Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I'm only on the Luas RK but it's definitely stressful! People either don't care or don't see. I've a baby on board badge and a bump but people just ignore it. I've found schools kids the worst! Had a very unpleasant experience this morning, Christmas spirit right?

Thankfully only one week left before Christmas and then 3 weeks after that.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This time of year makes people worse, people are ratty because they're waiting out in the cold and any sense of normal human decency goes out the window by the time the bus/train/tram arrives. At least we don't have too long to go after the Christmas break until maternity leave!

Working from home today after a midwife appointment and before my son's nursery Christmas party, it is so much less stressful when the only commute you have to make is the walk to the nursery and the clinic!

All looking good at 31 week appointment, baby head down and lively and my BP normal. Needed another round of bloods though as they only had enough blood last time for one of the required tests. Back just after New Years at 34 weeks.

Hello all, how is everyone doing? Having time off from the Luas is really helping. Legs are so swollen but the socks are helping. Not sleeping great but some days I do an thankfully it reminds me what's at the end of this journey :)

Just back in London after Christmas back home, fcuk me I'm tired. Trying to do all the visiting and chase around after my toddler is exhausting. 33+4 now, 3 more days and Flybe wouldn't have let me on!

I totally understand RK. I'm still with family and have to go back to more family for a few days next week. I just want my bed, my clean tidy and organised room. I'm totally exhausted too. I think you're super woman to do it with a toddler. Fair play!

I'm starting back at acupuncture in 2 weeks in the hope I don't go over.

• Advertisement

34 week appointment today - everything looking good. Little dude kicking like mad, HR normal and everything looking good on my part as well. Iron levels high enough that it shouldn't cause any issues for the birth centre. I'm at the hella uncomfortable stage though, front of my pelvis is achey quite a lot.

Back in work today and I feel like being here about as much as I feel like being punched in the face repeatedly. I've been shafted by a payroll messup that they seem to think that a "soz" email is an acceptable solution to and I just can't be dealing with the corporate bull**** elsewhere. I also still have to fill in my self-evaluation for my end of year review - is "I managed to not puke at work from 5-20 weeks of nausea" or "I did not bring a flamethrower to work for this application's thick users" an acceptable comment? That's what feels accurate at this point.

How are you doing this week RK? I feel it's just the two of us in February. Anyone else due in February or as I keep forgetting NEXT MONTH.

I'm fairly over being pregnant now. Still at work but very swollen and my hands are sore. I'm 36+3 today but assuming I'll go to 42 so that's 5 more weeks. Thankfully I'm sleeping and a friend had her baby and I know it's worth he because he's adorable.

Hoping to get a few bits in the lidl and aldi baby events.

This week can eat a bag of dicks tbh, my toddler has been sick so today is my third work from home day with him and it's a nightmare trying to get anything done with a demanding 21 month old. I was also up at the hospital on Tuesday for reduced movements, baby seemed fine but it took an hour on the monitors rather than 20 minutes to meet criteria and I was stuck with said toddler sitting in my lap watching Teletubbies the whole time. Growth scan Wednesday, I have a bit too much fluid (deepest pool was 1mm short of a straight polyhydramnios diagnosis) so that could change my birth plans a bit. Baby looks fine though, was estimated at 6lb 2oz at 35+2.

Not sure about Ireland but the Tesco baby event is starting here next week, which means Asda and Sainsburys should follow soon, might be worth checking them out too.

1 month to due date from today and 2 weeks to maternity leave...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Hang in there rainbowkirby, I was in your position in March 2016..... it's the toddler that's really the problem! :-) The end is in sight.And it's Friday.
    Lidl and Aldi have events next week too I believe (well they do in Ireland).

This week can eat a bag of dicks tbh, my toddler has been sick so today is my third work from home day with him and it's a nightmare trying to get anything done with a demanding 21 month old. I was also up at the hospital on Tuesday for reduced movements, baby seemed fine but it took an hour on the monitors rather than 20 minutes to meet criteria and I was stuck with said toddler sitting in my lap watching Teletubbies the whole time. Growth scan Wednesday, I have a bit too much fluid (deepest pool was 1mm short of a straight polyhydramnios diagnosis) so that could change my birth plans a bit. Baby looks fine though, was estimated at 6lb 2oz at 35+2.

Not sure about Ireland but the Tesco baby event is starting here next week, which means Asda and Sainsburys should follow soon, might be worth checking them out too.

1 month to due date from today and 2 weeks to maternity leave...
    How are you feeling today RK? I'm struggling and I don't have another baby so again supermom. I did too much yesterday so I didn't sleep well because I was so swollen. Also this cold won't go away. Still lingering. Midwife on Tuesday will see if I finish early. I've 2weeks of work left too.

Yes the Lidl one is tomorrow and Aldi is Thursday so will go to both.

