Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2018

Options
  • 30-05-2017 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can't believe I'm writing this. Got a BFP last night. Shocked. No symptoms so not sure what I should be feeling?? Delighted but terrified.
    Estimated Due Date 2nd Feb.

Anyone else out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rathkenny

Great to see a Feb 2018 thread! I think my EDD is 1st Feb. I've everything crossed that things will go smoothly. It's a nerve wrecking time!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FebBaby

Nerve wrecking is right. Have spent the week worrying. Not a good start. Need to distract myself because the next few weeks will drag otherwise. Going to book in for an early scan around the 7-8 wk mark just for reassurance. 
    Here's hoping to a healthy 9 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rathkenny

Yes I'm having a scan at 7 weeks too. No way could I wait until the 12 week mark! Hopefully my Coombe appointment will come in the post soon so at least I'll know when my booking appointment will be. It's all about hitting these milestones!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I'm joining this thread. Due 7 February. Hasn't sunk in yet. I'm going semi private. My gp does scans so getting on at just over 7 weeks. Want to tell both parents. All very exciting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LDN18

I'm joining this thread. Due 7 February. Hasn't sunk in yet. I'm going semi private. My gp does scans so getting on at just over 7 weeks. Want to tell both parents. All very exciting.

We are 6+4 and told our parents already due to the fact that I work 2weeks on 2weeks off out the country,and also because we've been trying a few years now with failed IUI's too so needed some people to know incase something happens when I'm abroad.first scan is arranged for 20th June so it's a long stressful wait:(

• Advertisement

LDN18 wrote: »
    We are 6+4 and told our parents already due to the fact that I work 2weeks on 2weeks off out the country,and also because we've been trying a few years now with failed IUI's too so needed some people to know incase something happens when I'm abroad.first scan is arranged for 20th June so it's a long stressful wait:(
    That makes sense. Congrats and best of luck with this :)

My first scan is booked for the 6 July. Long wait alright. Will end up telling my parents before that because we want to tell them in person. His will be the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FirstTimeMom

I'm also due 2nd February 2018! Went to GP last week who confirmed result, took blood pressure, weight etc! Going public - I have emailed Holles Street to register birth but haven't heard anything back! Husband is working abroad for 6 months but will be home for a week in July, so waiting to get first scan in Blackrock then (nearly 11weeks).

Exciting to see the thread growing. How is everyone feeling?
    Feeling quite nauseous and sick yesterday and today.

@Firsttimemom, I am doing the same, have contacted the midwife schemebecause I am going with the Domnio scheme so won't need to go to Holles St unless there is an issue and for the birth. Public seems to be the best option.
    FebBaby wrote: »
    Exciting to see the thread growing. How is everyone feeling?
    Feeling quite nauseous and sick yesterday and today.
    Me too. Haven't told many people so nice to be able to chat to others.

Felt very nauseous and exhausted this morning but have perked up in the last hour. Is yours lasting all day FebBaby?

Also need to get a prescription for folic acid because my BMI is over 30 :/ Hope there won't be any issues, I have only been on the standard dose for the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Excited to say we got our positive on Thursday. Due date is Feb 15. Very excited and also nervous. Have a private early scan booked for July 8 and we will probably tell our folks after that. Second baby for us, we have a 21 month old at home. We told both our parents at 5 weeks that time round but only because it was Christmas and felt like such a magical time to share such wonderful news, plus if something horrible had happened we would have told them for the support.

Currently having a huge internal debate about Rotunda vs Coombe. We went to the Coombe last time and I had a very positive experience so I am swaying that way, plus as I will be going public there are a lot less beds in the public wards there. We have moved though since I had our little one and the Rotunda would be slightly more convenient now. I am trying to find out if the Coombe have a midwife led clinic actually in the hospital as last time I was a patient at one of the satellite clinics. Decisions decisions. :rolleyes:

No major symptoms yet apart from lots of light cramping and (TMI) gas :eek: but all very normal for me at this stage. Last time things really kicked off for me at 6 1/2 weeks so I am enjoying the time before then when I am able to enjoy food!!

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 9 months :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

Got our positive just over a week ago, around 5 weeks now. This is our second, we have a 14 month old already who is still breastfeeding. I have an early scan booked for the first week in July and waiting to hear back from the midwives after filling in the online booking in form on Friday (I'm not in Ireland).
    Symptom wise... very tired (and you can do feck all about it with a toddler), very bloated (jersey dresses are my friend) and a bit nauseous at certain times like the train to work. 
    Hoping for things to be similar to last time - I had quite an easy pregnancy with my son and was able to work out all the way through. Best laid plans and all of that though!

Tea_and_cake - quite similar to you also, i feel fine since lunch time! it's mad!

