Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

These Rorys Stories that keep popping up on my facebook. Seems like a bit of a knacker

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Oops! wrote: »
    They know what they're doing... They are playing up to the hipster, gym loving, vain, instagram, snapchatting GAA playing/loving young lads that the county and wider area is full of unfortunatly.... And it's working.... I know, i'm living slap bang in the middle of the county and surrounded by these types.:D

Hipster they ain’t. They’re as generic as white sliced pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

type of lads that think it's hilarious saying "keep her lit" to other lads

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya could never warm to those 2 Johnnie fellas. I heard same as few others here, that they rip into the audience.

Although I can see why they be popular in place like Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I'm blessed in that no matter my social media, be it twitter or instagram or whatever, you won't see my face on any of them.

I don't like looking at myself at the best of times, never mind having a photo on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

They think they are though...:rolleyes:

Could never stand Shane Lynch...

But of all the times to be going on about 'marriage woes'... then being a tool with his 'God's plan' crap...
    (He moved out of the house he shares with his wife).

What it basically read like was 'I'm currently on wife number 2, but we're not getting along at the moment-cos I'm never home... so who knows, I may move on to wife number 3... but feckit, it's God's plan'.

Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Am I the only one who finds that Sir Stevo Timothy person extremely annoying and not funny? He sits in the car roaring semi-incoherently at the long-suffering "Kathleen" in a "culchie" accent that Pat Shortt wouldn't believe, like someone having a nervous breakdown while on cocaine.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds that Sir Stevo Timothy person extremely annoying and not funny? He sits in the car roaring semi-incoherently at the long-suffering "Kathleen" in a "culchie" accent that Pat Shortt wouldn't believe, like someone having a nervous breakdown while on cocaine.

Was he not calling himself Farmer Dan a while back?

Christ-did he sell that s**t act to Britain now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jimgoose wrote: »

i like him

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Could never stand Shane Lynch...

But of all the times to be going on about 'marriage woes'... then being a tool with his 'God's plan' crap...
    (He moved out of the house he shares with his wife).

What it basically read like was 'I'm currently on wife number 2, but we're not getting along at the moment-cos I'm never home... so who knows, I may move on to wife number 3... but feckit, it's God's plan'.

Idiot.

If they look like a wife beater …. and they act like a wife beater....

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    If they look like a wife beater …. and they act like a wife beater....

Ohhhh... Ohhhh...:eek:

Oh, damn....

You don't think... jeez, I'm not gonna say anything because I don't want boards getting in trouble. But wow... that'd open your eyes a little wider, for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ohhhh... Ohhhh...:eek:

Oh, damn....

You don't think... jeez, I'm not gonna say anything because I don't want boards getting in trouble. But wow... that'd open your eyes a little wider, for sure.

It is in the eyes, you can always tell.

Pretty boys with tattoos as well. I mean you just know he would be a foooking blowover if things got tasty. The entire planet knows that the toughest dude in Boyzone was really Michael Graham, hardly anything to boast about but I reckon even Keating would take Lynch if it mattered enough, you could always tell he was just a dweeb who you wouldn't trust to walk your dog for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

Simon Delaney, I just can't stand him. He's now head chef on Ireland AM giving his expert tips. Rebel Wilson too! If the two of them ever got together on a TV show I'd flip. :p

Pretty boys with tattoos as well. I mean you just know he would be a foooking blowover if things got tasty. The entire planet knows that the toughest dude in Boyzone was really Michael Graham, hardly anything to boast about but I reckon even Keating would take Lynch if it mattered enough, you could always tell he was just a dweeb who you wouldn't trust to walk your dog for a day.

The Tubridy interview where he literally lost his s**t with his 'shove that up your f***ing hole' speech when Ryan showed Boyzone's earliest tv gig on the Late Late showed an immature brat, for sure.

If he was an (alleged) douchebag... I have a creeping feeling he'd try and justify it with the bible.

DenMan wrote: »
    Simon Delaney, I just can't stand him. He's now head chef on Ireland AM giving his expert tips. Rebel Wilson too! If the two of them ever got together on a TV show I'd flip. :p

I quite like him, but you can see how he irritates a lot of people, my missus included - he was a useless, untrustworthy fuck-arse nearly twenty years ago in Bachelor's Walk as well. :pac:

I cannot abide the dirty-looking prick. I'd love to whale fuck out of him with a hurley.

DenMan wrote: »

Colin Murphy always described him as the 'guy who'd perfected playing himself' in any acting role (Barring the s**fest that was the Last furlong... if RTE repeat that during lockdown... I'm doing a Stan from the Eminem video. Except instead of pregnant girlfriend/ fiance, it'll be the Skybox and the TV in the back of the car).

Delaney wouldn't get a gig with Rebel Wilson. She's slowly on the outs, and he was never on the ins.

The Tubridy interview where he literally lost his s**t with his 'shove that up your f***ing hole' speech when Ryan showed Boyzone's earliest tv gig on the Late Late showed an immature brat, for sure.

If he was an (alleged) douchebag... I have a creeping feeling he'd try and justify it with the bible.