• Advertisement

Not too bad today thankfully. Little fella is a bit better today so hopefully he'll be ok for nursery on Monday because I have a 9-2:30 antenatal class. Hubby is off to Paris for the Munster match tomorrow so getting him to do as much toddler chasing as possible today!

Caught my toddler's bug. Being 36 weeks and having an absolute fouler of a cold is a special kind of hell.

Send chocolate?

Caught my toddler's bug. Being 36 weeks and having an absolute fouler of a cold is a special kind of hell.

Send chocolate?
    Balls. That's rotten. Is he at creche or at home with you?

He's at nursery and I'm in work. I suppose it could be worse though, it would be a disaster if I got this in 3-4 weeks time!

He's at nursery and I'm in work. I suppose it could be worse though, it would be a disaster if I got this in 3-4 weeks time!
    Can you take sick leave?

I've been signed off due to high blood pressure. I'm 37 weeks today.

Trying not to but will take a sick day if I need to. Can't focus in work at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

RK, that's point I threw in the towel. Sick leave, citing long commute on public transport which was a nightmare, low BP, and just general....I-give-up-and-couldn't-care-less-ness.

My manager told me he was surprised I had last that long (he had just had his second a couple months previous to that:D)

The downside being that the little fecker went way overdue and didn't appear til the very end of week 42.:rolleyes:

How are You feeling RK? I just had to bite the bullet and take sick leave. The swelling is too bad.

Actually had a trip to holles St casualty during the week for suspected pre eclampsia. Thankfully tests were clear when monitored for a while but was nerve wracking.

Not feeling great today, I feel crampy or something. Also baby isn't moving as much as normal. Is that normal or should I go get it checked? Still moving but not as vigorous as before. Just in the last few days.

37+4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Did your hospital give you a number for the emergency room? If so, give them a call and see what the midwife says. I’m sure it’s fine but my hospital always said if you have any concerns ring or go in rather than stressing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

So did I skip the queue?! I was due Feb 20th...

Had my baby on Monday afternoon - at 34+6 weeks! Baby boy, Elliot, was 5.5kg in NICU but he’s doing well. Staff in Limerick have been amazing! My waters broke on Sunday morning - I actually thought I was about to pee the bed! Then had irregular contractions over the next 24 hours but cervix wasn’t opening. They gave me two shots of steroids to help mature his lungs. Then had to go for c-section. A real rollercoaster but we got through it. I’m being discharged today but baby is staying for a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Had my baby on Monday afternoon - at 34+6 weeks! Baby boy, Elliot, was 5.5kg in NICU but he’s doing well. Staff in Limerick have been amazing! My waters broke on Sunday morning - I actually thought I was about to pee the bed! Then had irregular contractions over the next 24 hours but cervix wasn’t opening. They gave me two shots of steroids to help mature his lungs. Then had to go for c-section. A real rollercoaster but we got through it. I’m being discharged today but baby is staying for a bit longer.

Congratulations! He’s absolutely gorgeous!

bee06 wrote: »
    Did your hospital give you a number for the emergency room? If so, give them a call and see what the midwife says. I’m sure it’s fine but my hospital always said if you have any concerns ring or go in rather than stressing about it.
    I'll check my file, I think there is one. I'm feeling off and grumpy so possibly just worrying. Will ring and see. Thanks.

Congratulations! He's absolutely gorgeous :)

36+5 here, another week left in work. Thought he was slowing down a bit yesterday again but a big dirty Pad Thai and a Brewdog Nanny State seemed to do a good baby-waking job. Chilling out at home now with my son after volunteering at my local parkrun this morning, little bro having a nice wriggle since we got home! Have my repeat growth scan on Wednesday afternoon and this will most likely determine whether I can use the birth centre (midwife led) or have to go through labour ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

thanks ladies!

Best of luck Rainbow! I found a nice cold drink was also good to get baby moving. It’s very weird that he’s not in the bump anymore! Weirder that I’m home without him my god I love him so much & holding him is the most wonderful experience! Can’t believe my late Feb baby turned into a mid January baby! Keeping me on my toes already :D

Looks like I may squeeze into January too. Just in a room on antenatal ward waiting to start induction. I'm 38 weeks today. Second bout of reduced movements at the weekend and that seems to trigger an Oh Sh1t button here.

Looks like I may squeeze into January too. Just in a room on antenatal ward waiting to start induction. I'm 38 weeks today. Second bout of reduced movements at the weekend and that seems to trigger an Oh Sh1t button here.
    Best of luck RK. Better to be safe. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm drinking all the raspberry tea, I'm crampy and want this baby out.

How are you getting on RK? GP said I'm looking good so hopefully I go this week and not next. I'm 39+1 today. I'm trying the clay sage tomorrow.

Not much happening so far, 24 hours of the pessary is nearly up, some tightening and a lot of pressure but no proper labour yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

Best of luck rainbow kirby x

• Advertisement

Best of luck RK and hopefully baby will be here soon.

I feel rotten today and crampy and weird. Just want this baby out now. May even try castor oil!

Advertisement