Tea_and_cake - quite similar to you also, i feel fine since lunch time! it's mad!
    I'm a whole new person since lunch. I was miserable this am. Going home to bed after work.

It's my first pregnancy so allllllll very new.

pythonista wrote: »
    Got our positive just over a week ago, around 5 weeks now. This is our second, we have a 14 month old already who is still breastfeeding. I have an early scan booked for the first week in July and waiting to hear back from the midwives after filling in the online booking in form on Friday (I'm not in Ireland).
    Symptom wise... very tired (and you can do feck all about it with a toddler), very bloated (jersey dresses are my friend) and a bit nauseous at certain times like the train to work. 
    Hoping for things to be similar to last time - I had quite an easy pregnancy with my son and was able to work out all the way through. Best laid plans and all of that though!

Toddlers do not give a sh!t about tiredness is what I have learned!! Like you I cant get over how bloated I am already, loose dresses all the way.

Also worked until 37 weeks when pregnant with my little one, hoping for the same this time round otherwise those last few weeks can go so slowly.

Congratulations!!

I'm a whole new person since lunch. I was miserable this am. Going home to bed after work.

It's my first pregnancy so allllllll very new.
    We're like twins! :D Yes I was close to calling in sick this morning, laughing at myself since lunch. 
    First here also... i'd say I'm in for a shock. The past few weeks I'm in awe of every woman who has been through all of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FirstTimeMom

I haven't been feeling well in the mornings since last week but this morning and until nearly 2 pm I was very bad! Not vomitting but just nausea 😩

@Firsttimemom, I am doing the same, have contacted the midwife schemebecause I am going with the Domnio scheme so won't need to go to Holles St unless there is an issue and for the birth. Public seems to be the best option.

Me too. Haven't told many people so nice to be able to chat to others.

Felt very nauseous and exhausted this morning but have perked up in the last hour. Is yours lasting all day FebBaby?

Also need to get a prescription for folic acid because my BMI is over 30 :/ Hope there won't be any issues, I have only been on the standard dose for the last 3 months.

We're like twins! :D Yes I was close to calling in sick this morning, laughing at myself since lunch. 
    First here also... i'd say I'm in for a shock. The past few weeks I'm in awe of every woman who has been through all of this!
    Hahaha baby twins. If it's just morning then I can cope better. Tomorrow I know what to expect and not be as upset. Emotions are up and down.

How women do this many times is amazing.

Oh girls you poor things the nausea can be tough. It tends to up the ante between about 6 weeks and 10. Get some ginger tea it will help and if it is bad in the morning have some dry crackers by the bed and eat them before you even get up, an empty stomach is your worst enemy with nausea - little and often. The sea sickness bands are great but I could only ever find brightly pattered ones - grand in winter with long sleeves but might be a bit obvious in the summer. Also ginger powder in lukewarm water is horrible but drink it in one go and it settles the stomach brilliantly.

I should say I struggled very badly with nausea (def not the norm for everyone) and was sick from about 6 weeks until 18 weeks all day every day, so much so I was losing weight! I tried all the tricks of the trade haha. Thankfully it eased off and didnt reappear again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkviewbaby

Hi All,

Found out Sunday, think I'm due around Feb 14th. Still not sure I believe it, even after several positive tests. Going to the doctor this afternoon to confirm. First baby, so happy, scared, excited, shocked.

Can't wait to tell parents, the thoughts of waiting 12 weeks is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Hi all,

Just got a positive result last night, in a bit of shock as wasn't planned. This will be my second with 9 year gap. I have MS and I'm already finding the tiredness levels increasing. Hopefully will get better in second trimester! I think I'm just 4 weeks, and would be due about 20th Feb but need to get to my GP next week to confirm.

x

• Advertisement

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Oh girls you poor things the nausea can be tough. It tends to up the ante between about 6 weeks and 10. Get some ginger tea it will help and if it is bad in the morning have some dry crackers by the bed and eat them before you even get up, an empty stomach is your worst enemy with nausea - little and often. The sea sickness bands are great but I could only ever find brightly pattered ones - grand in winter with long sleeves but might be a bit obvious in the summer. Also ginger powder in lukewarm water is horrible but drink it in one go and it settles the stomach brilliantly.

I should say I struggled very badly with nausea (def not the norm for everyone) and was sick from about 6 weeks until 18 weeks all day every day, so much so I was losing weight! I tried all the tricks of the trade haha. Thankfully it eased off and didnt reappear again :)

Thanks for the tips :) Mine has eased off so hopefully stays gone. I do appear to have morning sadness but going to the gym this morning helped so going to try that for the next while. Thankfully my tiredness has eased, still wrecked but I have chronic migraine too so that has me tired as well.
    Hi All,

Found out Sunday, think I'm due around Feb 14th. Still not sure I believe it, even after several positive tests. Going to the doctor this afternoon to confirm. First baby, so happy, scared, excited, shocked.