Just another wanabe hard man.... Anybody remember his brief attempt at rallying in the KA championship.... I'll never forget him taking off from the start of a stage and sticking it in a ditch a few seconds later, all his talk, some clown.

Just another wanabe hard man.... Anybody remember his brief attempt at rallying in the KA championship.... I'll never forget him taking off from the start of a stage and sticking it in a ditch a few seconds later, all his talk, some clown.

Was that the crash that put him in hospital, where he found religion?

I remember he claimed religion had made him a better person, then on the same show, made a vague 'threat' to Neil Delamere. (My money would have been on Neil tbh).

He's also changed his story multiple times about trying to 'start a fight' with P. Diddy.
    Diddy grew up in Harlem, New York. Where your alarm clock was someone getting shot.
    Lynch grew up in Donaghmede, a fairly posh Dublin neighbourhood. If Diddy wanted to, he could easily have had Shane picking his teeth out his poop the next morning.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5299872/celebrity-big-brothers-shane-lynch-reveals-he-got-into-a-drunken-brawl-with-sean-diddy-combs-at-awards-show-and-attempted-to-rob-his-silver-chain/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Was that the crash that put him in hospital, where he found religion?

I remember he claimed religion had made him a better person, then on the same show, made a vague 'threat' to Neil Delamere. (My money would have been on Neil tbh).

He's also changed his story multiple times about trying to 'start a fight' with P. Diddy.
    Diddy grew up in Harlem, New York. Where your alarm clock was someone getting shot.
    Lynch grew up in Donaghmede, a fairly posh Dublin neighbourhood. If Diddy wanted to, he could easily have had Shane picking his teeth out his poop the next morning.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5299872/celebrity-big-brothers-shane-lynch-reveals-he-got-into-a-drunken-brawl-with-sean-diddy-combs-at-awards-show-and-attempted-to-rob-his-silver-chain/

donaghmede is fairly posh? LOL. Lynch does come across as an arsehole though

donaghmede is fairly posh? LOL. Lynch does come across as an arsehole though

It would be seen as middle class, or upper middle class. In general. Some people compare it to Kimmage. It's about 15 minutes drive from Castleknock, in North Dublin.
    Castleknock's always been a posh part of North Dublin. It's where Colin Farrell grew up too. (Despite Colin Farrell's accent, he grew up in a fairly wealthy part of Dublin. His parents weren't poor, for one. Yet he's another one that puts on the 'poor jackeen' accent).

It would be seen as middle class, or upper middle class. In general. Some people compare it to Kimmage. It's about 15 minutes drive from Castleknock, in North Dublin.
    Castleknock's always been a posh part of North Dublin. It's where Colin Farrell grew up too. (Despite Colin Farrell's accent, he grew up in a fairly wealthy part of Dublin. His parents weren't poor, for one. Yet he's another one that puts on the 'poor jackeen' accent).

castleknock is dublin west. and there is no way donaghmede is middle or even upper middle class. it is solidly working class. I grew up there and my mother still lives there. I know the place very well.

castleknock is dublin west. and there is no way donaghmede is middle or even upper middle class. it is solidly working class. I grew up there and my mother still lives there. I know the place very well.

Well, my point was that it's not Harlem. Lynch trying to pick a fight with a dude from Harlem.

Even rappers have alleged Diddy was involved in Tupac's death (it's widely believed to be true, and Biggie was payback. Tho Notorious BIG had ticked off a LOT of people-especially by beating up his mistresses).

https://www.nme.com/news/music/p-diddy-responds-to-eminems-claim-that-he-killed-tupac-2382819

You honestly think Diddy would have allowed Lynch to keep breathing if he had thrown a punch at him?

Well, my point was that it's not Harlem. Lynch trying to pick a fight with a dude from Harlem.

Even rappers have alleged Diddy was involved in Tupac's death (it's widely believed to be true, and Biggie was payback. Tho Notorious BIG had ticked off a LOT of people-especially by beating up his mistresses).

https://www.nme.com/news/music/p-diddy-responds-to-eminems-claim-that-he-killed-tupac-2382819

You honestly think Diddy would have allowed Lynch to keep breathing if he had thrown a punch at him?

i dont think lynch would be allowed close enough to even try. Your assessment was spot on apart from the bit about donaghmede being posh :D

Was that the crash that put him in hospital, where he found religion?]

No he just left it on its side in a drain.... I think it was drifting or something a few years later he had that shunt and found god.:rolleyes:

No he just left it on its side in a drain.... I think it was drifting or something a few years later he had that shunt and found god.:rolleyes:

A friend of mine used to have a tee shirt that said 'I found Jesus-he was in the bushes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 s3ndnudes

For me it has to be:

The Healy Raes (the embodiment of ignorance, self- interest and cute hoorism )
    Rob Lipsett utterly vacuous (if you could even classify him as a celebrity!)
    Sarah Godfrey (again, 'celebrity' is a stretch)
    Ryan Tubridy (overpaid and smarmy )
    Brian O'Driscoll (The smirk, the privilege, the South Dublin bubble type)

Like many other posts, I don't understand inexplicable !

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

David Mitchell from Mitchell and Webb.

• Advertisement

Martine Mccutcheon.

Advertisement