Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Outing myself :)

All was well on Friday, was right on target with dates (definitely due on 12/02) and now 13+1. Told our families at the weekend and they're all delighted. Totally different from last time, much stronger symptoms overall and much harder to exercise but I'm still running (just about!).
    Welcome, you are 6 days behind me :) Glad it all went well. Really? Some say second time it's easier, personally I think that's only fair, you have another child to look after!

Today I went to the gym for my normal class and was able to actually do all the class for the first time in what feels like FOREVER (prob about 6 weeks) and feeling great. No nausea so far today - progress. I am 14+2. Still no bump. I am so so so impatient :pac:

How is everyone else feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Welcome, you are 6 days behind me :) Glad it all went well. Really? Some say second time it's easier, personally I think that's only fair, you have another child to look after!

Today I went to the gym for my normal class and was able to actually do all the class for the first time in what feels like FOREVER (prob about 6 weeks) and feeling great. No nausea so far today - progress. I am 14+2. Still no bump. I am so so so impatient :pac:

How is everyone else feeling?

Feeling good, had my nuchal fold scan and all looking very good, my booking scan with the coombe moved me up to Valentines Day. Told our extended families over the weekend. Still only a bit of nausea which is nothing compared to the sickness I had on my first. i was super nervous going into the Coombe scan for that reason as I had so little symptoms this time round!!

No bump yet and am almost 14 weeks. I didnt show on my first until about 24/25 weeks but expect to show sooner this time round. Still in all my normal clothes but I did have to get a bigger bra with no underwire over the weekend as for the first time this pregnancy the boobs were in agony!!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    No bump yet and am almost 14 weeks. I didnt show on my first until about 24/25 weeks but expect to show sooner this time round. Still in all my normal clothes but I did have to get a bigger bra with no underwire over the weekend as for the first time this pregnancy the boobs were in agony!!!
    14 weeks today and a very noticeable bump has appeared here! I look similar to how I did at 20 weeks last time :eek: Only up 1 cup size though mercifully, was up 4 by this stage last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

14 weeks today and a very noticeable bump has appeared here! I look similar to how I did at 20 weeks last time :eek: Only up 1 cup size though mercifully, was up 4 by this stage last time.

The boobs are a bit more contained so far this time round as well!

"16 week" appointment today (@14+3 because my midwife is about to go on annual leave for 2 weeks) - all good :)

T21/18/13 screening results all very low risk and a good strong heartbeat. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Is the T21etc screening a blood one or is that on the ultrasound?

I had the nuchal translucency measurement and a blood test done 2 weeks ago at my dating scan - there is a combined risk number calculated for T21 with a certain weighting for age (the risk is naturally higher than last time because I'm 2 years older, but I'm still not at advanced maternal age so not a hugely increased risk), the blood test results alone are used to work out a risk factor for T18/T13. All the values turned out to be something of the order of 1:10000+ thankfully.

Is anyone else still exhausted? I'm trying to keep up exercise but my training sessions mean I've to get up at 6 twice a week. I'm in bed at 9 and still wrecked when I wake at 8 sometimes. I'm 16 weeks today, I thought the tiredness eased. I also seem to have rotten headaches. I say seem because I've got chronic daily headaches and chronic migraine so headaches are the norm for me but these feel different.

Moany mona today :/

Yep, I've been blaming my toddler for most of it though!

I've found it really difficult to exercise, I'm lucky if I get out for 2 short runs during the week and Saturday morning Parkrun. 5k pushing the running buggy feels like climbing a mountain these days and it's only 4 months since I ran the London marathon...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

I don't know how you ladies are running! The most I can manage is an hour swimming but can't go too hard/fast.

I'm exhausted and my morning sickness has only just stopped. 3 days without throwing up but still some nausea.

14 weeks today :)

• Advertisement

17 weeks tomorrow. It's going fast now.

Had a stressful evening. I get bitten all the time by some kind of insect. I react mildly to them. Itchy hot and slightly swollen. Nothing to worry about. I went into the pharmacy today to get cream because the itch was driving me nutty. They said I had to IMMEDIATELY go to the Dr, said the vhi one was open. I got so panicked. Rang my GP, midwife rang me back and said all grand because it's normal for me and told me what I can take. Serious unnecessary worry!

Anyway have my 18 week check up next week. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again.

How's everyone? My nausea is mostly gone thankfully.

16 weeks today - shorts weather had arrived in London for the bank holiday weekend and I'm too bumpy for all of mine! :mad: Forecast hot again tomorrow and I'm dreading the train to work.