Can't wait to tell parents, the thoughts of waiting 12 weeks is killing me!
    Welcome :) I defo couldn't wait until 12 weeks, having an early scan about 9 weeks so will tell both parents then. Hard enough not telling them as is!
    eimsRV wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just got a positive result last night, in a bit of shock as wasn't planned. This will be my second with 9 year gap. I have MS and I'm already finding the tiredness levels increasing. Hopefully will get better in second trimester! I think I'm just 4 weeks, and would be due about 20th Feb but need to get to my GP next week to confirm.

x
    Good luck and welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

Got my positive test this morning! Our first baby and we're both a little stunned but absolutely thrilled. Think I'm due around the 23rd of Feb. I've made an appointment with the doctor for Monday to confirm.

Is there anything else I need to be doing? I have been taking folic acid and bought pregnacare today...and also stretch mark cream! Getting very ahead of myself!

I don't know how I'm going I last 12 weeks without telling family!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elephant85

Hi all!

So got a big positive this morning. Husband was still trying to set the stopwatch to 3 minutes when I told him no need to bother.. big positive. Shocked is an understatement. We've a 5 month old. Took a year and a half to conceive him. This time.. bingo. First time!! He'll be 13 months when baby bro or sis arrives. I'm due Feb 21st.

Was a bit freaked taking test but since got the positive... I've been excited!! Our lives are already upside down.. so one more.. well just more fun!

Congrats to all of ye... such an exciting time!!

Congrats and welcome to all the new arrivals eeeeek! I still have zero symptoms (apart from the tiredness) so a little freaked I took another digital text over the weekend, the weeks are going up!! Dont know why as I know I had no symptoms with my first until just after 6 weeks (apparently it is very unusual to experience any major symptoms before then) and then I was slammed with them. But I think in the absence of a scan seeing the digital numbers go up is a relief.

I could hold out until 12 weeks so we are having a private scan at 8 1/2 weeks. We will probably tell our folks then. I know a lot of people say hold off until 12 weeks but I say ask yourself, would you tell them if you had a loss? If so they why not tell them you are expecting. We won't be shouting it from the rooftops. Parents will know and one close friend of mine and thats it. If something were to happen I would want to be able to count on their support. Then we will start telling more people after 12 weeks.

Flix I am already using the cream too! I dont know if it worked but I used it and a certain pregnancy supplement the first time round and I didnt get a single stretch mark even though my family are very prone to them. So giving it a go this time just in case it really is the magic solution :)

Parkview I am due on Feb 15 so we are pretty close in dates.

I am not going to bother with the gp this time round, just going to send off my booking form to the hospital. Keep meaning to fill it out, so much more lax this time round haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Wife is due Feb 20th according go our guesstimate. Conceived through Ivf and have told those who were 'in the loop' as such, I know it's early but felt like they should know and since they know about the ivf they know the risks.

Going for 7 week scan on 04th July. Fingers crossed.

Ps Mrs is very emotional at the moment, I guess that's normal right?

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Wife is due Feb 20th according go our guesstimate. Conceived through Ivf and have told those who were 'in the loop' as such, I know it's early but felt like they should know and since they know about the ivf they know the risks.

Going for 7 week scan on 04th July. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations that is fantastic news!! Yep emotional sounds about right but maybe son't say that to her ;) the emotions tend to run riot in the early weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

We'll be going public but are going to have a private scan - when would be the best time to book this for? 6/ 7/ 8 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

flix wrote: »
    We'll be going public but are going to have a private scan - when would be the best time to book this for? 6/ 7/ 8 weeks?

I wouldn't go as early as 6 weeks, I ended up in the EPU at 6 weeks and the scan had to be internal. There was a heartbeat at that stage but its so small. Could see a lot more by 9 weeks but up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Yep - especially considering the journey you've been on to get to this point!

Early scan booked for 8 weeks for us - 4th July. Hoping to avoid the dildocam.

6+1 now, absolutely exhausted, public transport is making me nauseous and running after my toddler is hard work in the heat because he just won't sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

flix wrote: »

The place I went to recommends not booking any earlier than 6 weeks. I'd probably go with 7 or 8 myself, they'll have a better chance of detecting the heartbeat. They may still have to do an internal scan - I had one on what my last period date put me at 8 weeks, but I was actually just gone 6 that day. They did an external scan (you need a full bladder for this) then they got me to go and pee and they did the internal one to get the close up measurements.

Advertisement