today, started classes back in September and really love it. It’s also a bit like an antenatal class as she covers lots of pregnancy and birth related issues before we get into the poses/stretches.

Work asking me when I’m maternity leave but I’ve no idea! I said I’d try go up to the start of February but see how I am. I can just about work at my desk with the big bump I have so I think the health & safety guy is just eyeing up how I’m gonna fit in and get around.

Mostly it’s ok, just tough with too much walking or stairs or hills. Pelvic Girdle Pain is not fun. Have maternity hospital physio assessment next week though so hopefully can find ways to stop it getting worse. Still morning sickness every 3 days.

Serious strong impulses to rip my house apart and reorganise everything haha nesting I guess
    I can't believe it's the final trimester. It's madness. God love you with the sickness, that's crap. I have pelvic girdle pain too, I see an osteopath and he's amazing but is €75 a session but I have had it since week 19 and would probably be on bed rest now it was so bad. It's not fun and also not the easiest to explain to people so I just say back pain :pac:

I plan on finishing 2 weeks before I am due but will see how I go. Haven't applied for maternity yet, need to get the letter from Dr.

I am nesting already, tidying crap from everywhere. :D
    I didn't bother with prenatal yoga this time, didn't feel like it did much for me last time and reading birth stories during savasana is really not my idea of relaxing! Bloody expensive too, £13 a class is on the cheap end here.

I'm 26+2, back with the midwife tomorrow. My husband is coming to the appointment, first one he's been to this pregnancy. He likes to go to a couple just to get any of his questions answered.

Feeling fine overall. No nausea since around 19 weeks, not even particularly exhausted yet but my work chair is starting to get a bit uncomfortable particularly because I work on a laptop quite a bit. I'm planning to finish on the 26th of January when I'll be 37+4, roughly a week later than when I finished up last time. Still running, went out last night for 3k but I'm getting very slow (about 7:30/km) and it's starting to feel like much more of an effort than it did a month ago. I stopped at 25 weeks last time so every run now is a bonus!

Ah I hope my pregnancy yoga is more than reading stories. I just want to go for the breathing and stuff. Also doing an active birth yoga workshop - said I would try everything. I can still do the normal yoga so that's good.

Could you get back supports or a laptop riser for the laptop? I had an ergonomic assessment and really helped. Fair play on still running, I just about manage the cross trainer (really helps with the swelling).

27 weeks today. Have had a horrible stomach bug since yesterday afternoon. Off sick from work today because the likelihood of fainting or puking on the commute in is too high for my liking... thankfully little one is wriggling away just fine though!

• Advertisement

27 weeks today. Have had a horrible stomach bug since yesterday afternoon. Off sick from work today because the likelihood of fainting or puking on the commute in is too high for my liking... thankfully little one is wriggling away just fine though!
    How are you feeling today RK? I'm 28 weeks today. I think it's my last week in the second trimester. That time has gone quickly.

Not feeling sick any more but still very drained. Was getting heartburn yesterday pretty much any time I even thought about food, Gaviscon is being chewed like candy at the moment! Got my first round of Braxton-Hicks this pregnancy shortly after I got into work this morning as well...

I went to the maternity phsyio and they were lovely. Got a support belt which has made all the difference. Some exercises to do on the preggers/yoga ball too and just being careful getting in and out of bed or car. It’s already much better but I did also give up my preggers yoga. I think the stretches and squats weren’t helping the PGP.

Had a bit of concern with feeling woozy and lightheaded and blood pressure raised. Went to maternity but negative test for preeclampsia so told to rest and see GP today. Still feel woozy and lightheaded but doctor thinks it’s just how I’ll be a lot of time now. I’m small, baby is big, pressure on my system, blah blah :D

So I’m finishing up with work and just going to chill more and focus on bump and me. It’s not a problem as I do research and some teaching & students are finishing up the semester soon anyway.

I’ll soend time with family & friends & crochet cute stuff to keep my mind sane for the next 13 weeks :)

I am getting a glucose challenge test! I hope to go I don't have it, Christmas would be difficult.

I am getting a glucose challenge test! I hope to go I don't have it, Christmas would be difficult.

I just got diagnosed with gestational diabetes on Thursday. I hope your test is clear cause this is a horrible head melt!

For the test bring a book or a buddy because there’s lots of waiting around. I’d also bring some healthy snacks for when you can eat after all the tests - you’ll be fasting from about midnight right up until Test is over probably around 12:30pm/1pm.

They say you’ll only hear from them if the test is positive and it can take a week for results. I didn’t actually hear from them first but instead called my doctor as a follow up - they then found my results online and called back to say they were high. It was a horrible shock.

So I’d wait a week and if you’ve heard nothing no harm in confirming the negative with your midwife/consultant/hospital. Fingers crossed you don’t get it - sure most don’t!

I just got diagnosed with gestational diabetes on Thursday. I hope your test is clear cause this is a horrible head melt!

For the test bring a book or a buddy because there’s lots of waiting around. I’d also bring some healthy snacks for when you can eat after all the tests - you’ll be fasting from about midnight right up until Test is over probably around 12:30pm/1pm.

They say you’ll only hear from them if the test is positive and it can take a week for results. I didn’t actually hear from them first but instead called my doctor as a follow up - they then found my results online and called back to say they were high. It was a horrible shock.

So I’d wait a week and if you’ve heard nothing no harm in confirming the negative with your midwife/consultant/hospital. Fingers crossed you don’t get it - sure most don’t!
    That's crap. It's the time of year to eat so it sucks. I've to ring tomorrow and if abnormal I'll get the full test so hopefully I won't have to.

Wow that wasn't handled well at all :/ are you going to a dietitian?

Iron is 13 so can stay taking spatone thankfully and my glucose challenge was 7 so no need to do further test so happy out.

Iron is 13 so can stay taking spatone thankfully and my glucose challenge was 7 so no need to do further test so happy out.

That’s great!

I started on Low GI diet immediately, had education cksss today where I got the machine & stuff to check blood sugar levels and I meet dietician tomorrow. It’s a group thing so I’ll probably try find a dietician privately too for more one to one time.

31 week appointment tomorrow - will be interesting to see how that goes, my veins were being bratty at my 28 week appointment so hopefully no repeat bloods!

Commuting is getting more than a little uncomfortable - shoved out of the way of the tube door by a group of men in suits earlier and couldn't get on the right train and then when I finally got on a train and got a seat the driver pulled the fcuking emergency brake and I ended up literally catching a bloke falling on top of me in the interests of protecting the bump...

• Advertisement

31 week appointment tomorrow - will be interesting to see how that goes, my veins were being bratty at my 28 week appointment so hopefully no repeat bloods!

Commuting is getting more than a little uncomfortable - shoved out of the way of the tube door by a group of men in suits earlier and couldn't get on the right train and then when I finally got on a train and got a seat the driver pulled the fcuking emergency brake and I ended up literally catching a bloke falling on top of me in the interests of protecting the bump...

Sounds stressful! I’ve to walk around shops with mat arm out in front to protect the bump from people and trolleys. I can’t over how rude some people are! Others are the extreme opposite and so lovely. A woman full on whack my tummy with her elbow in Penny’s and didn’t apologise. If I could’ve walked faster to catch her... hahahaha

Advertisement