Nausea 95% gone, triggered the odd time by certain food texture and smells. Feeling very light movement, started getting flutters in response to my lunchtime tea last week and the other favourite time for it is when my son is snuggled into me at bedtime.

My 17 month old has finally decided he wants to walk independently so things just got more fun there!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you got one of those belly band yokes? I got one in black and one in white and they've been a godsend for letting me wear non-maternity jeans even though none of them are any way close to closing on me - it covers up the fact that the zip is completely open :pac:

I have one from last time but never thought to look for it earlier!

I'm just moaning and going to Dr tomorrow. I think I'd a bladder infection :( I really don't want antibiotics. Hope there is an alternative. Gah! Pregnancy isn't as amazing as I had thought.

Oh no! Bladder infections suck, especially when you're peeing all the time anyway.

Toots wrote: »
    Oh no! Bladder infections suck, especially when you're peeing all the time anyway.
    Thankfully very mild but all I do is pee right now. I'm only 18 weeks, what will I be like at 38? :D

Thankfully I know it's nothing sinister. Maybe the cranberry juice has worked feeling less moany.

You can get stuff in the chemist called cystopurin which is very good. Just double check it's ok to take when pregnant. I'm 18 weeks too and the peeing is getting ridiculous during the night. I don't remember being up this as often this early on my first baby!

Toots wrote: »
    You can get stuff in the chemist called cystopurin which is very good. Just double check it's ok to take when pregnant. I'm 18 weeks too and the peeing is getting ridiculous during the night. I don't remember being up this as often this early on my first baby!

I'm all clear. Don't have one :D have to keep an eye and I will start drinking cranberry as a precaution. Have taken the cystopurin before and it's good.

I had the 18 week check up (actually 17+2) and heard the heartbeat again <3

That's a relief! I'm just finished a course of antibiotics myself and luckily no adverse effects (usually they can give me thrush)

• Advertisement

Back is fecking killing me today, my toddler is officially way too heavy for long days in the Manduca.

17 weeks today though, tipping on by :)

Think I've picked the buggy! Probably go with the uppababy vista. It's convertible to two, adjustable height, suitable for over night sleeping and neat.

It's a bloody minefield!!!

Has anyone else looked/decided?

we went for the Uppababy Vista too! Got the 2016 model on Amazon with about €300 off. It's absolutely beautiful! I am so glad we got it and when I see other buggies I'm still delighted with ours. It's really sturdy looking but comfy too. The handle is perfect to adjust between myself (at 4'11") and my husband (at 6'2") and it's easily rests a changing bag across the bar. The shopping bag space at the bottom is huge!

It's also great that the carry cot is approved for overnight sleeping, so in the first few months it'll come in handy.

Only downside is it doesn't come with a coffee cup holder haha it's an extra €25 but I'm hoping in the November & January sales we might get one at a better price. Gonna keep an eye out for the snack tray and footmuff at sale price too.

What's the footmuff for? I'm a first time mum in case it wasn't obvious :D I've seen the footmuffs but no idea if I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

What's the footmuff for? I'm a first time mum in case it wasn't obvious :D I've seen the footmuffs but no idea if I need it.

To keep the baby's feet warm.

Footmuff attaches to the buggy with the buckles through it and is like a little sleeping bag to keep baby warm. Could be good next winter to have though it's pretty cold already.

Footmuff attaches to the buggy with the buckles through it and is like a little sleeping bag to keep baby warm. Could be good next winter to have though it's pretty cold already.
    So it's for the buggy part and not the carry cot? That makes sense and yes I can see it being needed next winter. Will keep an eye out.

For second time mums is somewhere like mothercare a good place to get the big bits or have you any chance of getting something (foot muff) thrown in if you go to a more local place? I may get most of this up north, hubbie is from there!

You don't need the foot muff for the carry cot bit. I'd say us Jan/Feb mums will probably not need one until the Autumn when the babies are sitting up in the buggy seat. I've never really bought anything big in mothercare because when we had my son they were one of the more expensive places. I think their prices might have come down a bit since then. Tony Kealys are good, and we've also gotten a few of the big bits from Bella Baby in Dundrum - they're not the cheapest day-to-day, but they often have special offers which are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Im getting the vista too, guessing I wont need a footmuff til winter 18 as they'll be in the carrycot part this winter, Im due in December.

• Advertisement

Mothercare is crap and the Irish one is an even bigger ripoff imho. We order a lot from Amazon and after that use Pricespy to look for deals.

Advertisement